PDA

View Full Version : Barubary and the b/s rumours...

_J
Aug 6, 2003, 10:06 AM
I am getting pretty tired of people on PSO who get into arguments out of their depeth, then come out with something like "Barubary is my friend, I know him/her." - as if that proves something or it's something to be proud of. Barubary may be a codder, but let's be honest here - I doubt she/he could be called a professional, and ultimatly she/he is just like anyone of us. So please, anyone who knows her/him or Blackthorn, TerroristX, Loki, DarksideGUK, DJDubz, Nugz, Azreal, Buzz, Riddler, TMG1, or any famous coder - I don't give a rats ass if you know them, they are just another human.

Also, give me a break with all the rumours of codes. I mean honestly, it's going to be like on DC where fanboys of Barubary and co. are ranting about "GCK" codes and ficticious crap like that. Don't be so naieve. As a final note, I have heard from several of your fanboys Barubary, about how you actually "love" PSO and "never meant for hacking" and things along those lines - needless to say, if that was the case you wouldn't bother putting in time creating codes. When I try explain that simple logic to those people, it's like their minds are fact-proof, nothing can penetrate their wall of ignorance.

P.S I know I don't know you Barubary, and I don't realy care about that fact, but your fanboys piss me off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _J on 2003-08-06 08:08 ]</font>

brillyfresh
Aug 6, 2003, 10:36 AM
from what i gather, barubary didn't create the destructive codes that brought down DC, he cracked the encryption and spread the knowledge of how to do it, and other people came up with their own codes, the ones that really did the damage

if anything, Barubary exposed a design flaw that Sonic Team should have addressed correctly

we need more people like Barubary who dive into the guts of a program, finding problems so they can be fixed, because all of that goes into making a better program in the future

Wewt
Aug 6, 2003, 10:37 AM
Wow. First time I am agreeing with you. Not only is it bad enough people do things similar to this in life, but they do it on a game too. It pisses me off. It's hundreds of times worse on Counter-Strike...

_J
Aug 6, 2003, 10:57 AM
from what i gather, barubary didn't create the destructive codes that brought down DC, he cracked the encryption and spread the knowledge of how to do it, and other people came up with their own codes, the ones that really did the damage

Exactly. And would you please tell me, exactly, what Barubary hoped to acheive by spreading that information to people if not to encourage codding in some way? You have just proved my point totally. It all started with him/her, so hopefully her/his fanboys will cease with that "lover" of PSO crap from now on. Barubary could have easily just kept that to him/herself if he/she wanted to.

if anything, Barubary exposed a design flaw that Sonic Team should have addressed correctly

we need more people like Barubary who dive into the guts of a program, finding problems so they can be fixed, because all of that goes into making a better program in the future

Well, maybe if Sega would sto getting monkeys to beta test all their games they wouldn't be released with such flaws. I mean for example in Ep 1 & 2 on the GC, if they would've just got codders to test it and find the dupe and FSOD bugs early - maybe they could have actually gotten rid of FSOD/dupe for once. Alas, from the DC version, to V 2 and now Ep 1 & 2 they STILL have not gotten shot of dupe OR FSOD. So I don't think that "helping by exposing errors" crap cuts it either. The coding on DC has not been stopped on the GC, Barubary has not helped Sega to learn anything. And I fear episode 3 will be exactly the same.

Mystil
Aug 6, 2003, 11:37 AM
...The Barubary ass kissing was alot worst back then. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Yep t is sicking, and oh so hypocritical. I don't know that much about him, but his followers did kinda treat him like a God.(I dont feel like saying he/she, so I'll say him..)

And....why people keep saying sega..

It' Sonic Teams responsibility. The two companies told each other to fuck off like 2 years ago. Well I guess it doesn't matter which, they've still not got out all the kinks. They HAVE tried though....

Btw - Baru is with csccc, along with codemaster, and the others. Coding is this persons life one can say. It's not strictly PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-08-06 09:40 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Aug 6, 2003, 03:41 PM
remember, just because he's a hacker doesn't mean you can flame him. btw he's a nice guy. other than that carry on!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-08-06 13:50 ]</font>

Aurra
Aug 6, 2003, 03:56 PM
Yes.
> Lolita

And he really is a guy too.

Ness
Aug 6, 2003, 04:03 PM
On 2003-08-06 08:36, brillyfresh wrote:

I have to agree here, but she/he did not have to give those codes to other people. He should have reported it to Sonic Team instead.

muff
Aug 6, 2003, 04:04 PM
Yeah he seems nice, hes everybodys scape goat.

LollipopLolita
Aug 6, 2003, 04:10 PM
He did Ness, but that doesn't mean ST will listen right?

Ness
Aug 6, 2003, 04:16 PM
On 2003-08-06 14:10, LollipopLolita wrote:

That's true. I should have known, but I guess I was holding on to the fact that Sonic Team cared about us at some point in time.

LollipopLolita
Aug 6, 2003, 04:30 PM
The JP ST might care about their target audience. The US ST, zip...

kat
Aug 6, 2003, 06:05 PM
I wish sega would hire him...

solve a lot of problems at once then wouldn't it?

brillyfresh
Aug 6, 2003, 06:24 PM
i agree that his only mistake was spreading the knowledge of his exploits, but that was in the Dreamcast days, i'm sure he knows better now to do that again

and i don't blame him nearly as much, if at all, for happenings on Gamecube or Xbox, since Sonic Team should've learned their lesson from DC ver.1 and 2 and fixed it appropriately, instead of using the (nearly) same faulty, crappy game engine

you're right Kat, if anything, Sonic Team would benefit from having him on the team, then maybe PSO wouldn't have the security issues that it has

hackers make the best system administrators IMO

Aurra
Aug 6, 2003, 07:10 PM
Baru has made some mistakes in the past, but he really is a friendly guy and he doesn't run around FSODing lobbies or anything. I don't know why everyone acts like he's evil and all of PSO's problems are his fault

Mystil
Aug 6, 2003, 08:00 PM
Like I said, he doesn't code strictly for PSO. They were many many other contributers to the series obstruction than just him. Infact..and I hate to say it, but he really isn't that big of an issue with PSO anymore-since v2(I guess) it's the little wanna-be kiddy hackers now..

Hmm I don't know man. :/

kat
Aug 7, 2003, 12:59 AM
well, if they hired him, he could hack to his heart's content and get paid to do it, which I would hope would make him happy.

and we'd have the problems found out and *crosses fingers** fixed before we get the game, so we'd be happy

and any later coding exploits and stuff that he found he would be unable to share out, as he'd be an employee of sonic team and thus it would be an unethical (and surely against company policy) thing to do. No more loose cannon...

'course that's in a perfect world... but still, the idea appeals

AngelofEnders
Aug 7, 2003, 01:11 AM
Look at Sonic Team's staff and count how many American names are there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelofEnders on 2003-08-06 23:12 ]</font>

kat
Aug 7, 2003, 01:15 AM
On 2003-08-06 23:11, AngelofEnders wrote:
Look at Sonic Team's staff and count how many American names are there.

exactally. there would be a bit less translation akwardness (like that new fan site Mihario or whatever) if they had some people used to putting stuff in the more natural american slang as well....

Guile
Aug 7, 2003, 04:09 AM
Pffft haha Barubary, you people thought he was? Nah he is a myth. You all fell for it....

Ness
Aug 7, 2003, 06:05 AM
On 2003-08-06 14:30, LollipopLolita wrote:
The JP ST might care about their target audience. The US ST, zip...

That's what I meant when I said us.

_J
Aug 7, 2003, 07:36 AM

Give me a break. You fanboys of Bar have to let go of this idotic notion that Bar never helped PSO become the hacked sack of shit it is today. Either he was the root of it all, and he sucks for that. Or he wasn't the root of it all, and all the rumours and his fanboys suck. Either way, people suck.

Just DC you say? Maybe if he would have held his damn tongue and DC could've maybe stayed much less hacked. That could've then meant people were less eager to try on the GC (which is harder to hack) - so you never know how much damege he really did. But I'm pretty damn certain he did alot.

LollipopLolita
Aug 7, 2003, 07:52 AM
All I said was that he did report some bugs in. When did I say all the other stuff? He did do damage, and yes he did mess some things up, but he isn't the only one. So _J don't put words in my mouth.

Wewt
Aug 7, 2003, 08:05 AM
On 2003-08-07 05:52, LollipopLolita wrote:
He did do damage, and yes he did mess some things up, but he isn't the only one.
He gave the tools and ammunition to those that wanted to do damage, so it wasn't just "some" damage.

_J
Aug 7, 2003, 08:13 AM
All I said was that he did report some bugs in. When did I say all the other stuff? He did do damage, and yes he did mess some things up, but he isn't the only one. So _J don't put words in my mouth.

You were defending him like he never meant or caused any hacking or something. He did not try to get Sega to deal with the problems at all, he leaked it out to people. Those are YOUR words, not mine.

LollipopLolita
Aug 7, 2003, 08:39 AM
I said he caused some of the problems. He didn't do all the damage, there were other people involved too. I am not defending barubary. He did do a lot of damage but not all.

You were defending him like he never meant or caused any hacking or something. He did not try to get Sega to deal with the problems at all, he leaked it out to people.

I never said anything like that. He did mean to hack, he does mean to hack, I have no qualms in saying that he will try to again in Ep 3. He has caused damage. But the people that also do the hacking after having the information could choose not to. So they as well as baru are at fault. And he wasn't the only one "arming" people. When it comes to the state of PSO today and what it is, it isn't a simple one person case. Look at PSOX.

All I said was, and go scroll and read, that he did try contacting sega about some problems and telling them about it. That's what I said in response to Ness's post. And you guys totally mistook it for something else.

Baru attracts attention to himself and happens to be one of the more outspoken hackers out there, and therefore becomes a scapegoat for a lot of thinks, some deserved some undeserved. But you see, what about people like Clara?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-08-07 06:40 ]</font>

_J
Aug 7, 2003, 08:57 AM
But you see, what about people like Clara?

Clara is nothing. She/he just did some fsoding on the JP ships, whoopie shit. I guess I was being a bit confrontational with the Bar thing - what can I say? I like being opposed to you. : ) I know like, in some way, just about every cemi famous codder out there - they all seem remarkably similar to me.

Saladwood
Aug 7, 2003, 09:10 AM
might want to find out more...

_J
Aug 7, 2003, 09:21 AM
might want to find out more...

I sincerly doubt that, there isn't anyone on PSO much worth finding out more about. With one or two exceptions.

Wewt
Aug 7, 2003, 10:07 AM
Lolita, I was referring to the DC versions of the game. Everybody knows, when people wanted cheats, they'd head over to the CMGSCCC site to start. Myself included in that bunch of people.

Mystil
Aug 7, 2003, 12:01 PM
I know some hackers much worst...

LollipopLolita
Aug 7, 2003, 02:30 PM
exactly Silhouette

you can't pinpoint and blame the whole gc/dc/xbox situation on one lone person. if you want to put the blame on someone, something, then blame the hackers who got the codes out, the companies with the hardware, the companies that made the codes, the people who hacked using the codes, the dupers, the websites and people that spread the codes and methods, the clans that encourage it, the people who ask for the dupes, the people who ask for the cheats and sonic team for not fixing the "holes" or creating a game with exploits and a game that has no way of fixing it. and you'll have just about 75%-85% of the general pso population.

_J
Aug 7, 2003, 03:38 PM
exactly Silhouette

you can't pinpoint and blame the whole gc/dc/xbox situation on one lone person. if you want to put the blame on someone, something, then blame the hackers who got the codes out, the companies with the hardware, the companies that made the codes, the people who hacked using the codes, the dupers, the websites and people that spread the codes and methods, the clans that encourage it, the people who ask for the dupes, the people who ask for the cheats and sonic team for not fixing the "holes" or creating a game with exploits and a game that has no way of fixing it. and you'll have just about 75%-85% of the general pso population.

Well, you kinda posted the matter of fact here. There's an industry involved, money to be made - thus, humans will always seek to make money from it. But still, your right about the just one person thing, but Bar is the most notorious. I just dislike the fanboys really - they have all these stupid delusions and rediclious ideas about hackers and who they are and what they can do.

LollipopLolita
Aug 7, 2003, 03:42 PM
well don't blame the stupidity of fanboys on bar. if they wanna worship something stupidly and blindly, that's their fault and problem.

_J
Aug 7, 2003, 03:49 PM
well don't blame the stupidity of fanboys on bar. if they wanna worship something stupidly and blindly, that's their fault and problem.

Well they all claim to know Bar, it seems like Bar may be doing something to encourage all these stupid rumours. Maybe Bar could point out to his/her friends that he/she is infact just a human like the rest of us. I get the sinking feeling they are just feeding off each other and Bar doesn't actually do anything to fuel it, and they are no fun to fight. Even when you spell it right out to them, they will just reply with "LMAO" or something.

eRUPT
Aug 7, 2003, 03:54 PM
Gonna start counting.

This is 1.

_J
Aug 7, 2003, 03:56 PM
Gonna start counting.

This is 1.

Man, find a new hobby already. I stopped fighting Rax and Uncle B just like you said, and this thread isn't bad at all. I'm even getting crap and NOT responding (like in the "Orphen sucks" thread), stop getting drunk on "power" and get off my back.

And there are plenty of rant worse than this one, seriously GET OFF MY BACK. This is rants forum and I'm ranting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _J on 2003-08-07 13:59 ]</font>

eRUPT
Aug 7, 2003, 04:19 PM
That comment doesn't actually help any.

ok?

_J
Aug 7, 2003, 04:22 PM
That comment doesn't actually help any.

ok?

Nah, it don't help you much. Shows how you are on some lame 'crusade' or something to get me banned. I stopped breaking the rules, you can't bend them to suit you. Unless it's okay for moderators to do that all of a sudden?

_J
Aug 7, 2003, 04:23 PM
If your just doing your job, go to the "Orphen Sucks." thread, and do your job eRUPT.

eRUPT
Aug 7, 2003, 04:29 PM
1. I'm not a moderator.

2. I don't have to bend anything, and I actually told someone attacking you to stop as well correct?

3. You had one warning from a previous thread, not this one, so that is "1".

4. I have no crusades. I browse the forum seldomly actually, you browse and post in the forums more so than I.

So there's facts for you since you are a factual person. And just because you stopped flaming 2 people doesn't mean I'm not gonna watch you for future flames. I've had quite a handful of people on the site complain to me personnally about your posts, which actually forces me to keep an eye on the forum and on yourself which is not something common for me to have to do.

So there. No need replying to this post and actually I would tell you not to do so. Anymore replies should be directed to PM.

PaNicK
Aug 7, 2003, 04:35 PM
At the top of my screen it says your a moderator...

LollipopLolita
Aug 7, 2003, 07:53 PM
it says moderated by: not moderators:

http://www.pso-world.com/staffers.php

_J
Aug 8, 2003, 02:15 PM
Bleh...humans.

Kanore
Aug 8, 2003, 06:38 PM
On 2003-08-08 12:15, _J wrote:
Bleh...humans.

I can report you to Roswell... >_> hehe

Monomate
Aug 12, 2003, 06:36 PM
deathscythe wishes he knew everything that's going on behind this...but he doesn't so he'll just do whatever...

um...yeah...hackers and coders are people to respect...whether you agree with them, or just plain out despise them...i mean...the CIA and FBI, and several other federal agencies employ hackers because of their skills...if only ST was smart enough...a hacker working against hackers...that would keep a lot of bugs, dupes, hacks, etc. from popping up so often...

now...a vigilante...that would be nice...

_J
Aug 12, 2003, 07:44 PM
now...a vigilante...that would be nice...

I'm about to start learning computer programming...*would join the darkside*

BogusKun
Aug 13, 2003, 02:08 AM
He use to do the disconnect-user trick on people though which is mean and a waste of time. Yet I seen him do it. But I got to hand it to him, since the kid he disconnected was bugging him and annoying us in the lobby.

-This happened on ver.2

Firocket1690
Aug 13, 2003, 08:30 AM
On 2003-08-07 17:53, LollipopLolita wrote:
it says moderated by: not moderators:

http://www.pso-world.com/staffers.php

really ??

Moderators/Potatoes
rbf2000
Senior Moderator & Screenshots Team
Virginia, USA
Iceblink
Kettering, England

RuneLateralus
Chicago, USA
ABDUR101
Pennsylvania, USA

Hikosaka
Moderator & Fanfic Manager
Pennsylvania, USA
dj_dan
Moderator & Polls Manager
Vancouver, Canada

Prof_Frink
California, USA
Guntz348
Moderator, Content Team & CMode Host
Connecticut, USA

_J
Aug 13, 2003, 08:37 AM
Okay enough nit-picking over the "moderated by/moderator" thing, it's quite clearly petty.