PDA

View Full Version : EP3: i just got ep3 in the mail this morning.....

Q64
Aug 18, 2003, 10:29 PM
First of all i was disapointed that none of the chars had new hair styles, costumes, or anything new at all. And the graphics dont seem improved.

the gameplay:
at the very beginning of each match you roll a dye to see who goes first. If you go first, you then roll two dice to determine your attack and defense for that turn only. (when it is your turn once more, you roll the dice again to determine your new atk and def). The attack determines what weapon you can take out and how many spaces you can move across the grid.

Ex: you roll a six for atk. you could take out a db saber. this uses 2 points of the six (different weapons require different amounts of points to take out). Your left with 4 points. You then can move up to 4 spaces if you wanted with the remaining points. But it costs one point to actually attack, so i wouldn't move more than 3 spaces.____And thats it for what the roll on attack determines.

As for the roll on defense, im still not exactly sure what it does. I am pretty sure that when the computer attacks, the defense roll determines how much damage their attack does to you.

And at the end of everymatch they grade you on your performance. If you take very little turns to win the match, you can get an S rank at best. Also at the end of every match, you get to open a new pack of cards. The amount of cards in the pack you recieve is determined by your grade. The best I'v done so far is an A+, i think you get somewhere around nine cards in a pack for that. The best card iv gotten so far is probably a red handgun. (i havent played THAT much yet)

And if anyone has any questions, i could probably answer them.

O yea, i just have to say one more thing........ it is fun. [/img][url]

Sumo
Aug 18, 2003, 10:33 PM
I hav a question: Do u get Mags?

Reece
Aug 18, 2003, 10:36 PM
Mags come in the form of Cards. Check out the F&Q for ep3

Dgo
Aug 18, 2003, 11:01 PM
Hmmm theres hope after all....

LollipopLolita
Aug 19, 2003, 01:14 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1273

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewtopsection&section=Episode+3

Elusive_Llama
Aug 19, 2003, 01:27 AM
the gameplay:
at the very beginning of each match you roll a dye to see who goes first. If you go first, you then roll two dice to determine your attack and defense for that turn only. (when it is your turn once more, you roll the dice again to determine your new atk and def). The attack determines what weapon you can take out and how many spaces you can move across the grid.

zzzzZzzzZZZzzZZz...

Wow, amazing how the frantic, fast-paced chaos of PSO Ep. 1 & 2 has evolved into a mind-numbing game of dice and cards.

Yeah, I sound rather negative. So blame me for seeing the next installment of PSO toss everything that ever made the game so interesting in the first place, namely real-time combat...

AndyPandy
Aug 19, 2003, 02:47 AM
On 2003-08-18 23:27, Elusive_Llama wrote:

the gameplay:

zzzzZzzzZZZzzZZz...

Wow, amazing how the frantic, fast-paced chaos of PSO Ep. 1 & 2 has evolved into a mind-numbing game of dice and cards.

Yeah, I sound rather negative. So blame me for seeing the next installment of PSO toss everything that ever made the game so interesting in the first place, namely real-time combat...

I think the idea is that you are meant to play it along side Episodes 1 & 2. Its mearly a diversionchange from the original game. My bet is that they are working on PSO4 now.

AngelAlys
Aug 19, 2003, 03:16 AM
God! I really hope so because this sounds like the biggest pile of steaming poo I've heard on in ages. It's Yug-i-oh with PSO characters. Luckily for me I'm from the UK so it wont reach our shores until at least 2035.... Now when is lemmings coming out on the master system overhear... hmmmmmmmmmm http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Butoden
Aug 19, 2003, 04:04 AM
Well I don't like it how it turned from real time to turn based and based on luck and dices :

Mazarin
Aug 19, 2003, 05:35 AM
On 2003-08-19 00:47, AndyPandy wrote:
My bet is that they are working on PSO4 now.

I will bet my CAR that they aren't. They still have yet to make PSO2, remember...

IMHO, if you're gonna make a damn card game, make a CARD game, not a VIDEO game. Waste of time, waste of programming, and a waste of money.

Synch
Aug 19, 2003, 06:03 AM
I gotta agree with the majority of people, PSO Episode 3 is looking to be pants. I'm not saying I wouldn't go out and buy it cause I probably will http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif it's just changing things from the way we know it to some card based game is putting me off some what. Have to see more of it when it's close to being released in the UK, although that's ages away as usual. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

AndyPandy
Aug 19, 2003, 06:09 AM
Well, your are all entitled to your own opinion, but I myself usually only pass comment when I have actually played the final product.

Saladwood
Aug 19, 2003, 06:21 AM
On 2003-08-19 03:35, Mazarin wrote:
I will bet my CAR that they aren't. They still have yet to make PSO2, remember...

Well if it ever comes out, I know who to look for for a free car.

Neoluke12
Aug 19, 2003, 06:48 AM
There wont be a new Pso4 as Pso3 was the last one online, yet they might be bringing out a phantasy star but not online!!!! If this is the case then i might commit sucicide lol. It is in one of the forums!!!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bondage.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neoluke12 on 2003-08-19 04:49 ]</font>

AngelAlys
Aug 19, 2003, 06:51 AM
Fair enough Andy Pandy, you have genuinely played it and we are all full of opinion. But i have to agree with the point of Mazarin, that if you wanna make a card game, make a card game dont make a video game. I bought Yugi-oh for the PS1 and after about 3 days I was bored stupid... card games ended with the abismal Pokemon ethos and is [in my opinion] unimaginative tripe [good old English term for s**t there... lol]

Sega Team, get off your fat asses and start thinking of more creative levels, more evolution of PSO. This card game milarky [dont ask] is backward rubbish http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Solidus_Snake
Aug 19, 2003, 09:51 AM
BRIMSTONE SHALL RAIN DOWN FROM THE SKY AND LIGHTNING MAY STRIKE DOWN THEE!!

Kade
Aug 19, 2003, 10:02 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There wont be a new Pso4 as Pso3 was the last one online, yet they might be bringing out a phantasy star but not online!!!! If this is the case then i might commit sucicide lol. It is in one of the forums!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you kidding me?! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

AngelofEnders
Aug 19, 2003, 10:04 AM
If you've played other people in card games and get bored then I'd understand the all the gripe about it. But if you haven't tried it yet then the least you can do is give a shot with high expectations instead of assuming it's going to be utter trash based on a few opinions and screenshots.

AngelAlys
Aug 19, 2003, 10:39 AM
Mmmm... I love Phantasy Star dont get me wrong. My point is that they are taking a 100 mile an hour game and slapping a 20 mile an hour speed limit on it.

Card games are notoriously slow and I dont think the fan base of PSO are going to accept this next installment. Card games are a FAD, they come and go in a blink of the eye, PSO has been so popular because it appeals to various groups of us the RPGers, the Hack'n'Slashers, the Communicators, the Collectors, the Designers, the Cheaters... etc...

On top of that this is a completely unoriginal idea, its a reactionary "band wagon" attitude to gaming. As with most software house, when an idea comes out [the card game, brought to the forground by Final Fantasy 8 no less] people flog it to death [Yugi-oh, Pokemon, Digimon etc...] and this appears to be the case here

Here's an idea, how about looking for evolution and developing the game into other areas. Looking at the possibility of bigger teams, more actions for the characters, more interactive attcking methods, a bigger role for mags... these are just a minute few ideas that Sega could look at to DEVELOP PSO, but oh no... let's throw out a bloody card game... With that in mind do you really think people are going to buy this???

I think it would be a great idea if the administrators of this site put a Pole up to see if people are excited by this direction of PSO Ep III or not. Because from the people I've spoken to and the responses on this site, there appears to be a very negative vibe towards it... and in my opinion quite rightly too...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelAlys on 2003-08-19 09:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelAlys on 2003-08-19 09:27 ]</font>

Q64
Aug 19, 2003, 11:35 AM
Damn, am i the only one who likes the f***ing game or what. Your being too negative towards it, i didnt like it at first either but its still really fun. And the card collecting part is what keeps you going. Cuz your always lookin for a new and better card.

I own the trial, and will soon own the final japanese version, and i can judge it negatively if i want cuz iv actually played it extensively, but instead i have positive results because i think its a fun strategic game instead of the skill-less hack and slash gameplay.

My point is that i like the game. I think i like real time better still, but this is a sorta nice break from that style of gameplay. The game doesnt suck, but i think sega could have done somethin better yet.

vegeta000110
Aug 19, 2003, 11:50 AM
I like ep.3 from what I seen. However, I think the key to why card games are fads in certain areas is those people are bored of the repeditive gameplay of them almost always winning/losing and lack of change. I know I sometimes get bored of a card game because I don't buy enough of the cards to win. That's the key point to why games like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh are fads. Once one rich SOB buys like 5 of every good card out there, there is no doubt, he will win. Anyway, as long as Ep.3 is like ep.1&2 with the great replay value (especially offline because I swear I can't find anyone in my area who carries the modems), then I don't mind it being a completely different game compared to ep.1&2. Before PSO I favored Turn-Based anyway.

Rain_1
Aug 19, 2003, 11:56 AM
I say ditch all this yu-gi-oh crap (or magic, if you're into the "omfg it can't be a yu-gi-oh ripoff since card games existed since forever!" defense) and create a new MMORPG based on PSO, with 1000 people walking and partying around on huge maps...

And for the love of good, make the rare drops better, dammit.. no wonder everybody cheats their head offs... 50 hours on pso pc and only 2 rare drops.. and they weren't even directed to me.. some other dude got them online (yeah, i know it's old.. i hope it's better on Ep. I+II, since i haven't had the chance to play that yet...)...

LollipopLolita
Aug 19, 2003, 02:56 PM
poeple you can't compare this new ep 3 to the old ones. it's a completely new game. and hell i'm enjoying the damn game and having fun with it, since i can keep an open mind and have a fair perspective.

Nai_Calus
Aug 19, 2003, 06:26 PM
I'm not really excited at all about the game, and it's not because I have an 'OMFG card games are teh suck lame!' mindset, either.

First of all, a lot of what I enjoy about PSO is creating a new character that I like the looks of, playing that character, and using my overactive imagination to give him/her a personality and/or backstory, which is a marvellous way to get attached to your characters and keep playing them long after you've reached the point of 'Why the hell am I still doing this? Anything I want this character actually finds, I've gotten elsewhere already or could easily get it, and this class sucks balls for most things anyways'. I still play my poor ORAN HUmar because I like him. Ep3 has taken character creation and made it pointless. You'll never actually really -use- that character, apparently, just the NPCs. Set non-created characters are fine, I do like standard RPGs like FF and Chrono Trigger after all, but I want them in an actual honest to god RPG. PSO is not known for it's entralling plot and character interaction, and if I'm using characters I didn't create, I kind of like being able to get to know them, y'know? It's just the way I am.

Secondly, the reason I depend on liking my characters to keep me going is the fact that I can't get online. Can't get a job, literally have no way to get to it, I have a problem with my eyes that would make me an extreme danger to myself and others on the road and for that reason I'm exceedingl hesitant to learn, and I live in a nearly rural mountain area with extremely poor public transportation that cannot be relied on, and walking/biking is not an option, as the nearest civilization where one could actually obtain one is a good 10 miles from my house, and my mother is an insurance auditor and does not keep regular hours as her job consists of driving to people's businesses and checking their records there. So I have no money to even get a modem/BBA, and since I don't and have no way of paying for the internet connection, I use AOL dialup which wouldn't work anyways AFAIK. We have DSL, but it's for her work laptop and isn't run to any of the other computers in the house. Obviously, I can't afford a HL either. So online is pretty much completely and utterly out. This isn't too bad of a problem with ep1&2, where I can keep myself amused, keep looking for that one monster that has that weapon I want, keep working towards that next level, figure out better strategies for fighting x boss or monster... Card games, especially ones where luck seems to be a large determining factor, really need to be played with other people to keep any sort of interest. You -can- get out a deck of playing cards and play War or Poker or something with yourself, or get out some Pokemon or MTG or whatever cards and play with yourself, but that gets boring extremely quickly, especially since you know what you're going to do... And from what people have said, unless they -really- fix the AI for the final version, playing against that isn't going to be much more of a challenge than playing against yourself. O_o;

Who knows, maybe the final version will fix this, and have an incredibly interesting and fascinating single-player offline mode that will utterly blow me away(I'll probably find some way to get it even despite my doubts, unless it's like the xbox version of ep1&2 and makes you have a connection to play at all, just to try it, for all I know I might actually like it once I play it myself), but for now I'm extremely skeptical, as from what I've heard and seen so far, ep3 eliminates entirely the things that intrested me in PSO in the first place... But I'm not bashing it, or saying it sucks, it just doesn't seem to be my cup of tea, y'know? And I do plan to try it out if I can, it might surprise me and be as addicting as the original style... But as things stand, right now, I'm not really excited or looking foward to it, just curious. *shrug* My two cents. The old-fashioned kind that are bigger than silver dollars. >_>;

LollipopLolita
Aug 19, 2003, 06:28 PM
see now, if ian-kunx can do it in a good fair and mature way, i'm sure other people can too

Rain_1
Aug 19, 2003, 09:30 PM
don't get me wrong.. card games are nice....

it's not like "omfg ít'll be teh sux cuz it's a card game"... it'll be "teh sux" because it's not a adventure game... a kind of game which i enjoy much, much more than a regular card game...

which i like, btw.. i don't play it 24/7 like i used to play pso, but they're nice.... i'd love if it was a add-on to a new phantasy star game (like the lobby soccer was a addon to ver2)... but as a stand alone game... meh, i'll pass it...

Kezay
Aug 19, 2003, 09:54 PM
My opinion might be biased but oh well.

Actually I look forward to Ep.3. My brother and I were avid PTCG fans and I to me the new PSO will be a welcome addition. Besides although it's a bad thing that it goes from the fast paced antics of Ep 1 and 2 to the seemingly slow Ep 3, TCG's, Card games and the sort in general are slow because it's a game involving strategy. Do you go in making full out a assaults? Or do you take the time to plan ahead to not only take down your enemy but defend against their attacks? Sounds like my kind of game.

TheTrueJanus
Aug 19, 2003, 10:00 PM
Now when I heard that Episode 3 was going to be a card game, I was shocked and interested at the same time. I'm looking forward to seeing how the game is played, because I'm not all that sure how you control things (my first idea of it came out like Lost Kingdoms, which I like very much). This is like the same situation with people and the Legend of Zelda series. They all knew and loved Ocarina of Time, because of how the graphics were (at the time). Then Majora's Mask came out, people still liked that (to an extent). But then people saw the graphics of Wind Waker and immediately rejected it, because of how it looked. 'That game sucks' was the generic opinion of it, but I bought and played it and the only difference between it and the past Zelda's are the graphics. The gameplay is actually way better. So people, don't judge this game by how it looks or sounds until you have played it. It really does look like it will be interesting, and I know for a fact I'm going to buy it when it comes out to see how it is. And by the way, there will be no PSO4 or Episode 4, Sonic Team is creating a new storyline for the next PSO, so it will be something like PSO2 or a new title, but the Red Ring Rico and Flowen storylines are done after this (I know this site mentioned it a while ago or something like that, so this is just reminding people of it). That is all

AUTO_
Aug 20, 2003, 01:17 AM
Let's all bash a game we haven't played.

While we're at it, let's make assumptions HOW the game is played when we have no fucking clue.

Most people who HAVE (have) played it seem to like it-perhaps we should be a little more open minded?

AngelAlys
Aug 20, 2003, 03:00 AM
Right, can I clear a few things up please... Regarding my comments on Ep 3 and certain responses too... I am not in any way, shape or form knocking the gameplay elements or rules etc of Ep 3.

My arguement is based on the CONCEPTUAL idea of Ep 3 regardless of whether or not the game is fantastic or a pile of poo. I PERSONALLY feel that this is not the right way forward for the Phantasy Star francise, because what started off as a simple RPG on the master system to a larger better looking RPG on the Mega Drive, to a ground breaking move to play 3 generations of characters in Phantasy Star 3, to an explosive Heart wrenching climatic story in Phantasy Star 4

Then the evolution began with online play becoming tangable PSO exploded onto the scene and boy, was it a beauty, there was so much to hook us all in and look at this WEBSITE... whole communities have sprouted up because of it, and here PSO is 3 years after release and going strong on the latest consols have to offer

I love Phantasy Star, so much so I play the game how god [Sega Team] intended, 100% no cheating whatsoever. I genuinely want what's best for the title and because they have shown such strength with the evolution of the previous titles, I feel I am more than justified to voice my concerns over what I PERSONALLY feel is a FAD idea with very little to offer. Because hand on heart people can you really see yourselfs playing the same card game even 6 months later nevermind 3 years like we are all playing PSO

Look at the consequences too, if Ep 3 bombs then will another Phanatsy Star title be created??? I hope so because I want to be playing Phantasy Star for many, mahy years to come, but I dont want to be playing the latest FAD every year

Games of this ilk do so well because of characterisation, the strength of the characters make you come back for more, they draw you in to the story, they make you feel part of it, hense the popularity of the Final Fantasy series too. Can you feel that way about a bunch of cards???? That's why Yu-Gi and Pokes and Digi have all fallen by the wayside. If this was a downloadable game in the Warehouse... great... it would pass the time for a bit, but as the next evolution and direction for PSO, conceptually that is not how I feel it should go

I am not a Phantasy Star "basher" nor I feel my points are invalid. I love Phanatsy Star with great passion as the mail shows, but we dont always agree with the ones we love now do we and I am strong enough of character not to be led on to the latest bandwagon either http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I hope people take on board what's been said here

AndyPandy
Aug 20, 2003, 03:12 AM
Your meant to play it along side Ep 1&2, hence the combined HL. Its not a replacement for EP 1&2.

AngelAlys
Aug 20, 2003, 03:17 AM
mmm... be interesting to see what price tag it comes out with then, cause if it's £39.99 then I ortta....[shake of the fist] http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

TinyD
Aug 20, 2003, 07:11 AM
Wow this is a complex and interesting topic! I was directed here by a good friend and have been sitting down here reading all the comments in detail.

I am excited by this game. As a wise person once said, "I want to be playing Phantasy Star for many, many years to come" and I feel the same way. I fell in love with the game on Dreamcast and am still playing it now on 'cube 3 years on.

I'm not really sure about what battle system is best - I usta love the traditional turn-based systems on final fantasy, especially the one in ff7, btw. Then again I also spent far too long playing the card games in ff8 and ff9 (In fact I still remember my brother's awe at my near-complete set of triple triad cards and him telling me that only hardcore japanese gamers would do that. hmm. dunno if I'm in that league. I s'pose I'm a trainee japanese gamer. Then again I think it's just that I don't have so much free time.)

And then Phantasy Star Online came out and I loved that too, even though the battle system was (is) unlike anything that had come before it.

I suppose a game is more than just its battle system neway - after all, I'm sure we'll all agree that PSO has a certain 'je ne sais quoi' about it (that's french for 'I'd like to buy some eggs', I think).

At the end of the day I'm excited to see any new instalment of the game, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it more than most games on the market (I haven't bought much recently you see, as good games are so rare.)

I suppose the one thing I don't like is the idea that 'luck' takes place in the battles in the form of dice rolls. There are 2 things in games I don't enjoy - Luck (ie. games like poker and dice games where there is no strategy, just total random luck) and Time Limits - a game with loads of tasks that have to be completed in a set time gets dull and frustrating. If this luck element determines your whole atp and dfp for a move then that would be bad. But perhaps it's just additive to your inherent strength neway, in the same way that in PSO when you hit a monster sometimes you take off a little more or a little less than usual on each hit, with an average that increases as you level. Of course that's just supposition.

Also, with the characters all being the same in epIII, I'll have to wait to see the final game as it's poss' that the full version will have extra chars in - it would make sense as they'd have more time to put them in, and also it would be a nice surprise as they'd have been kept secret by not being in the trial. In fact I'm kind of hoping that there will be a new character that looks exactly, precisely, like me in every way. I'm sure everyone would choose that character then. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I suppose the thing I want most from the game is more of the same, set in huge, beautiful levels.

I guess if the peeps who are playing it now enjoy it then that's cool.

Oh, can I ask a couple of questions to you who are playing it now?

i.Your mag is a card - how does that work? Is it only equipped if u select it? Do you still feed it to level it up? Any other info.?
ii. So I guess that each battle win gets you exp so that you level up - so does your HP/MST/ATP/DFP etc. rise as you level and the cards just work around that?
iii.Do you have shields, armour and units equipped or do you select shield and armour cards at the start of each battle? What about items? Do you use a monomate in battle if your hp gets low?

Well, there you have it. I'm curious and would like to play the game just out of curiosity. In fact I'm hankering after a new PSO so much that I've just started playing Phantasy Star (the very first one) just to see what it's like and to get some history. Playing it on a Gameboy Player on a TV is really fun and old-school.

Oh, while I think about it, (cards, I'm thinking about) I got these PSO playing cards in the post the other day, with no explanation or nething. Wierd. Has that happened to a lot of people out there? Let me know, will you, as I've not heard nething about this phenomenon.

neway, I'm off now, I have to get back to my studies.

I'll leave you with my final ep.III thought - 'The proof is in the pudding'. Thats an English phrase that means that you can't prejudge something and have to wait and see for yourself. It's quite apt too, as I've also cooked a variety of puddings recently with varying degrees of success. My gingerbread men are coming out pretty special now.

Seeya!

Tiny D

AngelAlys
Aug 20, 2003, 12:35 PM
Darryl I got one thing to say to you...

N U T T E R

Charlie
xx http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Q64
Aug 20, 2003, 03:53 PM
Oh, can I ask a couple of questions to you who are playing it now?

i.Your mag is a card - how does that work? Is it only equipped if u select it? Do you still feed it to level it up? Any other info.?
ii. So I guess that each battle win gets you exp so that you level up - so does your HP/MST/ATP/DFP etc. rise as you level and the cards just work around that?
iii.Do you have shields, armour and units equipped or do you select shield and armour cards at the start of each battle? What about items? Do you use a monomate in battle if your hp gets low?

i. Its only equiped when you draw it out of your deck. You can hold any amount of mags in your deck. But note that you can only have a maximum of 3 of the same card in your deck. (this is probably to prevent cheap-ness. And you dont feed them, them come with set stats when you find them and you cannot change them. And no, they dont level up.

ii. First of all, let me tell you this. And this will shock many of you. Hp,atk, def, ata, mst, dont go up when you level!!! u have set stats forever! your hp will forever be 15. And the other stats will vary depending on what cards you have equiped...hmmmm, let me try to put it a little simpler. You will ALWAYS have fixed stats. But the only way to raise the stats is to draw support cards during battle. Then after the battle, your stats go back down. Do you get it?

iii. this is also pretty shocking. Mesetta or any unit of money doesnt exist. there's no money involved with this game. And there is no way to heal urself during battle. Once your HP is gone, ITS GONE. So you must be careful when battling,and execute your moves wisely. There are also no stores to buy ANYTHING. Basically absolutly EVERYTHING is in the form of cards now. Mags, barriers, and weapons. And you have to draw the armor out of your deck before you can equip it. Having more armors in your deck is a good idea to improve the chances of drawing one. (but then again, you dont want a shortage on weapons)

This game is all about cards. nothing but cards. cards, cards, cards. I have it and its strategy mania. It is impossible to win against an experienced player (such as myself lol) without having a battle strategy. And when you think about it and play it, there isnt THAT much luck involved. If you wanted to u can set the rules so that the majority of the dice rolls will be 6. (its not cheating cuz the comp gets the same advantage)

I know it might sound confusing, but once you play it, most of u will love it.

lil_devil
Aug 20, 2003, 04:17 PM
All these posts making my head dizzy...
Well I think it sounds like a good game,now that I know more about it,before I just thought,"Why buy this? I'll just go get another game that has more action in it.",I was wrong,I am definately going to buy it when it comes out here. Hehehe *runs around and hits a wall because she's so happy about a new PSO* and for anyone who can go online in GC PSO,prepare to meet lil Devil in the next few weeks!

Q64
Aug 20, 2003, 05:28 PM
well i hope i helped.

i seriously think this is a great game and that everyone should at least try it. Personally, i love it.

TinyD
Aug 21, 2003, 03:26 AM
Hey, thanks loads Q64 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

It was good of you to answer my questions in such a detailed way http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I think now I understand the game a little better - I've had a look at the epIII guides on here, of course, but they are just mega confusing! I think that just reading them thru' without actually seeing what's happening or understanding certain terms makes it a little difficult, tho' I'm sure they're helpful for epIII players.

I like your overall description of the game as a strategy game. I can really get into a good strategy game, so I'll def' get this when it comes out http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Who knows, maybe I'll see you out there one day, and you'll be level 196 and I'll be a lowly level 3. lol.

I think that's what I'll love in the end - the newness of it all - I miss loading up the game and not knowing what's next. It'll be nice having every1 at the same level, starting out to explore a new world together too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

seeya then!

D

Namevah
Aug 21, 2003, 08:48 AM
Their is a large chance that the sequal will not be a card game. And if you dont want it, stick with Ep. 1&2. A bunch of Sega Reps will not come to your home to drag you away if your not playing Ep. 3. Everyone seems to be bashing card games.
Of all those that are, what is the longest that you have ever played a card game for? It seems more games are about killing among others. So maybe people dont like this because you have to *gasp* think.
I like what Sonic Team is doing. They are being creative with their games. Before you say that Ep. 3 isn't creative think about how this is going to be online. An online card game. How many of those are on the market? Read Game Geezer in GMR magizine (Issue 6, pg. 98).

Q64
Aug 21, 2003, 10:14 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifvery well put.

an online card game is perfect for me cuz i love strategy games. I think i even like it better than ep1 and 2. cuz think about it, all you do in ep1/2 is tap a few buttons aimlessly and there is almost no strategy involved at all! its just mindless killing. In ep3 at least there is strategy. And yes, i think some of you dont like it cuz your brain cant handle this more complex game.