PDA

View Full Version : Original Final Fantasy

ssephiroth_da_hunter
Jul 27, 2003, 11:41 PM
How many of people played the orginal Final Fantasy on Nintendo or the remake on the PLaystation?? I'm currently playing the remake and man is it tough. There are sooo many random battles on the Playstation version, but without the original the others wouldnt exist..

Inu_Ranma
Jul 28, 2003, 12:23 AM
I had the original back when it was new. Back when it was meant to be the only game in the 'series,' ironically enough, hence the title. It was the last bit of budget of a bunch of coders who were running out of money. Of course, it was a hit, so that didn't happen. I stopped buying Final Fantasy after number 6, but still played some of them. I simply liked the older interface better for some reason. Maybe it's cause I grew up playing on it...

Bit
Jul 28, 2003, 12:47 AM
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest are we talking about?

That had to be the worst game I've ever seen. The only Final Fantasy that really caught my attention was FF3.

That was a classic.

Slicer238
Jul 28, 2003, 12:57 AM
Terra Loke Shawdow Sabin. Yea that is my fav FF, then its FF7 for number 2.

Bit
Jul 28, 2003, 01:00 AM
It's Locke* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Kefka was my favorite character out of that one .. he was the perfect villan. An insane clown just bent on destroying the world.

Slicer238
Jul 28, 2003, 01:02 AM
Lol, leave me be. I liked the General (I have forgot his name) that tried to kill Kefka. Celes was also kinda cool. I like the octopuss, He was the greatest villan. "Hold on let me draw you".. "er ok".

TR3NT
Jul 28, 2003, 03:07 AM
You're talking about General Leo. God, I loved his attack. SHOCK!

Nai_Calus
Jul 28, 2003, 03:27 AM
Yay, FFVI. I love that game. Anyone who plays that game and isn't moved to tears by the opera scene is a soulless machine. O_o; I cried several times during that game. FFVI just plain owns.

Heeee... Ultros. XD

So, do you prefer to save Cid or let him die? ^_-;

Inu_Ranma
Jul 28, 2003, 05:09 AM
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was NOT FF1, but instead a dumbed down game that Square made so that the 'stupid americans' could start learning how to play RPG's. Final Fantasy 1 was for the Original Nintendo, not SNES, and was released in the mid 80's

xHIGHONLIFEx
Jul 28, 2003, 08:22 AM
Final Fantasy... Ah the good ol days... finding the desert in order to find the airship, fighting those enemies with RUB... finding the rats tail in order to change ranks... Fighting Chaos, the bastard took up half the screen... Final fantasy 4 was pretty cool too, my favorite character was Mog, I think that's how you spelled it... No other Final Fantasy owns up to the original...

Slicer238
Jul 28, 2003, 12:28 PM
On 2003-07-28 01:27, Ian-KunX wrote:
Yay, FFVI. I love that game. Anyone who plays that game and isn't moved to tears by the opera scene is a soulless machine. O_o; I cried several times during that game. FFVI just plain owns.

Heeee... Ultros. XD

You let Cid die your heartless. Cid is awesomeness.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jul 28, 2003, 02:16 PM
On 2003-07-28 10:28, Slicer238 wrote:

On 2003-07-28 01:27, Ian-KunX wrote:

Heeee... Ultros. XD

You let Cid die your heartless. Cid is awesomeness.

Cid the Bannana Man...haha, I never beat that game, I got to the end where you fought,I think it was Ultima Weapon(or somthing like that), but it was so hard, so I stopped for a while...Maybe i'll pick it back up soon

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Hero_Of_Time on 2003-07-28 12:24 ]</font>

Slicer238
Jul 28, 2003, 02:22 PM
I never put that down I only put the last line.

Artemidorus
Jul 28, 2003, 05:25 PM
well, I haven't played the Original Final Fantasy, but I've played FF2, FF6 (3? ugh!), FF5 (yuck), FF7 (go Yuffie), FF9, and FF10.
Locke was so cool! I loved his subplot that included the Phoenix summon 'n stuff...speaking of which, what were summones called in that game? I know they turned into Magicite...but thats not what they were. . . argh! accursed brainfart!

Inu_Ranma
Jul 29, 2003, 12:31 AM
Espers!

ssephiroth_da_hunter
Jul 29, 2003, 11:24 PM
Go Final Fantasy!!! Anyone who hates it has neither played or doesnt have any patience to play a good RPG game. I have to admit though...the games werent as fun when FF8 came out.