PDA

View Full Version : Orphen sucks.

_J
Aug 7, 2003, 08:20 AM
I was at some small anime thing in England, strolled over to the stalls where there were a couple of people from a couple of companies selling things, and I just choose this boxed set of "Orphen" because I just wanted to get something random and try something new (and it was one of the boxed sets, which are normally much better value for money - with all that economis of scale business). The second I started watching it I knew it was total pants.

The music is totally shit, and repetative. The plot is fucking wafer thin and totally unoriginal and not presented in an interesting way at all - and the predictability of the show is just laughable. The animation style chops and changes, the characters are shit and totally predictable and stereotypical and black and white with no depth at all. Many episodes are just wasted with jack shit to do with the main shitty plot. Man...I could go on but let's just say it's a big pile of shit that should never have been made at all. The only positive thing I can draw from it is - if that sack of shit can get made, my ideas for anime sure as hell will.

Dangerous55
Aug 7, 2003, 12:40 PM
On 2003-08-07 06:20, _J wrote:

let's just say it's a big pile of shit that should never have been made at all..

Same goes for you.

DarkShinjaru
Aug 7, 2003, 03:41 PM
Lmaoooo I didnt expect anyone to say that. Nice job, lad.

_J
Aug 7, 2003, 03:50 PM
Okay mods, you saw that I didn't start this one...PLEASE LET ME FIGHT BACK. : )

Ness
Aug 7, 2003, 04:24 PM
Are you talking about the video game?

_J
Aug 7, 2003, 04:25 PM
Are you talking about the video game?

Nah, I mean the anime...THEY MADE A VIDEO GAME TOO??? @_@ Give me a break.

DarkShinjaru
Aug 7, 2003, 06:01 PM
Orphen is a few years old I think for the PS2

OnnaWren
Aug 8, 2003, 02:12 PM
And the worst of it is that the anime is better than the game... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

[EDIT: Smile! Or not.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2003-08-08 12:20 ]</font>

_J
Aug 8, 2003, 02:13 PM
And the worst of it is that the anime is better than the game... :nonono:

Aside from the ending, I don't see how they could possibly make it MORE predictable...

polishedweasel
Aug 9, 2003, 02:50 AM
There is no written rule that says all anime has to be good. You know? It's just like a real TV show. So, if it sucks, it gets cancelled.

_J
Aug 10, 2003, 06:57 AM
There is no written rule that says all anime has to be good. You know? It's just like a real TV show. So, if it sucks, it gets cancelled.

Yeah, but this DIDN'T get cancelled, they released it on DVD - for some unknown reason.