PDA

View Full Version : The term noob, newb, nub and the people that use it...

polishedweasel
Aug 15, 2003, 02:01 AM
I play Counterstrike, a play for a good 2 hours a day. I've noticed that these 13 year olds are yelling over the game "What the fuck?!?!" Screaming and getting mad, and calling other people noobs and hackers etc. So then I hit tab to see the scores and this swearing kid is pinging at about 230 and has a score of 10 kills and 35 deaths. So I tell the kid in the most mature, condescending, and complicated way as possible to shut the fuck up.

SO then they counter it with "No, you shut up you noob !" So then I calmly switch teams and kill the kid about 10 rounds in a row, then he leaves or switches to the team that's winning.

It's tiring to see the people that play this game, whine and swear, and 75% of the kids balls haven't dropped. I think people should put rules on these sort of things. An IQ test is needed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-08-19 16:07 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Aug 15, 2003, 02:15 AM
...more like a maturity test. =x

First have them answer afew multiple choice questions, fill out personal data, then a questionaire in essay form...and then have them explain about something they like.

If it's anything remotely like the following:

"Liek omh omg omg, i wen to teh store today an d i found mt favrite gameee11!!1111!! Wen i got home i put it in the gamcube and playd all nihgt!! Then my dad boght me sumthing for my xBOX!1"

...they get denied access =o

Dream a little dream for me.

polishedweasel
Aug 15, 2003, 02:41 AM
On 2003-08-15 00:15, ABDUR101 wrote:
...more like a maturity test. =x

First have them answer afew multiple choice questions, fill out personal data, then a questionaire in essay form...and then have them explain about something they like.

If it's anything remotely like the following:

"Liek omh omg omg, i wen to teh store today an d i found mt favrite gameee11!!1111!! Wen i got home i put it in the gamcube and playd all nihgt!! Then my dad boght me sumthing for my xBOX!1"

...they get denied access =o

Dream a little dream for me.

DUDE!! Get out of my head man!!!

Wewt
Aug 15, 2003, 05:47 AM
I know the feeling, but I just make people that start talking crap feeling sorry for themselves when I start killing them with a glock, or any other gun for that matter.

xHIGHONLIFEx
Aug 15, 2003, 10:22 AM
probably not the same thing, but I got crap from people on BAttlenet for Starcraft... I managed to rack up 52 wins and 10 losses b4 my comp got screwed... Then new players who played with me and my friends who only have 4 wins and 8 losses start yelling at me and my friends for not supporting him and started call us newbies for not even attacking the enemy... We just manually attacked him with our troops... dumb little kids...

Firocket1690
Aug 15, 2003, 10:41 AM
YaY !!11

we all hate annoying bitchy little 12 years olds that suck at video games !!!11
PSO is not very different (PSOW for that matter)
most of them are the repetitive questions that continue endlessly (PSphere, JSword, 192 mags) it got so bad, they even got their OWN DAMN LANGUAGE

1 1z +]-[3 Ul33R R00X3RZ 1 //1l_l_ P// // j00 4$$ @nYd3i

*sigh*
my PC sux too bad to play games ...
I mean REAL games, it can handle solitare, minesweeper...
from what I've heard, the 10-13 year olds have also invaded the PC generation of online games

JTeebo
Aug 15, 2003, 10:43 AM
I used to get it a lot when I played Homeworld. I no longer play Homeworld online anymore.

Inu_Ranma
Aug 15, 2003, 02:50 PM
The thing is that it's not just 13 year olds. People assume that anybody who has not played online is a newbie because they ask about things even in the lobby. It's usually not the best players either. In relation to a certain current poll, I'd actually say that it's the elitist community that may end up killing this game, not the 12 year olds.

Captain_Bob
Aug 15, 2003, 09:20 PM
On 2003-08-15 00:01, polishedweasel wrote:
I play Counterstrike, a play for a good 2 hours a day. I've noticed that these 13 year olds are yelling over the game "What the fuck?!?!" Screaming and getting mad, and calling other people noobs and hackers etc. So then I hit tab to see the scores and this swearing kid is pinging at about 230 and has a score of 10 kills and 35 deaths. So I tell the kid in the most mature, condescending, and complicated way as possible to shut the fuck up.

SO then they counter it with "No, you shut up you noob !" So then I calmly switch teams and kill the kid about 10 rounds in a row, then he leaves or switches to the team that's winning.

It's tiring to see the people that play this game, whine and swear, and 75% of the kids balls haven't dropped. I think people should put rules on these sort of things. An IQ test is needed.

Huh, I always thought they were 40-year old losers living in they're parent's basement.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-08-19 16:08 ]</font>

Elentari
Aug 15, 2003, 09:28 PM
My brother used to play counterstrike a lot...he found it amusing when people called him a hacker...*shrugs* people just need to learn to play

polishedweasel
Aug 16, 2003, 01:07 AM
Ah yes, the same lame ass 12 year olds that call you a "fag, noob, queer, any other homophobic term" are the same kids that accuse the semi-good up to the expert players.

I happen to fall into the semi good category, but I know a hacker when I see one. All you have to do is just watch what they do in the 1st person death camera. Very interesting sometimes.

Slicer238
Aug 16, 2003, 05:17 AM
Man, That reminds me of Renegade. Oh man I Swear When I played that some little bitch would join FLAME RUSH FLAME RUSH NUKE EM NUKE EM. I sit there like "Dude, flame rush = bad when they are defending with Mammoths."

OmegaLoser
Aug 16, 2003, 07:56 AM
i think being a "noob" is perfectly acceptible. thats how games become popular anyway. everyone started fresh at one point. so we are all "noobs" i was called that a few times when i first got online. i might have been new there, but i played offline for 5-6 months first. its just that when i went online, everyone used abbreviations for EVERTHING. and i had no clue what was going on. how was i supposed to know that HS was heat sword. i never new the quest existed. just because i was lvl. 140, they assumed that i knew stuff.
i have to give my thanks to the many who were very nice and help me get started online. a lot of people complain about all the online players, but there are so many more that are nice and help each other out. Thanks to those people.

AYY-BEE-CEE
Aug 16, 2003, 08:09 AM
That's a bit unfair to say these 12 year olds can't play counterstrike (b.t.w. shouldn't you be discussing this on some counterstrike forums?) because they are overwhelmingly immature.

Everyone has the right to play a game (unless they are a extremely offensive person or cheater), even if they are a little pre-pubescent child or a mentally-challenged homophobe (well I guess they come under the extremly offensive person catagory, but I guess they just use them term 'gay' because their English teacher couldn't teach them more sophisticated word usage aimed at insulting people).

If your ideals and brain technicalities fail to match, can't you just move to another game?

Ness
Aug 16, 2003, 10:50 AM
They are all just a bunch of wanna-be bad asses.

Elvendar
Aug 16, 2003, 12:43 PM
...noobs.

Seriously now. I don't take any offense to that word because it has lost all meaning.

"omg stfu noob"
"O.o"
"noob pley teh game b4 u try an sey taht my flowins sord is horible"
"Um... Flowen's sword IS horrible"
"noob"
"Okay, i'm a noob. Doesn't change the fact that your weapon is horrible."
"omg stfu"

The above conversation is real. I'm not mentioning names, but it's almost guaranteed you'll run into a similar person on antares 8 who will tell you that you are a noob just because you are a lower level character.

Shattered_weasel
Aug 16, 2003, 12:49 PM
Its funny because polished is one of them people that say noob and leet 100000000 times a day

umbrella
Aug 16, 2003, 09:09 PM
I don't ever use the word noob / n00b / newb / noobie / n00bie / newbie / nub / nüb.......

They're just so dumb..
I prefer,
nooblar..

polishedweasel
Aug 17, 2003, 02:55 AM
On 2003-08-16 10:49, Shattered_weasel wrote:
Its funny because polished is one of them people that say noob and leet 100000000 times a day

and you're that person that stays grounded 48 weeks out of the year. Go to bed before you get more grounded.

Inu_Ranma
Aug 17, 2003, 03:04 AM
Nooblar. It sounds like either a really asian car, a bad villain from a cheesy kid's action cartoon, or a cloud http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

_J
Aug 17, 2003, 08:05 AM
Yes, "noobs" suck. People who call everyone "noob" because of their character level and stupid reasons like that, they suck too. But so do people who think they are all that, and some uber mature wiseman who is just too modest to say it. It takes two to argue, you must bicker with them - I don't see how that puts you above them. All you have to do, is not type anything when you see people calling you a "noob" for having a low character level etc etc.

Shattered_weasel
Aug 17, 2003, 09:04 AM
I am not grounded 48 weeks out of the year more like 48 months

umbrella
Aug 17, 2003, 01:59 PM
On 2003-08-17 01:04, Inu_Ranma wrote:
Nooblar. It sounds like either a really asian car, a bad villain from a cheesy kid's action cartoon, or a cloud http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Makes me hungry..

Bradicus
Aug 17, 2003, 02:08 PM
Kids cartoon show eh?

I am the mighty NOOBLAR!!! Phear my wrath! *Shoots nooblar cannon at everyone*

I like it!

I think a better name would be Puzzlor. He would like hit the main characters with some sorta dimention thingy, and they would be stuck in a giant maze with puzzles in ever chamber. Than the smart guy would be the hero cuz he saved everyone, and the lesson would be to think carefully before you act or something. Wow... i do ramble.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bradicus on 2003-08-17 12:13 ]</font>