PDA

View Full Version : sissiest class

monkeyfist
Aug 10, 2003, 06:30 PM
post what you think it the sissiest, ninniest, wussiest class of them all and why

example

For me, rangers because they are only long range and dont get into the action

Ghaleon
Aug 10, 2003, 06:39 PM
i think rangers are...they're farthest away from the heat of battle. even the forces get up in the mosters face as the rangers sit back and shoot

Dragon_Ash
Aug 10, 2003, 06:44 PM
Rangers have nice multicoloured spells http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Rangers just have lil guns that are not as colourful

OniTatsujin
Aug 10, 2003, 06:45 PM
i think none, my RAcaseal gets close, and i blow them away ^_^
Forces are cool, and mine blows things up ^_^
HUnters are the best in combat..cool looking combos ^_^

Neo_Squall105
Aug 10, 2003, 07:21 PM
OMG I'm a force, watch me shoot magic fireballs... out...of...my...magic...stick. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neo_Squall105 on 2003-08-10 17:23 ]</font>

Quo
Aug 10, 2003, 11:57 PM
Rangers are all cowards. Stand back and shoot. Never take a hit. Run away if the enemy gets too close. Unless they use a saber and then the player is just and idiot.

Quo
Aug 10, 2003, 11:58 PM
I think rangers were added just so gun fanatics would buy the game.

OniTatsujin
Aug 11, 2003, 12:00 AM
thats why they invented RAcaseals, you can actually take a -hit-

Kent
Aug 11, 2003, 12:15 AM
Rangers.

No explanation necessary.

Obscenity
Aug 11, 2003, 12:37 AM
On 2003-08-10 17:21, Neo_Squall105 wrote:
OMG I'm a force, watch me shoot magic fireballs... out...of...my...magic...stick. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neo_Squall105 on 2003-08-10 17:23 ]</font>

Hahahahaha

Don't forget the little tinkerbell FOnewm, who kicks his leg up like a pelican or something when he casts.

joluh
Aug 11, 2003, 12:44 AM
I've try all of the characters and i'd say Rangers... like the creator of the pool said

uh yeah the way the FOnewms cast their spells are just funny XD

EvilNixon666
Aug 11, 2003, 01:11 AM
My level 128 Ramar has no problem in melee combat. He doesn't always use guns, and his def is much better than a FO's.

Any weakness is in the player, not the class.

TN_Exodus
Aug 11, 2003, 01:23 AM
thats true, and in battle mode rangers have advantage to take you out in a few hits from a distance before you get a chance to even get close to hitting...

tornado216
Aug 11, 2003, 01:26 AM
Rangers no doubt. All they have to do is shoot, and if the enemies get close, move away and shoot more. I used to absoluetly hate rangers when I was lower leveled becuase high level ones would always go to normal games and kill all the enemies before anyone else could even touch them.

silvermax
Aug 11, 2003, 01:33 AM
"and if the enemies get close, move away and shoot more."

i thought the point of the game was to not GET HIT.....

if you think the rangers are wusses.. then you are very shallow in your thinking....

Neverwinter
Aug 11, 2003, 02:26 AM
Think of it for a moment, there is no wussy class...they stay back because the player chooses the life of ranged-combat, my RAcaseal uses gus, but often goes into melee combat. You cant make a wussy class because you only think this because you have seen players use their Rangers in this fashion.

Reenee
Aug 11, 2003, 02:27 AM
HUmars and HUcasts. I got nothing against the others.

shifter
Aug 11, 2003, 08:29 AM
as stated earlier, its the person controling the chars. who is a wuss. my racast can take a beating like any hunter, and can melee with weapons as well. you cant just say the ranger class in general is weak because they choose to sit back and fire. if anything, rangers are like a second support group to hunters, picking off and severly weakening enemies so the hunters wont take as much damage.

darthsaber9x9
Aug 11, 2003, 04:20 PM
yeh i agree with shifter! us rangers take the heat off your precious and macho hunters. plus in ultimate (at reasonable levels) rangers have the advantage with using power at a distance. and i vote FOnewm as sissiest http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

clance
Aug 11, 2003, 04:25 PM
Yes maybe but RAcast if given a good close range wep like kaladbolg (im offline so thats good for me) and he's just as good as HUcaseal and HUnewearl maybe even better!

OniTatsujin
Aug 11, 2003, 04:39 PM
NO CLASS IS THE SISSIEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man, the nerve, its the player...

Quo
Aug 11, 2003, 04:46 PM
"and if the enemies get close, move away and shoot more."

i thought the point of the game was to not GET HIT.....

if you think the rangers are wusses.. then you are very shallow in your thinking....

If the point of the game was to not get hit, no one would play the game or everyone would stay on pioneer 2. The point of the game is to slay many foes and no one does that better than a hunter. And rangers who fight melee style are flat out stupid. If you're gonna get close up use a goddamn hunter. No ranger with a saber will be more powerful than a hunter at approx. the same level, and they will have less HP and DFP and will therefore suck. Rangers are either cowardly cheapskates or brave weak fools.

darthsaber9x9
Aug 11, 2003, 04:59 PM
im sorry but rangers have one huge advantage over hunters when going melee-ATA. sure swinging at a monster is nice but hitting it is even better.and its easier to increase atp than ata. Honestly, only the HUcaseal can really be relied on to hit without a dex mag. IMO neway

Ketchup345
Aug 16, 2003, 10:35 AM
Hunters:
As someone's sig says:
How many FOrces doesa it take to replace a lightbulb?
Answer: 1
How many HUnters does it take to replace a lightbulb?
Answer: 3 and 1 Force to cast Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure

(Sorry to whoever this sig belongs to.)

Obscenity
Aug 16, 2003, 11:44 AM
Hunters may be the sissiest class, but since Forces are the easiest to play later in the game, that would make people who use them the sissiest players. =D

DualHydra
Aug 16, 2003, 12:07 PM
forces are wussies. they cast magic to stay away from the giant el rappies.

Naagata_Clan
Aug 16, 2003, 12:16 PM
On 2003-08-16 10:07, Tidus_415 wrote:

BAH! BAH I say! BS we do! Not all of us! Just J/Z the bastards then give them a beat-down with my Caduceus! Anyways, all classes can be wusses depending on the player. I've seen some wussy hunters, refusing to go into combat because they aren't S/D, and the enemies aren't J/Z. And they sit there waiting for you to do those spells. Rangers can be wussy because they like going into difficulties that are too low for them, then be XP hogs. Or they just run in and out of the door, popping off shots. Forces can be wussies by running around, and hiding behind their teammates, and casting from a distance, while only worrying about themselves, not paying attention to the team.

Classes aren't wussy, it's the players that are wussies...

mimicr
Aug 16, 2003, 12:32 PM
On 2003-08-16 10:16, Naagata_Clan wrote:

BAH! BAH I say! BS we do! Not all of us! Just J/Z the bastards then give them a beat-down with my Caduceus! Anyways, all classes can be wusses depending on the player. I've seen some wussy hunters, refusing to go into combat because they aren't S/D, and the enemies aren't J/Z. And they sit there waiting for you to do those spells. Rangers can be wussy because they like going into difficulties that are too low for them, then be XP hogs. Or they just run in and out of the door, popping off shots. Forces can be wussies by running around, and hiding behind their teammates, and casting from a distance, while only worrying about themselves, not paying attention to the team.

Classes aren't wussy, it's the players that are wussies...

I agree

Temjin-On
Aug 16, 2003, 12:44 PM
Dont Call Forces Wussies, becuase forces get treated as Resta/Shifta/Deband/Anti Bitches online period. Forces at higher levels with better spells can and will beat up on hunters no doubt. So think of it this way, online without forces, you weak ass HUmars and Rangers would have no way of healing fast. So dont insult the bringer of healing spells.

Shattered_weasel
Aug 16, 2003, 12:54 PM
none

RaikoStormX
Aug 16, 2003, 01:20 PM
all characters have their ups and downs. i have 1 of each char on my mem card, so when i get bored of char, i play wit the other. all r good if u master them.

Obscenity
Aug 16, 2003, 01:24 PM
On 2003-08-16 10:44, Temjin-On wrote:
Dont Call Forces Wussies, becuase forces get treated as Resta/Shifta/Deband/Anti Bitches online period. Forces at higher levels with better spells can and will beat up on hunters no doubt. So think of it this way, online without forces, you weak ass HUmars and Rangers would have no way of healing fast. So dont insult the bringer of healing spells.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I look for games without Forces, as the people who play them tend to have an over-inflated sense of self-importance. Forces aren't needed by anyone who plays well.

s.TiNgEr
Aug 16, 2003, 01:29 PM
Rangers are. Thats why i use them

LoreSeeker
Aug 16, 2003, 01:52 PM
My RAmar isn't much of a wuss anymore, now that he has 1100+ HP. Play offline solo as a ranger sometime, it's kinda difficult. Especially around Ult Ruins.

Forces seem kinda wussy to me. I don't really mind them being wussy though, especially when they save my ass from that huge monster thingy comin' up behind me. Or when they cast Resta on me as I'm running out of HP. And I know you hunters love us rangers when the Indi Belras are about to shoot you and then we freeze them.

DualHydra
Aug 16, 2003, 01:56 PM
On 2003-08-16 10:44, Temjin-On wrote:

ha. give me the attribute set with 3 perfect resists and 1 god battle. any force would be pwned by my HUnewearl.

flueggy
Aug 16, 2003, 02:13 PM
i like all classes of course im a racast but i still like everybody else besides i never move if an enemy is in front of me all i do is set a trap and bam

Dbc
Aug 16, 2003, 07:32 PM
I will pick none, every class is a wuss

Last_Survivor
Aug 16, 2003, 07:41 PM
The people are all wussies, the boomas, now theres courage.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PABLOparavida
Aug 16, 2003, 08:39 PM
i like forces I don't like hunter's though

Ninpo_Tamashii
Aug 16, 2003, 09:06 PM
On 2003-08-16 11:56, Tidus_415 wrote:

ha. give me the attribute set with 3 perfect resists and 1 god battle. any force would be pwned by my HUnewearl.

You know..I hate to stoop to this level.., but you know what...As much as you think you're tight and all..there's a reason why FOrces are BANNED from most battle mode scenerios..., if you can't figure out why you dont' deserve a brain to conjure up the electric impulses to use a game controller, let alone figure out how to write your name on a peice of paper. There are weaknesses in each class..., from the strongest Hunter, to the Weakest Force, each class has its strengths and weaknesses. Only those with closed minds are blind to see them in each class. I get tired of seeing people bash on FOrces who probly never even used them. And i get tired of seeing people bash on rangers. I have never used a ranger more than 40 levels in my PSO career, but i've seen them fight, I'm freinds with most of them "racaseals mostly cus they are so adorable ^_^" But to be honest I will say what a few others have..and these who say this seem to be the only ones with at least a string of wisdom. and that's "There is no weak class, there are only weak players" If you lack the brain power, commonsense, to find out the strengths and weaknsess in another class, or if you are jsut too ignorant too, you just need to stop playing, or shut up..cus you DON'T know what you're talking about. So to awnser this poll, there needs to be zero's straight down. Mah ten cents

DualHydra
Aug 16, 2003, 09:45 PM
On 2003-08-16 19:06, Ninpo_Tamashii wrote:

On 2003-08-16 11:56, Tidus_415 wrote:

You know..I hate to stoop to this level.., but you know what...As much as you think you're tight and all..there's a reason why FOrces are BANNED from most battle mode scenerios..., if you can't figure out why you dont' deserve a brain to conjure up the electric impulses to use a game controller, let alone figure out how to write your name on a peice of paper. There are weaknesses in each class..., from the strongest Hunter, to the Weakest Force, each class has its strengths and weaknesses. Only those with closed minds are blind to see them in each class. I get tired of seeing people bash on FOrces who probly never even used them. And i get tired of seeing people bash on rangers. I have never used a ranger more than 40 levels in my PSO career, but i've seen them fight, I'm freinds with most of them "racaseals mostly cus they are so adorable ^_^" But to be honest I will say what a few others have..and these who say this seem to be the only ones with at least a string of wisdom. and that's "There is no weak class, there are only weak players" If you lack the brain power, commonsense, to find out the strengths and weaknsess in another class, or if you are jsut too ignorant too, you just need to stop playing, or shut up..cus you DON'T know what you're talking about. So to awnser this poll, there needs to be zero's straight down. Mah ten cents

im not trying to say forces are weak. im trying to say they arent "GOD" as people would say and nobody needs forces to play this game. you guys think ya are the best because your techs give a little bit of a boost. but no that little boost you give us hunters/rangers aint nothing. i just do 1 extra combo and thats it no need for a stupid boost. yes forces can be taken down in battle. people that say forces are banned from battle are weak players as you might say. for me i can take down ANY force with ANY Rule. just get me a sexy big breasted HUnewearl and im good.

BablerMouth
Aug 16, 2003, 09:49 PM
What i hate ? , it that, every kinda, take humar, even if it the best, the fun in tha game is the challenge right ? Even if ranger get they're ass wooping quickly, they do lot less miss, especially in ultimate, where u only see miss miss miss with hunter ( xept hucaseal who has better ata), while your hiting a monster, he can't hit you, so if you do a miss you get screwed. I have nothing about wussy ppl, i rather more having a band of newb wussy ppl behind me than an egoist hunter who think hes da best just cause hes an hunter.

Don't forget that, when you choose your class, hunter are marked as : beginner class. i have nothing against hunter, but something again hunter who just think they own everyone.

thank you

Ninpo_Tamashii
Aug 16, 2003, 09:55 PM
I wont' get in an ego battle..say what you say.., just remember, no class is better than any other class..., there's a game element called balance that sonic team who made the characters kept in mind. There is also skill-of-the-player to keep in mind, so if you feel like you have enough say what you say, but leave the class issue alone..

DualHydra
Aug 16, 2003, 10:07 PM
yes all classes are balenced. its just that all you stupid forces better stop thinkin you are god.

Asuka_chan
Aug 17, 2003, 12:40 AM
Not all Forces think they're god. it's the Hunters who whine and complain when they don't have S/D and J/Z on the ememies. Now, not all Hunters are like that. You get a variety of people in every class. But honestly, Forces are very good characters. When Hunters need weapons to fight, a Force can kick ass without one. Think about that.

Dgo
Aug 17, 2003, 01:06 AM
Quit hatein on rangers dam it i've played with hu's all my pso life it wasn't until i made ranger that pso became fun fun fun.Also i'm at my best with my ranger,but for a wuss class i would have to say those dam humars i mean come on what kinda self respecting hu kicks his leg up like a girlyman when he casts a spell.Hmmm seems to me he has alittle sugar in his tank looks like he been hangin around the fonewm to much.

Neoluke12
Aug 17, 2003, 04:02 AM
Rangers they dont do any damage in caves here goes the three hit combo 0 0 1

Salvashion
Aug 17, 2003, 04:07 AM
rofl... how the hell could u vote hunters. hunters are right up in the action just slashing everyone up. to me its rangers. most definitely not forces cuz altough i would never use one im glad people do use them for healing and helping out with their powerful spells.

DualHydra
Aug 17, 2003, 01:10 PM
silly forces megid is for sissies that dont wanna get hurt.

Dgo
Aug 17, 2003, 01:26 PM
On 2003-08-17 02:02, Neoluke12 wrote:

yeah they do that damage with a store bought hand gun in ult caves,but if you follow the guide on psow the max stats your ranger will be able to handle their on.Thats what i did and my ranger has no problems at all,so don't see one weak ranger and think that they are all weak.

Joe-Azlin
Aug 17, 2003, 01:47 PM
rangers are a bunch of wimps . . . . i cant really explain why but yea i think ou of them all they would lose in a fight or something

MarkIII
Aug 17, 2003, 02:39 PM
i can't believe u people are disin rangers! forces are the chickens. are u sayin rangers are crap jus because they have a cool gun. don't be rediculas!!!!! i'm goin out to kill someone now...

Dgo
Aug 17, 2003, 03:18 PM
Fo's have it easy if they have hunters support other wise they have a tough time in places like the ruins i mean going solo,and most hunters get raped down their solo unless your and walking trash can oops a robot.(At times not even traps can help you ever where)us rangers don't have much trouble going any where the only thing stopin us is low hp,but if you have a gun like frozens@#$%^& lol the enemy won't make close enough to hit us better yet a snow queen now whole groups of enemys stoped dead in their tracks.

Symbios
Aug 17, 2003, 04:14 PM

no they are not. depends on what type of force you wish to be. You could be one of those buff forces that become even more buff from your level 30 sd and jz, or you could be one of those wussies that use rafoie once and then get the exp for no reason. I keep myself as a more balanced character and I go hand to hand with my character (a FOrce) more than I thought i would. FOrces can be devestating turning their job as a FOrce into a HU. Most of the wussies that give their FOmars 250 mind mats are just mostly people who like to pwn in normal by killing everything in one hit. But vh and higher they will suck serious ass. It all depends on what materials, techs, weapons and armor you give them.

MAGMan
Aug 17, 2003, 08:33 PM
Dude,Forces are tight.I belive Rangers are.All they do is fire their guns and stay away from battle.Forces actually use magic and they can use guns and swords.So if I had to vote I'd say it was Rangers.

Dgo
Aug 17, 2003, 09:05 PM
On 2003-08-17 18:33, MAGMan wrote:
Dude,Forces are tight.I belive Rangers are.All they do is fire their guns and stay away from battle.Forces actually use magic and they can use guns and swords.So if I had to vote I'd say it was Rangers.

Hmmm i've never seen a fo using a sword,and if you use a gun then your trying to copy the class your trying to hate on....

Heero_Yuy0w0
Aug 17, 2003, 09:21 PM
The whole point of the game is to survive. Besides out of all of you who says rangers cause they stay back how many of you actually have a hunter/force who has never used a handgun at all for anything? Cause if u do u're no better then a ranger. = P.

PhoneyMcRingRing
Aug 17, 2003, 09:48 PM
hold the phone. you hunters are great and completely non-wuss-like because you have the stats and resources to do melee combat? if i had all that atp, hp, and dfp i would be in the fray as well. but alas im a "wussy" since im a ranger. half of the hunters ive played with just get down to critical health then run away and do it again. amazing skill right there.... i have a hunter yet i dont criticize rangers or forces for not being in direct combat. theyre not meant for it. some classes of them can do it and do it pretty well sometimes. but isnt it a hunter that dies more often than any class in just combat that isnt a boss fight? they just hit miss get hit and do it again until theyre all dead. while some respectable hunters dont do that, the ones who cry about the wussyness of rangers and forces generally do. is it their fault that hucast or all HU's for that matter have more atp hp and dfp? weakness and character issues are in the player, not the character. my ranger can do close combat and live unlike quite a few hunters. just because my guld milla does basically the same damage if not more than your hunter weapons, and that i can do it from a distance, doesnt make me a sissy or a wuss.

BablerMouth
Aug 17, 2003, 09:57 PM
Maybe ranger are wussies, but they are there to take down what hunter can't ! *think about canadine*
Ranger own wussies better than hunter, *point nano dragon*
take care of those pesky mine
No more blocking for del saber
Ain't needing to run after the chaos sorceror while being afraid to be froze

I'd say that, every class have they're up and down, it depend on the player's kind, some like to kill from far, some from near.

monkeyfist
Aug 18, 2003, 06:05 PM
dang, moved to fresh kills

LamerPanda
Aug 18, 2003, 06:56 PM
On 2003-08-10 21:57, Quo wrote:
Rangers are all cowards. Stand back and shoot. Never take a hit. Run away if the enemy gets too close.

Intelligent cowards, sucka. >_> We get to point and laugh when you die. GO SISSY RANGERS

The point of the game is to slay many foes and no one does that better than a hunter.

The point of the game is to enjoy yourself regardless of class. OMFG

Rangers are either cowardly cheapskates or brave weak fools.

Or they just dislike being an enemy's ho, maybe? Even TEH MIGHTY HU can get smacked down by a Booma at low levels n_n

They can also use the Frozen Shooter, if you've got decent accuracy you'll freeze almost every time and you don't *have* to do damage, you can leave it to someone else. It's also a great help for those who "actually go into the action".

Two things I'd like to point out:

1. You can't always run away.
2. There's no wussy class if you play them right.

Dangerous55
Aug 18, 2003, 09:06 PM
None, its a freaking game.

But for fun Rangers are the smartest. Why use an archaic melee weapon when there are guns. Guns that should kill any monster in one hit.