PDA

View Full Version : Um, like, hi....

Digi-Dolphin
Jul 28, 2003, 08:44 AM
Okay, this will be my first time asking for some help in the site with getting through a game. Basically, I'm trying to get an S-rank weap, but I see you can only get them at the end of challenge mode. So, can anyone help me out by jumping into a c-mode game with me?

If all goes well, I'll be only today at some time around noon central, maybe sooner. Oh yeah, and this is for GC. I appreciate the help!

Raziel_Kai
Jul 28, 2003, 09:16 AM
I'd be happy to help out.
The only thing we need are two more players to begin Cmode.
By the way... what class do you use?
And, have you ever played Cmode before?

Digi-Dolphin
Jul 28, 2003, 09:16 AM
Oh yay! Nope, never played c-mode. I'm a Ranger, Redria.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Digi-Dolphin on 2003-07-28 07:17 ]</font>

Raziel_Kai
Jul 28, 2003, 09:26 AM
We need then one more Hunter and probably a Force.
It's better if we make a balanced team and stick to it till the end.

Let's meet at Deneb 4-1 and we'll probably go from there.
Oh! By the way, try to get the level maps printed from this very site... they sure help a lot.

Digi-Dolphin
Jul 28, 2003, 09:29 AM
All right. I'll get the maps printed out. My ramarl may be able to survive this, I hope. To anyone looking at this thread, please help out! One Hunter and one Force, let's join up and do it! Let's all get an S-rank weapon! Deneb 4-1, sometime between 11 or noon central time (I'm down south in the U.S.)

LoneTrigun
Jul 28, 2003, 10:36 AM
i would love to help but i have a question i know its a stupid question but it doesnt hurt to ask, could a DC user be able to join a game with someone using another system. oh and wat level would u recomend that my chara be to survive the challenge???

Digi-Dolphin
Jul 28, 2003, 10:49 AM
Sorry, but two systems can't interact. Sonic Team set up different servers for each system to prevent things like GC only weapons being moved to DC or Xbox games. I'm not sure what level you should be since in offline mode when I go into challenge mode, my character is reset to level 1.

Digi-Dolphin
Jul 28, 2003, 11:42 AM
Can't anyone help? we're on right now at Denen 4-1 and we're not doing well alone!

Digi-Dolphin
Jul 28, 2003, 01:14 PM
we've moved to vega 10-13, still could use a forcer or hunter though

Raziel_Kai
Jul 28, 2003, 02:28 PM
Come on ppl!
We need a couple of Hunters!
And someone with a little experience please... not item hogs or "guns please!" hunters

Dime
Jul 28, 2003, 02:35 PM
I'll help. I'll bring my hucast.

Digi-Dolphin
Jul 28, 2003, 05:25 PM
Okay, I've quit for the day. Cmode is tougher than it looks. Yeesh. But I'll be glad for the help tomorrow at around 1 pm central time. Raizel will help me out some. If you go as a Hu, I'll bring either my FO or my ranger Dol.

Thanks for the help!

Raziel_Kai
Jul 28, 2003, 07:14 PM
People please. We need serious players for our team.
If you don't know the basics in Cmode fighting then don't bother.
We could use a couple of Hunters, or a Hunters and a Force. Not only should they be ready to listen to advice but also to kindly take orders to make the puzzles easier.
I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm a jerk or something, but today the only two people that joined actually gave our team a bigger headache than we could expect.

-Geshtar-
Jul 28, 2003, 09:30 PM
im a HUmar...I could try and help, ive never played cmode on GC yet , I made it to C5 on the DC but that was eons ago heh...I guess im replying just to offer my help but I would need you guys to help me out as well in the Cmode n.n PM me if u could use me, i would love to give it try!

Joker32
Jul 28, 2003, 09:48 PM
I would love 2 help just give me a time and place i am a hunter on lev.102 the name is MATT:)

Saigan
Jul 28, 2003, 11:13 PM
I'm a FOmar with some c-mode experience. Saigan's the name, I don't check the forums much so PM me for when you'll be on. I'd like an S-Rank as well.

Raziel_Kai
Jul 28, 2003, 11:23 PM
Digi-Dolphin and I would be incredibly thankful if you two would join us.
We're meeting at Deneb 4-1 (it's emptier) at around 11:30am EST.
My character is Raziel Kai (tall black HUcast).

For those who haven't done any Cmode yet, please refer to this handy guide:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=946

It explains a lot of Cmode etiquette and customs.
For example: Hunters are to be expected to go into the front and make two-normal hit combos, back away and repeat. Don't bother with Strong attacks unless the enemy is facing away from you or it is a stationary opponent (such as a Lilly). It's way better if Hunters stick to melee instead of going to the back and take shots with a handgun (not only do they do less damage, it will be tough to kill all enemies before they get to the party).

Also, Androids are welcome as they can see traps and thus, can disarm them.

Force characters are the ones who activate most switches and they are the ones who go for the boxes and items. It is the responsability of the Force to leave stuff on the doorway to the next room so the rest of the party picks it up AFTER the room is cleared.

Items are distributed as follows: FOrces get all Mind, HP and TP Mats and of course, tech disks and Fo weapons.
RAngers get leftover tech disks (techs that the forces already mastered), Trap Visions and Ra weapons. If playing with HUcast and/or HUcaseals, you may give them a Power Mat or two to boost their strength a bit.
HUnters get the better shields, armor, close-range weapons, Pow, Def, Evade and Hit Mats. Android hunters should carry a Handgun beginning C2, so they can walk in front of the group and take traps out.

Oh... and never ever touch a switch without permission to do so... most of the later puzzles are rigged to punish over eager players, so it's better for someone that has experience in the puzzles to do them.

You can read the guide for more info.
See ya then, guys!

Raziel_Kai
Jul 29, 2003, 10:18 AM
Good day everyone!
If there are serious players out there ready for Cmode right now, then come to Deneb 4-1.

rena-ko
Jul 29, 2003, 10:34 AM
^-^
cant you wait until friday?

and what are you doing at deneb? its empty there, noone experienced will ever join there unless its a set date with a full team...

anyway good luck
(i'd like to help out and could throw my cmode hucaseal or any other of my charas in)

Raziel_Kai
Jul 29, 2003, 06:34 PM
We'll probably try for the real deal until Friday then.
In the meantime, we're just working on our combat strategies, to minimize mate waste, and also on learning the puzzles.

rena-ko
Jul 30, 2003, 05:43 AM
i just read the main pages announcement of grunt's c-mode wednesdays.
lets meet up this afternoon (night)...

Digi-Dolphin
Jul 30, 2003, 05:45 PM
Friday's coming fast and I don't even have Dol past C2! Nin's the same level and Tendo probably wouldn't make it, but I could sure use anyone and everyone's help. Raziel, if we try the cmode in one of the other ships, like Vega or Antares, maybe we'll get some additional players too. I'll be online later today after testing my secondary GameCube's online abilities. See ya! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cat.gif

Raziel_Kai
Jul 31, 2003, 12:35 AM
The problem with the other US ships is basically that not many other people want to play Cmode as it should be.

Still, if there are serious gamers out there, reading this thread, please PM Digi-Dolphin or me, so we can set up dates and times so I can teach people basic Cmode strategies, and everyone can learn better teamwork.

If people are interested in getting their hot little grubby hands on one of the SRank weapons, they should be forewarned that only by doing excellent teamwork can they get the necessary times to acquire the weapons.

I for myself just play for the challenge involved, not the weapons or Bu-Ei rank. I just want people to work their team skills and have fun at it.

Hope to see people flocking this Friday night on Deneb 4-1.

Digi-Dolphin
Jul 31, 2003, 08:55 AM
Hey, Raz! I started out this thread in hopes of getting the Srank weapon, but now i like playing Cmode for the fact that is quite a load of fun! And it was kinda cool seeing my little Dol at beginner levels again. Very nostalgic.

Uh, btw, the team i was in last night for cmode 2? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif I don't think i've ever been so frustrated and angry in my whole career of pso! except when Da Ral Lei killed me in one hit, but i accept that now, i didn't have a strat for him at the time.

RAs collect? RAs do no damage? RAs get nothing in cmode to help them except rifles with a dim element? what is up with that? and to say that they are the worst class to be in cmode with, http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif. Okay, so maybe RAs aren't the BEST class but my Dol was designed for versatility! She can do it all up to a point so she's never stuck in a sticky situation and to insult my character after all the work i put into her is like insulting me.

If I sound like i'm taking this too personal, think about this. Wouldn't you get ticked if someone insulted your character of choice and began digging into you about it, calling you names because of it?

What's worse is that they didn't do this to me until after I defended the FO in the group from their inital ribbing. Then they started on me and the FO didn't do a thing to defend me! In fact, he/she threw in some comments too! Is there no honor left in PSO? Was there ever any to begin with? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

I still welcome any and all help in cmode to play and have fun, and maybe reach that rank one day. But if you open your mouth and insult my Dol, believe me. You won't be defended in the game from monsters. And I don't mean the beasts on Ragol....

rena-ko
Aug 1, 2003, 04:45 AM
human rangers don't do any noticable damage - especially in the first few stages. even the android rangers don't do very much more.

then some of the boxes away from the main route are only accessible by rangers - if you say the force should get them, said force will have to waste tp for 3-6 castings. so its better the ranger does the box-job.

rangers in fight... well. in cave-stages rangers can take out lillies by their own. and if they see that a shark comes too near another player they should keep that shark busy. so far you're right.

but i really hate it when rangers think they do a good thing with shooting at nano dragons, keeping them in the air, doing 0-3 damage, while the others are standing around down, would do 20-30 damage if that dragon just could land.
its not that rangers shouldnt shot at nanos, but once these dragons are in heavy attack by one or two hunters, a ranger would just hinder now, due to damage cancel.

in total: you dont really need a ranger in c-mode, but a good one can be very useful.
then you should just by yourself what your possible most helpful action would be. if you're right noone has the right to complain. if you're wrong, learn from it. again, noone has the right to complain.

and... if you're getting insulted badly and wrongly, you could also die on purpose. insulting is not very 'teamplay' and would justify some harsh action like ending the game.

good luck
(and lets have a game again soon)

PumpkinKing
Aug 1, 2003, 10:10 PM
Ill gladly help, I've done offline C-mode before but only made it to C-2(don't got char anymore) My characters are level 89HUmar name Akronotar, and a lvl 21HUcast name Sabin. Give me a time and place and I'll probably be there, my time is central. I'm usually on PSO quite a bit cause my other games are boring cause i beat em. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Raziel_Kai
Aug 2, 2003, 12:25 AM
I'm going to be online tomorrow, saturday, at Deneb 4-1. Around 11am EST and up til 1pm EST.

Anyone interested in really learning the Cmode type of play can show up.
If we get a mix of different classes, it would be better. Please be noted that Digi-Dolphin and I are NOT playing for Time Attack. We're playing the Cmode for the fun of it. There's no need to rush too much or to go snail-like into the stages.
The first thing to do?
Learn the stages and the puzzles.
After the players get accustomed to them, then we can try to get good times.

See ya all around and happy hunting.

Raziel_Kai
Aug 3, 2003, 12:26 AM
People, I won't be able to go online tomorrow.
We'll continue doing more Cmode practice this Monday morning.
If you want, you're more than welcome and go practice by yourselves.

Remember! Practice makes perfect!

Raziel_Kai
Aug 6, 2003, 12:21 AM
We got a really good team now who are practicing with me right now:

Gensy, Marune and En 13 Dol.

Anyone else who wants to join up, give either Digi-Dolphin or me a PM and come tomorrow at 11am EST at Deneb 4-1.
Remember also that Wednesday night is Cmode night. Get practice and get yourselves ready for a Challenge!