PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Politics

Reenee
Aug 20, 2003, 11:50 PM
Maybe because I'm 17. Maybe not.

Like any other unfortuneate person who watches the news, I have to deal with seeing politically-related gibberish at the top of the hour. I'm primarily talking about:

a) Recall Election
b) U.S. stuff (crap about Bush, the war, terrorism prevention efforts etc.)

Now, I'm hearing some absurd boomschwah with politicians nowadays. Just yesterday I hear some "political expert" critique about Ahnold's TV commericial about his promises and such, yadda-yadda. And one of the things I hear from this so-called expert is about the way Arnold is dressed and what that "says about him".

What the hell?

Aren't we over this "looks don't matter" stuff since our adolescent days? The guy says that Arnold's casual wear makes him think that his Governing days should be taken nice and easy (something along those lines, I don't know).

And then I hear the fact that other celebrity candidates are using their current status to get their word out. Uh, who cares? Celebrity or not, you're still a damn human being!

Now to more overseas stuff: Let me sum it up by what I've seen: wahh wahh wahh.

No, it's not Charlie Brown's teacher (zing!), but a baby crying. The garbage I'm seeing is nothing but trying to appease others with their demands to make them happy. That's how I see it: adults want to be babied with trinkets and luxeries, never changing and keeping their snooty, prim rich-kid attitude.

I'm stopping here. If anyone wants to say anything, just take note I got the jist of things here. I'm not getting into intricate doowacky.

Elvendar
Aug 21, 2003, 01:27 AM
I hate all things news. You'd think they'd actually put something important on there, but no, it's all about planes crashing into worthless buildings and OMG TERRORISTS

Garanz2
Aug 21, 2003, 03:04 AM
Ouch. That's harsh

Intimidacius
Aug 21, 2003, 07:37 AM
Most politicians see politics as the next High-School popularity contest. It doesn't matter what a person's views are, just as long as they are different they treat them like slop. Politics has become more about being Politically Correct than it is about doing stuff that the voters actually would want. It is not, "So he stands this way on abortions" but more about how many minority babies the candidate can kiss. It's all about image, not about substance. The Hollywood mentality has seeped into yet another thing.

There were three in the bed and the little one said, "Roll over. Roll over."

Stricker
Aug 21, 2003, 07:48 AM
Im with you Renee. Politics only means a difference between people. They just like to fight and protest, sometimes dont even know why exactly is happening.

Symbios
Aug 21, 2003, 12:47 PM
People dont yet know arnold's capabilities, though i doubt he will do a good job. With like 100 people running, there is no one else to vote for, because none of the rest of the people are known at all. Its obvious arnold will win.

Valleo
Aug 21, 2003, 12:54 PM
I dont see why Arnold would be a bad choice. I think Jesse Ventura did a great job. Mind you im not American so I guess I wouldnt know. Generally, I dont watch the news though. I find it better to get opinions from people I trust about things that are going on. People are always amazed when they try to talk to me about thing like this and I have no clue what they are talking about.

Inu_Ranma
Aug 21, 2003, 01:09 PM
I don't know if you're aware of this, but like 100 people run initially in EVERY election, and Cruz Bustamante is currently beating Arnold in the polls.

NKOTB
Aug 21, 2003, 02:09 PM
If you think politics is stupid and dumb, you just havn't realized that just about everything in this controlled is controlled by the politicians.

I also think it's quite ignorant to refer to preventing terorism as "crap", "gibberish" and "doowacky".

Reenee
Aug 21, 2003, 07:50 PM
On 2003-08-21 12:09, NKOTB wrote:

I also think it's quite ignorant to refer to preventing terorism as "crap", "gibberish" and "doowacky".

Actually, I just referred to the other mindless banter I can't remember.

Barubary6
Aug 21, 2003, 09:53 PM
On 2003-08-20 21:50, Reenee wrote:
Aren't we over this "looks don't matter" stuff since our adolescent days? The guy says that Arnold's casual wear makes him think that his Governing days should be taken nice and easy (something along those lines, I don't know).

Richard Nixon lost an election basically because his TV makeup job went horribly wrong (and he was sick).

-- Barubary

NKOTB
Aug 22, 2003, 12:03 AM
Nixon had no makeup job, that was the problem. What a stupid move on his part.

MasterJoel
Aug 23, 2003, 03:31 AM
i personally love politics. it is very amusing, and it is important to like politics because through your representitives, all laws are made. when it affects you personally, whether you can vote yet or not, it should concern you. therefore, go out there, and help a campaign near you!

and another thing val, jesse ventura did an awful job. thank god i don't live in his state...

_J
Aug 23, 2003, 06:19 AM
I hate all things news. You'd think they'd actually put something important on there, but no, it's all about planes crashing into worthless buildings and OMG TERRORISTS

That's why someone like you will never be involved in politics. If you genuinlely cannot have a little perspective and sympathy for people who were going about their everyday work (like you go to school), and then were burned/crushed alive as a plane smashed into them (also crushing/burning the poeple on board), then your either one of those fools that places value in denying empathy and trying to be macho - in order to impress someone or feel you have some worth - or your a cold hearted son of a bitch. I have a STRONG sense it is the former, in which case you need some time to mature a little.

They ciculate news and tributes about the terrorist attacks in respect for those innocents - it's to do with a concept that is likly alien to you - honour. It is the honourable thing to do. Your post was a dishonourable disgrace. You bring shame on yourself.