PDA

View Full Version : PSO BOARDS ARE BEING TAKEN DOWNguess by who

Cube
Mar 21, 2001, 08:25 PM
Thats right. If these people get their way, Trading will be ALOT harder.

Some Pso World viewers who Dont Trade, Dont care about Traders, and are AGAINST trading are trying to take this board downb because of bandwith issues. My question is, If bandwith issues are so bad, why take down the 2nd most popular board. Well apparently PSO world is on a 'quest to end duping'.

Most of us are against duping, some traders dupe some dont. And because of the small few who dupe Ambrai and the other moderators are considering taking down these baords. WE CAN NOT STAND FOR THIS.

The people that are taking these boards down are the people who dont trade, and think by taking down these boards that Duping will stop. What I have been trying to get through their thick heads is that ONLY SEGA can end duping. We cant do anyhting about it. Dupers can stop duping but the chances of that happeneing are minimul.

I WILL NOT LET THEM TAKE US DOWN. I have single handedly prevented them from amediatley taking down the boards. Now Ambrai (who is obviously for taking down the boards) is holding a VOTE to see if the baords should go down. Well, currently its in a dead heat tied 5-5. But without your help it wont be in our favor in the end.

If you want a Safe, reliable, and easy place to set up a trade then I suggest you vote NO on the abolishmnet of the trade boards.

Do you want to trade with strangers online and run the HIGH risk of being stolen from? The card swapping idea is apprently unaffective since theives could care less if you track them down.

Apparently Raganark made the decision to keep the boards up, but i believe that ambrai (i may be wrong) thinks otherwise and made the decison to hold a vote.

Now remember, PEOPLE WHO DONT TRADE< AND ARE AGAINST TRADING, are voting YES to abolish OUR board. THEY dont even go to this board. They have NO Business voting in a matter that has no affect towards them. They are only thinking about themselves. DONT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH THIS.

VOTE NO NOW.
Here is a simple short list of some of the pointers that i would like to get across.

- Traders will flood the general board to make trades. The moderators will try to take all the posts down, but give it time, and they wont be able to take it.

-Traders will have No were to set up trades, meaning you run the risk of being cheated, and stolen from.

- Newbies will be lucky to make ANY fare trades online when trying to get on their feet with new weapons.

- People like me and other strong traders will revolt, and make the General Boards hell for those stuck up selfish people trying to take us down.

- THEY do not care about you who are the traders AT ALL. They dont trade so they could care less about what happens to the board.

Good luck and vote no. I can only hold them off for so long. Now i need your help.

RawRebel
Mar 21, 2001, 09:22 PM
Preach it brother!!!!!!

Finn
Mar 21, 2001, 10:10 PM
I am going to try and be polite about this.

In my opinion, Ambrai might not be the world's brightest individual. I am sure she?s a really nice girl (or guy) in real life. I mean that.
"Abolishment" of the trading forums! LOL not abolition, "Abolishment" *sigh*.

I have noticed she is really into making petitions for no apparent reason, so we should petition to keep this board.

Am I just attacking Ambrai? No. I was just AIMed by someone who wants to trade for my Grants 11 (Which I found myself). I could not have done this without this forum.

Trading is a legitimate facet of PSO and should be supported by this awesome website. Wouldn't you think that the role of a forum moderator would be to take an objective view of the situation? I guess not.

Ambrai: If you want to make other peoples lives a misery, consider becoming a Mormon, or maybe a cop. But please let us keep our forum! Cheers love!

Finn
Mar 21, 2001, 10:11 PM
I am going to try and be polite about this.

In my opinion, Ambrai might not be the world's brightest individual. I am sure she?s a really nice girl (or guy) in real life. I mean that.
"Abolishment" of the trading forums! LOL not abolition, "Abolishment" *sigh*.

I have noticed she is really into making petitions for no apparent reason, so we should petition to keep this board.

Am I just attacking Ambrai? No. I was just AIMed by someone who wants to trade for my Grants 11 (Which I found myself). I could not have done this without this forum.

Trading is a legitimate facet of PSO and should be supported by this awesome website. Wouldn't you think that the role of a forum moderator would be to take an objective view of the situation? I guess not.

Ambrai: If you want to make other peoples lives a misery, consider becoming a Mormon, or maybe a cop. But please let us keep our forum! Cheers love!

WhoUWorship
Mar 21, 2001, 10:57 PM
This is the dumbest thing ive ever heard(well almos) they think taking down these boards will help the pso community and pso word i laugh at that its just gonna hurt the comunity and pso world. I mean if they ban these boards(asuming we dont revolt,etc.)everyone should just go to the gamefaqs boards which in the end you will have alot of pissed off dupers screwing up the comunity on a duping rampage and almost half of the pso world users use this board which means pso world isnt such a popular place.

another thing this goes out to the people
running the site
you need donations to keep the site open you take down the trading forums and you just f*** yourselves you lose about 40% of the possible donaters so id think twice.

Cube
Mar 22, 2001, 01:33 AM
"Trading is a legitimate facet of PSO and should be supported by this awesome website. Wouldn't you think that the role of a forum moderator would be to take an objective view of the situation? I guess not. " well put...simply beutifull.

Right now we are LOSING in the 'booth'. So far it looks like they will be banning our forums for good. COME ON GUYS, GET UP, USE THAT MOUSE, CLIK ON THAT TOPIC, and TYPE NO.

Dont be Lazy everyone, If your reading this YOU are going to be affected because this forum that i am typing on RIGHT NOW will be gone. This will all be a distant memory. I know PSO world is the Slowest site in the WORLD, but as long as We keep this forum, all of us traders will be happy. NOW VOTE!!! ITS IN THE GENERAL BOARDS, SO FLOOD IT!

zanza
Mar 25, 2001, 09:21 AM
I'M VOTING "NO". WHY?
I TRADE. I ACTUALLY MEET RELIABLE PEOPLE THROUGH TRADING.
THINK ABOUT IT. WOULD YOU JUST STEAL FROM THE GUY THAT GAVE YOU AN EGGBLASTER !? WOULD HE TRY TO STEAL FROM YOU AFTER YOU'VE MADE YOUR JOKES/ REMARKS ON STUPID THINGS THAT YOU BOTH AGREE UPON?
NAW!!! DIDNT THINK SO! A TRADE WITH GREAT RESULTS CAN BENEFIT YOU IN YOUR GAMING TOO! YOU'VE JUST MADE A TRADE BUILT UPON TRUST! I SAY THAT PERSON IS NOW WORTHY TO KICK SOME ASS WITH YOU!
DON'T YOU THINK SO??? I'VE BEEN BURNED BY DUPED TRADES BEFORE AS WELL AS THIEVES POSING AS TRADERS. BUT THAT HASN'T STOPPED ME FROM TRADING!
I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY SOME PEOPLE WOULD WANT TO STOP THIS BOARD.
BUT PLEASE DON'T.
THERE ARE ALOT OF US WHO RELY ON BOARDS LIKE THIS TO DO "SAFE" TRADING.
I FOR ONE AM NEW TO THIS BOARD,
BUT FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN I'M GLAD I FOUND IT. =)

bretonstyle16
Mar 25, 2001, 05:13 PM
Ok, so I've never traded on these boards, mainly cause all I have are a couple okay items that I use. But still, if I were to find, say, a Stag Cutlery, which I can't use because my character is a HUnewearl, I would post it up for trade here first for sure. I would know that most of the items here are legit and not duped, so that I could get a reasonable trade for the Stag. Without these boards that possibility would be no more. If you are going to remove boards due to bandwidth issues, remove another board, not this one.