PDA

View Full Version : Worse typ of FO is...?

Iceiol
Aug 2, 2003, 02:57 PM
Im just wondering out there what you think is the worse kind of Force.
So i though i would find out by doing this poll http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

I think the worse one is the one who doesen't heal or revive you. (Forgot to add Reverser but it's in same category as Resta...)

Edit:Added what i though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Iceiol on 2003-08-02 12:58 ]</font>

NemisisNeil
Aug 2, 2003, 03:03 PM
resta you are supposed to be able to do yourself unless you are and android then it can be helpful but by picking a droid you took the responsiblility of using mates to heal, jellen and zalure is helpful but it isnt the most nesesary thing, shifta and deband would be mine because it helps you out and you can do things by yourself where normally you wouldnt be able to

thats just my opinion though

SolRiver
Aug 2, 2003, 03:27 PM
Did you know that jellen and zalure is more effective on enemy than shifa and deband to yourself? on ultimate mode that is...

I think combine of choice A and C is the worst
edit:
Actually a player with bad attitude is worst of all

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2003-08-02 13:28 ]</font>

tiltnkirby26
Aug 2, 2003, 03:29 PM
The worst kind of force is the one that doesn't know what spells are.

Iceiol
Aug 2, 2003, 03:31 PM
You mean Jellan/Zalure and Resta/Reverser i assume`?
I agree on that Jellan/Zalure is MUCH better then Shifta/Deband on Ultimate since its more usefull...

Sham
Aug 2, 2003, 03:45 PM
The one that doesn't cast Jellen/Zalure. Of my three characters in ultimate mode, only one is a non-force; RAmar, so I don't care as much about Shifta/Deband as I would Jellen/Zalure. What gets me is the idiot forces who do things like only cast Jellen on Indi Belras, and then go crazy with Razonde. Why waste TP on attack techs when you could Zalure the bastard and allow me to kill it in one combo instead of two, which is a lot faster than 20 razonde's. Oh, that's right, about 85% of PSO forces are selfish dumbasses who need to go back to using some other character/class.

Iceiol
Aug 2, 2003, 03:52 PM
I can agree that many are "dumb" and does things like that but i doubt that it is 80% that is like that.
I agree with that many aint the best but many are good.

_Sinue_
Aug 2, 2003, 03:59 PM
I would choose option E. All of the Above.

ObiWanShinobi
Aug 2, 2003, 04:29 PM
The things is as A FO myself I look at the party im with to depend on what type of supports Ill be using S&D is never the issue if anything I wont cast Jellen if the party is 140+ becuase sometimes the issue is playing with to strong of people and you dont have the time to even cast it if you wanted to. So as I like to be a good force I'm also thinking the same thing you are ...i too want exp

_Sinue_
Aug 2, 2003, 04:36 PM
You are getting EXP as well.. moreso than the HUnters and RAngers because while they tend to focus on one or one group of enemies at a time.. your J/Z hits everything that's currently spawned at high levels. So while you may not get the Kill Bonus, you're making up for it by leeching off of everything rather than just what's in front of you.

I understand what you're saying though, because of way I play my FOnewearl (Melee) J/Z isn't a option - it's a requirement. By the time I get done casting those two spells in a room full of high level characters.. everything is already dead and I don't get a chance to really tear into my foes.

*Sigh* Oh well...

ObiWanShinobi
Aug 2, 2003, 04:43 PM
Yeh I got ya too But what I meant was I cast Zalure then worry about resta/anti or what not ,,,Jellen isnt really needed unless 1 of 2 things...your in mines/ruins/cca/cbed and or your not casting enough resta

_Sinue_
Aug 2, 2003, 04:54 PM
I think Jellen is always necessary. The combination of high level J/Z and S/D make a party nearly invulnerable to all but the strongest monsters and beam attacks. This allows me to conserve my Resta, because if I'm stuck babysitting people by casting Resta all the time.. then I'd never get a chance to play my FOnewearl the way I had originally intended... which is really a drag. Of course, I pay special attention to the Android characters in my party.. but healing should be everyone's responsibility. Sega didn't leave Resta in every tech using class's spell list so it can gather dust ya know. Same with Anti.

Just because I play a Support/Melee role, rather than a nuker, doesn't mean the full responsibility of support should rest on my shoulders. That's part of what Team-Play is about. I make sure that the characters don't have to cast Resta too much.. they surely can help out a bit with the Resta that DOES need to be cast.

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 2, 2003, 05:10 PM
i hate fo that see u in trouble and dont help. your in 1/4 health and they cant care less.

Iceiol
Aug 2, 2003, 06:07 PM
Im also a FO (as you might seen on my sign http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ). I try to keep it all running and keep all healed and alive.
But not always i will accomplish that so i think Resta and Reverser is the best still i rather be alive then dead and have (had) Deband/Shifta on me.
Jellan is also one of my favorites since it reduces the enemys ATP so much that makes Deband seem like nada to help getting hit for less HP.
All of the techs are neccessary but ask you're self this, either they do small dmg or you get revived when dead, wich would you rather have?

Para
Aug 2, 2003, 08:02 PM
a FO that wont cast resta for an android player who expects the FO to cast resta is pretty damn annoying.

SolRiver
Aug 2, 2003, 09:02 PM
Oh btw, a force that cast jellen on gal gryphon with HUcast or RAcast these kind of high hp character in your team = partner killers

That mega jellen stomp combo is so powerful... Need to dodge on to the ground to survive it =P

Kanore
Aug 2, 2003, 09:29 PM
I'd say all of the above, but as I play with Kalles, I hate no Resta more than no SD or JZ. I don't ask for Resta as much, because you other damn Forces seem to not like it (I like it when people ask when i'm Kanore for some reason).

After all, the non-Forces have enough power not to exactly always need SDJZ, although they are required, but if they die, what's going to be the use of SDJZ?

Wufei
Aug 2, 2003, 10:34 PM
I have yet to meet a decent force while playing with my recently-made level 50 RAcast. I have a FOnewm, which is the worst force for supportive roles (only attack bonuses, nothing like increased support range). Yet I still make sure everyone on the team always has Shifta and Deband, and that every monster has Jellen and Zalure on it. After casting Jellen and Zalure on monsters, I proceed to attack the monsters with Rafoie or whatever they're weak against.

Almost every force that I've met, however, seems to think that Shifta, Deband, Jellen, Zalure and even Resta are wastes of their TP. "I'm a FOmar, I don't need to support people, because I can make sad attempts at melee fighting while casting level 30 Megid and Rafoie" seems to be the general attitude.

Monomate
Aug 2, 2003, 10:41 PM
oooh oooh!!! the stupid kind!!!

whaddo i win?

Ranger_Larry
Aug 2, 2003, 11:42 PM
On 2003-08-02 20:34, Wufei wrote:
I have yet to meet a decent force while playing with my recently-made level 50 RAcast. I have a FOnewm, which is the worst force for supportive roles (only attack bonuses, nothing like increased support range). Yet I still make sure everyone on the team always has Shifta and Deband, and that every monster has Jellen and Zalure on it. After casting Jellen and Zalure on monsters, I proceed to attack the monsters with Rafoie or whatever they're weak against.

Almost every force that I've met, however, seems to think that Shifta, Deband, Jellen, Zalure and even Resta are wastes of their TP. "I'm a FOmar, I don't need to support people, because I can make sad attempts at melee fighting while casting level 30 Megid and Rafoie" seems to be the general attitude.

I play just like you do with my FOnewm. After hundreds of hours playing a RAmar it wasn't hard to figure out how to play as a force. Resta/shifta/deband/jellen/zalure then a few attack techs if necessary. (to soften up enemies on a weak team and....just to have some fun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif )

tinykutz
Aug 3, 2003, 12:01 AM
sure i may sound conceited. but im a great fo.

jellen zalure shifta deband resta anti. im on top of it. cept when im answering mail. then im a crappy fo.

then my party might start dropping like flies because im busy answering mail instead of restaing them. sometimes i tell them i have mail...

but yeah, i play my fo like i would want a fo to be played if i was the other party members.

im all about support. if i have time ill throw in some attack techs.

but on the other hand, have you ever rewarded the fo?

in game i always try and drop 2 trifluids every other room or so. or maybe some difluids. its a small gesture thats greatly appreciated. people are always amazed when i do that and its really just a thoughtful gesture. and of course ive had to yell at the non fos for picking up the fluids. but people usually get with the program.

i say be kind to the fo in your party.

_Sinue_
Aug 3, 2003, 12:07 AM
Dropping Tri and Di fluids for FO's in the games I usually play is a waste of time. Generally, the FO is of the poor variety who doesn't deserve to handed fluids because all he'll do with them is waste em spamming RAfoie on a room of fire resistant monsters. Those FO's who do deserve it.. usually never get the chance to pick em up before a HUmar with a BKB comes swooping in and snatches them up "LoLing". = /

Ninpo_Tamashii
Aug 3, 2003, 02:18 AM
Wow...i don't know how long its been since i've been here...a long long time.., I think i'm going to come back online again just becuase of something i heard about with Fatal FSDO being avoidable by holding reset and starting it back from the begenning again. It turns it into a regular FSDO. I think that's grounds enough for me to return...heh.., But anyways, This topic was something i was a bit sensitive on at the start of this game when it came out. Which was the whole rhole of a force issue. Frankly I'm a FOmar, and yes I melee, I melee good.., and i also take care of the team. It isn't hard to keep the party with S&D and monsters Z&J along with keeping Resta on people and Reverser when they kick the bucket. If you can maintain those things, why on earth should anybody complain. If you can't do those and are a force no matter what type of Force you are, you shoudln't be one. Its honestly as simple as that, even if you are a FOnewman, you have mad range with the basics, who cares if your resta doesn't have uber range increase like FOnewearl or FOmarl, just move the happy feet closer, cast Resta which takes a fraction of a second, and go back to Nuking, its That easy. I hope FOmars haven't gone to hell while I was gone in not knowing how to freakin' play a Tanking force, Maybe that's why the harsh opinon was seen about FOmars..-sighs- Oh well.., anyways that's mah 10 cents

Iceiol
Aug 3, 2003, 02:31 AM
I have encord with these so calld Forces who doesent Resta or even cast Reverser (wich is worse).
Im a Force i keep everyone alive at the same time to keep their ATP and DFP high with Deband and Shifta.
But i get kinda sad to see someone else playing a Force bad like when i play my andriod hunter, im not a biljonair on him i cant afford to have Dimates/Trimates at all times.
So i relie abit on the Force to keep my HP up, rather do have full HP then S&D running.

rnsee
Aug 8, 2003, 09:09 AM
all i hear is people bagging out the forces. i have played a force (back in the dc days) and the worst were the players running off 4 rooms ahead, die, and expect you to find there dead corpse on the ground to reverser them. but no thats not the worst bit. what gets to me is they expect the force to tag along like a mag. while your in the same room you got to first kill off the enemies that killed your "master" just so you dont end up dead yourself. and while your doin this (just to revive him) he is complaining and whining to hurry up. oh and just when u finish reviving him theres another person asking for you 5 rooms away cause they also died. what am i? ill help you if your in the same room with me and we're fighting the enemies together. you can expect everything a force can do from me. but to have to go running to every beck and call. go hire a butler.

you know what else. forces at low levels havent got that high of support techs...can barely support their fluid addiction...low tp...and when your in a game everyone expects from you what a level 100 plus force can do. i remember i barely had the meseta to buy fluids to sustain all the support techs everyone expected plus the fact that many of my teammates had higher resta than i did but still expected me to heal them. im not saying non of you'se dont drop fluids for forces...but never in my entire pso gameing experience has any one considered the force.

OniTatsujin
Aug 8, 2003, 09:40 AM
If you want fast exp. Rafoie the room once, then support your team, easy as pie...

NeoLon
Aug 8, 2003, 10:59 AM
being a HUmar i put the ones that don't cast S&D. A FO that only casts support techs is ok w/ me and i can cast Resta and J/Z myself if i need it.

Obscenity
Aug 8, 2003, 11:25 AM
Where's the choice for a Force with an over-inflated sense of self-importance? There's nothing worse than a Force that joins a game and says something "I bet you guys are glad I'm a Force". It's almost as bad as the sissy Hunters and Rangers that agree with him/her.

Synch
Aug 19, 2003, 10:15 AM
It should be common courtesy for a force to do a Resta but you can't expect them to do everything for you, I mean how do you manage to cope by yourself offline? Regardless of what char type you are you should always be able to look out for yourself should you need to, if you gotta go up to pioneer to grab some mates or fluids then do it. Most people I've played with are happy enough to help one another, share regularly needed items like mates and fluids, and cast whatever spell that could/should be cast without question. From reading many other peoples posts around PSOW it seems like the common courtesy of players has dropped quite sharply since my days on DC v.1. Maybe there are too many young players out there trying to spoil others fun.

bronte
Aug 19, 2003, 07:34 PM
with good techs shifta and deband last for ages so its not something to worry about. i think its common courtesy to make sure ppl have them but and the same time im not gonna chase after a hu/ra whose racing ahead stealing all the exp. if ppl want s&d be patient and polite... it always helps.

as for resta i always have that on short and i use that instead of mates so if it helps anyone else out while i health myself all the better.

the best tech is def zalure. that way fos are helpful but we also get our exp!!

Nai_Calus
Aug 19, 2003, 08:37 PM
My boyfriend's brother's FOmarl. All those support tech bonuses, and all he'd do was grants and S/D if we beat him enough. My HUmar always got stuck with Resta duty. For everybody. Including the FOmarl. Gods.

Shifta and Jellen are more effective than Deband and Zalure, IMO, at least if you've decent ATP to begin with. I'm a HUmar, and my Rati's Shifta on PB meter fill and boss fights has the same effectiveness as my own L15 Zalure. If you're a Hunter, boosting your ATP as opposed to lowering the monster's DFP is usually more effective. And crippling the enemy's ATP is a lot more effective than boosting whatever drekky DFP you have yourself. HUmars aren't really crippled by their lack of S/D; they naturally have good ATP, and their ATA is decent as well so they hit more often than the HUcast/newearl. What they do need is to cripple the attack power of the monsters facing them so they can take blows better. Jellen does a spectacular job of that, even at L15. And Zalure weakens them just enough to help you get the nasty gone faster.

Kanore
Aug 19, 2003, 08:41 PM
On 2003-08-08 07:40, OniTatsujin wrote:
If you want fast exp. Rafoie the room once, then support your team, easy as pie...

That's pathetic. Really pathetic.

That's what n00bs do.

What you can do, however, is Jellen and Zalure the enemies, which gets you the same amount as EXP if you Rafoie and your teammates kill the enemy, and it also helps your teammates.

HU n00bs and RA n00bs do that too, but what they could do is make an effort to J/Z even though a Force is there. Or, in a RAmar's case, do SD just in case the FO is slower, so that the team is boosted when the FO catches up with everything and uses his/her stronger S/D.

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 19, 2003, 09:02 PM
i dont like forces any more. i am a hunter person. i dont have online so i dont have a use for them.

Nai_Calus
Aug 19, 2003, 11:34 PM
On 2003-08-19 19:02, Master_of_Dragons wrote:
i dont like forces any more. i am a hunter person. i dont have online so i dont have a use for them.

... ...
... ... ...
Umm...
Forces can do things besides just cast Resta and S/D/J/Z. O_o; You have all these nifty attack techs that let you nuke things from miles away before they can even get close to you, and if you use a FOmar, you can play Hunter a bit, too. Forces are also incredibly easy to get to Ult, and properly twinked they can own it from the first second they get there. A L45 FOmar can utterly destroy Sil Bob. A L45 Hunter would -get- utterly destroyed. O_o;
Forces pwn. Dude. End of story. I don't have online either, and I love Forces more than any other classes. O_o;

Kent
Aug 20, 2003, 06:34 AM
The worst type of Force is the one who doesn't know what the hell he's doing, or how to do it properly.

azura
Aug 20, 2003, 07:16 AM
I have a force in ultimate and i always do support techs before attack techs. What i think is one reason that alot of forces uses support so rarely is that they have never had another type of class character, like for exsample an android. They dont know how much it matters or how much it helps. A force shoud not be the first character to make when your new with pso.

I think that theres to much focusing on that the forces are doing the hunters etc a favor by using the support techs. What i mean is that when a force castes support, and they get exp from jellen zalure, the hu/ra kills the monsters quicker so that the force also gets exp quicker since everyone is killing monsters quicker, uhm if that made sense.
Its a coporation thingie lol

joncushing
Aug 20, 2003, 11:10 AM
HOW DARE YOU! Force characters werent made to go supporting other characters! Most other characters have resta (except droids but thats their problem)and you have your own jellen and zalure and rangers have their own deband and shifta! Its not a forces job to go around supporting other characters like slaves, do your own supporting you lazyweak fools!!!

Lone_Wolf_Nasca
Aug 20, 2003, 11:48 AM
I agree with you azura. I have played all the character classes in the game and I know how much support techs help make a fight easier. I personally like playing as a support Humar, even if the character was not made to be that way. My team always thanks me when I help them with Resta or by using J/Z on the enemies. Forces should support their teams, not just go running around nuking everything in the room !! Maybe that way people will respect Forces. ^_^

Ninpo_Tamashii
Aug 20, 2003, 12:42 PM
On 2003-08-20 09:10, joncushing wrote:
HOW DARE YOU! Force characters werent made to go supporting other characters! Most other characters have resta (except droids but thats their problem)and you have your own jellen and zalure and rangers have their own deband and shifta! Its not a forces job to go around supporting other characters like slaves, do your own supporting you lazyweak fools!!!

I agree and disagree with this. Me being a FOmar I get enough yelling at from ignorant people who don't relize its quite easy/possible to Melee with a force and still do their job as a force, adn not only that, do as much damage if not more than any Hunter of equal level or higher. I'll say this, at level below 60ish, It is a lil difficult for a force to be running around always keeping things zalure/jallened, shita debanded, and resta/reverser the group when your techs are really low level. And during those stages the other classes support magic is just as high. IT is very costly for a force too who lacks any decent back up melee weapons, and can't really due to lack of power at first. So until people's TP gets in the 700's and techs above 20, all the other classes are just as good if not better at Supporting the team. But those excuses go out the window once a FOrce gets level 21 techs and higher. and if you're high enough to cast them with decent TP. Basicaly becuase the range on those techs is large enough to where you don' thave to move AS much. And if you're any of the FEmale forces, Resta should not be something you have difficult with becuase your range on it is higher than the males, its like doubled or something. WIth the FOmar, you haev increased Shifta and deband range, so taht definately shoduln't be a problem to keep up. The FOnewman i can remotely see complaining about support, but frankly just walk the few more feet or call your team togeather when you know they need S&D, you should mentally have a general idea of about how long the shifta and deband lasts. And once that occurs, you can go back to being the awsome Tech nuker which that class is notorious for. But even with all that said it doesn't excuse a force for not keeping their Team and enemies glowing blue and red, and keeping them resta'd if they at least are in the same room. Even if yoku don't hit a single monster, keeping your team with those things is easy to do, takes just a second, and even if you melee you can get in hits as long as you Zalure and Jallen things first. There is no shame in needing to do that before you hit a monster. If someone laughs at you for it it scus they are jealous that they don't have a level 27 zalure and jallen that lowers monsters evade and ata, so be proud of being a force and uphold the respect of getting being one. Just don't go off thinking you're too good, becuase the skill of any class and ablity of anyclass is based off how well the player uses it. There are no bad forces, just people who play them bad. Mah ten cents

DualHydra
Aug 20, 2003, 07:53 PM
i fit in all those...i hate supporting people. most of the time i would support the person. this is how it goes most of the time.

Them: Hey S/D Us
Me: ...
Them: HELLO?!?
Me: wtf do you want
Them: Support
Me: Get your own with your bkb/tj sword
Them: **** YOU!
Me: Same To You

yea im the person that hate forces but hey i get tired of swinging weapons all the time so i need something else to keep me busy ^_^

joluh
Aug 20, 2003, 09:36 PM
Well if you're not playing with androids resta it's not like something very useful, exept for androids everyone can cast resta, when i'm playing alone ((most of time)) i never even use it, i just use mates and i'm a FOnewm btw, maybe because of their low HP, but when i'm playing with friends or cousins they never make me use J/Z or S/D i do it whenever i remember or in a boss, something like that, it's not necessary to do it, and they don't bother me, they can do it with their damn huge cannons or swords, and i think the worst FO is the one that doesn't cast attack techs, then how is he/she going to defend itself!?!? we already have low HP, we need to attack before casting S/D J/Z on everything, and with our low HP we don't even need resta, but if there's and android i'm totally going to cast resta on her/him everytime their HP is low =)