PDA

View Full Version : Bedwetting Boomas

Intimidacius
Aug 15, 2003, 11:46 AM
Now it was fine and dandy when PSO first came out, but the lack of significant changes really hurts. Would it kill ST to improve the animations even a little? (Intimidacius doesn't care about fighting the same wireframes with gritty bitmaps). Would it kill them to do anything? Probably, they have a reputation of lethargy to uphold.

Example 1(not needed): When Intimidacius smacks a Booma to death it always falls forward. It lands and then sinks into the ground. As it does so it leaves a puddle of its waste for Intimidacius to clean up, how considerate...

Example 2(also unnecessary): Intimidacius kills a Grass Assassin. It falls down the same way regardless of the method Intimidacius implements in its destruction. A mechgun to the back, a bazooka blast to the chest, and a saber to its side all result in the same thing: the thing falls forward and then pees its bleeding jiblets out.

Example 3: The gameplay hasn't changed... Target a box in a firefight, the repetitive dark room "puzzle", the bosses don't make sense, it is the same game only twice as crappy.

On a side note: has anyone noticed how sometimes when you use a firearm, the burst comes from a different direction? What is that?

Sorry, Intimidacius knows that you already know this game is severly glitched up the wazoo, but he had to say this, officially. If Intimidacius were to get an "Online" game, it definitely would not be one made by ST. The quality of their past PSO titles (merely making ports from the Dreamcast to systems capable of doing much more) is enough to deter Intimidacius from funding them even more. Worst $50.00 ever spent on a plastic disk of pain.

So here is the poll part. The boomas wet the bed. The rappies wet the bed. Dark Bringers wet the bed, too. The question is, do you?

Kupi
Aug 15, 2003, 02:13 PM
The more variables that have to be processed, the more laggy the game becomes. Grass Assassins always die the same way because if you were to fill the game with things like alternate animations for getting hit from different directions, too much info would have to be sent back and forth for a 56k to handle in a timely manner. And I hope you agree that lag is worse than an enemy that doesn't fall in the direction you hit it.

Firocket1690
Aug 17, 2003, 04:27 AM
And Firocket1690 wonders to himself why Intimidacius likes to refer to Intimidacius in the third person point of view, there is nothing wrong with

"I am very annoyed that ST hasn't done anything about the monster's death motions"

*sigh*

*Firocket1690 goes off to eat an http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cone.gif*

polishedweasel
Aug 17, 2003, 05:33 AM
Because Intimaious(SP?) has a superiority problem, or it's just his internet "character" I played a perverted teenager for about two weeks before they told me to stop.

Bradicus
Aug 17, 2003, 03:30 PM
Oh oh! can i be the uncle that no one leaves alone with the kids?

HotWaterDeath
Aug 17, 2003, 04:17 PM
Superiority complex? HA! This guy is just plain nutty that's all. He also enjoy's abandoning low level FOmar's in the forest to the tender mercies of vicious El Rappies! Bah you thought I forgot about that DIDN'T YOU! DIDN'T YOU!!! I can't believe you people waste your time even voting for the stupid "Intimidacius is a loser" option on the tard's polls when it has absolutely nothing to do with the non-sensical material he is presenting. In fact if you're so against him why do you even bother with his posts? Let the lamer talk in third person if he wants to and I'll spare your weak fifteen year old butts while I'm stealing money from Linkin' Park chumps at local shopping malls. I bet every single person that rags on this kid gets a heatlthy dosage of M(crap)Tv every day, and kicks back on the crapper with their gleaming Disney's Adventure magazine. At least the guy is somewhat creative...and evil...and off his rocker.

Now on topic with his ridiculous observation. Would it really hurt Sega that much to put some new animations into this tired game? Granted it's the only decent RPG on the GC right now (That being the only reason I'm playing it as we "speak") I don't think it would've killed them to put in some other material besides a few new weapons and such. The floating story line does little for anyone into RPG's...though it's the whole online participation that makes this game worthwhile.

BOTTOM LINE: Sega(Sonic Team) is/are generally lazy. Rehash is never great. Mtv is and always will be horrible (Sure they still show some decent bands on there, but their general product sucks anus)

santaslilreaper
Aug 17, 2003, 11:34 PM
what was the point of this poll? and why r u talking in the third person? i think the world already has enough megalomaniacs.

Intimidacius
Aug 18, 2003, 08:22 AM
Quiet, quiet, quiet! Can't anyone read a poll and respond anymore? The only ones who can get this right are the ones taking the bait..er..the ones who hate Intimidacius..there we go. A poll about bedwetting boomas is not a poll for people to keep asking about things that are written elsewhere. You people, you people and your motor cars and electric toothbrushes. "A poll, hmm. Let's see, this guy really hates PSO. He asks if I wet my bed? I would answer, but instead I will decide to pester this Intimidakiousereljfdsakl with another inane question that has already been asked.

Here is your answer:
If the third person is so bad, why do people use it when talking with Intimidacius? dus intimidacius rite 4 u like dis, http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif , >:{? What is the average rainfall in the Amazon River Basin? (Allusion to Gary Larson was unnavoidable)

Intimidacius has never abandonned nobody, not never nowhere at no time, don't not misunderstand him never

Wewt
Aug 18, 2003, 09:21 AM
On 2003-08-15 12:13, Kupi wrote:
The more variables that have to be processed, the more laggy the game becomes. Grass Assassins always die the same way because if you were to fill the game with things like alternate animations for getting hit from different directions, too much info would have to be sent back and forth for a 56k to handle in a timely manner. And I hope you agree that lag is worse than an enemy that doesn't fall in the direction you hit it.

I'm not sure about that. Do you really thing the game would pass a packet of information to another client to say how the enemy died? I think it would send a packet that would just let the client know an enemy died, and the game would just process a random death animation... I'm just guessing...

Wufei
Aug 20, 2003, 01:17 PM
The bandwidth required to communicate various death animations would be miniscule, even on 56K.

You people need to stop ripping on Intimidacius. So he's not as boring as you when he talks in forums, big freaking deal.

SpyroDi
Aug 20, 2003, 09:33 PM
Well,anyway...

I'm not sure if it might be possible on the Xbox because of broadband...you never know.

And I believe that Delsabers and Gillchics are the only ones with more than one death animation,correct?

NKOTB
Aug 20, 2003, 11:11 PM
What would Freud say about him thinking about wetting the bed when he sees a monster die???

Intimidacius
Aug 21, 2003, 07:43 AM
Freud lived during the Victorian age, very different from today's standards. A lot of his theories on how children want to marry their parents and stuff were due to the standards of that time. Oh, Freud would think that by wetting the bed you are releasing your repressed memory. The monster dying triggers the memory to surface into the conscious causing friction that you would see as maybe a nightmare. The bedwetting would show you that you were just a little happy, nothing to be worried about.

..and the King of the Rappies raised his terrible claw and...

lil_devil
Aug 21, 2003, 08:49 AM
You do realise when you kill things,it's their blood on the ground,not their pee.

NKOTB
Aug 21, 2003, 01:55 PM
I thought it was Cristal.

Monomate
Aug 23, 2003, 09:38 PM
Intimadacius...you crack me up...you are one of the funniest guys i've ever had the pleasure of reading...and you are obviously well versed in the ways of Gary Larson...

and you are entirely right about PSO...i mean...the GameCube can handle so much more than that (i dunno bout the XBrick...)

but whatever...keep it up cool guy...

Suppa_Buddha
Aug 24, 2003, 01:33 AM
Super Buddha say, "Yay for third person!"