PDA

View Full Version : The End of Unpassworded Games...

Boris
Mar 21, 2001, 09:41 PM
Ok I?m pissed off! Let me take a few deep breaths and relax? Now let me explain. I headed out to Puck 9 (My Fav), started a new game, a few good people join up and we commence to clear out Forest. About Mid-Forest a dick by the name of Squall joins in, he goes off and does his own thing. We get to the Dragon Teleporter and Squall?s true intentions were reveled. He had wall hacked his way to the Teleporter, leaving us with no Dragon to fight. He bragged about how he was doing us a favor and his great super powers (Hacked God/Battle). ?I never die?, he says?completely blinded by his own stupidity. The funny thing is that I rarely die and have no need for a Hacked God/Battle.
Having this Jackass in the game is a complete bummer, so I go elsewhere.

?Let?s try again?, I say?I go into another room, as a few of us wait outside the Dragon Teleporter another Bozo joins in?I pipe him over to us and he PKs our asses, Shit! Can one not have a decent game without password coding it?

Cruzn15
Mar 21, 2001, 09:55 PM
On 2001-03-21 18:41, Boris wrote:
Ok I?m pissed off! Let me take a few deep breaths and relax? Now let me explain. I headed out to Puck 9 (My Fav), started a new game, a few good people join up and we commence to clear out Forest. About Mid-Forest a dick by the name of Squall joins in, he goes off and does his own thing. We get to the Dragon Teleporter and Squall?s true intentions were reveled. He had wall hacked his way to the Teleporter, leaving us with no Dragon to fight. He bragged about how he was doing us a favor and his great super powers (Hacked God/Battle). ?I never die?, he says?completely blinded by his own stupidity. The funny thing is that I rarely die and have no need for a Hacked God/Battle.
Having this Jackass in the game is a complete bummer, so I go elsewhere.

?Let?s try again?, I say?I go into another room, as a few of us wait outside the Dragon Teleporter another Bozo joins in?I pipe him over to us and he PKs our asses, Shit! Can one not have a decent game without password coding it?
[addsig]

This may sound stupid but, "PK?"

Boris
Mar 21, 2001, 10:56 PM
PK=People Killers

ragnarok
Mar 21, 2001, 11:53 PM
Or "player kill", It is getting very hard to play a decent game without some lamer coming in and spoiling the fun for the rest of the players. I agree with you on this boris. PK and all is really getting out of hand. I do hope though that when the pso ver2 comes out we can have a decent and legitimate trade system, no cheaters, and a secure enviornment.

Glider
Mar 22, 2001, 12:51 AM
Are you sure someone in your group didn't invite them?

Red
Mar 22, 2001, 01:00 AM
You can PK now???

Cheech
Mar 22, 2001, 01:02 AM
I understand whatcha mean Boris. I usually always go to Puck 9. But I know most of the people on this board enough to get a game going. I usually only play private games though because there aren't enough legit honest people that I know on at once. It's not so bad anyway. Having 4 level 80-100 people on a team is major overkill.

Cube
Mar 22, 2001, 01:59 AM
Odd. I have nevr once been Pk'd, insulted, or TRULY pissed off by a rude player. I can always play in unlocked games without a problem. In fact ive met a lot of nice honest people in unlocked games and havent once feared joining an unlocked game. Is it Just me or do you guys always run into trouble. After all this comotiona bout not trsuting anyone, and being afraid to join an unlocked game i begin to wonder, what kind of PSO are you playing! I have never had the troubles you guys seem to run into... Thats to bad though because if it is ruining your experice that can never be good. im truly sorry. Maybe im just lucky.

Hey, If you veer want to play with a nice guy and some evcen nicer and more generous friends of mine, PM me and we can play sometime? I need to make new PSO frineds n e wayz, all my old 'crew' decided to find interests in other games.

Excalibur
Mar 22, 2001, 04:54 AM
Hi all

As Cube, I had never these problemes.. I joind a lote of unlocked games and I had a lot of fun with them..

I was never PK'ed. Ok.. I had thieves twice.. but since them, I only wear 'cheap' weapons when I go online to kick some butts..

Excalibur stands for trust, partnership and everytime a real good game...
meet me to have some fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

greetings from switzerland
Excalibur

Danger_Girl
Mar 22, 2001, 05:12 AM
Saddly your right. I used to ALWAYS play in public games. Half the joy was meeting new people. But alas, the cheaters will be cheaters. The only solution is private games. I havent played in a public game for over a week now. I miss it, but its the toll that must be payedhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif. Perhaps I'll play in a public game again and just equip something worthless to me. I guess thats nothing new.

*sigh* I remember the good old days when all you had to worry about was thieves.

skinee
Mar 22, 2001, 05:17 AM
ive met so many cool people from playin pso evertime i go online i usually get a mial within about 5 mins. So i dont really play in public games aymore, unless i make it just for fun. Thats the nice thing about bein a high level you have a lot slimmer chance of dying, so i get to have mire fun in the public games http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Sheogorath
Mar 22, 2001, 05:47 AM
Thats very true Skinee. I myself have given up unlocked games as of a week ago. Now, granted, I never had problems either (I was never even stolen from) but I did have a lot of immature people enter my games, and they would spend all their time bragging about this or that, and trying to make up for their horrible real-life persona by acting as if their in-game one was a god I had to worship. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

But I digress. I have 12 pages of guild cards, and have to actually turn down people when I go online, so I figure, I don't need the unlocked games anymore.

The best place to meet people isnt through unlocked games, its through boards like this, thats for sure.

Danger_Girl
Mar 22, 2001, 05:56 AM
Woooow!!!! Sheo you just made a really great point. Now that I think of it 99% of my closest gaming buds I all met here first. Then I would just happen to spot them in the lobby and do the card swap thing. Your right! There really isn't any need to play public games any more http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif.

Lysan if you see this reply, can you recall how we met? It seems to me you joined one of my public games and mentioned you were from PSOWorld. I can remember meeting Spy on the puck lobby. And of coarse I just reciently met you Sheo in a picture taking game with Bish. But the point remains the same. I knew all of you, with the exception of Lysan, long before I ever actually gamed with youhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif.

Rei
Mar 22, 2001, 06:00 AM
I got PK'ed tonight. The PK just kept saying "I'm the god". It really spoiled my mood. Then I spent the rest of tonight watching DVD......

Spy
Mar 22, 2001, 06:02 AM
DVD... Any DVD sounds better than what I'm watching right now, DBZ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

Rei
Mar 22, 2001, 06:13 AM
I was watching Star Wars Phantom Menace.
Also, I do have lots of anime which I didn't have time to watch....

VampireLR
Mar 22, 2001, 06:15 AM
I actually deleted people from my Guild Card list. People I don't even look up or e-mail. My 12 page guild card list was reduced to 3 pages. I still play public games though and equip basic weapon. I usually join Normal or Hard being I don't need to level up anymore. Just today I met a new friend and very much a green newbie named Melinda. I offered to help her level a few and showed her the dragon for the first time. It was quite fun. She smacked the enemies around with a cane while I blocked them being ahead of her. It was funny.

Sheogorath
Mar 22, 2001, 06:21 AM
I would have had a 2nd 100 level character by now had I not been so addicted to helping newbies level. MY friend Bferul78 (Who recently registered here at PSO world at my urging) can atest to that. I helped him get from the single digits all the way to level 56, and he's still going strong.

Maybe its the fact that they think im powerful, or maybe I just like helping people. Either way, its fun helping people like that.

Unfortunately, I never go looking for people to help anymore, all I need is some dope uses a level 12 character just to fool people, and then BAM...LSOD & corrupted save file from a Resta PK.

Spy
Mar 22, 2001, 06:24 AM
I wish I could force myself to use my lvl 100 prowess for the forces of evil... maybe become an agent of Falz, or even his replacement.

Danger_Girl
Mar 22, 2001, 06:29 AM
Spy.....I noticed the line "I think it's time I rode off into the sunset."

I know you might be serious.

Don't leave me Spyhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif. *Danger Girl starts to cry*

Spy
Mar 22, 2001, 06:33 AM
Heh, it's not you, this place is just really boring lately, and it reeks of corruption http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif I'm really ticked about that whole staff duping thing, and that they won't even talk about it openly.

Danger_Girl
Mar 22, 2001, 06:40 AM
But Spy....if you leave, who will hold their feet to the fire. I'm not strong enough to do it. I'm nothing without you Spy. God how I miss our games together. It would be so fun with you, Lyasn, and myself.

Now I'm getting depressed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif.

Spy
Mar 22, 2001, 06:43 AM
Eh, you undervalue yourself as much as you overvalue me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Marlboro
Mar 22, 2001, 07:26 AM
My advice on this issue is this.

Remember you don't always need the super weapons to kill stuff so just take a decent if mnot spectacular weapon to use. Also I'd suggest playing an hour maybe two at the most to advoid burnout. It also helps when you play late at night because the twelve year olds are asleep.

Hopefully the PK, Duping, and Theiving will be solved in v2. Though the duping and PKing will work for me.

wyatt
Mar 22, 2001, 07:59 AM
I used to really like helping newbies, particuallarly forces becasue it can be so hard. I would join a team with the name "Newbies Need Help" or some such, but now half the time someone else comes in asking me if I want to trade or just to show of duped weapons to the newbies. I guess because they know that anyone over 50 hours is aware that they are a cheater and isn't impressed. They have to get to the newbies quick to get all they can out of bragging.

SaitoH
Mar 22, 2001, 11:42 AM
*Sigh*

Last night I went to puck 9, there were no open games. Undeterred I decided to make a game of my own "psoworldsaitoh". Sure enough, after a couple of minutes, some people joined up. Yay! time for some dragon killin'. The one player (who i'm not gonna name, because thats what he/she wants). I'll call he/she X.

X says, "are you from pso world?"

I respond with, "Well I post on the board ???"
At which point I unequip my trusty frying pan.

X says, "Oh, putting the pan away eh"
Then proceeds to drop a bunch of weapons on the ground. Which I decide to not go near.

Neko(the other player that joined), comes through the tp. We then proceed to the next area.

Then X says, "I'd heal you guys but you probably wouldn't like it"

I respond with, "Your one of those PK losers"

To which X responds with, "I'm not a loser.....but I do PK"

And kills us both Neko and I. X revives us then says, "I don't steal though" (like that makes it ok)

Afterwards Neko and I leave and X rants on about being god, blah blah blah. Also says to tell everyone about him.

Afterwards I hook up with some non-Pso world
friends and play in a passworded game. THIS REALLY SUCKS because I joined the board in the hopes to meet some cool new people to play PSO with. I really enjoy getting to know new players while playing. Its what keeps the game interesting to me. Anyone can kill stuff in the game but can you kill something while trying to type a witty remark? I can't but i try http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif
So I guess I'll be lucky if I get a chance to play with any of you guys. *sigh*

I really hope sega finds a way to stop this CRAP!

Boris
Mar 22, 2001, 04:24 PM
In the past week this whole situation has been getting worse and worse. When you log on you will notice far less Unpassworded Games. People have been given to much power, which is being used irresponsibly (via Wall Hacking and Codes). I personally enjoyed going into unpassworded games just for the thrill of meeting new people. Most of my Guild Cards have come from unpassworded games. It?s just a complete shame that players are being forced into their secluded games; ruining the very essence that makes this game great? It would be my honor to meet and play with some of the great people here on PSOWORLD?

Name: Maya
Class: HUnewearl
Section ID: Skyly
Level: 100 (360 Hours Total)

P.S. If you see me around please say Hi?

Boris
Mar 22, 2001, 04:35 PM
Just by the attention that this post has been receiving, gives me the might to carry on. It?s great to know that some people still have a great sense of dignity and respect for others?*teary eyed*. True Gamers UNITE!

Aravis
Mar 23, 2001, 12:55 PM
I've read all your posts (sorry, I usually just lurk, I never feel I have anything dreadfully interesting to say), and I know what you mean and I feel your pain.

What if we set up a safe haven place and time for us to get together onlikne? Like the PSO World party, but on a much smaller scale. Just shooting off the cuff, something like Umbriel, block 6, room 6 to start with... team names start with the word safe or end in haven or something like that.

If there are problems with random people joining these open games and being uber-jerks, then we can just move it to another server or think of something. What PSO really needs is the /boot or /kick command for people who create the room. But you can't have everything... *sigh*

Does that sound like a good idea?

Boris
Mar 23, 2001, 03:50 PM
Aravis,

I believe you have a great suggestion. The implementation of a boot/eject/kick option for the games you started is a great idea. That would also be a great Topic to post?Think about it?

zanza
Mar 24, 2001, 07:28 AM
Whoa! PK"D? You mean you actually died!?!
I've never encountered this problem.
But I do get your point about unlocked games.
I haven't been playing them for awhile too.
It's only if i'm desperate for a partner now.
I rarley even play in the U.S. servers.
Why? Hackers suck! I hate it everytime they
have to show-off their "godlike-wannabe" powers! And that goes for bigheaded
high levels also! I'm at lvl80 now and kicking
ass. I'm proud of the fact that he's all legit. The same goes with all my items. I had to discard all my inventory to make sure that i was safe from dupes.
(Followed by tears and a moment of silence..."sniff"..)
Now thats something I would want to be proud of! Yet be modest about.
You're a hacker? Cool, do your thing. Just don't start showing it to the rest of us! It's just irritating.(example=Hey check out my gamesharked lvl100 character with all hacked items and dupes with only 2mins game time! Cool huh?) ...wow....impressive...."sigh"...
........"sigh".....(headache)....
I understand there are people out there who get a kick out of pissing people off. My advice? Let that jerk know he's being one, then split with the other people you were cool with in that server.
Don't let the jerk think you'll be an idiot and put up with his shit.

Dyne
Mar 25, 2001, 07:23 PM
This is especially sad for me and all the other newbies out there who can't meet trustworthy players to play in those private games with. I rarely get online, but when i do i like to have fun. That's hard with 6 guild cards.

SaitoH
Mar 25, 2001, 08:07 PM
Hey Dyne, if you ever need help, private message or icq me and i'll give you a hand.

I work for cheap......that is......ummmm for free! YAY! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

Rio
Mar 25, 2001, 09:05 PM
<blockquote>
Hmmm.. an eject/ban option would certainly be nice for a team leader. I can think of several times that I've run across players on games I play that I'd love to give a great big kick in the arse to.

Whipping out their mad haxor skillz and showing off how big they can cheat. Two lv 40 players bristling every ultra-rare weapon in the game. Feh, what a crock.
</blockquote>