PDA

View Full Version : Episode 3 shite.

_J
Aug 13, 2003, 05:25 PM
Just a thought, maybe you should include what is in effect an item database (or card database), for the Episode 3 section. Even though it's only a trial etc, it would still be nice to get an idea what each class has going for them before choosing a character on the full version. Like for example, wether forces are still not as good in many respects, or did they manage to balence it out this time? And what you start with when you make a character...I mean do you just start with some default cards depending on what you class is? And how exactly does character level and card level change things? I mean when they level up, what actually happens? Does character level carry over from offline to online? (or is online character level seperate from offline character level, like CARD levels are?) Is the entire extent of the game online and offline, that you start off with cards, go and battle someone (NPC offline or other players online) and then win/lose get more cards, then go battle again?

I guess that's enough food for thought now, sayonara.

eRUPT
Aug 13, 2003, 05:32 PM
You have not read the episode 3 page at all have you? Almost everything you asked is in our current guides so you should give them a try.

LollipopLolita
Aug 13, 2003, 05:43 PM
we're not going to do a card db until the full release because parameters are still being changed

_J
Aug 13, 2003, 06:02 PM
Errr I did read the episode three thing. It shows like, your character creation screen and that's it. Not what cards (if any) you start with. It made clear the card levels don't carry over but I don't remember seeing anything about character levels? And I guess card decks DO carry over from offline to online? ...I can't be botherd to read off the other questions I asked - I read the guide section, and those are the things I was left not knowing.

LollipopLolita
Aug 13, 2003, 06:13 PM
a lot of the questions you are asking, we can't answer for sure since we have the trial version and it's still being tweaked.

i think you start with a standard deck irrespective of initial class (not deck class). i'll check tonight i guess. decks do carry over offline and online. clv is your character level. don't know what higher ones do or get until we get the full release. nothing currently happens when you go up in clv, but it might be different in the full release since they said it's not close to the final release. Offline single player game is limited to 2 battles per side and we don't know what's going on much since it's all JP

those questions that i can answer, i'll research tonight and add it to the current guides. but a lot of the questions can only be answered if we have the final release or can be easily answered once you play.

Cynosure_Zen
Aug 13, 2003, 06:38 PM
I have a question about PSO3 that's completely irrelevant to wants being asked here (I don't feel like starting a thread just to ask a silly question). Anyway, is the music in PSO3 completely revamped from it's previous installments?

LollipopLolita
Aug 13, 2003, 06:42 PM
yes. i think so, i'm pretty sure, i haven't paid much attention to it. but i'm very sure. i know though that the new card lobbies give me a headache

_J
Aug 13, 2003, 06:42 PM
a lot of the questions you are asking, we can't answer for sure since we have the trial version and it's still being tweaked.

i think you start with a standard deck irrespective of initial class (not deck class). i'll check tonight i guess. decks do carry over offline and online. clv is your character level. don't know what higher ones do or get until we get the full release. nothing currently happens when you go up in clv, but it might be different in the full release since they said it's not close to the final release. Offline single player game is limited to 2 battles per side and we don't know what's going on much since it's all JP

those questions that i can answer, i'll research tonight and add it to the current guides. but a lot of the questions can only be answered if we have the final release or can be easily answered once you play.

Ahh...I guess the trial version is much more incomplete than I imagined. I don't see the point including "character" level and "card" level in the guides, that seems like it can only lead to confusion (if they are one and the same?). Thanks for going and finding out, I'll have to check the guides section again later when they are updated again. About the language thing...I think Shimarisu can read it all, and could tell you what it all means, but I wouldn't like to volunteer her for work when she may be very busy or whatever - but I suppose you could at least ask for her help if she knows what it means? Just a thought.

I am just trying to get a feel for knowledge that will help me decide what character to be and all that for when I get the full version. It seems the trial is far far too incomplete for that though...oh well. Err...keep up the good work..I guess? o_O

LollipopLolita
Aug 13, 2003, 06:47 PM
I think Shimarisu can read it all, and could tell you what it all means, but I wouldn't like to volunteer her for work when she may be very busy or whatever - but I suppose you could at least ask for her help if she knows what it means? Just a thought.

even if I could read it, it's only two battles, one character each and one sentence said in offline mode. so what's the point?

I am just trying to get a feel for knowledge that will help me decide what character to be and all that for when I get the full version.

doesn't matter what your character is. it matters which deck class you are and even then, who cares, you can have multiple decks.

It seems the trial is far far too incomplete for that though

it's a beta, they're not going to release the full game in beta or close to it. they're just testing user interaction, gameplay, card attributes and technical things like download quests and being online, server wise and all. i'm glad they at least had a trial to finetune things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-08-13 16:48 ]</font>

_J
Aug 13, 2003, 07:12 PM
even if I could read it, it's only two battles, one character each and one sentence said in offline mode. so what's the point?

None is there's such a small amount of text - just a thought, I didn't know there was so little text.

doesn't matter what your character is. it matters which deck class you are and even then, who cares, you can have multiple decks.

So what character you are ONLY influences your appearance online???...Surely that's not the case...Like forces must be better with "tech" cards or whatever?...Right?

it's a beta, they're not going to release the full game in beta or close to it. they're just testing user interaction, gameplay, card attributes and technical things like download quests and being online, server wise and all. i'm glad they at least had a trial to finetune things.

I guess it's a good thing...But the only thing I was hoping to gain from it was an idea of what character to go with...but it seems they are all the same (?), and it's barely 10% of the game. They should know they're going to make their money from it by now anyway...

P.S I'm trying REAL hard to not just sound converse to everything you post here. @_@

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _J on 2003-08-13 17:13 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Aug 13, 2003, 07:33 PM
So what character you are ONLY influences your appearance online???...Surely that's not the case...Like forces must be better with "tech" cards or whatever?...Right?

you're misunderstanding completely. the character you choose does not matter at all. the deck class you choose is the one that matters.

read this thread

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=62794&forum=1&27

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1282

as for deck classes

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1277

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1278

the question has been answered previously

and it's barely 10% of the game. They should know they're going to make their money from it by now anyway...

the trial was a technical trial to iron out bugs. st wanted feedback and also monitor how servers online were doing. and also to pin down exact card parameters. it wasn't to see if it was going to make money. you have to understand that their target audience is completely different.

sorry if i didn't answer fully, i have a bad headache right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-08-13 17:36 ]</font>

eRUPT
Aug 13, 2003, 07:42 PM
Yeah character selection only affects your actual lobby appearance. When you are in battle your character is the Card Deck class that you choose, so your class has nothing to do but eye candy and its based on what Card Deck class that you selected which determines the way you play.

My character is a HUmar and I play always the RAmar heroside.

I guess it can seem odd but thats just how it is though. Just gotta wait till you can play it yourself to see.

And really sega is definetly after different audience then those that play PSO but are assuming that a good majority of the PSO audience would like to try this one, and for many the fact that its the same HL for both is a good reason to keep the HL knowing you can switch around games when your bored and still always use the same lobbies between games.

_J
Aug 13, 2003, 07:43 PM
sorry if i didn't answer fully, i have a bad headache right now.

You did, no need to be so apologetic. Err...take some pain killers for the headache? o_O

LollipopLolita
Aug 13, 2003, 07:59 PM
i did but it's not helping yet

i added your questions and answers to the faq since it always comes up and i'm starting to copy and paste answers

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1282

here _j do me a favor since i have a headache right now, list all the questions you want answered here and i can work on it tonight and try to answer them all. that way i can have a list to work off and i can add them to the faq or guides or whatever. just have it in a list form for me so i can work from it faster and easier.

i know the first thing to do is to count and determine the default card set since you wanted to know that. anyhow just do that for me and i'll have your questions answered to the best of my ability.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-08-13 18:01 ]</font>

_J
Aug 13, 2003, 08:01 PM
here _j do me a favor since i have a headache right now, list all the questions you want answered here and i can work on it tonight and try to answer them all. that way i can have a list to work off and i can add them to the faq or guides or whatever. just have it in a list form for me so i can work from it faster and easier.

i know the first thing to do is to count and determine the default card set since you wanted to know that. anyhow just do that for me and i'll ahve your questions answered to the bst of my ability.

Err...okay. *is normally on the other "side"* Lemme just look over the section once more and I'll post what comes up.......

LollipopLolita
Aug 13, 2003, 08:19 PM
other side, huh what? personally, i will always and always have been receptive to people's need when it comes to guides and information on pso, and additions and corrections that need to be done. not every guide is perfect but people can help us be better. if someone has a question i can answer i will, if there's a guide i can make to help people, i will do it. so now you have questions, i will answer.

just one request though, _j have it in a list form so i can check things off and it'll help me out a lot. and i'll try to work on everything tonight and answer all your questions.

anyone else that has questions about ep 3 that i can answer please add them here, so i can have a master list to work on. i don't know how i can help you guys if you don't tell me how i can help? ok?

_J
Aug 13, 2003, 08:23 PM
Okay, I had a quick look through and here are some things that came up (may already be answered or maybe not)...

On the "range" section of a weapon/monster card, how come when only one box is white (the middle top one), yet it says it can reach all the adjacent boxes in a "T" shape? Do they just put one white box in the middle of the four directions to show if you can attack that drirection? (like to the right/left of you or infront/behind, making a square of range around you) Is it just the white boxes and all those adjacent to them? Can you reach more than two boxes in front? And how would that work if they only have a ring of one boxes?

At the "deal" stage, does it deal a bunch of random cards from your selected deck?

What's the point having various decks? What do you mean by different deck "classes"? Why not just use one optimum deck?

Doesn't your card/character level affect the HP of your character? Or any stats? Doesn't your character have any stats which you then ADD cards onto?

Are there any new costumes/hair styles/faces etc in the character creation section?

Can Arkz fight Arkz and Heros fight Heros?

What is the default character like? Are you just given a default set of cards like "saber" and that's it? Don't you have any stats? What are the default cards? Does every class have the same default cards?

Are there only two modes now, normal game and battle? They axed C mode and did not put in an equivellant?

Are the tournaments on the servers totally fixed? You can't change any of the rules/settings and just have to join one you like the look of?

_J
Aug 13, 2003, 08:25 PM
I kept them in sorta list format...If they are bunched together it's because they are about the same thing. That's what I came up with after a little glance over to jog my memory. Plenty of food for thought. : )

LollipopLolita
Aug 13, 2003, 08:47 PM
the normal range is like a donut of 8 squares around you, you being in the middle. you can only attack whatever is in that white box.

i shall attempt to explain

http://www.pso-world.com/images/guides/ep3t/card/r3.jpg

this monster card attack range is only the one tile directly in front of you

http://www.pso-world.com/images/guides/ep3t/card/g1.jpg

this thing is a shield/unit defense thing, and therefore has nor ange, everything is grey.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/guides/ep3t/card/p3.jpg

this ramarl's attack range is two tiles in front of her (but when she equips a weapon or attack card range might change depending on that card)

http://www.pso-world.com/images/guides/ep3t/card/o3.jpg

this pb blast card's attack range is one tile all around you

during act/attack, your possible attack range of the selected card will show up as red tiles.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/guides/ep3t/battle/62.jpg

notice attack card/currently selected card has a 3 tiles in front of you attack range

http://www.pso-world.com/images/guides/ep3t/battle/63.jpg

notice corresponding attack range

you can find this info here

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1273

At the "deal" stage, does it deal a bunch of random cards from your selected deck?

it will deal random cards from your selected deck yes. you only have a max of 5 cards for your active hand. at the end of the turn, during the draw stage, you get to choose which cards you want to discard, and let's say you have 1 card left, you will be dealt 4.

you can find this info here

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1273

What's the point having various decks? What do you mean by different deck "classes"? Why not just use one optimum deck?

so you can have variety and play multiple classes and use the weapons that one class cannot use but another can use.

for more info read here http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1275

each deck basically focuses on one class. read the link above. that class will determine your ap hp tp mv and weapons you can use. here's an example of the multiple decks you can have

http://www.pso-world.com/images/guides/ep3t/edit/51.jpg

when you start, the game provides you with two standard default decks, sil'fer and break. you can delete it if you want.

sometimes i get bored of my hune and want to play my racaseal. sometimes i get bored of my hunters so i play my arkzs.

Doesn't your card/character level affect the HP of your character? Or any stats? Doesn't your character have any stats which you then ADD cards onto?

character card stats on their own always stay the same. during battle, when you combine cards and equip them, the stats can change and be boosted. but only during battle. let's say my hune has 4 ap and i equip a + 5 ap gun and a + 2 ap mag. that will amount to 11 ap total for that battle while i have all the cards equip. if the mag card breaks, it'll go down to 9 ap. outside battle, it stays the same. the amount of hp each player has in a battle can be modified in battle options. i don't know yet if clv affects anything, and plus this is a trial, maybe and hopefully in the final release, rarer cards will only show up for higher clvl's. clvl's also affect the experience equation at the end of the battle. we don't know the equation yet and it might change for the final release.

read here
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1276

Are there any new costumes/hair styles/faces etc in the character creation section?

no

Can Arkz fight Arkz and Heros fight Heros?

yes. you can have an arkz and a hunter in the same team even.

What is the default character like?

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=137

Are you just given a default set of cards like "saber" and that's it?

yes in the beginning, later you are drawn more cards and you get them in your master deck. the number of cards you get depends on if you lose the game (3 cards) or if you win, and if you win, it depends on your rank (eg 15 for s rank)

Don't you have any stats?

no

What are the default cards? Does every class have the same default cards?

i'll find out tonight

Are there only two modes now, normal game and battle? They axed C mode and did not put in an equivellant?

can't say since it's only trial

there is offline multiplayer, offline singplaye, online play, online tournaments. i know they have s rank and e rank cards (don't know what they are yet) so there must be some other modes.

Are the tournaments on the servers totally fixed? You can't change any of the rules/settings and just have to join one you like the look of?

there are variables set up and options.

hope that helps. got anymore questions?

_J
Aug 13, 2003, 09:08 PM
hope that helps. got anymore questions?

Yeah it helps, thanks. I probably do have some more but it's like 3:08AM and I'm up at 8:30AM - I really need to go hit the hay. At least you have ONE thing to do tonight. @_@ *hehe*

LollipopLolita
Aug 13, 2003, 09:15 PM
i will do it tonight, yes boss.

_J
Aug 14, 2003, 01:43 PM
i will do it tonight, yes boss.

@_@

LollipopLolita
Aug 14, 2003, 03:31 PM
okay mister _J. I tried out nearly all the classes. you start with the same basic deck. I took pics of the cards. I haven't counted and named them yet, but I will and I will upload the pic too so people can see. and I'll add it to a guide, jesss for you or in honor of you. I just have to go out and so stuff first, so please kindly be patient. and if you have more questions, let me know.

i also have screenshots to add. thanks for being patient.

_J
Aug 14, 2003, 03:34 PM
okay mister _J. I tried out nearly all the classes. you start with the same basic deck. I took pics of the cards. I haven't counted and named them yet, but I will and I will upload the pic too so people can see. and I'll add it to a guide, jesss for you or in honor of you. I just have to go out and so stuff first, so please kindly be patient. and if you have more questions, let me know.

i also have screenshots to add. thanks for being patient.

Cool. I guess that should help other people who read it too. I'll try think of some other questions that need asking...

LollipopLolita
Aug 14, 2003, 03:40 PM
No problem, I will do my best to answer the questions you or anyone else might have. And thank you for taking the time to think them up.

I'll make those additions to the guide later on today. Right now though, I'm gonna go out because I have agility with my dog.

Thanks again _J

_J
Aug 14, 2003, 03:46 PM
No problem, I will do my best to answer the questions you or anyone else might have. And thank you for taking the time to think them up.

Between us, we could make the Ep 3 section air-tight.

I'll make those additions to the guide later on today. Right now though, I'm gonna go out because I have agility with my dog.

No rush, and I'm going to assume you mean taking your dog for a walk with that "agilty" thing. o_O I want a wolf myself, yes, I know that's out of the blue. : )

Thanks again _J

No sweat. I'll have to spend a significant time and think about air holes that need plugging, but I can't right now because someone else needs this computer. So, like you, I will do it at a later date. Sayonara.

LollipopLolita
Aug 14, 2003, 03:52 PM
Between us, we could make the Ep 3 section air-tight.

NP, I'd love to do that, of course I'm always interested in making the site better.

No rush, and I'm going to assume you mean taking your dog for a walk with that "agilty" thing. o_O I want a wolf myself, yes, I know that's out of the blue. : )

No I mean dog agility the sport. You know dogs jumping over bars, going in tunnels, going up things, seesaws, weavepoles, etc. doing it perfectly and fast.

http://www.dogpatch.org/images/agility/artful2.jpg http://www.dogpatch.org/images/agility/artful6.jpg

I know people with wolf hybrids.

_J
Aug 14, 2003, 05:10 PM
No I mean dog agility the sport. You know dogs jumping over bars, going in tunnels, going up things, seesaws, weavepoles, etc. doing it perfectly and fast.

Ahhh, I know what you mean. Whatever floats your boat I guess...I would rather teach an attack command or something.

I know people with wolf hybrids.

Yeah. It's illegal to have pedigre wolves as pets, so I can't OFFICIALLY say I'm going to go out and make one my companion.

I will make a wolf my companion. This is not a legally binding statement and I actually mean I won't, naturally. : )

LollipopLolita
Aug 14, 2003, 08:58 PM
wolf hybrids are illegal here too but i know people with some.

if i had the right dog, a giant schnauzer or a black russian terrier, i would do shutzund. but even a dog doing shutzund needs to know how to do basic agility things. agility demands more speed. and with my current dogs, i am concentrating on water work.

anyhow i'll do the guides tonight.

_J
Aug 17, 2003, 07:32 AM
wolf hybrids are illegal here too but i know people with some.

if i had the right dog, a giant schnauzer or a black russian terrier, i would do shutzund. but even a dog doing shutzund needs to know how to do basic agility things. agility demands more speed. and with my current dogs, i am concentrating on water work.

anyhow i'll do the guides tonight.

Weird hobby...wouldn't you rather train them to be kick ass guard dogs? I didn't know half breeds were illegal too, you may as well get a pedigre one then. Anyways, I really should go check out the guides...and actually spend time thinking.

LollipopLolita
Aug 17, 2003, 05:23 PM
kick ass guard dogs, that's what shutzund is... as for water work, it's going back to the original purpose of the dog.

here's the default deck

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1292

monkeyfist
Aug 17, 2003, 05:30 PM
question about the deck. whats a jinrai? it looks like a diska of liberator(or slicer or assassin, one of the two)

what's it do?

LollipopLolita
Aug 17, 2003, 05:33 PM
not sure on english name but that's the closest translation we can come up with. it's like a double saber but i can't remember if it's the dbl that has more ap or the jinrai. i'll check and i'll try to get a pic of it being used.

monkeyfist
Aug 17, 2003, 05:46 PM
okay, sounds good
thx

edit: forgot the "s" after sound. it made me sound like the hulk. HULK SMASH HOUSE!! HULK HURT!!! etc, etc,etc, im done rambling now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: monkeyfist on 2003-08-17 15:47 ]</font>

Topazfalcon
Aug 20, 2003, 08:12 AM
ok, I looked through the faq and I have a question. Not sure if this would happen often, but if you go through all the cards in your deck while battling, does the battle end, or does it recycle the cards and you keep going? Hope that makes sense.

-STE-
Aug 20, 2003, 08:38 AM
Depends of the rule of game

Cloak
Aug 20, 2003, 11:02 AM
Questions:

-Is there a point to havin' more than one character? I mean, if you can use all cards(hero/evil) on the same char., would it be best to just play one person and level them up? (Is there any other special bonus to having more than 1 char. except being able to look different in lobby?)

-What happens when someone disconnects in battle, like if they're losing or whatever?

-STE-
Aug 20, 2003, 12:34 PM
1 Nothing but tournament rank is same on all memory card characters this is good you can play with different characters and rank go up on both

2 If you dc com take your part and battle when you dc you lost EXP like if you lose game