PDA

View Full Version : Rant against Nintendo

Dime
Jul 23, 2003, 05:19 PM
Is anyone else as pissed off as I am that we bought an online adapter and now Nintendo isn't making anymore online games (or at least they won't for awhile)?

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

polishedweasel
Jul 23, 2003, 06:40 PM
Nope, I got a dial up adapter and a broadband adapter. I'm still not pissed.

kat
Jul 23, 2003, 07:00 PM
well, I bought my cube and the adaptor for online with the sole intention of using it for PSO... and knowing that there were no other games out that worked with my BBA nor were there any heralded for the near future....

so I can't say that I didn't know what I was getting into...

Vanango
Jul 24, 2003, 12:11 AM
I'm not pissed off. I don't think about it at all. I had fun while I played and though it's disappointing you can't use it for new games I don't regret purchasing it.

Fojar
Jul 24, 2003, 12:25 AM
theres always ep3!!!

ugh i suddenly feel so dirty

Inu_Ranma
Jul 26, 2003, 05:22 AM
What about Double Dash? I recall that that was being released in the next few months. My best pal was at the exhibit at E3 when they announced that it would definitely have online (and possibly network) capabilities. I'm very much looking forward to that, seeing as there has yet to be a Mario Kart game that has not surprised me with its high quality.

monkeyfist
Jul 26, 2003, 11:56 PM
i heard that double dash will be network only. i hope it goes online

Reece
Jul 27, 2003, 01:01 AM
It won't be online supported by Nintendo but there still are ways to get it online. I read about it on Igncube during E3.

Dime
Jul 27, 2003, 04:05 AM
There is hope.

Inu_Ranma
Jul 27, 2003, 12:42 PM
Ummm...like I said...at E3 the reps from Nintendo (who I trust more than IGN) said that it WILL, without a doubt, be online. I believe that would indicate that they're supporting said online version. This seems to have been while the magazine was coming out, so maybe your info's aged.

Ness
Jul 27, 2003, 03:10 PM
I don't think I will be taking my Gmaecube online; all the online games I want are coming to Xbox.

FinalMasterM
Jul 27, 2003, 04:14 PM
I bought my dial-up for my GC for the purpose of playing PSO, online. I do with there were more games in the works that took advantage of the net. In all honestly, double dash wouldn't be worth the effort and money to network 2 games (since you'd need 2+ systems, 2+ bbas, 2+ games) I'll stick to 4-play split screen. I just hope this version allows for 3-4player GP, unlike the 64 version where 3-4players had to race against each other, rather than with computer.

Inu_Ranma
Jul 27, 2003, 05:33 PM
My best friend was playing 8 player, all human, GP at E3 the entire time, I believe. He won a buncha GBA carrying cases doing so http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JGaff
Jul 27, 2003, 07:22 PM
If you bought the adapter knowing full well why it was made and how it would be used, it's your oversight that irritates you. The whole GC online was made to make some good revenue for ST. Hence "Online". Nintendo try to make it's games friendly and simple to use. Never have I been baffled with reying to connect a wire here to a outlet there. However, very recently, Nintendo has been pressured to keep up with a rapidly growing market with differant interests in gaming. 5 years ago, gamers wanted action, fun, and multiplayer. Today, they want superior graphics, connectability, kick-ass multiplayer with everything from vehicles to mounted chain guns to boot. You would be at fault for not seeing this from being a consumer and reading around. Nintendo has been stubborn to change for awhile. They are yet to make another online game.

If you got the modem adapter by other means, well then it's just a freebie and you'll have to appreciate what it has given you. I myself don't have a method to get online, so i have to envy you for now.

~JGaff~
Had

Reece
Jul 28, 2003, 12:46 AM
your pissed off for being able to play PSO online haha