PDA

View Full Version : worst game u ever played

ssephiroth_da_hunter
Aug 7, 2003, 11:40 PM
What is the worst game u ever played??? A game that just sucked and really had no purpose. A game that made u say wut the F#@$k kind of game is this??? I have played a few game like that but I cant think of any game at the moment, but im sure you guys out there have played something that you hated.

xHIGHONLIFEx
Aug 8, 2003, 12:21 AM
Lamborghini Racing for N64... That game blew...

Inu_Ranma
Aug 8, 2003, 12:29 AM
The First Samurai, for Super Nintendo, a pointless, poorly designed, and bizarre game. Its only redeeming quality was the player's abilities to...
1) Continuously reuse the joke 'He's the first samurai to (Die, kill that thing, use the sword, die again, get resurrected, etc.).
2) Use the off switch.

Slicer238
Aug 8, 2003, 12:32 AM
Xenogears. I hated this game so badly. I got about half way done and said screw it, it was pointless.

Reenee
Aug 8, 2003, 01:06 AM
Gran Turismo. Controls sucked.

Any unknown game that was on the bargain bin...that my dad bought me. ......

Jet Moto 2. So bad, I had to cheat to have any fun (old tracks pwned).

UFC for Dreamcast. Button masher. (Bonus note: I got it for free. My brother worked on creating and rendering the introduction movie.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reenee on 2003-08-07 23:08 ]</font>

AUTO_
Aug 8, 2003, 05:01 AM
If it was a bad game you'll forget you ever played it.

If it was completely craptacular you'll remember it till the day you die.

That game my friends, is E.T.

Obscenity
Aug 8, 2003, 05:03 AM
I've played so many bad games, and I agree with AUTO_, as I've forgotten the vast majority of them. The one that sticks out in my mind is the one that was the biggest letdown: FFX.

Guntz348
Aug 8, 2003, 05:45 AM
This is a toss up between Total Recall for NES, yes I still own the god awful cart, Raid on Bungling Bay(something like that), also for NES and Final Fantasy VII. I think the last one is the worst that I've played though.

Obscenity
Aug 8, 2003, 05:56 AM
On 2003-08-08 03:45, Guntz348 wrote:
This is a toss up between Total Recall for NES, yes I still own the god awful cart, Raid on Bungling Bay(something like that), also for NES and Final Fantasy VII. I think the last one is the worst that I've played though.

You don't like FFVII? That seems like flamebaiting if I ever saw it. =D

Edit: Guntz was one of my favorite SF characters, btw.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obscenity on 2003-08-08 04:04 ]</font>

inDOMinable
Aug 8, 2003, 06:01 AM
Any licensed game ever made. Movies, cartoons, shows, comics, they all suck ass. I think my most recent let down was Auto Modelista though. No matter how appealing and great looking cars are, if you can't control them then what the hell is the point. I spent more time in the one month I owned that game tweaking cars and changing their paint schemes then I did on the actual course. BLARGH!

Obscenity
Aug 8, 2003, 06:05 AM
On 2003-08-08 04:01, inDOMinable wrote:
Any licensed game ever made. Movies, cartoons, shows, comics, they all suck ass. I think my most recent let down was Auto Modelista though. No matter how appealing and great looking cars are, if you can't control them then what the hell is the point. I spent more time in the one month I owned that game tweaking cars and changing their paint schemes then I did on the actual course. BLARGH!

Goldeneye?

shifter
Aug 8, 2003, 09:02 AM
Goldeneye ruled. as for bad games, AUTO_ made me remember E.T., (thanks alot, now im gonna have to repress it again). also The Predator for nes, pointless, ugly, and nothing to do with the movie.

xHIGHONLIFEx
Aug 8, 2003, 09:18 AM
Banjo Kazooie.... I'm ashamed to even have that game in my collection....

shifter
Aug 8, 2003, 10:36 AM
thank god itt will nolonger be on the cube. hope u enjoy designs the characters for the sequal so Xboxers know how horrible Rare games can get http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

MasterJoel
Aug 8, 2003, 10:37 AM
HALO... ::shudders:: worst ever. i have tried playing it a couple of times, and even though fps' aren't my thing, this could possibly be the worst i have ever played... so boring!

oh yeah, that's right, for the NES, there was this one barbie game that my cousin seemed to like... ugh... the first boss was trying to steal socks or something stupid like that, so barbie had to use a whistle to get her cat to get them back. and the obsticles on the level were things like jumping bras and such. OMG... why did i ever put that game in the console?!

brillyfresh
Aug 8, 2003, 10:37 AM
Indiana Jones for Atari 2600, there were two rooms, i didn't know what was going on

E.T. for Atari 2600 (if that's what you're referring to), that game is pointless too

Obscenity
Aug 8, 2003, 11:19 AM
On 2003-08-08 08:37, MasterJoel wrote:
HALO... ::shudders:: worst ever. i have tried playing it a couple of times, and even though fps' aren't my thing, this could possibly be the worst i have ever played... so boring!

oh yeah, that's right, for the NES, there was this one barbie game that my cousin seemed to like... ugh... the first boss was trying to steal socks or something stupid like that, so barbie had to use a whistle to get her cat to get them back. and the obsticles on the level were things like jumping bras and such. OMG... why did i ever put that game in the console?!

I've decided that anyone who doesn't like Halo only dislikes it because they suck at it. Practice makes perfect. Once you turn killing into an artform, it'll be one of your favorite games.

xHIGHONLIFEx
Aug 8, 2003, 11:31 AM
Hey, the only good franchise Rare has is Perfect Dark... Does anyone know if its coming to cube??? I know Rare left Nintendo, but is it for good??? And it seems PD Zero is gonna be on xbox, is it true???

Obscenity
Aug 8, 2003, 11:34 AM
On 2003-08-08 09:31, xHIGHONLIFEx wrote:
Hey, the only good franchise Rare has is Perfect Dark... Does anyone know if its coming to cube??? I know Rare left Nintendo, but is it for good??? And it seems PD Zero is gonna be on xbox, is it true???

Microsoft owns Rare now, so the chances of it being on the 'cube is nil. And it's not their only good franchise in my opinion. Conker's Bad Fur Day rules. I can't wait for Conker: Live and Uncut.

OnnaWren
Aug 8, 2003, 12:00 PM
Ranma 1/2: Battle Renaissance.

*SHUDDERS* XO

Deathscythealpha
Aug 8, 2003, 12:04 PM
Bubsy 3D. This game was so bad that i could have cried. I had spent my money on a 3D Platformer where you have problems landing on platforms, jumping on enemies or objects needs the patients of a Zen master and the worst jokes and puns ever. Ive still got the game in my collection somewhere, just because of the fact that its so bad that i wouldnt get any money for it in trade in.

Hundred Swords on the PC also sucks, along with DBZ: Ultimate Battle 22, a fighting game which hurts your hands just making the characters jump!

I've decided that anyone who doesn't like Halo only dislikes it because they suck at it. Practice makes perfect. Once you turn killing into an artform, it'll be one of your favorite games.

I dont dislike Halo, its just ranks as ok in my opinion. Really all it is is Quake with pretty graphics and vehicles. The fact that your only able to hold two weapons at once is really boring and every level is a bug hunt. I got all the way to that computer thingy (cant remember it now) and having spent the last 2 sections of the game just shooting Swarm creatures really made this game totally tedious in my eyes. I dont mind that other people like it, its just its not the FPS for me.

Obscenity
Aug 8, 2003, 12:25 PM
On 2003-08-08 10:04, Deathscythealpha wrote:
Bubsy 3D. This game was so bad that i could have cried. I had spent my money on a 3D Platformer where you have problems landing on platforms, jumping on enemies or objects needs the patients of a Zen master and the worst jokes and puns ever. Ive still got the game in my collection somewhere, just because of the fact that its so bad that i wouldnt get any money for it in trade in.

Hundred Swords on the PC also sucks, along with DBZ: Ultimate Battle 22, a fighting game which hurts your hands just making the characters jump!

I dont dislike Halo, its just ranks as ok in my opinion. Really all it is is Quake with pretty graphics and vehicles. The fact that your only able to hold two weapons at once is really boring and every level is a bug hunt. I got all the way to that computer thingy (cant remember it now) and having spent the last 2 sections of the game just shooting Swarm creatures really made this game totally tedious in my eyes. I dont mind that other people like it, its just its not the FPS for me.

The single player leaves a little to be desired. All the fun is in coop and especially deathmatching. Try a 4-way deathmatch with 4 good players and you'll see what I mean. And only being able to carry two weapons at a time is part of the strategy.

Reenee
Aug 8, 2003, 12:40 PM
Now I remember renting Bubsy 3D.

Whew...least I rented it.

Halo? I'm sure you sucked. You need to always kill, not always get killed.

Though I've never played it, I pwn UT.

shifter
Aug 8, 2003, 12:44 PM
Halo gets even better if you hook up two or more boxs together. i played an eight man team once for five freakin hours. And adding to the crap, any of the attempt by PS! to create a franchise char.(mainly Crash), any bugsy game(especailly 3d), areo the acrobat, and jet force gemini. Look, its not my fault for reminding u of these horrible games, if your going to blame someone, blame the makers or to a lesser extent, the person who started this thread(sorry guy, but not really).

Orange_Coconut
Aug 8, 2003, 01:09 PM
After seeing and remembering E.T, it reminded me of another game I played on the Atari system.... And that would be Pitfall :/

That game just never ended, of course, I was a bit too young to figure that out at the time...

I'm not much for Mortal Kombat either, I know everyone loved the game and all but I just never thought it was that great personally.

shifter
Aug 8, 2003, 01:12 PM
why is it tthat most atari games in the 80's were crap?

ShadowFOrce
Aug 8, 2003, 01:22 PM
Becuase atari was crap

OnnaWren
Aug 8, 2003, 01:35 PM
Atari wasn't crap- without them, would Nintendo have started the second wave in 1985?

Highly doubtful.

Atari's problem (and everyone's problem at the time) was a preponderance of what is commonly referred to as "shovelware" (cheapo games rushed onto a system for the sole purpose of turning a quick buck). This is what caused the "Great Crash", and the disappearance of video games in the US between 1983 and 1986/7 (correct me on the dates if I'm wrong).

And it is a lesson present-day developers would be wise to heed...

Vanango
Aug 8, 2003, 04:57 PM
Rampage N64.

>_<

xHIGHONLIFEx
Aug 8, 2003, 05:06 PM
Rampage N64 was FUN AS HELL.... but too short...

tiltnkirby26
Aug 8, 2003, 05:14 PM
Back to the Future for the nes............................................... ..............................

MasterJoel
Aug 8, 2003, 05:44 PM
you're right, i do suck at halo... the controls are really really odd, and anyone who can actually reach the buttons should do well... if they have ADD and can do two half thoughts instead of one complete thought, just perfect to do the entire two analog thing... and the graphics weren't that good, in fact, they rather suck as compared to other games that that system has... fortunately for the people who do like the game, they keep pushing the release date for the sequel, and i have seen that the graphics are absolutely stunning already. just don't make me play that e.t. game everyone says sucked so bad...

ssephiroth_da_hunter
Aug 10, 2003, 12:25 AM
Now that I think about it, I hated Xenogears. That game was too slow. After like the first battle I stopped playing because it wasnt interesting like other games. FF7 was a hell lot better than Xenogears.