PDA

View Full Version : Its just not worth it...

Rurisho
Aug 18, 2003, 08:38 PM
After a hard afternoons trading i made an Ultimate game and decided to level up a bit before packing in for the night. Then some -insert string of cursewords here- came into my game and simply LIFTED items out of my equips. Like ALL of them. Nope, no trade or anything. The guy wandered in and started simply removing things from my equip. Ive heard of something like it before.
They got into my bank too but i reset the game before about half of my items were taken
"Damn thats annoying" i thought but i wasnt TOO peeved because i have a USB memory card and all my items backed up. Just in case such a situaton should occur.

But guess what? Yes, you guessed it. All my backups had suffered CORRUPTION.

Bloody stupid game. I'd rather go back to the DC. At least i didnt have to PAY for this crap there.

ABDUR101
Aug 18, 2003, 08:41 PM
...why would you reset? You could have done it safely just by going to "Quit". =

*moves to rants*

Rurisho
Aug 18, 2003, 09:34 PM
No, the USB is a seperate card. My original card (an official one) is fine, save for the loss of those items. HOWEVER the fact remains that people are paying to play a game riddled with easily exploited bugs. Some of which seem to have been ADDED since the orignal version. And the AR hasnt even really taken off yet. Thatll be fun when people start having to hide in locked games again. Well, more so.

Intimidacius
Aug 21, 2003, 08:00 AM
You have got a point. The game is seriously flawed. The graphics are a few steps behind a Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen game. The plot....there is none. The glitches are the only real draw to the game. It is so much fun just finding every little mistake they made! How many versions have they come out with so far? And they still can't get it right? Oh well, give it a wheel because even a turd with a wheel can have at least one ounce of fun. Just to let you know, ST does hate you. They hate you a lot.

Rolling around at the speed of sound, I've got places to go...something about following a rainbow. Can't stick around have to keep moving on...

Mystil
Aug 21, 2003, 10:38 AM
Blah, that really bites. Luckily all my stuff sucks and no will bother taking them. Yet more proof that the GC version is going downhill.

Symbios
Aug 21, 2003, 12:49 PM
Was this on the GC version? I never heard of anyone actually taking the items out of your hands/bank. If this was on the xbox, its no surprise.

Obscenity
Aug 21, 2003, 02:58 PM
On 2003-08-21 10:49, Symbios wrote:
Was this on the GC version? I never heard of anyone actually taking the items out of your hands/bank. If this was on the xbox, its no surprise.

Why do you say that? The Xbox version isn't the one where everyone is still duping in the shop, multi-equipping, maxing their stats, etc...

Symbios
Aug 24, 2003, 11:59 AM
Uhh i never heard of anyone in the GC version actually coming in a game and actually taking out your items from your inventory with doing a ghost trade or soemthing.

polishedweasel
Aug 25, 2003, 07:29 AM
On 2003-08-24 09:59, Symbios wrote:
Uhh i never heard of anyone in the GC version actually coming in a game and actually taking out your items from your inventory with doing a ghost trade or soemthing.

Yes but there are people that know how to do it...and technically it's impossible to do on Xbox, because it uses the same basic thinking as the multi equip trick. Weasel knows how to ghost trade...but I'm a nice person.

_J
Aug 25, 2003, 04:57 PM
Yes but there are people that know how to do it...and technically it's impossible to do on Xbox, because it uses the same basic thinking as the multi equip trick. Weasel knows how to ghost trade...but I'm a nice person.

Just when we was all starting to shit ourselves thinking about what you might do...phew.

Oh, wait a second! No one actually gives a flying fuck what you say you can do. Silly me.

But seriously, I knew about the stealing in trade window but they can do it without any window now?? I'll believe that when I see it.

Inu_Ranma
Aug 25, 2003, 05:09 PM
[/quote]

Why do you say that? The Xbox version isn't the one where everyone is still duping in the shop, multi-equipping, maxing their stats, etc...

[/quote]

That is one of the funniest things I've heard in a very long time. Have you not seen the people on X-Box, level one, walking around ultimate and doing more damage than the level 100's, wearing class-restrictive armor for another class, wielding class-restrictive weapons for another class?

*blue in the face laughter*

_J
Aug 25, 2003, 05:15 PM
Hey Mr Grammartically correct, "approaching two degree's", "one in this context" - you forgot to press the quote button in the right order...DUUURRRRR, ME SMART!

But yeah, that guy obviously doesn't know much about the state of the Xbox.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _J on 2003-08-25 15:17 ]</font>

Sagasu
Aug 25, 2003, 06:44 PM
Its gotten off topic, just ignore _j, youll all be better off.

_J
Aug 25, 2003, 06:49 PM
Its gotten off topic, just ignore _j, youll all be better off.

'Ignorance is bliss' - so sayeth the Wise Moron.

Sagasu
Aug 25, 2003, 07:25 PM
Ignorance is bliss for the time being, but when you are forced out of ignorance, you never can return quite the same...

_J
Aug 25, 2003, 07:36 PM
Ignorance is bliss for the time being, but when you are forced out of ignorance, you never can return quite the same...

You sure try hard to sound poetic...

Zarana
Aug 25, 2003, 09:16 PM
Define 'poetic,' _J. Once you do, you'll see why you shouldn't have picked that word to describe him.

... In fact, I'll save you the trouble.

"poetic" - adjective (ALSO poetical)

1 like or relating to poetry or poets

2 (APPROVING) very beautiful or expressing emotion

Well, I know for a fact that it's not like or relating to poetry or poets, since the term "ignorance is bliss" is far more of a philosophy than a poem.

And unless you think what he told you was very beautiful, you're wrong there too. Because what he said was a distinctly emotionless and matter-of-fact phrase.

_J
Aug 25, 2003, 09:22 PM
Define 'poetic,' _J. Once you do, you'll see why you shouldn't have picked that word to describe him.

... In fact, I'll save you the trouble.

"poetic" - adjective (ALSO poetical)

1 like or relating to poetry or poets

2 (APPROVING) very beautiful or expressing emotion

Well, I know for a fact that it's not like or relating to poetry or poets, since the term "ignorance is bliss" is far more of a philosophy than a poem.

And unless you think what he told you was very beautiful, you're wrong there too. Because what he said was a distinctly emotionless and matter-of-fact phrase.

Hey, don't look at me if you don't know what it means in that context - and you have to grab the nearest dictionary to try and understand. That's your problem, not mine.

Zarana
Aug 25, 2003, 11:10 PM
Hey, don't look at me if you don't know what it means in that context - and you have to grab the nearest dictionary to try and understand. That's your problem, not mine.

What he means to say is "hey kettle, you're black!"

Anyway, _J, thanks for being such an amusement while I wrote that essay. I also must thank you for making that intelligence/wisdom topic, I'm glad you did all that just for me. I'm afraid I must leave you now, but I can assure you I had fun.

One more bit of advice before I go, though. The word you were probably looking for was 'philosophical,' _J. Because what he said definitely is related to philosophy. In fact, here's the second definition while I'm at it.

philosophical - "If you are philosophical in your reaction to something which is not satisfactory, you accept it calmly and without anger, understanding that failure and disappointment are a part of life."

My stars, that fits what he said like a glove.

Wewt
Aug 26, 2003, 06:42 AM
On 2003-08-25 15:15, _J wrote:

Hey Mr Grammartically correct, "approaching two degree's", "one in this context" - you forgot to press the quote button in the right order...DUUURRRRR, ME SMART!

But yeah, that guy obviously doesn't know much about the state of the Xbox.
Why are you always jumping on others for no reason? Seriously. You seem like someone who is angry at not being praised enough, so you unleash that anger and frustration onto others who say something that is even remotely smart, to make yourself feel better. And stop with the I-Don't-care-what-you-think attitude already, you obviously do if you reply each and every time somebody criticises you or your posts.

_J
Aug 26, 2003, 07:15 AM
Why are you always jumping on others for no reason? Seriously. You seem like someone who is angry at not being praised enough, so you unleash that anger and frustration onto others who say something that is even remotely smart, to make yourself feel better. And stop with the I-Don't-care-what-you-think attitude already, you obviously do if you reply each and every time somebody criticises you or your posts.

Only because the "critcisims" are like the ones Zanara posts, and thus deserve to be shown up. You all blame me for "attacking" you - I'm not the one who makes the stupid posts in the first place. If you don't say something stupid, I won't call you stupid. It's very simple.

Inu_Ranma
Aug 26, 2003, 12:29 PM
I think he blamed you for attacking me. In this case, though you were a bit extreme, I believe that you were correct with your general direction of attack. In any case, I usually don't give a Flying @#%^. Have fun!