PDA

View Full Version : READ THIS: A true story of what not to do when trading.

hoosier5x
Jul 29, 2003, 06:19 PM
This is story of what happens when you show a little trust and think there are honest people that play PSO. Before you go on, I know I made an error in judgement and I asked for what I got.

This is about a trade I was working on in another forum that went bad. The other PSO player, skatemonkey (his character name was KO-TO-GO) told me he had 2 DBs Swords and all the Weapons Badges I needed (yes I know they are hacked). He sends me an Instant Message telling me that he wants weapons with high hit %-to be specific the Red Mechguns, Red Handgun, Red Saber, Yamigarusa, and Kamui. We further agree that he will give me all the items on my list if I give him more high hit % weapons. This is where I should have known better...he tells me that he gets FSOD when he does the trade window and we need to drop the items. I told him my concerns, but in the end I agreed (like an idiot). He then tells me to make sure I drop the 5 items he wants most in the first batch (this made me even more leery, but again I agreed). So we both meet at Cel 5 and commense to drop 15 items a piece. Not being totally sure of what to expect, I drop 15 high hit % items and only one of them being an item he wanted (the Kamui). I go to the pile he dropped and there is nothing I needed - not one item. Sure there were two DBs Swords, but they weren't even the models I requested. He gave me a bunch of Section ID cards, 2 DBs Swords I already had, a plain White Sato which I have, and a King's Vulcan +5 with no percents. So I ask him where the items are I needed. He says they are on another character (he didn't even bring the items he said he had...lol) and he's just giving me those items. He asks how come I didn't drop everything he requested (duh). I then start showing him the items in the trade window to prove I have them. He doesn't show me one item I need, but keeps swearing he has them on his other character and he'll get them as soon as I give him all the items he needs. So I'm like WTF, the only thing I have to lose are the items he's not going to give me. I proceed to drop all the items he requested excluding the Red Saber which I honestly forgot to tranfer over. I tell him to let me go grab it and also tell him that I don't like what's going on. So I get offline to transfer I and he tells me he had the DBs Swords all along and I better hurry back if I want them. I finish tranferring the Red Saber and head back to Cel 5. I enter the room only to run through the pile of the same weapons he just left on the ground that I didn't need to begin with. Just as I get to the pile he picks everything up and say, "I'm out." Okay, now i'm pi$$ed. I commence to berating him on IM about how one person can ruin it for everyone and how I put my trust in him and he just screwed me. Yes-I did leave with 15 items he dropped, and no-I didn't need one of them. He, however, left with 18 weapons with high hit % including four he specifically requested.

Yes I know I'm an idiot and I did what I tell everybody not to do, but I just wanted everyone to know who not to trade with.

DO NOT DROP ITEMS FOR ANY REASON!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoosier5x on 2003-07-30 10:51 ]</font>

Da1
Jul 29, 2003, 06:36 PM
This Guy named Frankie did almost the same exact thing to me a couple of weeks back.

hoosier5x
Jul 29, 2003, 06:42 PM
I guess this is what happens when you just try and show some trust in others. Oh well, at least there are 50 good traders for every jerk like these two.

Da1
Jul 29, 2003, 06:46 PM
yeah i would have been pissed if i didn't have
back ups. by the way i got the flight fan for you

hoosier5x
Jul 29, 2003, 06:56 PM
awesome! i about to get the DBs Sword (AUW 3077) and some weapons badges for you. gonna meet the fella in 15 minutes to trade (he actually seems pretty cool, he offered to replace all the weapons i lost).

Freak74
Jul 29, 2003, 07:46 PM
DUDE that so sux! >=| Are you playing on the GC? I May hav some DB swords you want.

hoosier5x
Jul 29, 2003, 07:55 PM
nope. I'm on XBox, but I do appreciate it anyways.

Sparkoma
Jul 29, 2003, 08:12 PM
ya i did that drop on gc once a long time ago but i got all the items + more i need so not all ppl are ass holes but there are alot more asses on psox and psogc (have both so i know)

smallfry
Jul 29, 2003, 08:40 PM
that's shitty dude...ya i got suckered too one time...the guy wrapped up a mechgun in a xmas present and told me it was god/unit inside...so i traded my god/arm for a lousy mechgun...i was stupid then...but i can take the risks now that i have backups of all my stuff.

smallfry
Jul 29, 2003, 08:41 PM
btw i have a high % flight fan as well

Smile
Jul 29, 2003, 09:42 PM
that _really_ sucks man. it would b funny if he really DID fsod in a trade window.

hoosier5x
Jul 29, 2003, 09:51 PM
yeah...the sad thing is i probably would have just given them to him if he needed them that bad

Hippocanibal
Jul 29, 2003, 11:07 PM
man that sux hard core! i am naive like you, but the people i did it with can be trusted =D.

P.S. Thanks Loyd/Raziel Kai!!!!

TheBigRUnit
Jul 29, 2003, 11:17 PM
Im not even going to get started this has happened to me since day one(literally). They day i came on i played for hours and found a Photon Drop(which was actually GREAT back then). So I realize I NEED WEAPONS so a level 80+ guy comes in to the hard mode game and asks if anyone once to trade(i say ok). He says drop the photon drop and Ill give u an awesome weapon u can use. So i do and then he runs off.

megamanx97
Jul 29, 2003, 11:32 PM
On 2003-07-29 16:19, hoosier5x wrote:
he tells me that he gets FSOD when he does the trade window and we need to drop the items

I then start showing him the items in the trade window to prove I have them. He doesn't show me one item I need, but keeps swearing he has them on his other character

When he kept talking and didn't FSOD that would be the first clue he was trying to trick you

hoosier5x
Jul 29, 2003, 11:58 PM
yeah i know. i told my wife on the way to the trade that i knew i was probably going to get ripped off. she told me not to do it, but the thought of finally completing my list far outweighed the possibity of getting ripped off. i asked for it from the very start. i was just hoping he wasn't going to do the inevitable.

hoosier5x
Jul 30, 2003, 12:40 PM
check this out. skatemonkey just sent me an instant message telling me he'll give me the stuff he was supposed to originally give me if i stop posting about him on the xbox forums. i asked why i should believe him, he's done nothing but lie so far. next thing i know he's warning me over and over again raising my warning level on instant messenger. what a moron. lol

oh and a good representative of clan 187. *rolls eyes*

Smile
Jul 30, 2003, 02:40 PM
rofl keep posting shit about him on xbox forums. you can do wonders with the "block buddy" button. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

hoosier5x
Jul 30, 2003, 02:45 PM
did the block buddy and it looks like i'm not the only person unhappy with this fool. lots of unhappy campers on the xbox forums with this kid.

SaberX
Jul 31, 2003, 09:29 AM
Thats the one problem with that. Only do drop trades offline with people you trust. Thats what i do. That way, you can see what they drop so they dont trick you and you can whack them upside the head a few times if they do trick you. Thats really gotta suck though. But dont lose trust in all the people playing pso. Just dont trust them that much and think of what their motives are if it seems like somethings wierd. other than that, see if you can find some better weapons and have fun. just dont trust people completely till youre sure.

hoosier5x
Jul 31, 2003, 12:57 PM
I hear ya. I just got greedy hoping to finish my list.