PDA

View Full Version : Nagging

AUTO_
Aug 21, 2003, 01:57 PM
I think nagging is something that kills us all. Nothing can get to someone easier then simple things that people nag at you for.

Like:

What are you gonna do with your life?

Why do you do that?

Why do you like that?

I think nagging is the lowest form of cruelty. I think the most popular nagging involves your school life/future career (brought to you by your local parents).

Nagging sucks.

Fujikuro
Aug 21, 2003, 03:09 PM
You know what you do when someone starts nagging the hell out of you? Ask em why the fuck they give a shit. 90% of nagging is pointless questions about what you wanna do with your life or how you apprently did something that wasn't up to some pricks standards. If someone starts nagging me I pretty much blow it in their faces and either A. Start cussing them out. B. Tell them to go straight to hell and nag Satan for a while or C. Casual walk away and make the freak look stupid.

NKOTB
Aug 21, 2003, 03:36 PM
My ex gf used to nag the f'ing shit out of me.

She wanted to be with me 24 hours a day and she only wanted to do the things she wanted to do.

She didn't drink, didn't like video games, and would bitch about alergies non-stop.

Then one day I was in St Louis and I check my voice mail and I have one from her. She said she was mad that I went to STL for the weekend and didn't spend the time with her so she dumped me. My friends and I celebrated like rock stars. I remember I was so drunk and hungry when we got back to my friens apt I ate a jar of pickles. It was THE ONLY food her had. It was nasty the next morning having to drive home and trying not to throw up the pickles.

But yeah, she was a nagger.

AUTO_
Aug 21, 2003, 03:54 PM
On 2003-08-21 13:09, Fujikuro wrote:
You know what you do when someone starts nagging the hell out of you? Ask em why the fuck they give a shit. 90% of nagging is pointless questions about what you wanna do with your life or how you apprently did something that wasn't up to some pricks standards. If someone starts nagging me I pretty much blow it in their faces and either A. Start cussing them out. B. Tell them to go straight to hell and nag Satan for a while or C. Casual walk away and make the freak look stupid.

Probably is the best advice...but it's hard to do that to my parents--because they can only solve things by taking things away (IE my videogames, my life).

ABDUR101
Aug 21, 2003, 04:56 PM
Don't be rude, just answer the questions simply.

"What do you want to do with your life?"

-I don't know, I have plenty of time to decide since there are so many choices.

"Why do you like that?"

-No reason, it's just something that sounds/feels right, and I enjoy it. You can't explain something so simple.

etc, etc.

Usually, if someone asks me a question like "Why do you like blah blah" I ask them the same question for something simple that they like, and more often than not they just say "Just because", and if they have an attitude about it when they reply, thats when I throw in some attitude and tell them ok, it's "just because" for me as well.

No need to just start flipping out, causes un-needed drama and stress.

Go with the flow, or drown in the undertow. =o

Fujikuro
Aug 21, 2003, 05:01 PM
I'll drown in the undertoe thanks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

geewj
Aug 21, 2003, 09:05 PM

Worst advice there ever was. Seriously, it is.

AUTO_
Aug 22, 2003, 01:15 AM
On 2003-08-21 19:05, Prof_Frink wrote:

You lie frinx! You lie!

>_>

Fujikuro
Aug 22, 2003, 01:27 AM
Yeah it usuall turns up with raw results but hey...I fell damn good after Im done with someone who just nagged me.

geewj
Aug 22, 2003, 09:03 PM
On 2003-08-21 23:15, AUTO_ wrote:

On 2003-08-21 19:05, Prof_Frink wrote:

You lie frinx! You lie!

>_>

Being an asshole will solve nothing, unless your goal is to be an asshole.

Fujikuro
Aug 23, 2003, 12:10 AM
Sounds like a good goal to me

Sagasu
Aug 23, 2003, 12:10 AM
I agree, concur with ABDUR101
KIll them with kindness, its lots of fun to see there faces when they expect you to tell them to shut the fuck up, and instead I would politley answer their questions and they tend to leave me alone. Guess its because I'm such a nice guy...

Vanango
Aug 23, 2003, 02:36 AM
Or you could just be difficult and respond to everything with "Why Not?"

Sagasu
Aug 23, 2003, 02:41 AM
Yet my entire purpose was to get them to let me alone and asking them Why not would only continue the conversation farther wich is contradictory to the main purpose of being polite to startle them.

Vanango
Aug 23, 2003, 02:58 AM
I guess there are just a lot of different types of nagging.

There's the intentional nagging where their intent is to bug and irk you, popular amoung younger kids and siblings... and there is oblivious nagging, popular with mothers especially, when they ask you repeatedly to do the same thing over and over or to remind you common sense things... there is the unintentional nagging when someone asks you questions at the wrong time and it seems to be nagging to you... uh, yea. *wanders off*

Sagasu
Aug 23, 2003, 03:15 AM
When dealing with mothers I usually use the polite strategy, I dont think "Piss off mom you've told me ten times now" would get me very far.

Guile
Aug 23, 2003, 04:24 AM
On 2003-08-21 13:36, NKOTB wrote:
My ex gf used to nag the f'ing shit out of me.

She wanted to be with me 24 hours a day and she only wanted to do the things she wanted to do.

She didn't drink, didn't like video games, and would bitch about alergies non-stop.

Then one day I was in St Louis and I check my voice mail and I have one from her. She said she was mad that I went to STL for the weekend and didn't spend the time with her so she dumped me. My friends and I celebrated like rock stars. I remember I was so drunk and hungry when we got back to my friens apt I ate a jar of pickles. It was THE ONLY food her had. It was nasty the next morning having to drive home and trying not to throw up the pickles.

But yeah, she was a nagger.

Hahaha ahh I feel you, my ex broke my balls with all her naggin....
That's why she is now my Ex.

_J
Aug 23, 2003, 06:25 AM
Don't be rude, just answer the questions simply.

"What do you want to do with your life?"

-I don't know, I have plenty of time to decide since there are so many choices.

"Why do you like that?"

-No reason, it's just something that sounds/feels right, and I enjoy it. You can't explain something so simple.

etc, etc.

Usually, if someone asks me a question like "Why do you like blah blah" I ask them the same question for something simple that they like, and more often than not they just say "Just because", and if they have an attitude about it when they reply, thats when I throw in some attitude and tell them ok, it's "just because" for me as well.

No need to just start flipping out, causes un-needed drama and stress.

Go with the flow, or drown in the undertow. =o

Abdur, don't be naieve. If your parents are nagging you about how you live your life, responding how Abdur says will not help at all. The only thing they will want to hear is something along the lines of you are coming round to their way of thinking - if you say anything else it will only leave them feel frustrated and left with the need to meddle. You just have to hang tough, then leave.

ABDUR101
Aug 23, 2003, 10:36 AM
Naive eh? I was giving an example, it's going to change depending on the situation, obviously.

My main point was don't just be an ass in the hopes of making them shut up. Explain your point of view, and if they go into further and go about it the wrong way, thats when you stand firm.

...no..wait...my first post is to be taken as gospel. =D

_J
Aug 24, 2003, 08:39 PM
Naive eh? I was giving an example, it's going to change depending on the situation, obviously.

My main point was don't just be an ass in the hopes of making them shut up. Explain your point of view, and if they go into further and go about it the wrong way, thats when you stand firm.

...no..wait...my first post is to be taken as gospel. =D

You made no mention of standing firm in your first post. You will just have to hang tough, the chances of any other outcome are very slim.