PDA

View Full Version : why do cheaters join

bordering
Aug 15, 2003, 04:43 PM
i mean, really. can't you have a tiny bit of respect? so you want to cheat, good for you. at this time in my pso career, i don't give a shit what you do. as long as you're not in game with me.

why is it that i, due to the fact that i want to play legit, can only ever find a good game amoung other people that i've known for a long time in locked rooms? that fucking sucks. i ewant to have at least a warped chance to play the game the way it was meant to be played, by occasionally venturing out into the pso public and meeting some new people. but i don't neccesarily want to meet cheaters while doing that.

i mean, if i ever make a "legits only" game on ant 8 or even deneb, about 50% of the people who join are dupers/dupe users. another 20% of the dupey jerks that join only join to scream obscenities in caps for some odd reason.

look, i don't care if you cheat. just don't do it in games titled "legit only". why would you join such a game if you know you're a cheater? just to be a dickhead. that's the only reason.

cheating in this game is akin to speeding on the hiway. there are situations where yea, it's still technically illeagal and hence "wrong"... but it's ok to go 90 miles an hour when, hypothetically, everyone around you is too. but i want to fucking drive at 55. that's what the right lane is for dammit. you've got the other three lanes to do whatever the fuck you please in. so get off my ass, dickhead.

just can't you 13 year olds show some decency and maturuity by staying out of games entitled "legits only". please? thank you, come again.

Rudoku
Aug 15, 2003, 07:01 PM
EDIT: Don't I feel stupid...I'll at least answer.

Its reverse psychology, whatever you say, they'll do the opposite. A No HUmar/BKB game will be visited by many (including myself, when I get a Blue-Black stone). And its fun to mess with people you don't know/care for...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rudoku on 2003-08-15 17:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rudoku on 2003-08-15 17:06 ]</font>

bordering
Aug 17, 2003, 03:22 PM
On 2003-08-15 17:01, Rudoku wrote:
EDIT: Don't I feel stupid...I'll at least answer.

Its reverse psychology, whatever you say, they'll do the opposite. A No HUmar/BKB game will be visited by many (including myself, when I get a Blue-Black stone). And its fun to mess with people you don't know/care for...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rudoku on 2003-08-15 17:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rudoku on 2003-08-15 17:06 ]</font>

yea, i know, that's what i'm saying. that people should grow up a little and have some damn decency. if, for instance, someone made a game called "dupersonlyplz" i wouldn't join it just to yell at them.

it's not like i HATE all dupers/dupe users. in fact, i can have plenty of fun joining random games where people are using duped/hacked items (as long as it's multiequip or maxed stats). i just played in a seabed run the other day with a few people from this board who were using duped items and we had a blast, for instance.

but sometimes, just sometimes, i only want to play with other legit players. why can't people respect that?

Symbios
Aug 17, 2003, 03:41 PM
As I once said, if you want to play legitly, you have to go to the JP servers. Beofre I was banned from PSOlife, someone said that the Americans are the idiots that cant play the game properly and had to look for every single glitch and cheat in the game. Sadly, its true. Unfortunately no one will cease to piss you off because they think its fun. Its like asking FSODers why they FSOD. They are just dumb. Period.

PABLOparavida
Aug 17, 2003, 05:42 PM
They have nothing to do with their time and they must have fun ruining people's items. It'll just teach you to only carry one weapon.

monkeyfist
Aug 17, 2003, 05:43 PM
i wish the sega put in a feature where anybody cheating has to wear a chicken suit and the only thing they can say is (im a stupid cheater) and there is a big arrow above their head that says cheater

^.^

_J
Aug 17, 2003, 05:47 PM
I don't know what your expecting. Kids will always act like kids. You will find legit games eventually.

Shattered_weasel
Aug 17, 2003, 05:50 PM
I highly doubt that there will be any legit games of any kind on any game.....EVER

Symbios
Aug 17, 2003, 06:59 PM
On 2003-08-17 15:50, Shattered_weasel wrote:
I highly doubt that there will be any legit games of any kind on any game.....EVER

Indeed. There will always be soem retard that just HAS to be better than everyone else and ends up finding the "invincible doom code".

PaNicK
Aug 18, 2003, 12:27 AM
Try hanging in Ant 8-13, you'll find some pretty cool people...I'm 13....I use dupes...I'm a considerate player. And besides...if anybody use's a tj sword there a n00b...with a high hit charge calibur you'll do more damage and have more ata to boot. Just try getting to know these players you insult without getting to know them 1st. Me, myself, don't see any problem with duping...it's just a game, and please don't try to preach to me and force your ideals on me. I'm a teen I get enough of that. Antares is Vega's sister ship didn't know that? =P

bordering
Aug 18, 2003, 01:11 AM
On 2003-08-17 15:47, _J wrote:
I don't know what your expecting. Kids will always act like kids. You will find legit games eventually.

well, i actually do know quite a few legit people i regualrily play with. not a clan per se, but we have our own message board and chars named in a series.

problem is that they're usually not on in the early daytime or late night, but in the evening. when i usually can't get on.

i don't think this post will change shit. i'm just, erm, y'know... ranting? yea, that's it.

like i said above, i don't hate cheaters usually. there are times when i'm fine with playing with them (as long as they are decent players and people). if i join an open game that i didn't make, i'm fully prepared to play with those people whether or not they're legit.

but there are just times when i'd really... rather... play with other legit players and not be around dupes. i don't see how that's so terrible. it's nice to meet someone worthy of the home ship. that's why i chance it and make one of those "legits please" games. not all legits are lucky enough to have access to a regular enclave of other legit players, unfortuneately. it'd be nice to be able to meet new legit players without being harrased by immature dupe users.

to whomever suggested i play on jp... well, i used to do that a LOT. jp players are generally legit, polite, etc etc. the only problem is that i can't really communicate with them. while they are good players, it's not as much fun to play this game if you can't talk to your teammates. besides, i corrupted on jp and i'm scared as shit of it now. i always got kinda laggy over there... and now... YIKES.

i wish that there was some way to divide the servers into cheater servers and legit servers. that way, cheaters could play with each other and be happy, and legits could play with each other and be happy. i guess there could also be another indiscriminate server where cheaters and legits could play together if they wished. total pipe dream, i know, but it WOULD be nice.

polishedweasel
Aug 18, 2003, 04:36 AM
Without reading any of those long winded posts, I will now put in my two cents:

As a duper/dupe user I don't go into a game to show off a flashy weapon that I got made for me. I go into the game to play the game and enjoy myself. My duped overused weapon isn't hurting you is it? Then you have no reason to fret over such nothingness. You want me to stop using my needle...ok, done.

It's that simple...noone gets mad at me for having dupes and most people that play PSO anyway are duper/dupe users. So, it's not uncommon to hear anything about duping.

NKOTB
Aug 18, 2003, 10:50 AM
On 2003-08-18 02:36, polishedweasel wrote:

As a duper/dupe user I don't go into a game to show off a flashy weapon that I got made for me. I go into the game to play the game and enjoy myself. My duped overused weapon isn't hurting you is it? Then you have no reason to fret over such nothingness. You want me to stop using my needle...ok, done.

It's a matter of respect, if someone asks for something simple like "legit only", you should not join if you are a duper.

And yes, it does hurt when a duper joins and kills everything in the room before legits have a chance to strike. It ruins the game for people that pay tons of money to play (especially for those who play PSOX).

In my opinion, the ONLY reason a duper/hacker joins a legit game is because he is a trying to be a dick.

bordering
Aug 18, 2003, 11:27 AM
On 2003-08-18 02:36, polishedweasel wrote:

It's that simple...noone gets mad at me for having dupes and most people that play PSO anyway are duper/dupe users. So, it's not uncommon to hear anything about duping.

yes, well, if you had botherd to read my posts you'd see that i don't always mind playing with dupers/dupe users. hell, some of my good freinds have been memebers of the darkside... i even used to play with a hacker.

and, furthermore, most of the legits i play with now have been playing since DC and used to cheat bigtime on that.

i'm NOT phlanax mark II.

i just sometimes want to be able to venture into american pso public and meet new legit players without getting harrased by dupe users who join "legit only" games JUST to be dicks. i really really REALLY can't see anything wrong with that.

Stricker
Aug 18, 2003, 12:27 PM
I know what you mean. :/

If you wanna play with legits, then mail some of your real friends to join you in a password team. Its very difficult to find a legit person anyway.

_Sinue_
Aug 19, 2003, 04:51 AM
Forget about joining a legit game in the US ships. I play whereever there's an open game.. and no matter where I go.. there's cheaters everywhere. The only games where legits seem to hang out is in locked games.. which does me a fuck of a lot of good. So I put up with the cheaters and ocassionally might run across another legit out there and snag their card.. but getting repeat games with that person going on is usually futile.

I did start cheating on one of my characters.. but she was getting seriously neglected and I wanted at least one that could keep pace with the other cheaters. As a result, I still end up playing my legit FOnewearl more as she's much more fun.

It's a catch 22. It's no fun going into a game and fighting to keep pace.. but when you cheat.. there's no sence of advancement or accomplishment which also strips away the fun.

If she wasn't cheated up to meet her storyline specs.. I'd just delete her and start all over. = /

bordering
Aug 19, 2003, 10:07 AM
jeeze, sinue you should come around more often. it has been a bit dead of late, but just let whomever in the lobby know that you're a frustrated legit, i'm sure they'll play with ya. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

AUTO_
Aug 19, 2003, 01:38 PM
I couldn't agree more with the original post.

Aurra
Aug 19, 2003, 02:44 PM
Haha well, I'm legit by most people's standards. I don't use or have any duped items, on any of my characters, and I leveled up legitimately. bordering if you want a game me ever, I'd be happy to provide http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kanore
Aug 19, 2003, 03:06 PM
On 2003-08-17 22:27, PaNicK wrote:
Try hanging in Ant 8-13, you'll find some pretty cool people...I'm 13....I use dupes...I'm a considerate player. And besides...if anybody use's a tj sword there a n00b...with a high hit charge calibur you'll do more damage and have more ata to boot. Just try getting to know these players you insult without getting to know them 1st. Me, myself, don't see any problem with duping...it's just a game, and please don't try to preach to me and force your ideals on me. I'm a teen I get enough of that. Antares is Vega's sister ship didn't know that? =P

I love Charge Caliburs with hit... now, to start a HUcast... >:)

bordering
Aug 19, 2003, 03:29 PM
awww, thanks aurra. i've seen someone named Aurra in deneb 9 before, if things go dead on my home ship again, i'll hit you up sometime. my main problem is that most of my freinds (who i love to death) play during the evening, which is when it's most difficult for me to play (gets me into trouble with the spouse). i get most of my online time in late at night... or i could do it during the day, but there's never ANYONE on at all during the day.

Firocket1690
Aug 22, 2003, 05:47 PM
Antares' Resident Legit right here !!
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Times Avalable:
Saturday: 7P.M. - 2 A.M.
Sunday: 6-8 P.M.
All above mentioned times are in EST

Gestiv
Aug 22, 2003, 06:27 PM
... It's easier to ask for legit players in lobbies, than to make games and wait for a legit to join. You have to go find them, not have them find you. And if you're wondering, I am a dupe user, but I have several legit rares that I use regularly (I'm especially proud of my Stag Cutlery), so I guess you could call me borderline. I have fun w/ my duped weps and my legits, and I know many a player like me, and I enjoy playing the game that way.