Aug 16, 2003, 04:33 PM
Hi...........

Dime
Aug 16, 2003, 04:34 PM
What's up.

Obscenity
Aug 16, 2003, 04:35 PM
Greetings, mortal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obscenity on 2003-08-16 14:35 ]</font>

Shattered_weasel
Aug 16, 2003, 07:02 PM
Since when was i the mortal

VolOpt2003
Aug 16, 2003, 07:07 PM
Hey Dudes!!!

Shattered_weasel
Aug 16, 2003, 08:06 PM
hello young child

VolOpt2003
Aug 16, 2003, 08:13 PM
15 = not young but teenager

but anyway

Dime
Aug 16, 2003, 08:13 PM
You don't act 15

VolOpt2003
Aug 16, 2003, 08:16 PM
it was a joke saying "hey dudes"
i really meant hello!

Shattered_weasel
Aug 16, 2003, 08:19 PM
i have that condition where you say random things..................

VolOpt2003
Aug 16, 2003, 08:20 PM
eh?

Shattered_weasel
Aug 16, 2003, 08:21 PM
like right now out of the blue i started to think about cheese whiz.......why

Cannibal-Snowman
Aug 16, 2003, 08:22 PM
Radioactive PIGS!!!

I do it, too.

VolOpt2003
Aug 16, 2003, 08:23 PM
i think of sleep and food

Rep0
Aug 16, 2003, 09:16 PM
ADD

Shattered_weasel
Aug 16, 2003, 10:41 PM
no not ADD.....although i have been known to chug a few pills of riddlen

Shadow82
Aug 16, 2003, 10:55 PM
Turrets?

Shattered_weasel
Aug 16, 2003, 11:44 PM
there we go u win the prize

polishedweasel
Aug 17, 2003, 02:42 AM
and what would that prize be...and Shattered is 15 too. ANd grounded....again! ha ha! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shadow82
Aug 17, 2003, 02:44 AM
Ok...been waitin for the prize.Wait,now that I think of it,maybe I DON'T want it.

Dime
Aug 17, 2003, 12:13 PM
I want to be a weasel as well.

I am ElusiveWeasel!

Obscenity
Aug 17, 2003, 12:38 PM
On 2003-08-16 20:55, Shadow82 wrote:
Turrets?

Tourette's. Turrets are where they put machine guns.

VolOpt2003
Aug 17, 2003, 12:40 PM
me too i will be HydroElectricWeasel

Cannibal-Snowman
Aug 17, 2003, 12:47 PM
Did anybody hear me?

Radioactive Pigs!!!!!

VolOpt2003
Aug 17, 2003, 12:55 PM
i like bacon

Obscenity
Aug 17, 2003, 01:06 PM
On 2003-08-17 10:55, VolOpt2003 wrote:
i like bacon

What kind of a fool doesn't? No offense meant to Jewish people. You aren't fools, but you do get my pity. What a horrible existence it must be to not enjoy the finest food this planet has to offer.

Dime
Aug 17, 2003, 01:15 PM
I like Turkey Bacon. Tastes even better.

Obscenity
Aug 17, 2003, 01:17 PM
On 2003-08-17 11:15, Dime wrote:
I like Turkey Bacon. Tastes even better.

It shouldn't even be allowed to be called turkey bacon. At least put the bacon in quotes. Or call it bacon-like substance made from processed turkey.

VolOpt2003
Aug 17, 2003, 01:20 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sleep.gif

Dime
Aug 17, 2003, 01:31 PM
...Turkey Bacon.

Shadow82
Aug 17, 2003, 04:52 PM
On 2003-08-17 10:38, Obscenity wrote:

Turrets?

Tourette's. Turrets are where they put machine guns.

Meh,still get points for tryin right?

Dime
Aug 17, 2003, 05:08 PM
No, trying isn't good enough. Regardless of what your 4th grade teacher says.

Obscenity
Aug 17, 2003, 05:10 PM
Trying is the first step to failure.

-Homer Simpson

Captain_Bob
Aug 17, 2003, 05:30 PM
Turrets?

Missile Turrets are essential for defending any base...
Starcraft is fun!

_J
Aug 17, 2003, 05:32 PM
no not ADD.....although i have been known to chug a few pills of riddlen

Turrets?

there we go u win the prize

Tourette's Disorder
American Description

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diagnostic Criteria
Both multiple motor and one or more vocal tics have been present at some time during the illness, although not necessarily concurrently. (A tic is a sudden, rapid, recurrent, nonrhythmic, stereotyped motor movement or vocalization.)
The tics occur many times a day (usually in bouts) nearly every day or intermittently throughout a period of more than 1 year, and during this period there was never a tic-free period of more than 3 consecutive months.
The disturbance causes marked distress or significant impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.
The onset is before age 18 years.
The disturbance is not due to the direct physiological effects of a substance (e.g., stimulants) or a general medical condition (e.g., Huntington's disease or postviral encephalitis).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Differential Diagnosis
Abnormal movements that may accompany general medical conditions; direct effects of a substance; Choreiform movements; Dystonic movements; Athetoid movements; Myoclonic movements; Hemiballismic movements; Spasms; Hemifacial spasm; Synkinesis; Medication-Induced Movement Disorder Not Otherwise Specified; Stereotypic Movement Disorder; Pervasive Developmental Disorders; compulsions; Schizophrenia; Transient Tic Disorder; Tourette's Disorder; Chronic Motor or Vocal Tic Disorder; Tic Disorder Not Otherwise Specified.

to top

Internet Mental Health (www.mentalhealth.com) copyright © 1995-2003 by Phillip W. Long, M.D.

Or...

Tourette's Disorder
European Description

The ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioural Disorders
World Health Organization, Geneva, 1992

F95 Tic Disorders
The predominant manifestation in these syndromes is some form of tic. A tic is an involuntary, rapid, recurrent, non-rhythmic motor movement (usually involving circumscribed muscle groups), or vocal production, that is of sudden onset and serves no apparent purpose. Tics tend to be experienced as irresistible but they can usually be suppressed for varying periods of time. Both motor and vocal tics may be classified as either simple or complex, although the boundaries are not well defined. Common simple motor tics include eye-blinking, neck-jerking, shoulder-shrugging, and facial grimacing. Common simple vocal tics include throat-clearing, barking, sniffing, and hissing. Common complex tics include hitting one's self, jumping, and hopping. Common complex vocal tics include the repetition of particular words, and sometimes the use of socially unacceptable (often obscene) words (coprolalia), and the repetition of one's own sounds or words (palilalia).

There is immense variation in the severity of tics. At the one extreme the phenomenon is near-normal, with perhaps 1 in 5 to 1 in 10 children showing transient tics at some time. At the other extreme, Tourette's syndrome is an uncommon, chronic, incapacitating disorder. There is uncertainty about whether these extremes represent different conditions or are opposite ends of the same continuum; many authorities regard the latter as more likely. Tic disorders are substantially more frequent in boys than in girls and a family history of tics is common.

Diagnostic Guidelines
The major features distinguishing tics from other motor disorders are the sudden, rapid, transient, and circumscribed nature of the movements, together with the lack of evidence of underlying neurological disorder; their repetitiveness; (usually) their disappearance during sleep; and the ease with which they may be voluntarily reproduced or suppressed. The lack of rhythmicity differentiates tics from the stereotyped repetitive movements seen in some cases of autism or of mental retardation. Manneristic motor activities seen in the same disorders tend to comprise more complex and variable movements than those usually seen with tics. Obsessive compulsive activities sometimes resemble complex tics but differ in that their form tends to be defined by their purpose (such as touching some object or turning a number of times) rather than by the muscle groups involved; however, the differentiation is sometimes difficult.

Tics often occur as an isolated phenomenon but not infrequently they are associated with a wide variety of emotional disturbances, especially, perhaps, obsessional and hypochondriacal phenomena. However, specific developmental delays are also associated with tics.

There is no clear dividing line between tic disorder with some associated emotional disturbance and an emotional disorder with some associated tics. However, the diagnosis should represent the major type of abnormality.

F95.2 Combined vocal and multiple motor tic disorder [de la Tourette's syndrome]
A form of tic disorder in which there are, or have been, multiple motor tics and one or more vocal tics, although these need not have occurred concurrently. Onset is almost always in childhood or adolescence. A history of motor tics before development of vocal tics is common; the symptoms frequently worsen during adolescence, and it is common for the disorder to persist into adult life.

The vocal tics are often multiple with explosive repetitive vocalizations, throat-clearing, and grunting, and there may be the use of obscene words or phrases. Sometimes there is associated gestural echopraxia, which also may be of an obscene nature (copropraxia). As with motor tics, the vocal tics may be voluntarily suppressed for short periods, be exacerbated by stress, and disappear during sleep.

to top

ICD-10 copyright © 1992 by World Health Organization.
Internet Mental Health (www.mentalhealth.com) copyright © 1995-2003 by Phillip W. Long, M.D.

My heart is breaking.

Shadow82
Aug 17, 2003, 07:30 PM
Wow.Too bad I have to attention span of a hamster,or I may have learned something!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow82 on 2003-08-17 17:30 ]</font>

Shattered_weasel
Aug 17, 2003, 07:33 PM
exactly iiIii