PDA

View Full Version : XBox: WARNING: WATCH OUT FOR THIS THEIF

TheBigRUnit
Aug 4, 2003, 10:49 PM
He goes by the name J. He says he can dupe but he lies and steals items. Just letting you know not to associate with him. Luckly he isnt a member on PSO-World i hope.

DesertFox
Aug 4, 2003, 11:23 PM
So did you just give him an item to dupe? And he took it. Seems like part of your fault...

PABLOparavida
Aug 5, 2003, 05:23 PM
Only dupe with people you can trust.

ALPHAM0F0
Aug 6, 2003, 12:26 AM
not to be cruel or anything but...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

hoosier5x
Aug 6, 2003, 12:39 AM
Hey BigRUnit. I'm sorry to hear about what happened. Sometimes you just want to put your trust in others hoping for the best, but actually getting the worst. This is supposed to be a game you can have fun playing, but instead you have to deal with an overabundance of lying thieves. You know what may be worse than PSO thieves? When you have the courage to make a post letting others know of your mistake so they don't make the same and getting a bunch of unsympathetic individuals. I'm sure if BigRUnit knew his items were going to be stolen, he would have never given them up. It's easy sometimes to be too trusting of some people. They'll be your best friend and tell you what you want to hear just to lure you in to trusting them enough to where they can snag your goods. I'm sorry for your items loss and if I can help you out just let me know. I'm also sorry for some of the insensitive and tactless responses that sometimes come with making posts like this. Thanks for the warning on this fella J.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hoosier5x on 2003-08-05 22:51 ]</font>

TheBigRUnit
Aug 6, 2003, 10:23 AM
Thanks hoosier your the only one who understands here i guess, they'll see when they get in the moment and then get scammed. Then they'll be sorry.

Obscenity
Aug 6, 2003, 10:27 AM
On 2003-08-06 08:23, TheBigRUnit wrote:
Thanks hoosier your the only one who understands here i guess, they'll see when they get in the moment and then get scammed. Then they'll be sorry.

A friend of mine was playing online and some guy was duping things for him one at a time. Then my friend gave him a bunch of stuff all at once and the guy signed off. I feel for you, man.

Obscenity
Aug 6, 2003, 10:30 AM
On 2003-08-04 21:23, DesertFox wrote:
So did you just give him an item to dupe? And he took it. Seems like part of your fault...

Yeah, I guess. If you consider being trusting a fault. Unfortunately, very few people are deserving of trust anymore, but I still tend to be trusting, as I try to see the best in most people.

KingChaos
Aug 6, 2003, 11:58 AM
same happened to me with a guy called joshie i reported him but luckily i gave him a hack coz i cudnt trust him unlucky

SundryKnives
Aug 7, 2003, 02:21 PM
Ive seen some people doing that before, Im on xbox so you can tell since its like twelve year olds advertising FREE DUPES!!! Once I acted all excited and gave one a +5 Ice Saber (or something) since he was a noob he thought it was a really good item, typed "you got jiped" and logged off. We had a good laugh on that one.

NeoLon
Aug 7, 2003, 08:00 PM
that's what ya get for duping!

hoosier5x
Aug 7, 2003, 10:10 PM
On 2003-08-07 18:00, NeoLon wrote:

Give me a break already. It shouldn't matter what he was doing. There's no excuse for stealing somebody else's items. Just because you don't agree with him having someone else dupe his items, doesn't give you the right to come in here and excuse somebody for theft.

Obscenity
Aug 8, 2003, 03:00 AM
On 2003-08-07 20:10, hoosier5x wrote:

On 2003-08-07 18:00, NeoLon wrote:

Give me a break already. It shouldn't matter what he was doing. There's no excuse for stealing somebody else's items. Just because you don't agree with him having someone else dupe his items, doesn't give you the right to come in here and excuse somebody for theft.

I agree. That's like saying two wrongs make a right. And there's nothing wrong with duping in my opinion, anyway.

LightningShiro
Aug 8, 2003, 04:54 AM
... I can?t belive how pathetic some people are!
You were trying to dupe and got ripped off, well start crying cheater!
And all the support he gets from other members!? I thought PSO World was a place for LEGITS?

"People who cheat in games are the same as people who masturbate while having sex"

Obscenity
Aug 8, 2003, 04:56 AM
On 2003-08-08 02:54, LightningShiro wrote:
... I can?t belive how pathetic some people are!
You were trying to dupe and got ripped off, well start crying cheater!
And all the support he gets from other members!? I thought PSO World was a place for LEGITS?

It's a place for people who play PSO.

"People who cheat in games are the same as people who masturbate while having sex"

I'm assuming you said this without any actual experience.

LightningShiro
Aug 8, 2003, 05:15 AM
On 2003-08-08 02:56, Obscenity wrote:

It's a place for people who play PSO.

Are you saying that duping is "ok"?
Sadly you always come across people who cheat and dupe, but i think that supporting them by telling them there sorry for them etc is totally wrong!

No i dont have any experience with that, my fiance is more than enough, i just heard that line from somewhere else.

Obscenity
Aug 8, 2003, 05:23 AM
Sadly you always come across people who cheat and dupe, but i think that supporting them by telling them there sorry for them etc is totally wrong!

Yes, I have no problem with it. What other people do and what weapons they use affect me not in the slightest. And it shouldn't affect you, either. You just choose to let it.

No i dont have any experience with that, my fiance is more than enough, i just heard that line from somewhere else.

I'll comment no further on this matter, other than to say that you seem pretty naive about several things, including sex.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obscenity on 2003-08-08 04:40 ]</font>

LightningShiro
Aug 8, 2003, 06:32 AM
On 2003-08-08 03:23, Obscenity wrote:

Yes, I have no problem with it. What other people do and what weapons they use affect me not in the slightest. And it shouldn't affect you, either. You just schoose to let it.

I do have a problem with it! It started like this on the DC, then came PK?ing, stealing from players banks etc.
I really hope this dosen?t happen to XB (GC seems done for) so that all legit players who are having fun, rather than running around with TJ+50 100/100/100/100/100 and all other items that WOULD have been cool, but now ruined.
When i play online i always quit the game if i suspect/notices duped/illegal items so i try NOT to be annoyed by it.

[/quote]

I'll comment no further on this matter, other than to say that you seem pretty naive about several things, including sex.

Naive? ill take that as if you have tried the above, seriously drop this it was only a comment ive heard on the net.

Obscenity
Aug 8, 2003, 06:39 AM
On 2003-08-08 04:32, LightningShiro wrote:
On 2003-08-08 03:23, Obscenity wrote:

Yes, I have no problem with it. What other people do and what weapons they use affect me not in the slightest. And it shouldn't affect you, either. You just choose to let it.

I do have a problem with it! It started like this on the DC, then came PK?ing, stealing from players banks etc.

That argument holds about as much water as saying that marijuana is a gateway drug.

hoosier5x
Aug 8, 2003, 08:50 AM
On 2003-08-08 02:54, LightningShiro wrote:

Real nice. I guess non-legit players aren't allowed in this forum, but people who makes posts like this knowing children visit this site are.

SundryKnives
Aug 8, 2003, 10:09 AM
RUnit, I feel for you. The only thing you did wrong was trust in another human being. And thats a shame. There is nothing wrong with duping or hacking, it can add new aspects and fun to the game. HOWEVER before you flame me for saying that know that there are extents, its bad to kill everything and leave nothing for others etc. and said items should not be used if team mates have objections about said practices.

Sparkoma
Aug 8, 2003, 10:34 AM
well i wouldnt have done gave some my stuff to dupe unless i have known the person or i played with the guy and he was trading with some 1 and was like brb gotta dupe this and they do.....but NEVER be a ho and ask in the lobbys if any 1 can dupe cause thats just uhhh hmmmm word thats i can say on the forums well u just put it in.

TheBigRUnit
Aug 8, 2003, 11:04 AM
wow, thanks for the support people i appreciate it, if you guys want to play sometime just PM me and we can meet up and do some ULT Runs.

TheBigRUnit
Aug 8, 2003, 11:08 AM
also, this post was not made to start arguments, im just letting people know about a person named J who takes items from you if you want them duped. Also, i have found over 500 rares, really good ones too, but the game just got so boring at about level 130 so i decided to meet up with some traders and get some new items, this led to new friends who dupe. This is how i got into duping and i like it alot and makes my gaming experience for PSO alot more fun. Now that may seem stupid to alot of you, but to me its the only way to play now.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Obscenity
Aug 8, 2003, 11:28 AM
On 2003-08-08 08:09, SundryKnives wrote:
RUnit, I feel for you. The only thing you did wrong was trust in another human being. And thats a shame. There is nothing wrong with duping or hacking, it can add new aspects and fun to the game. HOWEVER before you flame me for saying that know that there are extents, its bad to kill everything and leave nothing for others etc. and said items should not be used if team mates have objections about said practices.

I agree, but it's not as if only dupers and people who used duped weapons are EXP hogs.

SundryKnives
Aug 8, 2003, 11:29 AM
See! If used in moderation it adds fun new elements to the game play!

Obscenity
Aug 8, 2003, 11:30 AM
On 2003-08-08 09:08, TheBigRUnit wrote:
also, this post was not made to start arguments, im just letting people know about a person named J who takes items from you if you want them duped. Also, i have found over 500 rares, really good ones too, but the game just got so boring at about level 130 so i decided to meet up with some traders and get some new items, this led to new friends who dupe. This is how i got into duping and i like it alot and makes my gaming experience for PSO alot more fun. Now that may seem stupid to alot of you, but to me its the only way to play now.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, I'm the same way. I played the DC version offline only and I played it to death. Now that I have good weapons, I'm having a lot more fun. Once you go hack, you never go back.

Smile
Aug 8, 2003, 11:38 AM
in general if they don't give you theirs/ask for your guild card, it's a scam because how else r they going to find you to return your items?

just out of curiosity which items did u ask to have duped?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Smile on 2003-08-08 09:43 ]</font>

smallfry
Aug 8, 2003, 11:47 AM
god i hate ppl that preach about how everyone should be legit...makes me sick. i mean, what the f_ck are you gonna do about it?

Sparkoma
Aug 8, 2003, 02:12 PM
i dont hog exp!!!!!!!!
PM me about duping and ill kick you in the face!!

TheBigRUnit
Aug 8, 2003, 03:00 PM
the items i asked to have were:
Perfect/Resist(8)
God/Legs(8)
Cure/Freeze(16)
Cure/Slow(16)
???? Sword(3)
???? Gun(3)
???? Wand(3)
???? Armor(3)
???? Units/A few types(3)
I think he was gunna get me a few 100 mats too.

2Bad aye.