PDA

View Full Version : Wait, I figured it Out...

Reenee
Jul 30, 2003, 01:29 AM
Somebody write a letter to the future saying to transport a damn time machine to our era and leave it underground at...NASA.

UltimateEnigma
Jul 30, 2003, 02:06 AM
There can be no such thing as time travel.
Otherwise someone from the future would have traveled back to our past and we would know about it!

Reenee
Jul 30, 2003, 11:53 AM
You didn't read this month's Wired, haven't you?

Asuka_chan
Jul 30, 2003, 05:20 PM
Haven't you read that Dean Koontz book, "Lightning"? Everyone knows you can only travel forward in time, not backwards. ^^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asuka_chan on 2003-07-30 15:21 ]</font>

_J
Jul 30, 2003, 05:29 PM
*shakes head*...idiots.

Reenee
Jul 30, 2003, 05:56 PM
On 2003-07-30 15:20, Asuka_chan wrote:
Haven't you read that Dean Koontz book, "Lightning"? Everyone knows you can only travel forward in time, not backwards. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

*dopeslaps J out of here, for being unimaginative*

Ooooooooo!

Anywho, no, I did not read that book. Family Guy showed the way: Brian the dog ran over a guy, who turned out to be Dean Koontz. So Brian didn't care and ran over him again.

_J
Jul 30, 2003, 06:00 PM
Don't even kid yourself into thinking you people know ANYTHING about time and space. You have just seen the Hollywood movie "Back to the Future", one too many times.

Logical2u
Jul 30, 2003, 06:10 PM
If someone transported a Time Machine to OUR time, wouldn't it affect the time-space continuim and cause our world to be highly changed?

Ness
Jul 30, 2003, 06:31 PM
On 2003-07-30 15:20, Asuka_chan wrote:
Haven't you read that Dean Koontz book, "Lightning"? Everyone knows you can only travel forward in time, not backwards. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

My theory is that you can only travel back as far as the time machince was created. For example, you can't got to the year 2003 in a time machine that was made in 2004.

_J
Jul 30, 2003, 06:45 PM
Okay, I am going to bless you all with some of my thoughts. If you are at point X in time, and point X in space, it will take you Y amount of time to travel Y amount of distance to reach point Z in time, and point Z in space. Even when you are standing still, you are never going to be in the same space - because the space you are in will forever be at a different point in time. Thus, in this way time and space are undeniably connected. I will leave that notion there, for now.

Now, to travel back in space (or forward to the place where you are returning to at a different time, but let's call it travelling back in space for conversation's sake...or this could get very confusing, very quickly), you simply, say, walk back to point X from point Z. And you are back in point X in space, but in a different time. Thus, to travel 'back' (even though it's forward...to the past) in time, you have to logically do the inverse of travelling forward in time. It is simple enough to return to the same point in space (at a different time) - but doing the inverse of travelling through time to move back (or forward) to a previous point in time (which may result in the converse of travelling back in space, in other words you go back to a previous time but you are infact in a different point in space) is seemingly impossible. The way in which humans concive time and space in the now is simply too linear. I am not sure how to put it into words exactly, but I feel I know that time and space are infact ultimatly the same thing - but the way humans have thought of them for so long makes it hard to even concive them being one. I, for one, would rather not know how to travel inversely through time/space. I accept this is where I exist in time and space, and all I would wish is to live on to infinity with time/space.

Ahhhh....that's off the top of my head. I am not sure where I placed the version of my thoughts I have 'put into writing'. Needles to say, I wouldn't want someone STEALING it. : )

Dime
Jul 30, 2003, 07:08 PM
OMG LOl<sam,edsZ RENE U N00B

PWN3d

s.TiNgEr
Jul 30, 2003, 07:19 PM

I hate time travel....

_J
Jul 30, 2003, 07:32 PM
*dopeslaps J out of here, for being unimaginative*

Gee, you really have me pegged Reenee. Your mind is as sharp as a kinfe blade. Ouch.....*snicker*

Dime
Jul 30, 2003, 07:35 PM
*snicker*

MasterJoel
Jul 31, 2003, 02:28 AM
time travel (to the past) goes against the laws of physics, hawking's arrow of time. yeah. and i really hope dean koontz gets run over, because i don't like his books... of course, half the people feel the same way i do, and the other half of people who have read him absolutely adore his books... go fig!

Trickstr
Jul 31, 2003, 04:35 AM
baby your double accounts are obvious keep it down, time travelling could result in being trapped in something, such as rock or another person, and it is my belief that time travelling would be impossible to reverse, J, you are an idiot a stupid ignorant stray child, your just making up crap and feeding it to these people, nobody believes you, go cry nobody cares.

_J
Jul 31, 2003, 08:50 AM
baby your double accounts are obvious keep it down, time travelling could result in being trapped in something, such as rock or another person, and it is my belief that time travelling would be impossible to reverse, J, you are an idiot a stupid ignorant stray child, your just making up crap and feeding it to these people, nobody believes you, go cry nobody cares.

*snicker*...Jealousy suits you. : )

Ness
Jul 31, 2003, 09:16 AM
On 2003-07-31 02:35, Trickstr wrote:

JEalous of the fact that you can't come up with relevant thories like _J and I?

_J
Jul 31, 2003, 09:17 AM
Don't spoilt it Ness. It suits him, seriously. : ) *hehehehe* Keep it coming Trickster.

Ness
Jul 31, 2003, 09:34 AM