PDA

View Full Version : FFT or FF7

DarkShinjaru
Aug 14, 2003, 01:08 PM
Which do you think is best, Final Fantasy Tactics or Final Fantasy 7? o_O I don't really care for a vote if you haven't played both.

Also, explaining choice helps too.

Suppa_Buddha
Aug 14, 2003, 01:09 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/heartcookie.gif Tactics. Have a cookie. *hands (your name) a cookie* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/heartcookie.gif

DarkShinjaru
Aug 14, 2003, 01:31 PM
Damn right, Tactics. lol *Takes the cookie and pockets it*

Obscenity
Aug 14, 2003, 01:36 PM
Definitely Tactics for me. I'm a big fan of strategy RPG's and there aren't enough good ones to go around. I wish I could find a copy of Saiyuki: Journey West for the PSX. I've heard it was pretty good.

Edit: If you like FFT, try the Shining Force and Front Mission series.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obscenity on 2003-08-14 11:37 ]</font>

DarkShinjaru
Aug 14, 2003, 01:44 PM
Edit: If you like FFT, try the Shining Force and Front Mission series.

Will do.

Dime
Aug 14, 2003, 01:46 PM
FF7 because of Emerald Weapon.

_J
Aug 14, 2003, 02:05 PM
FF7 because of Emerald Weapon.

Knights of the Round Materia + Mime Materia = Emerald/Ruby/Amber (yeah, even though there IS no amber) Weapon "ownage".

CGoodness
Aug 14, 2003, 02:15 PM
Im not voting since i never played tactics and FF7 got me grounded when my mom saw cids nice language

("Sit the fuck down and drink your god damn tea!")

Dime
Aug 14, 2003, 02:15 PM
Every final fantasy I hope for a boss as hard as Emerald Weapon or OMega Weapon. Too bad every other boss was soft.

_J
Aug 14, 2003, 02:33 PM
Every final fantasy I hope for a boss as hard as Emerald Weapon or OMega Weapon. Too bad every other boss was soft.

Come on...it's not a hard game. Well, I suppose it's nigh impossible to beat the weapons without Knights of the Round - but you wouldn't even know about the weapons unless you read a guide (which would then have the knights of the round). So yeah, it's not hard...

Dime
Aug 14, 2003, 02:34 PM
Those 2 Bosses are hard. Rest of the game is easy.

_J
Aug 14, 2003, 02:38 PM
Those 2 Bosses are hard. Rest of the game is easy.

...All you do is use Knights of the Round (KR) and then use mime over and over again. How is that hard?

P.S I posted fuking "RD" as an abbreviation for Knights of the Round? Feckin typos.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _J on 2003-08-14 12:58 ]</font>

DarkShinjaru
Aug 14, 2003, 02:57 PM
I used hero potions, I hated KotR.

_J
Aug 14, 2003, 02:59 PM
I used hero potions, I hated KotR.

Well, KR and Mime was the most effective method.

Dime
Aug 14, 2003, 03:01 PM
Hard part was staying alive.

_J
Aug 14, 2003, 03:05 PM
Hard part was staying alive.

Well, yeah. There is the thing where he takes you from the battle too (Ruby weapon). But as long as he didn't do that, Emerald and Ruby were no problem. The end boss is so easy after you beat the weapons. @_@

Dime
Aug 14, 2003, 03:07 PM
Final Fantasies have notoriously easy final bosses. You don't even have to "level up" once in FFX to beat the game.

_J
Aug 14, 2003, 03:08 PM
Final Fantasies have notoriously easy final bosses. You don't even have to "level up" once in FFX to beat the game.

Well, yeah. But you try doing EVERYTHING there is to do in FF10 - and I'll see you in x months time.

Dime
Aug 14, 2003, 03:09 PM
I did. 120 hours playing time.

Dime
Aug 14, 2003, 03:13 PM
Nope, no guide. You?

_J
Aug 14, 2003, 03:13 PM
*hehe* Exactly. 120 with a guide. That's ALOT of content.

_J
Aug 14, 2003, 03:18 PM
Nope, no guide. You?

If you didn't have a guide, you didn't do everything there is to do. Don't even QUESTION that, once you take a look at a good guide, you will see EXACTLY what I mean.

P.S Before you even TRY saying you did everything without a guide, LIKE HELL did you dodge 200 lightening bolts in a row, to get one of the components for Lulu's ultimate weapon without the aid of a guide. And that's just one tiny thing off the top of my head.

Dime
Aug 14, 2003, 03:22 PM
Well since I don't have a guide I wouldn't know about those now would I? : )

Anyway, I did everything that I didn't find tedious.

There, case closed, McGruff.

Dime
Aug 14, 2003, 03:23 PM
Now, if YOU finished it 100% we may have a problem right there. Maybe you should try some physical activities? They relieve stress you know.

Dime
Aug 14, 2003, 03:27 PM
Activities, not labor. Labor adds to the stress.

_J
Aug 14, 2003, 03:27 PM
Well since I don't have a guide I wouldn't know about those now would I? : )

Anyway, I did everything that I didn't find tedious.

There, case closed, McGruff.

You have no idea how much there is to do...seriously, it's pretty OTT.

Now, if YOU finished it 100% we may have a problem right there. Maybe you should try some physical activities? They relieve stress you know.

I never even did much more than half of what there is to do, you could spend hundreds of hours doing THINGS and still not have it all done. And about the physical thing...I just got home a few hours ago after spending 8 and a half hours moving well over a ton of roof tiles up/around a scafold - don't even TALK to me about physical labour.

_J
Aug 14, 2003, 03:29 PM
Activities, not labor. Labor adds to the stress.

Well Dime, my entire body feels like it's been pretty damn ACTIVE.

Dime
Aug 14, 2003, 03:32 PM
Still, there's a difference.

_J
Aug 14, 2003, 03:35 PM
Still, there's a difference.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Like last night when I was practicing with my bokken. The only problem is, I don't feel much up to do ANYTHING other than posting excessively on here, like you. : )

Dime
Aug 14, 2003, 03:37 PM
What can I say sometimes I feel like sitting on my ass and wasting my time

_J
Aug 14, 2003, 03:42 PM
What can I say sometimes I feel like sitting on my ass and wasting my time

*hehe* I wouldn't call this entirely a waste.

DarkShinjaru
Aug 14, 2003, 03:49 PM
I'd call this a waste o_O.

Starcraft->PSOW->Starcraft->PSOW.

Etc..

Back on topic, 31 posts, maybe 5 votes. Damn you!

_J
Aug 14, 2003, 05:20 PM
Back on topic, 31 posts, maybe 5 votes. Damn you!

What's to vote about? FF7 is clearly one of the best FF series and leagues ahead of "Tactics", if it was not good - why was it THE FF that MADE the FF series what it is today? Anyways, FF7 being one of the best is a fact, not a matter of opinion. However, it's become like a trend for people who play FF games to say they like pre FF7 games more - this is because people tend to like the idea of seeming "different", and liking an early FF which the majoirty would not even play, let alone consider better than FF7.

The point is, FF7 being THE best FF is certainly debateable - but the FACT that it's RIGHT up there is just not. It's simply common sense. I personally prefer 8, then 7 - but I am fully aware 7 is right up there. Of course it's better than "tactics".

DarkShinjaru
Aug 14, 2003, 05:40 PM
I believe Tactics came out after FF7 did..I do agree with 8 being better than 7. Tactics has the best story, in my opinion, by far. I didn't care too much for FF7.

More people say it's better and try to compete by spending hours and hours on it. A friend of mine tries to justify that FF7 is better because he "Spent 99:99:99 on 5 different files" I dont know why anyone would want to spend 500 hrs on a game like that..Even doing everything there is to do doesnt get you close to 100 hrs.

Another reason why they say FF7 is the greatest is because of the story and gameplay. The story may be good, but it isn't necessarily the greatest one that etched its name in a mountain.

As for being different, no. People dont think clearly when someone says "FF7 isnt the best game." It's like they get a knife to your throat for saying such 'Blasphemy'. FF7 most definately isn't the best FF around that I've played *And I have played them all* Many people started with FF7 Then went back to older titles because of the remakes; now it's all FF3 IS TEH GODLINESS!

I hated FF3, but that isn't in this poll at all o_O FFT is probably the greatest FF that noone cares about due to ignorance and over-rating.

Suppa_Buddha
Aug 14, 2003, 05:44 PM
On 2003-08-14 12:15, CGoodness wrote:
Im not voting since i never played tactics and FF7 got me grounded when my mom saw cids nice language

Wow... thats lame you should of handed her a Heart cookie like this one. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/heartcookie.gif

Gestiv
Aug 14, 2003, 06:12 PM
FFT is an awesome game... I really like it more than FF7, even if it is one of the most poorly written/translated games ever (no game should have that many typos). I was really enjoying it up until the execution grounds... I just can't seem to beat them. I even have a guide... I still can't beat it! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

DarkShinjaru
Aug 14, 2003, 06:14 PM
Here's a guide for ya.

Sit back and do nothing, put entire team on auto battle with "Save fading life". That's what I did and they won lmao.

Suppa_Buddha
Aug 14, 2003, 06:15 PM
LOL

_J
Aug 14, 2003, 06:17 PM
Like I said, FF7 is not a matter of opinion - it just IS up there. And yeah, I've played them all too.

DarkShinjaru
Aug 14, 2003, 08:12 PM
Like I said, Auto-battle kicks ass.

Ether
Aug 14, 2003, 09:43 PM
4, 6, 7, and Tactics > The rest

UltimateEnigma
Aug 14, 2003, 09:45 PM
On 2003-08-14 12:15, Dime wrote:

I killed FF8s omega like he was a pile of dogshit

Firocket1690
Aug 15, 2003, 05:09 AM
the original sucked, but I like the Final Fantasy Tactics ... ADVANCE

lotsa funn http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Raxxon_Ironis
Aug 15, 2003, 07:46 PM
The real question to ask is...

Crap, I forgot.

Gestiv
Aug 15, 2003, 09:03 PM
Auto Battle... hmmm....

Don't get me started on FFTA... I'm not even going to bother playing it, they f-ed it up so much...

CGoodness
Aug 16, 2003, 11:06 AM
On 2003-08-14 15:44, Suppa_Buddha wrote:

On 2003-08-14 12:15, CGoodness wrote:

Wow... thats lame you should of handed her a Heart cookie like this one. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/heartcookie.gif

Unlike some people, it's too bad i don't usually have heart cookies with me

Dime
Aug 16, 2003, 11:19 AM
On 2003-08-14 19:45, UltimateEnigma wrote:

On 2003-08-14 12:15, Dime wrote:

I killed FF8s omega like he was a pile of dogshit

I did it without invincibility.

_J
Aug 17, 2003, 07:43 AM
Dime, if you found Omega Weapon hard you must just suck at that game. FF8 is a piece of piss once you get Lionheart for Squall.

_J
Aug 17, 2003, 07:44 AM
And I'm guessing you never fought the secret boss on 9 either, otherwise you would put him up there with Emerald.

Shattered_weasel
Aug 17, 2003, 09:48 AM
i made Ozma my bitch........badly

_J
Aug 17, 2003, 05:20 PM
i made Ozma my bitch........badly

See? Even that thing can manage it.

Dime
Aug 17, 2003, 05:28 PM
I beat Ozma at lvl 55 actually. Now if you try Omega without those hero drinks (or whatever) you'll see it's hard to survive his terra-shooting-star attack.

_J
Aug 17, 2003, 06:04 PM
I beat Ozma at lvl 55 actually. Now if you try Omega without those hero drinks (or whatever) you'll see it's hard to survive his terra-shooting-star attack.

At first you was saying "Omega is hard", now you're chaging it to "Omega is hard without blah blah when your trying to survive blah blah". Just admit it, he is piss easy and not hard.