PDA

View Full Version : The Good, The Bad And The Ugly of PSO.

Ellie_Vyle
Aug 19, 2003, 12:06 AM
Gather 'round kiddies. I'm about to tell you a story, which involves love, death and the ups and downs of PSO. I'm sure you all know this already, but hey, this is just a topic starter. Feel free to add imput.

One day, in the land of Sega, good ole Sonic Team decided to make a game. So, they prayed to the powers that be (i.e. God) and asked for his knowledge and imput. So God tells them, "Make an RPG with an intuitive real-time combat system." This sounded pretty good, and so it was done. Well, you know, about this time, the Devil happens to overhear this little conversation and starts adding his opinion (really, who wouldn't want to add their opinions on making a videogame). So the Devil suggests making it playable both online and offline. So, God said, "Let each person build their own character, so they make better relate to it," and the Devil quickly sketched out the HUmar's design and said, "Here use this." Then God said, "Make quests so the player will not get bored with only four stages." The Devil told them how to make Mome. God said, "Make a great multitude of weapons and items for everyone to collect," but the Devil suggested making the really cool items EXTREMELY difficult to find. God said, "If they can't find them, let them build their own items," and the Devil suggested making the completion of offline quests nessacary to change them. God, liking the color Red, asked if parts of certain characters, mags, items, and armors be a vibrant Red to intensify the playing experience. The Devil suggested the Rare Boxes be made of the same shade of Red. God, then created high speed internet access, to which the Devil jacked the price of cable modems WAY up! God created Dialnet. The Devil created Lag. God created rich, kind parents. The Devil created snotty, annoying 12 year olds. God required the player to have diligence and loyality in order to find anything good in the game. The Devil created Dupes. God created FAQ's to help players find items legitly. The Devil created FSOD(X) to erase those items legitly found and force everyone into Duping. God tried to separate Dupes from the game by creating separate servers (GC) and patches for the X-Box, and the Devil said, "Screw this!" And created Episode 3, the card game.

Reece
Aug 19, 2003, 12:20 AM
I don't understand

Shattered_weasel
Aug 19, 2003, 07:48 AM
makes about this much sense

| |

BoUnCeR
Aug 19, 2003, 09:44 AM
Makes all the sense to me. Let me put this in a few words. PSO. Mankind. Good People. Bad People. Assholes ruining others game. Game ruined forever.

Edit: Oh sorry, I forgot some what's-its-name software house exploiting people for a game they don't care, demanding a monthly fee that is only used for profit and no good maintenance. Sometime afterwards they remember they can exploit them a bit more creating a shitty card game that will make them buy it, so they can keep up with the storyline.

The End. (Unfortunatly not a happy one)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BoUnCeR on 2003-08-19 07:46 ]</font>

Intimidacius
Aug 20, 2003, 09:20 AM
Good, Bad, and Ugly on PSO? Where is the Good?

Pow, Zoom, Right in the kisser

Barubary6
Aug 21, 2003, 09:57 PM
It's not looking good for Episode 3. It looks like it's client-side.

-- Barubary

_J
Aug 23, 2003, 05:52 AM

*rolls eyes*

Episode one and two has held out, the servers are pretty devoid of codes. Especially when compared to the DC. With a little luck, all you and your kin can do is a few "tricks" that are written into the game - like on Episode 1 & 2.

Oh yeah, and mouth off about having codes that can "kill your GameCube"...Yeah, right. I'm still waiting on that since I heard it about a year and a bit ago on the DC.

Monomate
Aug 23, 2003, 09:34 PM
lmao

oh

thats great...

i mean...thats really cracking me up lol...

oh and uh...
_J...shut the fuck up...

_J
Aug 24, 2003, 08:30 PM
lmao

oh

thats great...

i mean...thats really cracking me up lol...

oh and uh...
_J...shut the fuck up...

I've got a better, and more logical idea. Why don't you, Barubary and EVERY LAST ONE of your groopies go and crawl into some cave in some hella forsaken land, with no technology. So none of us have to suffer hearing about Barubary or (famous codder name) etc, or any of your groupies ever again - okay?

CGoodness
Aug 24, 2003, 10:02 PM
Lets quit fighting and go do something worthwile how 'bout?

Dangerous55
Aug 24, 2003, 10:20 PM
Good- Ver1
Bad- Ver2
Ugly- Episode 1 and 2 and 3

Soukosa
Aug 25, 2003, 01:54 AM
On 2003-08-21 19:57, Barubary6 wrote:

-- Barubary

One should expect most things to be client side until most of the world is running on broadband. Having the game be mostly server-side would cause too much problems for those with slower connections.

_J
Aug 25, 2003, 01:46 PM
One should expect

You know your not an upper class Englishman...right?

Gestiv
Aug 25, 2003, 02:07 PM
So what? I've used language like that before, and I'm not english. I would expect that the all-powerful _J would be above common stereotypes like this. Well there goes most of the respect I had for you, as little as it was.

_J
Aug 25, 2003, 02:52 PM
So what? I've used language like that before, and I'm not english. I would expect that the all-powerful _J would be above common stereotypes like this. Well there goes most of the respect I had for you, as little as it was.

Every human I have ever encountered that speaks saying "one" has been an ignorant tosh. I very much doubt anyone from PSOW even IS a tosh, I suspect you are even below them - you TRY to give off the presence as one with how you present yourself online. Still, at least you are aware I'm all-powerfull.

Gestiv
Aug 25, 2003, 03:27 PM
Superiority complex, anyone? And why would I do that? I know I'm not better than anyone here, including you. Obviously, you haven't realized that you're not going to change a whole lot here, so why don't you stop wasting forum space with your endless bitching and go annoy someone else?

Inu_Ranma
Aug 25, 2003, 04:29 PM
I tend to use 'One' in that context when it's grammatically appropriate. One who claims to be so far above others should perhaps have a working knowledge of operative grammar. Either way. I agree with one of your earlier statements, J. I forgot which.

_J
Aug 25, 2003, 04:29 PM
Superiority complex, anyone? And why would I do that? I know I'm not better than anyone here, including you. Obviously, you haven't realized that you're not going to change a whole lot here, so why don't you stop wasting forum space with your endless bitching and go annoy someone else?

What happened to your "gentleman's manners" you talked about having in another post? *haha* And you wonder why I compare you to a wanna be tosh.

Yes, that's right. Go and bash your head on the nearest monitor.

_J
Aug 25, 2003, 04:50 PM
I tend to use 'One' in that context when it's grammatically appropriate.

First off, it's not "appropriate" EVER. Unless your the son of Lord "insert tosh double barrelled family name", born into a rich upper class family, living in your nice over sized house in the English countryside.

One who claims to be so far above others should perhaps have a working knowledge of operative grammar.

I did not say I was "so far above others", I said I'm all powerfull - after the other kid pointed it out. Not to say that I don't have great flaws either. I just didn't mention that beause it's common sense, obviously some people tend to lack in that department. That done-so-many-times condecending remark about grammer doesn't even deserve a response.

Either way. I agree with one of your earlier statements, J. I forgot which.

Of course you agree. I'm always right. : )

Inu_Ranma
Aug 25, 2003, 04:54 PM
Um..I did just use 'one' in a grammatically correct sentence. Grammar has no class restriction, and if the nobles of England used it better it's because they were forced to learn better grammar skills than, say, a Cockney thug. One, in this context, is specifically used when the speaker (or writer) does not wish to imply gender, and is basically saying 'any person' in simpler terms while still using operatively correct grammar.

_J
Aug 25, 2003, 05:00 PM
Um..I did just use 'one' in a grammatically correct sentence. Grammar has no class restriction, and if the nobles of England used it better it's because they were forced to learn better grammar skills than, say, a Cockney thug. One, in this context, is specifically used when the speaker (or writer) does not wish to imply gender, and is basically saying 'any person' in simpler terms while still using operatively correct grammar.

I mean you shouldn't say it because the only people that ever do are either tosh's (who suck), or people TRYING to be tosh's (who suck harder). So yeah...you suck, but you go about sucking in a grammatically correct way - yes.

Inu_Ranma
Aug 25, 2003, 05:03 PM
Honestly...before you used the term I'd never heard the term 'Tosh' before. What the heck does it mean?

I may suck, true. But I suck while approaching 2 Bachelor's degrees. So if I can suck while enjoying my life, that's really okay with me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

_J
Aug 25, 2003, 05:12 PM
Honestly...before you used the term I'd never heard the term 'Tosh' before. What the heck does it mean?

I may suck, true. But I suck while approaching 2 Bachelor's degrees. So if I can suck while enjoying my life, that's really okay with me.

Look it up wise ass, I guess you don't know that much about language afterall eh? Seeing as English and American English originated in England, and you ahev no idea what that means (and it's not exactly hidden). And yes is does seem true you suck, in a grammatically correct way.

Oh your getting degrees...you must be so intelligent and I really respect that you can achieve such greatness. Wait, no I don't and you suck. Infact, now you suck in a way that's grammartically correct AND boastfull! Seems to me your on a slippery slope here, I suggest you quit while your ahead.

Oh, and if you enjoy sucking in a condecending, grammartically correct, boastfull and predictable way - that's your problem, not mine. : )

Inu_Ranma
Aug 25, 2003, 05:22 PM
Let's see...I see three definitions for 'tosh' and none of them can be used in the context that you used it in.
I checked that before I asked what context you were using it in.
One is a noun, foolish nonsense. I can't be 'a' foolish nonsense. That's horrid grammar, but you don't care about that now, do you?
Two is Neat, Trim, or a Tonsure. I'm a tonsure? I never fancied myself as a popular haircut for samurai but whatever.
Three is 'pretentious or silly talk or writing.' I can't be A pretentios. I can't be A silly talk (at least not in this sense. Technically yes, I could be a silly conversation, but this definition is not in the dialectic sense) and I can't be a writing except for in the same sense in which I could be a silly talk.

Perhaps your definition is one which is not found in the dictionary? That's why I asked you in the first place.

As to being boastful. Nah. I think you take that award by stating in many threads how much better you are. There are lots of people who are approaching degrees. I'm certain that there are many high school kids out there who are more intelligent than I am. You seem to be one who thinks he is...but I honestly can't really tell over a forum, and neither can you. As of yet, there is no actual quantification for 'smart.'

Dangerous55
Aug 25, 2003, 05:41 PM
On 2003-08-25 15:12, _J wrote:

Look it up wise ass, I guess you don't know that much about language afterall eh? Seeing as English and American English originated in England, and you ahev no idea what that means (and it's not exactly hidden). And yes is does seem true you suck, in a grammatically correct way.

Oh your getting degrees...you must be so intelligent and I really respect that you can achieve such greatness. Wait, no I don't and you suck. Infact, now you suck in a way that's grammartically correct AND boastfull! Seems to me your on a slippery slope here, I suggest you quit while your ahead.

Oh, and if you enjoy sucking in a condecending, grammartically correct, boastfull and predictable way - that's your problem, not mine. : )

This is a cry for help.

_J
Aug 25, 2003, 06:16 PM
Let's see...I see three definitions for 'tosh' and none of them can be used in the context that you used it in.
I checked that before I asked what context you were using it in.
One is a noun, foolish nonsense. I can't be 'a' foolish nonsense. That's horrid grammar, but you don't care about that now, do you?
Two is Neat, Trim, or a Tonsure. I'm a tonsure? I never fancied myself as a popular haircut for samurai but whatever.
Three is 'pretentious or silly talk or writing.' I can't be A pretentios. I can't be A silly talk (at least not in this sense. Technically yes, I could be a silly conversation, but this definition is not in the dialectic sense) and I can't be a writing except for in the same sense in which I could be a silly talk.

Perhaps your definition is one which is not found in the dictionary? That's why I asked you in the first place.

Okay, the clue SHERLCOK was in the way I mentiond upper class Englishmen over and over. Tosh means upper class English snobs, with the stereotypical English accent many Americans associate with English people. Looks like Watson must've let you down or something?

As to being boastful. Nah. I think you take that award by stating in many threads how much better you are. There are lots of people who are approaching degrees. I'm certain that there are many high school kids out there who are more intelligent than I am. You seem to be one who thinks he is...but I honestly can't really tell over a forum, and neither can you. As of yet, there is no actual quantification for 'smart.'

Yeah, so you mentioned getting degrees NOT to boast...yeah...right. Shut up. And I already said about how I don't consider myself above even people here. And you can tell some things about people from their online persona, unless your lacking in the perception department.

This is a cry for help.

Err....no you generic ass monkey. If I posted, "HELP!" - that would be me "crying for help". Stick your metaphores up your ass.

Dangerous55
Aug 25, 2003, 09:26 PM
On 2003-08-25 16:16, _J wrote:

Err....no you generic ass monkey. If I posted, "HELP!" - that would be me "crying for help". Stick your metaphores up your ass.

Your are sad.

_J
Aug 25, 2003, 09:32 PM
Your are sad.

And right, always right.

Dangerous55
Aug 25, 2003, 09:36 PM
On 2003-08-25 19:32, _J wrote:

And right, always right.

And perfect in every way as well?

Inu_Ranma
Aug 26, 2003, 01:45 AM
So...._J is actually Mary Poppins? This is a wonderful mental picture. Either way, I enjoy the debate when it's actually debating and not a flame war. This seems to have descended into one, but I refuse to throw an insult. So be it.