PDA

View Full Version : nooo..... 2.6 browser

Shog-Yoggoth
Feb 18, 2001, 01:19 AM
ARghh..... after goofing around for 4 hours this week with the broadband adapter, etc. (I plan on downloading the passport this weekend and burning it on a friend's comp) I tried playing today offline and when I went to load my save game it said that it was unable to load it. WTF?
Now I lost my lvl 30 Hucast. Ack. He had all sorts of cool weapons, including 3 rares (the best being the double saber +10).
I just read on the main page something about the possibility of the 2.6 browser flashing the BIOS... is it possible that using 2.6 can screw up one of your saved games too?
Has this happened to anybody else using the 2.6 browser?

Ambrai
Feb 18, 2001, 03:41 AM
If my understanding is correct by flashing the system bios it erases the SN of the Dreamcast. By doing that it makes it so you cant use your saved game because the save believes that it is being used on a different system than it first was.

I am very sorry =..(

Xenomorph
Feb 18, 2001, 10:37 AM
i have a level 37 human/ranger......

i also use the DreamPassport(BBA), and PlanetWeb 2.6 every now and then.... they have never messed with my Dreamcast...

people that have complained about browsers wiping their mem have used all different kinds of browsers.. from 1.x, to 2.0 to 2.6...