PDA

View Full Version : *growls*

Light_Angel_Maria
Aug 11, 2003, 01:16 PM
I know that this has nothing to do with anything anybodies been talking about here (and if there is, then I haven't been paying attention.) But I have to let this out so bad!

I play at a text based RPG as a normal human. Now, he lives around 7 or 8 miles out of town in the woods, alright, now keep that in mind. While he's home alone, he comes down with a serious case of appendictis, and like a miracle, someone just so happens to show up at his house with a horse and a emergency sled. Oh, and another thing to keep in mind, he has a Subaru WRX in his driveway. Well, the person finds him and is like "Oh, what's wrong?". So finally, after around an hour RPG time frame, she's like "Oh, you have appendicitis, I know this because I have a masters degree in medical school. As with a masters degree in Sword Fighting, Law and Criminal Justice." (yeah right, and her character is only what, 24!) And she just sits there, doing nothing, just looking at my character. Finally, I had to say "Look, if someone gets appendicitis, you take them to the hospital, pronto. Alright? Lets go." Finally, they get on their way and what does she do, she uses the horse to take him to the hospital, and not the freakin' car!! Now how stupid is that?! Wouldn't you use the vehicle and not the horse to take someone in a hurry?! I mean, come on! That has to be the most uncomfortable ride in the world! Then, when they get to the hospital, she yells at the receptionist, which I know is something you don't do, because from personal experiance, being patient gets you in to see the doctor alot faster, trust me....... *breaths heavily* well, that's my venting of anger... there may be more to come though...

Monomate
Aug 11, 2003, 01:27 PM
what...the...hell...

im fucking confused...ok...have fun!

kat
Aug 11, 2003, 02:07 PM
I run a text-based RPG... its amazing how often coincidence works in those things.

Don't even get me started on the 'martial arts masters of everything by the age of 12' characters people apply for.... you will get a rant out of me on that as well. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Inu_Ranma
Aug 11, 2003, 02:16 PM
I don't think that there is a master's degree in swordfighting...is there?

Light_Angel_Maria
Aug 11, 2003, 10:00 PM
Excatly! What freakin' college offers swordfighting as a masters degree, and doesn't it take at least 8 years to gain a masters medical degree? I mean, seriously, there is no one on earth that could get all of that by that age. (unless your some kind of genius, which I hardly doubt this character is *coughs*)

Aredhel
Aug 11, 2003, 10:35 PM
WTFINGHELLAREYOUTALKINGABOUT?ELABORATEPLZ

_J
Aug 12, 2003, 03:43 AM
Of course there are schools that teach fighting techniques, with or without swords. Don't be naieve.

BoUnCeR
Aug 12, 2003, 05:40 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

kat
Aug 12, 2003, 12:48 PM
not naieve.

The young man/woman that knows six martial arts techniques is an anoyoing person to RP with because they are always thinking they're the bomb, and they always seem to have a medical degree in addition to the ridiculous amount of fighting knowledge, or at least amazing training in medicine and the ability to fight like 'crouching tiger hidden dragon and Jackie chan'...

You are within your rights to blast them OOC.

_J
Aug 12, 2003, 12:55 PM
Of course it's naieve to think there are no fighting schools. I'm not saying that if they are arrogant morons, you shouldn't "flame" them. I'm just saying of course there are fighting schools - you should see the variety there are in Japan and Asia.

Gestiv
Aug 12, 2003, 01:18 PM
But the whole point of this is that they have a "masters degree" in swordfighting... even if they do have schools, why would they offer a masters degree?! Wouldn't they have some form of rank/belt to gauge your level?

_J
Aug 12, 2003, 01:32 PM
But the whole point of this is that they have a "masters degree" in swordfighting... even if they do have schools, why would they offer a masters degree?! Wouldn't they have some form of rank/belt to gauge your level?

I hardly think the name they give to various titles is important. But it does sound a little silly when you compare it to the content of most other masters.

Dime
Aug 12, 2003, 02:25 PM
Someone in here should die. And no, it's not _J.

Shattered_weasel
Aug 12, 2003, 03:21 PM
right....

_J
Aug 12, 2003, 04:16 PM
Someone in here should die. And no, it's not _J.

Keep on topic for once Dime.

kat
Aug 12, 2003, 05:08 PM
_J and company... I think you're missing the point of the rant. Unless you're in the whole creative writing rpg thing you probably don't understand exactally what she's ranting about. It's not that there aren't fighting schools, it that some 17 year old kid graduated from 3 of them or more and pulled crud out of a hat.... It's about logical story flow and realistic characters. Trust me on this one, less you're actually a member of a creative writing RPG, you might be missing the boat on this one.

_J
Aug 12, 2003, 07:47 PM
_J and company... I think you're missing the point of the rant. Unless you're in the whole creative writing rpg thing you probably don't understand exactally what she's ranting about. It's not that there aren't fighting schools, it that some 17 year old kid graduated from 3 of them or more and pulled crud out of a hat.... It's about logical story flow and realistic characters. Trust me on this one, less you're actually a member of a creative writing RPG, you might be missing the boat on this one.

I am creative, I know what "text" is, and I know RPG stands for Role Playing Game - I know exactly what you mean. To be honest, I don't see what anyone has to gain from them anyway...but yeah, I guess it would piss me off to if someone pissed on my creative works - that's why you should NEVER SHARE THEM WITH ANYONE. : )