PDA

View Full Version : Noob experiances (Why We HATE Em)

Bradicus
Aug 10, 2003, 09:38 AM
-Whats a moon atomizer?
they ask as your corpse is stomped by several evil sharks (on which they are using Zonde)
-oh oh a red one, MINE MINE MINE!!!
they yell as you fend off an army of gigoboomas and wolves
-can have a spread needle can i have a spread needle can i...
Apparently this is on their instnt chat feature
-Umm ya... i wanted to ask you... what is this "challenge" mode???
they say after five min into the game

these are just a few reasons that I hate noobs, but what about you guys?

monkeyfist
Aug 10, 2003, 10:26 AM
here here. i say they should a)get at least one char to lvl 20 so they actually know whats going on b)there should be a n00b level of c-mode c)im setting my instant chat to "STFU NOOB!!!"

Bradicus
Aug 10, 2003, 11:05 AM
Ah so true friend... And the worst thing is that Noobs reach a point where they know how to use the glitches and yet not the consequences of their actions. THEN they think they are god because the have a level five with maxed stats!

no respect no respect at all!!

_J
Aug 10, 2003, 11:08 AM
They are annoying on C mode...*has ended up with shit teams lately*

Bradicus
Aug 10, 2003, 12:09 PM
Shit teams? is there any other kind these days? Its all either incompitant yung uns or "know it all" adults.

I am starting to believe that americans ARE horrible cmode partners (no to offend but to inform)

_J
Aug 10, 2003, 12:14 PM
Shit teams? is there any other kind these days? Its all either incompitant yung uns or "know it all" adults.

I am starting to believe that americans ARE horrible cmode partners (no to offend but to inform)

Every "E" player that I have done C mode with, is just not good. I'm not great, but I'm okay. Then you have the "J" players, now they are talented at C mode. I often change my language setting so I can get away from American C mode players and play with Japanese players - because they are simply better.

monkeyfist
Aug 10, 2003, 01:16 PM
i just stay away from c-mode right now (my times: C1=16:47 and thats it) until i actually what to do so i dont look like an ass to the team. its nice playing with japanese players. they are very friendly and know what they're doing

Bradicus
Aug 10, 2003, 01:24 PM
Music to my ears, my best with three of my closest friends was almost twice what i got playing with a few pro japanese players

Still... aren't we getting a little off topic?
Remember noobs are the devil!!!

AUTO_
Aug 10, 2003, 02:36 PM
There's plenty of good "E" C-mode junkies, you just need to know where to look.

Japanese know that American players tend to be on the crappy side (making "JP ONLY" games), and generally aren't to kind to American C-moders unless you show them you're not a complete downer when you join their game.

anyways...

On Topic:

I hate when noobs join reserved battle games.

monkeyfist
Aug 10, 2003, 02:52 PM
i hate lvl 1 n00bs w/bkb's and max stats.

Bradicus
Aug 10, 2003, 05:08 PM
On 2003-08-10 12:36, AUTO_ wrote:
There's plenty of good "E" C-mode junkies, you just need to know where to look.

Japanese know that American players tend to be on the crappy side (making "JP ONLY" games), and generally aren't to kind to American C-moders unless you show them you're not a complete downer when you join their game.

anyways...

On Topic:

I hate when noobs join reserved battle games.

At times like that, it pays to be able to say that you are not American (Hail Canadia). Sometimes anyway...

You would be surprized how many Americans are prejudiced against us Canucks. Usually i just call them a "Dumb Noob yanky" and leave. Once again, not to offend but to inform.

xHIGHONLIFEx
Aug 10, 2003, 05:13 PM
Me and 2 of my cousins play offline and my cousin's friend wanted to play with us too... He had a lvl 10 RAmar and my and my cousins were all in the range of 10-15 with our 4th characters we made together, so we let him play.... The idiot only uses weak attack with his handgun... We ask him why don't you use Heavy attack??? and he replies, "You can't combo with heavy attack..."

Gestiv
Aug 10, 2003, 05:20 PM
Heh... I'm part-Canadian. Go me! I don't know what the widespread Canadian prejudice is or why it started, but I've seen it in action. Usually when I tell people I'm part French-Canadian they stop it... It's hard to insult someone behind their back when they are right next to you and they happen to be one of your friends. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And by saying "dumb noob yanky", you yourself are becoming as bad as them bcause A.) You spelled Yankee wrong 2.) The only Americans that are Yankees are from NY (I learned that when I went to VA... I'm from MA and they explained it to us) 3.) We were all noobs once, which is something to keep in mind 4.) By calling them "dumb noob" you're lowering yourself to their level (e.g. insulting someone you feel is lower than you). Don't hate, just ignore. That's what I do... besides, there are a few decent noobs out there. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

...Where's the love?

Bradicus
Aug 10, 2003, 05:36 PM
You are certainly more enlightened than i. I spelled yankee wrong the first time and got yelled at for it, so i guess i just continued for fun. I see your point about "beeing as bad as them" and i will try to hold my toung... er... button. good on you.

As for the noobs, I owned the game long before onlne became available for me, so i got rid of most of my Noobiness. Perhaps it would be better if everyone told there skill level to start off with. I actually enjoy helping out the less experianced BUT NOT IN CMODE

A07
Aug 10, 2003, 08:24 PM
yeah that cmode newb stuff is a hassle.. most of the newbie experiences i had was when i would goto the vega servers to meet up with people... entering the lobby you would get flooded messages about wanting duped satos, BKBS, j-swords... but the STUPIDest noob i saw was in antares 8 that said "I saw a saint rappy yesterday and got a mag cell". couldnt tell whether they were serious or not though

Bradicus
Aug 10, 2003, 10:52 PM
*GASP*

Come right this way sir, let me buy you a cup of coco. cases of noob stupity like THAT can be traumatic (did i spell this right... didnt think so).

Aurra
Aug 10, 2003, 10:58 PM
Real newbies are cool, but annoying "n00bs" (which are newbies who are basically posers and pretend to know about the game) bug the hell out of me

Bradicus
Aug 10, 2003, 11:21 PM
Ahh, now someone is getting philisophical. I certainly agree. Just taking the time to teach someone who is not an item snatcher or a total freak is actually quite rewarding. Plus its is fun to give them vast amounts of meseta for grinders or materials because most dont know that it isnt worth a damn.

Raziel_Kai
Aug 10, 2003, 11:23 PM
The worst n00bs are the ones who join up in Cmode teams and basically screw up a normally fun game with their antics.

"Can I have a gun?"
"How long does it take to get an SRANK?"
"... blah blah blah -four lines of spam- blah blah... "
"lol" <every five seconds>

But I also agree on the lvl 1~10s with BKBs and maxed out stats.

<and btw, anyone need an experienced Cmode player, PM me>

Bradicus
Aug 10, 2003, 11:34 PM
Oh spam... why didst thou have to be created. I mean i type double index style (i use like four fingers) and i dont feel the need to turn six letter words into three letter shortforms

Ghaa these kids today with their slang and their hippin and their hoppin....... *goes on for a god ten minutes then puts false teeth back in cup and continues rocking*

Morfos
Aug 11, 2003, 12:37 AM
I hate it when HUmars pick up all the force items in challenge mode when Im using a FOnewearl.

I like newbies, I don't like it when they pose as experienced players. Its also sick when people bash newbies just because they are "new" and not too good at the game.

Bradicus
Aug 11, 2003, 01:09 AM
Hmmm... perhaps a new name should be made for those newbies who actually admit their lack of skill and are willing to learn.... Any suggestions?

Firocket1690
Aug 11, 2003, 04:09 AM
On 2003-08-10 10:09, Bradicus wrote:

Very True.

_J
Aug 11, 2003, 11:41 AM
They do suck, but the thing is, we all started out as newbies...@_@

_Sinue_
Aug 11, 2003, 01:09 PM
They serve their purpose. I like finding beggars in the lobbies and telling them I have what they want with %'s even better than the common mass dupe. I'll give it to em - IF - they can beat Cmode 1 & 2. Doesn't matter that I don't have the goods to back it up.. they usually never survive C1. At which point I mock them endlessly for dying twice in FOREST 1! I tend to play seriously too.. helping them out.. TRYING to keep them alive, telling them what to do, and trying to get a time under 15 mins. It just doesn't happen.. and if they do happen to survive the Dragon - C2 weeds the rest of them out.

I'm not great at Cmode - but I'm competant enough to earn an Srank with a time of about 6 hours. Then again.. you don't see me joining TA games either. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Reece
Aug 11, 2003, 03:01 PM
I hate level 20-80 people that think they Are So good. about level 100 you arn't a noob but still not an expert.

Bradicus
Aug 11, 2003, 05:29 PM
Ah so true, but dont forget that even the best make new characters every now and again!

Firocket1690
Aug 13, 2003, 08:51 AM
On 2003-08-11 11:09, _Sinue_ wrote:
They serve their purpose. I like finding beggars in the lobbies and telling them I have what they want with %'s even better than the common mass dupe. I'll give it to em - IF - they can beat Cmode 1 & 2. Doesn't matter that I don't have the goods to back it up.. they usually never survive C1. At which point I mock them endlessly for dying twice in FOREST 1! I tend to play seriously too.. helping them out.. TRYING to keep them alive, telling them what to do, and trying to get a time under 15 mins. It just doesn't happen.. and if they do happen to survive the Dragon - C2 weeds the rest of them out.

I'm not great at Cmode - but I'm competant enough to earn an Srank with a time of about 6 hours. Then again.. you don't see me joining TA games either. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

not really, as the new quest came out with the new and improved mass dupe - the 0/100/100/100 BKB
100/0/100/100 guld/Milla
and then the ever popular TJS

and add to the first post:
HUmars with bkbs in "FO melee" battles

the unidentifyable language of n00b
Ex: 1 P// // j00 w1+ //4 M4 BKB
1 1$ +3l-l Ub3R R0XX0RZ

the popular N00B symbol chat

Edit: more ideas !11

the RAcast hogging all the di/trifluids

the bitchy HUmar in "NEED" of his s/d

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2003-08-13 07:07 ]</font>

Raziel_Kai
Aug 13, 2003, 08:56 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

p]-[34r /VA n00[3n355

Firocket1690
Aug 13, 2003, 09:05 AM
aaahhhh !!111 my eyes !!!11

Zuna
Aug 13, 2003, 09:44 AM
newbies are annoying sometimes as they dont know many things and of coz they feel free to ask you experts so actually you should feel happy and help them out, dont forget we were once newbies too..

Why dont think about those ppl who just come in to the game and say 'any free items?" "I need xxxx (an item name"... they are REAL annoying, even more annoying then newbies questions, no?

Firocket1690
Aug 13, 2003, 10:20 AM
On 2003-08-13 07:44, Zuna wrote:
newbies are annoying sometimes as they dont know many things and of coz they feel free to ask you experts so actually you should feel happy and help them out, dont forget we were once newbies too..

this part is quite true, I love helping out "newbies"
http://pso-world.com/viewarticles.php?aid=3
this was a powerful influence on me...
I purposely keep a bunch of "newbie" stuff to give out to newbies on another char
(L10-15techs, lvl 100 mags, 4S armors, decent 5*-7*weapons)
nine stars go to the salvation army
if the newbie isn't spoiled, and is drawn into the game in a nice way, (s)he will have a very nice expierence playing PSO

Why dont think about those ppl who just come in to the game and say 'any free items?" "I need xxxx (an item name"... they are REAL annoying, even more annoying then newbies questions, no?

"xxxx" usually refers to an item he saw someone else use
Ex: bkb, guld milla, TJS, PWand, SNeedle, Sato ... etc
then when the said user DOES get what he wants, this usually spoils the person and draws him to get more dupes and start hunting for more 'power'
when (s)he does more stuff, (s)he will usually grow tired of PSO quickly. unless (s)he would like to pay to show off weapons, stuff, mess around ...etc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2003-08-13 08:21 ]</font>

Bradicus
Aug 13, 2003, 05:35 PM
Wow... i have no comment. You guys seem to feel the exact same about noobs as i do... too bad, i wanted to laugh at/with someone.

by the way, if the noobs wants his spread needle, he will unfortunately find some duper to give him one
-_-

DaRpA_ChIeF
Aug 14, 2003, 05:43 AM
Tip for n00bs:
Start on single player mode PLZ!!

Then use 4 player split-screen and ask your friends in the room with you or just get a God forsaken strategy guide if you are so pathetic that u need one...(to get through the game)

Go on n00b serverz!!

Firocket1690
Aug 15, 2003, 06:15 AM
On 2003-08-14 03:43, DaRpA_ChIeF wrote:

Go on n00b serverz!!

yepp http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Vega is ALWAYS full http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Valleo
Aug 15, 2003, 09:38 AM
Whoever said that at level 100 your not a n00b anymore.... well, ive played with level 150 n00bs. Yesterday, a friend and I were waiting in a c9 game for teammates, and lo and behold we get the message "Trunks is joining the game. Please wait." Oh boy were we excited. And yes he was a level 150 HUmar. I wont go into details but suffice it to say that halfway through the game he tells us "AFK, BRB" and leaves us with half that stage before coming back. Great.... Remember, it doesnt take skill to play PSO and hit insane levels, it takes skill to play the game PROPERLY.

Firocket1690
Aug 15, 2003, 10:59 AM
On 2003-08-15 07:38, Valleo wrote:
Whoever said that at level 100 your not a n00b anymore.... well, ive played with level 150 n00bs. Yesterday, a friend and I were waiting in a c9 game for teammates, and lo and behold we get the message "Trunks is joining the game. Please wait." Oh boy were we excited. And yes he was a level 150 HUmar. I wont go into details but suffice it to say that halfway through the game he tells us "AFK, BRB" and leaves us with half that stage before coming back. Great.... Remember, it doesnt take skill to play PSO and hit insane levels, it takes skill to play the game PROPERLY.

noooo I meant I gave away lvl 100 MAGS !! not 100 lvls ...
lvls need to be earned, a mag can be used to easily twink a newbie, while not giving them a all-out advantage

Valleo
Aug 15, 2003, 11:35 AM
Sorry, that level 100 thing was in response to Reese's comments not yours http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif .

Reece
Aug 15, 2003, 03:02 PM
ReeCe lol. Naw I know what you mean. When you are level 100 you still are a n00b. 3 days in a row I got someone at level 125 Talkin in caps saying OMFG YOU JUST TOOKS TEHS RED BOXY YOU MEAN N00B I SAWS IT F1RST!!! Even though I am legit and he is using a TJ. They also are Retards I saw. brt. WTF DOES BRT MEAN!!! and when you say how much exp till you level up you will get a response like this "WAHT IS DAT! I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU!!!! Then they will leave for the boss with out you and say "I DONT WANT A N00B SCREWING ME UPP I CAN DO TH1S ALONE N00B! I hate n00bs SO MUCH! lol

Valleo
Aug 15, 2003, 03:10 PM
Pfft. Thats nothing. 2 days ago I was doing an Ult caves run with 2 other guys, a level 170 something RAcast and a level 110 or so HUmar. Anyways, the HUmar gets paralysed by a lilly and just stands there for about 10 seconds doing nothing. So I drop him an antiparalysis. He picks it up, but still nothing. Still paralysed. Then he types "SOL ATOMISER PLZ". So I write back, "I dropped u an antiparal", to which he responds "IT DOESNT WORK". The RAcast turns and says, "dude it does try it again" and then "fukkin noob". I guess you really do learn something new everyday.

Bradicus
Aug 15, 2003, 05:44 PM
An antiparlisis can cure paralisis?!? Whod a thunk it???

Wow that is painful stupidity right there!

Rudoku
Aug 15, 2003, 07:35 PM
On 2003-08-15 15:44, Bradicus wrote:
An antiparlisis can cure paralisis?!? Whod a thunk it???

Wow that is painful stupidity right there!

He must've had bad experiences with Shock, and confused the two.

Feist
Aug 16, 2003, 03:09 PM
A friend of mine, in response to the growing number of stupid noobs, created a character of his own with which to give them a taste of their own medicine. He created a HUmar with black armor and a white ponytail and named it "Generic Player". He set all his shortcuts to things such as "LOL" "TY" "BRB" "U R a n00b", circumvented the game's swear filter, and pestered the REAL noobs for their sharked/hacked/duped rare items. It worked pretty well; people stopped bugging his high level FOnewm for cheated stuff.

Bradicus
Aug 16, 2003, 03:39 PM
Oh such sweet vengence!

Who is this "friend" of yours? I must find him and hail him as a god!!!

umbrella
Aug 16, 2003, 03:56 PM
I'm no noob but I came into a game a lvl one and decided to goto the ruins with some people.. so I have very little spell choices.
so when someone died and I had to reverser/moon atom he yelled at me "NOOB" "NOOBIE BOOBIE"
I hate people like that...
but don't worry now guys, I've got reverser and moon atoms, plus most lvl 30 techs! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Weif
Aug 16, 2003, 11:59 PM
*grumble* y do some peep get high leved characters when they shouldnt? i was in ultimate in caves (my fav lev) and we come to a room with 4 doors and i knew which one and i lead them thru and someone RANDOMLY left and went thru another door a few secs later he died, and i went for him but then he choose to go to city and he went to the same door and died again, this time i revieved him and then i tried to walk out the door and an ob lily hits him...so i go back and help him until its clear and leave...then he dies >:| so i grit my teeth and just help him and settle for some exp points; and when its done and he sees the dead end he turns around and we r stuck WAY behind and i missed lots of monsters -_-

man i hate being nice -_-

Symbios
Aug 17, 2003, 02:18 AM
here is what floods my screen (stupid other 3 people are always n00bs) during a cmode game:

<font size=50>Just because a weapon is strong doesn't mean it's the best. You have to pay attention to its attribute, too. > Everybody
Just because a weapon is strong doesn't mean it's the best. You have to pay attention to its attribute, too. > Everybody
Just because a weapon is strong doesn't mean it's the best. You have to pay attention to its attribute, too. > Everybody </font>

then nobody can see and one of the n00bs die on falz while doping this, while i keep saying "dear god dc plz dont drag everyone down with you!" *5 seconds pass* "WTF GET OUT DAMMIT!!!" *1 second after that "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Symbios on 2003-08-17 00:21 ]</font>

Feist
Aug 17, 2003, 04:33 AM
On 2003-08-16 13:39, Bradicus wrote:
Oh such sweet vengence!

Who is this "friend" of yours? I must find him and hail him as a god!!!

Name was Forest Oni. I'm not sure if he's still online or not; it's been a few months since I saw him last. College life has him pretty busy nowadays.

Bradicus
Aug 17, 2003, 03:56 PM
Too bad... now i gotta find a new god.