PDA

View Full Version : I want a dog

Dime
Jul 20, 2003, 12:26 AM
This is my rant because I don't have a dog. And I want one.

Damn.

Asuka_chan
Jul 20, 2003, 12:43 AM
Then get one. Simple as that ^^'

geewj
Jul 20, 2003, 01:13 AM
Make sure you know what you are getting into. Dogs are a lot of work.

Dime
Jul 20, 2003, 02:04 AM
Yea that's why I can't get one. They shit all over the place. And also piss all over the place.

Damn!

bordering
Jul 20, 2003, 04:25 AM
...get a cat? it's like magic! put them in their litter box once and they always go there.

(you were just WAITING for someone to suggest you get a cat so you could jump down their throat, weren't you?)

polishedweasel
Jul 20, 2003, 04:42 AM
Get a pet turkey. Because you can always make it feel funny come Thanksgiving...I just made no sense. Bye bye!!!! You don't really want a dog though. They are more of a nuisance than anything else.

Brett
Jul 20, 2003, 07:53 AM
Go with cats! the magic of a litter box!

_J
Jul 20, 2003, 10:22 AM

Alas, domestic cats cannot tear an intruder to pieces...

Sham
Jul 20, 2003, 11:18 AM
On 2003-07-20 08:22, _J wrote:

Alas, domestic cats cannot tear an intruder to pieces...

Find the right one.

*looks at 2" scar on his hand that was the result of breaking up a fight between his cat and a dog four times her size... that occurred over six years ago*

Note: In the end, the dog's face was nice and bloody and I had a long, deep cut complete with other mini cuts that weren't deep enough to leave a scar on my hands/arm.

_J
Jul 20, 2003, 11:27 AM
Find the right one.

*looks at 2" scar on his hand that was the result of breaking up a fight between his cat and a dog four times her size... that occurred over six years ago*

Note: In the end, the dog's face was nice and bloody and I had a long, deep cut complete with other mini cuts that weren't deep enough to leave a scar on my hands/arm.

Sham, I am quite certain you would find it a much more...eventfull experience trying to 'persuade', say, a Doverman to let go of one of your limbs.

Vanango
Jul 20, 2003, 01:04 PM
Dogs are a lot of fun but they are a lot of work.

When I'm away at school though my mom has to take care of her which is nice of my mom to do that. I miss her tons. I don't think I'd want a another dog until I'm a lot older. They are serious commitments and I still want to travel a lot so leaving them in the care of someone else isn't fair for the dog.

Have you considered volunteering at an animal shelter? I did that for a bit but I am allergic to cats so I wanted to rip my eyes out. It was nice to spend time with so many dogs though -- it helps you decide what sort of dog you want, but you get attached to them.

Sham
Jul 20, 2003, 02:31 PM
On 2003-07-20 09:27, _J wrote:

Find the right one.

Sham, I am quite certain you would find it a much more...eventfull experience trying to 'persuade', say, a Doverman to let go of one of your limbs.

I know all that, pfft, I used to have a pit bull. Just saying not all cats are little harmless fuzz-balls that rub up against your leg.

Dime
Jul 20, 2003, 02:59 PM
Tried the cat thing, since neighbor never takes care of his cat or any of his pets(dumbass hip wannabe 13 year olds). Cats are just boring, you feed em, pet em a bit, then they sleep, or walk away to lick their ass. But you can do a lot more with a dog.

Pet turkey sounds promising...the dog has nowhere near as tasty gibblets as the turkey.

LollipopLolita
Jul 20, 2003, 04:09 PM
On 2003-07-20 00:04, Dime wrote:
Yea that's why I can't get one. They shit all over the place. And also piss all over the place.

Damn!

omg i heard this rumor, that dogs can be trained to poo and pee at a designated place, like outside in your yard? and with a doggy door, i heard they know to just go outside do their business and come back in. if they don't have a doggy door, they'll wait by your door and bark to let you know they need to go outside. amazing rumor isn't it?

also rabbits cats and ferrets can be litterbox trained.

Cats are just boring, you feed em, pet em a bit, then they sleep, or walk away to lick their ass.

and damn i also heard this rumor that cats and rabbits can be trained, they even walk on a leash and can fetch. they know their name and come when called. wow! also this is just yet another rumor, but hey have you head that dogs lick more than just their ass and have behavorial problems when left untrained?

btw, there are no miracle dogs, and especially with dogs, you have to tell them how to behave and set the rules, or they'll be crazier than a cat.

_J
Jul 20, 2003, 04:19 PM
btw, there are no miracle dogs, and especially with dogs, you have to tell them how to behave and set the rules, or they'll be crazier than a cat.

Umm...I guess this is that "cat person, dog person" thing raising it's ugly head. I don't think it'd be wise to make generalizations about either...they both have good points and bad. But seriously, cats sleep ALOT. My cats beat me hands down...@_@

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _J on 2003-07-20 14:35 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Jul 20, 2003, 04:28 PM
On 2003-07-20 14:19, _J wrote:
Umm...I guess this is that "cat person, dog person" thing raising it's ugly head. I don't think it'd be wise to make generalizations about either...they both have good points and bad.

no, I have both cats and dogs, and all dogs need obedience training or at least ground rules, or they will be the pack leader over humans and do whatever they want. It's called dog status hierachy.

_J
Jul 20, 2003, 04:37 PM
no, I have both cats and dogs, and all dogs need obedience training or at least ground rules, or they will be the pack leader over humans and do whatever they want. It's called dog status hierachy.

I stand corrected. *nods head* Umm...I don't know why that "mailto" thing showed up on one bit of my last post...(???)

LollipopLolita
Jul 20, 2003, 04:57 PM
because you have a @

Voodoochild
Jul 20, 2003, 04:58 PM
You should buy a Pittbull, they are nice IF you take care of them. But you need a bit of exp about dogs first.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Guile
Jul 20, 2003, 05:38 PM
Don't get a dog, you will like it for a month than wish it was gone.
also puppies grow up quick so yeah that does'nt last either.
Get a blue pit.

LollipopLolita
Jul 20, 2003, 05:51 PM
On 2003-07-20 14:58, Voodoochild wrote:
You should buy a Pittbull, they are nice IF you take care of them.

the above would apply to all dogs

But you need a bit of exp about dogs first.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

a rottweiler needs more experience than a pit. so does a great dane or giant schauzer. the image of a pit being difficult and vicious is false

Voodoochild
Jul 20, 2003, 06:00 PM
Yes i know,but however i know wot they can do if they are not handle in the right way. I have many mates that have P bulls. And i would have one too but i work to many hours a day(15hours) to raise one. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif So i cant have a dog.

Dime
Jul 20, 2003, 08:15 PM
Ranting is fun.

Mmmmm...dog gibblets.