PDA

View Full Version : GC: Ultimate Monsters

GoreChild
Aug 10, 2003, 06:30 AM
I have a question about the monsters in ultimate. Why the hell did they change what they look like? Most of them look crap! And also, why do special guns never get dropped? My mate uses a high level RAmar, and when he does single mode, if a special weapon is dropped, it's either a blade or a force weapon, nine times out of ten a blade, and most likely a duplicate one.

clance
Aug 10, 2003, 06:44 AM
Well, it would be a bit boring if they looked the same AAAAAAAAALL the time so, sega made a change its almost like they've evolved, got smarter, quicker, stronger etc. And it depends on your section ID wether or not they will drop guns, if you want guns go for a purpelnum.

Dragon_Ash
Aug 10, 2003, 10:59 AM
Hmm I think the monsters look even uglier than the ones in normal, hard, v-hard.
Bartles and barbles look bigger and dumber, tollaws look like giant roaches with skewer arms, el rappies look like a cross between a chocobo and a parrot.
Vulmers just look so ugly and do they have to hiss like cats?
And Melqueek, what kind of a name is that? It appears he is the only enemy with visible a neck.
Arlans and meraln have no feet, they walk/run on pin-points, plus their arms anre not attached to their bodies.
Oh and Del-D why does he dance? And it has wierd feet.
I think that's pretty fargone for looks, at least they sound the same

Lucas2k4
Aug 10, 2003, 11:03 AM
I think they are cool. Now that I started a new character I hate those Boomas.

Dragon_Ash
Aug 10, 2003, 11:09 AM
Don't get me started on those purple eyed freaks, how many I had to kill to reach ultimate mode...all the time you just see them pop out of the ground, put their arms up in the air, roar get hit with a twin brand combo and die screaming.

Para
Aug 10, 2003, 11:41 AM
On 2003-08-10 04:30, GoreChild wrote:

I have a question about the monsters in ultimate. Why the hell did they change what they look like? Most of them look crap! And also, why do special guns never get dropped? My mate uses a high level RAmar, and when he does single mode, if a special weapon is dropped, it's either a blade or a force weapon, nine times out of ten a blade, and most likely a duplicate one.

first of all, i didnt mind the change.. i thought the change gave ultimate the idea of Ultimate XD Big bad monsters running around trying to slap you.

As for duplicate items, maybe your sectionID is the reason why you are getting those non ranger weapons http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dragon_Ash
Aug 10, 2003, 03:49 PM
They're not so tough at level 121, not even on seabed

Ghaleon
Aug 10, 2003, 06:35 PM
actually i like the way they look

vegeta000110
Aug 10, 2003, 07:53 PM
I'd say that they made the mons look different (most of them) is by the time you get to ult., you wonder how they can survive so much. Example: Mothverts have like 1200-1500 HP. Wouldn't it be very wierd if they were still those puny little Mothmants? Yes, some of them (like Mothvist) are quite pointless, but you get the idea.

GoreChild
Aug 11, 2003, 07:15 PM
I would like to apologise for starting this topic. it wasn't, in fact, me who started it. It was my friend. He is really sore about not having found any special guns during our time in Ultimate.
Also, about the new Ultimate badguys, i think they are actually ok, aswell. Apart from the Melqueeks!
But anyway, I'm sorry for this topic, and will try to keep my friend away from my PC, and stop him clogging up the forums with senseless babble!

Alex_Black
Aug 15, 2003, 07:14 PM
The only thing i want to know about the monsters in ultimate is, which quest do you find the most tollaws in? i saw a faq for it once, but can't find it anymore, so any help would be appreciated http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Bit
Aug 15, 2003, 07:34 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=654

Soul of a Blacksmith. Enemy Counts for Tier 3 above.

Edit: This applies if you are Offline, Only.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bit on 2003-08-15 18:08 ]</font>

Alex_Black
Aug 17, 2003, 05:19 PM
that's good because i can't go online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PABLOparavida
Aug 17, 2003, 05:31 PM
The monsters look so much better then on v.hard hard and normal.

monkeyfist
Aug 17, 2003, 05:33 PM
i like ult monsters better

VolOpt2003
Aug 17, 2003, 07:38 PM
Ult VolOPt doesnt really look like a robot

GoreChild
Aug 29, 2003, 11:08 AM
I actually prefer VolOpt ver.2 in Ultimate. It looks kind of like it is so hi-tech that it doesn't look like a robot. Fun to fight, aswell!

Sagasu
Sep 8, 2003, 06:34 PM
Vol Opt. Version 9.0, reminds me of AOL, just gets bigger and more annoying.

Its a pain for a force, his risitances skyrocket, so it takes you a while to kill him. Untill you get to a higher level.

The game itself is highly reppititious, the main reason for chhanging the way they look is to provide a different feel of when you are playing. As to make it so the monotinous training is more bearable.

_Sinue_
Sep 8, 2003, 11:41 PM
If the reason for changing things around in Ultimate was to break the tedium.. then why didn't they change the look of the levels and monsters in Ep II Ultimate?

The only reason why Episode I Ultimate has different monsters and different level textures is because Sega needed a bit of a selling point to push v.2 onto Dreamcast users who were already entranced by v.1 and had been playing it for awhile already. Since Ep I of the NGC version is basically a direct port of Dreamcast v.2, the new textures and monsters were added. Ep II is an entirely new chapter, thus, they didn't bother mixing things up in Ult.

It's just a marketing holdover from Dreamcast v.2.. nothing more.