PDA

View Full Version : "Kid"-sung Music and the Pedophiles Who Enjoy It

Reenee
Aug 11, 2003, 04:04 PM
The moronic target for our thread: MusicSpace Kids.

What They Offer: A CD compilation of popular (read: mainstream) songs remixed in terms of replacing the sounds with crap MIDI substitutes and the singers with "kids".

So, what's the beef? Well, the obvious error being that some of singers are adult. False advertising. Oh, yeah, and their singing sucks.

But here's the big one: songs with explicit themes. On a another collection they had Hot in Here by Nelly, retaining their original lyrics. On one side, it's funny as hell to hear a bunch of kids sing the lyrics. On the other, it's annoying (duh, rap!), it's offensive (again, lyrics), and it's just sad overall. And on their latest collection, No Doubt's Underneath It All is on it.

What in bloody hell is going on?

SundryKnives
Aug 11, 2003, 04:18 PM
Thats just sad and sick. Just goes to show you how apathetic we are becoming, the lack of morals the media has, and the piss poor job most parents do.

Aredhel
Aug 11, 2003, 06:03 PM
Um, actually my little sister got the KIDZ BOP CD for her birthday. Apparently, they edited lyrics so it was just pop songs sung by kids. She absolutley loved it (aged 8 ) and listened to it non stop for about 6 months http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I countered with turning my music up http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aredhel on 2003-08-11 16:03 ]</font>

Monomate
Aug 11, 2003, 09:10 PM
that's why classic rock is the best!

ABDUR101
Aug 11, 2003, 09:21 PM
"It's gettin hot in here, so take off all your clothes"

...*scratches head* Yeah, I guess it could be disturbing. o_O

bordering
Aug 11, 2003, 09:31 PM
heh, i thought you were talking about DISK VOL. 6 when i read the title.

AUTO_
Aug 11, 2003, 09:34 PM
*Politican approaches the podium*

"Now, see...the problem is videogames..."

kitomaka_ck
Aug 11, 2003, 10:57 PM
I agree Reenee... I finally noticed the SHITI err MIDI when they played Miss Independent on the KB4 commercial. God, that has to be the worst one yet! And the adults... they need to at least sound like the original singers...

I feel sorry for those kids... they won't grow up feeling like men/women now...

xHIGHONLIFEx
Aug 11, 2003, 11:25 PM
Hmmm... What's next??? Kids singing Eminem songs??? Oh Jesus God No.....

ryomakuriyami
Aug 11, 2003, 11:53 PM
On 2003-08-11 21:25, xHIGHONLIFEx wrote:
Hmmm... What's next??? Kids singing Eminem songs??? Oh Jesus God No.....

That'd actually be really funny.
my bum is on your lips, my bum is on your lips
and if I'm lucky you might just give it a little kiss
and that's the message that we deliver to little kids
Hahaha.

TR3NT
Aug 12, 2003, 12:12 AM
Hahaha.. ryomakuriyami, that brought a tear to my eye. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

polishedweasel
Aug 12, 2003, 12:13 AM
I agree, Kidz Bop is a bit heinusly lame. I feel that the execs all need to die and stop making money off other people's shit, understand?

WHoo 800 posts...

Ness
Aug 12, 2003, 03:38 PM
Kids Bop butchered some of my favorite songs and for that, I can never forgive them.

NKOTB
Aug 12, 2003, 04:17 PM
Kids are already rapping Eminem, Ludacris, 50 Cent all day long. I teach elementary sometimes and get to hear it all the time. They usually stop when I tell them I know who it is.

polishedweasel
Aug 14, 2003, 02:51 AM
On 2003-08-12 14:17, NKOTB wrote:
Kids are already rapping Eminem, Ludacris, 50 Cent all day long. I teach elementary sometimes and get to hear it all the time. They usually stop when I tell them I know who it is.

Yup, it's cool till their superior thinks it's cool.

Master_of_Dragons
Aug 14, 2003, 03:51 AM
thet commercial has hijacked tv and is pirating over explicit things in there songs. notice if you tape the commercial and play it backward you can here people saying curses and stuff like "i will find you little kid"

as u can notice i was jk and who in the rite mind would tape that commercial.

eww that commercials so annoying.

Captain_Bob
Aug 14, 2003, 09:07 PM
On 2003-08-11 19:34, AUTO_ wrote:
*Politican approaches the podium*

"Now, see...the problem is videogames..."

*In the rafters*
"Target is sighted, I'm taking a shot..."

Inu_Ranma
Aug 14, 2003, 09:14 PM
Every person who I know who enjoys the 'kid sung' music is a little kid. I guess they love other little kids, but is it right to call them pedophiles?

Soundboz
Aug 15, 2003, 03:28 AM
On 2003-08-14 01:51, Master_of_Dragons wrote:
thet commercial has hijacked tv and is pirating over explicit things in there songs. notice if you tape the commercial and play it backward you can here people saying curses and stuff like "i will find you little kid"

it actually says "join the posse" and "hail hitler" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif...

Firocket1690
Aug 15, 2003, 10:55 AM
On 2003-08-12 13:38, Ness wrote:
Kids Bop butchered some of my favorite songs and for that, I can never forgive them.

hEyY !! YOU"RE our resident Demigod, and there's stuff waiting to be killed ...

same feelings here ... they find whats "in" on the charts and get the kids to sing em'

Soren
Aug 18, 2003, 12:20 PM
oh god.. Kid"z" Bop.... thats so lame ><.. I dont need a bunch of little kids talking about hos and leaving someone for a "better" man. Adultery and prostitution arent "hip"......right? D:

Jkid
Aug 19, 2003, 08:04 AM
On 2003-08-12 13:38, Ness wrote:

I could agree more better than you. Because one of my favorite songs I've listened to,"Wake Me Up" from the DareDevil soundtrack was ruined. I saw a commercial for a simlair soundtrack CD to Kids Bop.And they ruined it,and I won't forgive them for it.

Inu_Ranma
Aug 19, 2003, 03:37 PM
errrr....do you mean 'Bring Me To Life.'

Mistitling's one of those things I'm a nazi about http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Aurra
Aug 19, 2003, 05:32 PM
Kidz Bop scares me, much more than say, a nuclear holocaust.

Jkid
Aug 20, 2003, 07:28 AM
On 2003-08-19 13:37, Inu_Ranma wrote:
errrr....do you mean 'Bring Me To Life.'

Mistitling's one of those things I'm a nazi about http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yes

Bradicus
Aug 20, 2003, 09:15 AM
if only the chidren had the fore sight to see that because of these commercials, they will later be mocked by friends and family... Oh well...