PDA

View Full Version : Your reasons for not buying ep3

Dgo
Aug 19, 2003, 05:20 PM
I know I'm getting it and their is allot of you guys bad mouthing it, but to me so far it looks like this game will rock. I can't wait to play because I'm like so bored with ep1 and ep2 no just no fun anymore with all the damn hacks. All most all the weapons have little to no value it's not suppose to be like this, but anyway the LollipopLolita comes and takes up for ep3 evertime someone bad mouths it makes me want to play it even more. Is there anyone else who feels this way to?

btw does anyone have a launch date?

KingMx
Aug 19, 2003, 05:35 PM
Because its only on Gamecube, I do have a GC but I'm not going to buy the online adapter for only 2 online games. If it ever gets ported to Xbox I'll get it.

LollipopLolita
Aug 19, 2003, 05:42 PM
i'm going to fairly review the game when someone unfairly criticizes it. point is, it's a completely different game but people refuse to think of it as such. now a warning for everyone posting in this thread, okay i know you don't like pso ep3, that's your perogative, but keep it in and no flaming, i mean it!

DarkSithCLK
Aug 19, 2003, 05:47 PM
Where is there some good info on this game not just some people bashing it on this site . Peace out for now .

LollipopLolita
Aug 19, 2003, 05:50 PM
you're looking for info on the game? we have an ep 3 page and a whole ep 3 guide section.

gallaugher
Aug 19, 2003, 05:51 PM
I am not going to get this game because I'm not interested in a turn based RPG. I like the hack & slash combat in PSO ep 1&2.

Q64
Aug 19, 2003, 05:55 PM
check out my topic to see how the battles are.
i have the trial and it rocks. period. (well i guess thats just my opinion)

Sashi
Aug 19, 2003, 06:15 PM
I don't have the trial, and I have read a bi on Ep 3.

My opinion: I'll be importing the full version if it has an English language setting. And yes, my 'cube is modded.

I think it's fresh for them to take the game in this direction. I belive a few people are against it, because it is different than PSO is, and has been for the past 2 and a half years.

Think of it this way: How many versions of Tetris are there? Pretty much any computer system that is made for consumer use has a version of Tetris, and it's still just Tetris. Sure, it was fun at first, and it still is, but it is played, and tired out. It's just the same game, over and over. Sure, there have been spinoffs here and there, Like Tetrisphere (Which I quite liked) But it was still the same concept.

Now, instead of somewhat mondless hack and slash, we have new stratagey on a game most of us love. Yes, it's different, but to me, that's the appeal. I don't know how many more times I can kill that rappy... sitting over there... just like he was the past 800 trips to Forest 1...

NKOTB
Aug 19, 2003, 06:49 PM
I probably won't buy it unless it comes to X because an ex girlfriend has my GC and I don't feel like talking to her.
I've never played any sort of Magic card game and would be interested though. If I win the raffle I will get my GC back otherwise, it stays with her.

jt
Aug 19, 2003, 08:23 PM
cant wait till it comes out. if it wasn't from ST then i wouldnt get a card game personally... but it should be fun since not many hackers/dupers are interest in a card game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Solidus_Snake
Aug 19, 2003, 08:24 PM
why leave it with her when you bought it?

Rain_1
Aug 19, 2003, 09:25 PM
well.. i won't buy it because... it's a friggin card game...

btw, if you think that cards won't be duped and hacked... then it must be nice to live in the dreamworld...

Q64
Aug 19, 2003, 10:02 PM
rain, your the one livin in a dreamworld.

This actually might be hack/dupe free. From as much as iv seen and played, i see no way to dupe or anything. There are no double saves, and you cant drop a single item. Everything is done by computers on that game.

Rain_1
Aug 20, 2003, 03:32 AM
don't say something is dupe/hack free
it's like saying a computer plugged on the internet is secure..

it IS dupable/hackeable, it's just how much people will care to do it..

Namevah
Aug 20, 2003, 05:17 PM
It will probibly be duped somehow. Blast them. Why cant they leave things alone.

flueggy
Aug 20, 2003, 05:24 PM
well i know i'm getting it but i'll still play pso Ep 1 & 2 just because of the different battle styles

ChokingVictim
Aug 20, 2003, 05:51 PM
unless this game A) gets great word of mouth, and B) gets ported to the big black box i seriously doubt i'll be purchasing this game... frankly the whole thing gives me a bad yugioh, pokemon, and other japan based CCG type vibe. silly kids, cards are for gambling your welfare chacks on in vegas.

not a flame, if this offends you, check your sense of humor chip in the back of your skull.

primer567
Aug 20, 2003, 06:15 PM
No Gamecube....simple as that

klepto
Aug 20, 2003, 06:21 PM
I know this is the exact tpye of post lolli didnt want to hear, but im going to post my opinion, because i havent yet. I will most likely end up getting this game. but i cannot express my EXTREME disappointment with the fact that it is just a cash in with the current card frenzy. PSO has nothing on other RPG's. Its storyline blows, the quests add some enjoyment, but not a ton of new excitement. All PSO has is its extremely fun non-turn based style of play. And i dont know anyone in PSO who actually plays the game for the storyline, most peoples objective is to aquire new weapons that they enjoy. PSO card just wont be the same.

monkeyfist
Aug 20, 2003, 08:10 PM
im tired of the amount of compariosons of ep III to yu-gi-oh and pokemon. its not like they are the only ccg (collectible card game) out there. the major hitter is magic:the gathering. thats been around for a while so dont try to call it a fad. pet rocks, those were a fad. back on topic. the phantasy star series has reinvented itself with every new game. (play phantasy star collection on gba, you'll see what i mean) this series used to be turn based and had a talking cat, and burgers and colas used to be healing items. the series took a huge step going from turnbased combat to real time combat and it is taking another big step in going from real time to turn based card battle. im very excited about the game and im crossing my fingers to win the raffle (part 2)

Para
Aug 20, 2003, 08:39 PM
i dunno about you guys but SEGA is doing some pretty smart marketing.

by releasing two games but with different gameplays,
it keeps the player focused on the PSO genre. I mean if you get bored of ep3 go to ep1&2 and go online with that. if you're bored of ep1&2, go to ep3.

Another reason why they wouldn't make ep3 with the same gameplay, i speculate it is because if there was ep3, to play ep3 they might have to add more than just new maps. probably new items and such. maybe improvements to the gameplay or something. but that would screw up a few things.
Say like Diablo 2 and LOD. Now when you install LOD you need to convert your characters to expansion right? Then you can play LOD and D2 together. If you do not convert you can't play the expansion. However if you converted, you could not play your character with D2 alone which might cause some problems. This might be a reason with Ep3 not being the "hack n slash" game some people wanted. I mean if you were stuck to only playing Ep3, I bet it would get pretty boring huh?

Anyways thats my logic on why a new genre was created for ep3 and why sega is ending the rico and flowen series.
probably in the next installment of pso, there might be new characters, weapons, items, maps and gameplay but similar to ep1&2. its just you cant use your old character from ep1&2

feiticeira
Aug 20, 2003, 09:10 PM
My largest concern with Ep. III is this: the game seems to be largely centered around Player vs. Player. I refuse to cheat, under any circumstance, for any reason. So the second that others figure out how to cheat, PvP is dead for me.

As for the basic premise, I'm at once glad for anything new and dissapointed that the game is going turn based, which no matter what, seems to be a de-evolution. Still, in the end gameplay is all that matters, so I'll just have to wait and see.

Blackwaltz-R
Aug 21, 2003, 07:44 PM
you shouldn't have to worry to much about cheaters and cheating as long as you have peeps to play with, anyone that turns out to be a cheater will just be shunned, and will have to resort to fighting NPCs and noobs, cheating just wouldn't be as big a deal, especially since you CAN'T take rare cards out of your possesion, so you don't have to worry about rare-congestion, I doubt anyone that wouldn't play this game because of cheaters isn't gonna play another online game that doesn't have cheaters in it.*nods*

Shattered_weasel
Aug 21, 2003, 09:41 PM
O god i cant wait for this game to come out. I am sick and tired of the same old hack, hack, hack, death of episode 1&2 and i need a good strategy game.
I am tired of people saying that all it needs is new weapons, more lvls, and different charactor. What that is called is a expansion pack. This is why i quit diablo 2 because all they were doing were giving out expansion packs and patches. I dont want that i want a whole new game. Think of ep3 as a whole new game
and that is what i like

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shattered_weasel on 2003-08-21 19:44 ]</font>