PDA

View Full Version : People who ask for cheats in PMs

muff
Aug 6, 2003, 07:12 PM
To the people that PM for how to do the multi equip I would like to say FUCK OFF!

Wewt
Aug 6, 2003, 07:26 PM
You know, if I were in a good mood, I'd do exactly what you hate. I'm pretty sure you'll get even more PM's after posting what you have posted.

Zeebo
Aug 6, 2003, 10:56 PM
hey that gives me an idea...

LollipopLolita
Aug 7, 2003, 03:02 AM
Do not post links to cheat codes. Do not ask for cheat codes. Do not post cheat codes or even attempt to describe it. Do not ask for cheat methods. Do not post cheat methods. Do not link to sites with cheat methods. Do not pm members asking or sharing cheat methods or codes. Do not post malicious exploits Doing so will result in an instant ban. We have a 0 tolerance level for these activities.

so if you would ever like to complain about those people, feel free.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-08-07 03:33 ]</font>

Guile
Aug 7, 2003, 04:11 AM
So if this is going on and people are'nt getting banned for it. You guys are really cracking down!

LollipopLolita
Aug 7, 2003, 05:32 AM
well think about it, people have to report it to us for us to know right? we don't go in and check every pm's and we can't and wouldn't. so whether or not we crack down on it depends on the members who receive them.

Wewt
Aug 7, 2003, 07:06 AM
Hmm. Is asking a person via IM for cheats wrong too?

Saladwood
Aug 7, 2003, 07:10 AM
why would we care what people do on any IM service?

it's not in our control in any way and not our concern.

Obscenity
Aug 7, 2003, 07:14 AM
On 2003-08-07 05:10, Saladwood wrote:

Really? Apparently that doesn't include e-mail, as a friend of mine recently got banned for an e-mail he sent to a mod. Not a PM on here, but an e-mail to a personal account.

Saladwood
Aug 7, 2003, 07:16 AM
On 2003-08-07 05:14, Obscenity wrote:Really? Apparently that doesn't include e-mail, as a friend of mine recently got banned for an e-mail he sent to a mod. Not a PM on here, but an e-mail to a personal account.

That's different, that's not between two outside people, that usually concerns a direct attack or harrassment against a mod or admin. That can come from anywhere, and it can lead to a ban if we can verify who it is from.

_J
Aug 7, 2003, 07:30 AM
That can come from anywhere, and it can lead to a ban if we can verify who it is from.

Your pretty screwed if they ain't stupid, and use a public computer then eh?

Oh and Cubis get over yourself. Unless your some stupid idiot you would've known this post would get you more of the kind of attention you just said you dislike. So, you can take your pick between a hypocrite/attention seeker or an idiot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _J on 2003-08-07 05:38 ]</font>

Wewt
Aug 7, 2003, 08:08 AM
On 2003-08-07 05:10, Saladwood wrote:

Private messaging shouldn't be in your control, either.

LollipopLolita
Aug 7, 2003, 03:47 PM
pm's is part of the board and it's not exactly in our control since we can't do anything about it until it's reported.

Wewt
Aug 7, 2003, 04:35 PM
I have a question... can you actually view our private messages?

Reenee
Aug 7, 2003, 05:04 PM
I'm sure they could if they logged into your account.

Otherwise it's invasion of privacy.

eRUPT
Aug 7, 2003, 05:16 PM
Actually its not invasion of privacy, we just respect your privacy.

An email administrator in a company is actually allowed by law to view all email they administer. Which goes the same for other situations like a message board.

Its actually concidered a good practice for an Email Administrator to have that access and use it in the corporate world. (Been there)

Wewt
Aug 7, 2003, 05:35 PM
So, all I have to do is come to one of you guys and say so and so has been harassing me via PM, and you'll check out his and my PM inbox?

eRUPT
Aug 7, 2003, 05:49 PM
I would just run a simple query to see if so and so has sent you any pm's and then see if it goes with your complaint. If you delete the given pm's though you are out of luck. So my best suggestion is make a folder for them and move the offensive ones there so they can be reviewed even easier.

Ness
Aug 7, 2003, 06:27 PM
I hate it when people e-mail me for cheats.

s.TiNgEr
Aug 7, 2003, 07:47 PM
i only got asked for a semi cheat once. It really wasnt much of a cheat though. I'd only complain if more than 3 people were asking me, not like i'd give cheats to them anyway. (Unless they were to pay me), but I don't see why they'd do that when you can get free cheats on the internet......

Wewt
Aug 7, 2003, 09:28 PM
Fair enough. I still think PM's should be controlled by the user, and only the user, though.

LollipopLolita
Aug 7, 2003, 10:34 PM
it's not just there for us to just see. erupt is the only one who can and he still has to do all the stuff mentioned above

Wewt
Aug 7, 2003, 10:42 PM
I know. I might not really know eRUPT, but I have a hunch he's not sad enough to peek through users' PM's...

Monomate
Aug 12, 2003, 07:02 PM
hmmm...ah...can anyone email me cheats...my email is... kidding! kidding! lol please don't kill me...*runs and hides*

ah...so...if i were to pm somebody about cheats...if they reported me i could get banned...hmmm...sounds fair enough...i suppose...

muff
Aug 13, 2003, 05:19 AM
Yeah well I could get like 7 people banned, but I just let them burn themselves out and they don't ask again.

_J
Aug 13, 2003, 04:10 PM
It's not like the cheats are hard to find, they are just on sites. Not that I'm going to post links to those sites - that would be WRONG. Anyways, the point is people who want them should look ELSEWHERE, they are on the internet, just not here at PSOW (and PSOW doesn't exactly try to hide that fact). So yeah, don't PM anyone about it - any moron who is thinking of it that is.