PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: [GROUP FICTION] Minor Transformation (chapter 1)

mr_rubbish
Aug 21, 2003, 03:45 PM
Here are the rules:
-- Read the chapter(s) already posted.
-- Post a proposed next chapter yourself.
-- *New* Feel free to leave a comment or at least acknowledge that you'll think about considering contributing.
-- Once a few are up, people comment and vote on what they like, I will then choose a winner.
-- The chapters are copied & pasted into a new forum thread and the process begins again.

Info:
-- Early posters will have an advantage so type fast http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
-- Introducing new characters or getting rid of current ones is fine as long as it does not interrupt the flow of the story. For example, killing the main character is almost always a no-no.
-- Chapters should float around the 300 word mark with a max of 500 words. This is only a guideline for comfortable reader length. (I promise to try and stick to this one myself!).
-- Even if you are not sure if your chapter is good enough, throw it out there. You just might suprise yourself.
-- Above all, have fun!!! (Thats a rule! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

Hopefully we can get about 6-8 chapters out of this one, but who knows how it'll turn out?

Chapter 1 below.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mr_rubbish on 2003-08-22 14:50 ]</font>

mr_rubbish
Aug 21, 2003, 03:46 PM
--------- Minor Transformation ---------

----- Chapter 1 ------ by Mr.Rubbish (http://www.pso-world.com/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=mr_rubbish)

Ash looked up just in time to see the giant serpent roar with anger as it sank beneath the turbulent surface. He rose to his feet, a little unsteady as the speeding raft slowly corrected itself. Kiki, the Fonewearl, approached him, a concerned look crossed her face.

"Are you alright? That was quite a hit you took there!"

Ash flashed one of his trademark smiles.

"Nah, don't worry about it. It merely caught me off guard that’s all. I'm more suprised than hurt."

"Suprised?" Queried Bernie the RAmar. "The worm knocked you flat on your back!"

Ash shot him a look of irritation before continuing, "It's ok, my armour absorbed the blow, no harm."

"What ever you say." Replied Bernie.

When the raft had come to a stop at some kind of secret mining facility, Ash had secretly breathed a sigh of relief when the group decided it would be better to report to the Principle their discoveries before further exploration. Bernie was a bit too condescending for his tastes and besides his arm was still numb from when the tentacle had struck it and he didn't want to appear weak infront of others.

-----

"So let me get this straight... there's no pain just an itching?" said the nurse skeptically.

"Yeah, like I said before, this giant... thing hit me with a tentacle and now... well I've been scratching it for about three hours now. It feels like its itchy under the skin..."

The nurse looked down at Ash's forearm, slightly swollen and red with scratch marks.

"Hmmmm. Well I've examined it and I can find any real cause. Other than the skin cream I've given you, I'm not sure what to recommend..." She stopped in mid-sentence.

"How about a sub-cellular scan?" She said walking over to a bank of sensors at which she began to operate the complex machinery.

"Its not very comfortable" She continued, "And it'll take a couple of hours, but I'm sure it'll get us to the root of the problem..."

She turned around and was bemused to see that she was talking to an empty room. She had seen it all before, Hunters always hitting on the nurses with their tales of daring-do and bravery.

"Hmph." She said to herself. "He'll be back."

TO BE CONTINUED...

mr_rubbish
Aug 22, 2003, 04:52 PM
Hello?
...llo...
...o...
Echo!
...cho...
...o...

Damnit people, don't make me write the whole thing by myself http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Logical2u
Aug 22, 2003, 04:57 PM
I don't really understand what to do...

to do....

to do....

.. ...

HunterKieran
Aug 22, 2003, 07:14 PM
Chapter 2 - by HunterKieran
NOTE: This is after my current fanfic, "The Hunter and the Demon".

In the mines of Ragol...

The green-armored female Ranger materialized not far from where a white Hunter was standing. "You are late, Victoria," Emperor Kieran Devaneaux I commented. "I could have killed everything in this sector by the time you arrived."

"Sorry, sir," said the Ranger quickly. "I just ran into Washu up on the ship and --"

"Don't worry about it. Just try not to be late again."

"Yes, sir....what are we doing here?"

"It seems that the machines have gone insane," said the Emperor, "and started attacking people again. We theorize that there is some kind of A.I. controlling the machines from somewhere down here. We're helping the others try to handle them."

"Yes, sir."

"I'll need your skill with the rifle, Ranger Victoria....keep your eyes open." Kieran unsheathed his long-blade katana as he walked into the next room. Victoria picked up her rifle and followed behind him.

Someone was already there, shooting at the robots with a shotgun. "Mark Two?" Kieran exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

"Enjoying living in this time," the android Ranger replied as he blasted through four Gilchics with his shotgun.

"Alright, I could use an extra gun. Follow me!"

Sagasu
Aug 23, 2003, 02:01 AM
"I just ran into Washu up on the ship and --" Tenchi!

Chapter 3:

Chaos looked up suddenly, a few rapid explosions assured his suspisions that the gillchics in the room behind him had been destroyed.

If there where more hunters in the area maybe they had seen Blaze! Chaos hurried to the previous room hoping that maybe these hunters could help him. But when he entered the room he froze, there was a RAmar talking to a female ranger and a figure dressed in something only some one of a high order would wear.

Chaos' fist clenched as his eyes traced the RAcast's frame.
"Relax, its not Kesset, Blaze destroyed him"

He made his way forward to the trio and waited to be acknowledged. The feamle ranger turned to him then took a step back and muffled a scream with her hand. The man that was dressed quite unapropriatly for the mines face tightened and the RAcast raised his shotgun.

"Relax I'm not who you think I am" Chaos tried to assure them but it was too late. The RAcast fired the shotgun straight into Chaos' chest blowing a large bloody hole through him. He sunk to his knees and remained still.

"Damnitt now you've gone and killed him you over reacting fool!" The female ranger yelled

"Hey he looked like Blaze to me and I panicked"

"He's not dead"

"What!!' both rangers said in unison, they looked at Chaos' corpse laying on the ground, a soft blue light had envoloped him covering the surface of all his skin completely. The hole in Chaos' chest filled with a bright sky blue light. There was a blinding flash and the breach in his upper torso slowly regrew.

The girl screamed as Chaos stood up, they witnessed bone regrow guts fill in and flesh knit together, and finally there was simply bare chest and broken armor left where the wound had been. Chaos' form was still glowing softly as he stepped forward and asked his question.

"Did you see my twin here?"
The man in formal clothing stepped forward and spoke,

"Rumored to be"

"Damn, hes gone then"

Chaos sighed and walked from the room leaving a rather confused crowd behind.

Sagasu
Aug 23, 2003, 03:54 AM
I don't know why I'm doing this, oh yeaah, i'm bored

Chapter 4

Chaos had to find him soon, Blaze was going to make the biggest mistake of his life soon that wouldn't just affect him, but every other hunter out there.

The military had become more and more aprehensive about the amount of powerfull hunters on the Pioneer 2. Blaze was going to start the war before the military started to restrict and confine them. Yet the path he was choosing was much to bloody for Chaos' liking.

Pioneer 2 was most peacful during simulated night. Blaze had first had to gather hunters in for his own army. His brother was an Ex-proffesional Assassin that destroyed his own guild. He had contacts that lead all the way back to earth and even the newman planet. It wouldn't be much of a task to gather many assassins to him. Blaze was going to maitain peace on ragol through blood and he couldn't let that happen, but where could he... he might... it HAD been a year.

Chaos picked up a few things before he had to meet blaze. It was traditionall in their family to visit the fallen spot of a hunter in the family every year, and it had been a year before he...

The forest near the central dome on Ragol was quiet. The only sound was the rain pourind down on the world below. Chaos made his way through the forest, he passed through several security doors that bore scars from wild animals trying to get past. Soon enough a shape became more and more distinct in front of him, it was Blaze, he had remembered. But he was the one who had done it, how could he forget.

Chaos stepped up to his twin brother, and set his white roses down by Blaze's black ones, bot on the exact spot where their sister had been slain.

"You did this"Chaos spoke angrily to blaze

"I had orders"

"And since when did you listen to orders?!" He shouted

Blaze looked up mournfully from the roses on the ground and into chaos' eyes. Blaze's hair was now pure white from the amount of power related stress running through him. But they still had the same look about them, and they still where twins.

"Leave Chaos,I dont want to---"Blaze yelled

"You chose your fate the moment your claws pierced our siters chest you demon!I have to avenge her now, its in our family honor code, you know that!"

Blaze stared at his twin, he didn't want to do this, but it was nessesary if Chaos was going to get in his way.

A photon claw apeared on Blazes wrist and he quickly poured his own energy into it, transforming the normal photon claw into three foot long blades that could cut through any substance.

Blaze lounged and lashed out with the claws ripping three heavy gashes into Chaos' chest. But the blue aura returned and healed his wounds.

"I'm dead, do you not remember that? dear brother.."

Chaos lounged this time and Blaze did not get a chance to fight back. He hit Blaze three times in the face and kneed him in the stomach before Blaze recovered and leapt back.

"We'll have to finish this later, its not appropriate to have family fighting on burial ground"

With that Blaze jumped into the river that was now raging due to the storm. Chaos followed best he could but soon the current overcame him and he was hurled toward a rock. His head made a dull thud as it hit the rock and Chaos sifted into unconciousness.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarunakai on 2003-08-23 04:08 ]</font>

HunterKieran
Aug 23, 2003, 04:39 AM
On 2003-08-23 00:01, Sarunakai wrote:
"I just ran into Washu up on the ship and --" Tenchi!

Yeah. Washu is one of my stepfather's Forces. *shrug*

-Emperor Kieran

mr_rubbish
Aug 23, 2003, 05:28 AM
Marge: Can't we just stop the madness now?
Homer: Man, if i had a nickle everytime I heard that one...
--------------------
Ok, it looks like there might have been a little confusion as to the format of this one. My aim was a group fiction like this one (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=63759&forum=12&66) but with a bit o' moderation thrown in to give a start, middle and end.
What I was hoping for was some chapter 2 submissions. The best one would get choosen, and in a new post thread we compete for chapter 3 etc.

----->8------ Snip Snip -----=8-----

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mr_rubbish on 2003-08-23 03:31 ]</font>

Sagasu
Aug 23, 2003, 05:34 AM
I can work Chaos back into the story but only once an a while, hes supposed to be on a quest to get revenge, he only gets sidtracked to help someone truly in need so he might come in handy in a desparate situation.

Sorry about the confusion, do you want me to try to make a chapter 2 to go against the other guys now, or how is this going to continue now?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarunakai on 2003-08-23 03:39 ]</font>

mr_rubbish
Aug 23, 2003, 06:11 AM
that chaos is one busy guy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
when does he get time to sleep?

Sagasu
Aug 23, 2003, 06:25 AM
Sorry its so short
Chapter 2

Chaos was now confused, he had been searching all of the back streets and alleys for information, but all he got was that Blaze was in the mines for something.

He had been dodging the enemies and making his way through the mines for at least an hour now. Yet the temptation to destroy the machines was great in his mind.

An android was sent to assassinate their parents, and after he had burned their home down he was going to kill them. But when Blaze stood in front of the android to prevent it the RAcast stopped and just looked at blaze for a long time. The RAcast took blaze with him, to the Assassin Elite Guild. He was stuck with his younger sister, and he had to fend for them both.

HE entered the next room, rows upon rows of robots stood up and slowly walked forward, and there was no way if he wanted to proceed, that he would make it past this room without fighting. As he stood in front of his oppenents someting inside hime struggled to get out.At that point he started to charge a RAzonde spell.

During there homlesss years after Blaze was taken he was nearly killed in an acident. Scientists offered him a proposal, that they could save him, but with an experimental substance.

Chaos' eyes glowed a bright blue, the first row of robots came at him. He easily slipped in amongst them, and discharged the RAzonde energy obliterating the mass of gilchics.

When he first opened his eyes after experimentation he was changed, he was much more physically fit, he was aware of everything that went on wround him, and he gained a power that should've been kept to the gods themselves, regeneration.

The robots blew up in unison around him as he calmly stepped forward and into the next room...

Sagasu
Aug 23, 2003, 06:27 AM
Chaos is half dead, he doesn't consider rest something he can enjoy untill he avenges his sisters death.

mr_rubbish
Aug 23, 2003, 08:30 AM
AHahahah!
TWO chapter twos! How I love to count!

Sagasu
Aug 23, 2003, 05:51 PM
So whos chapter 2 is better?

mr_rubbish
Aug 24, 2003, 04:22 AM
i'll see if we can get 1 or 2 more submissions before i pass judgement

On 2003-08-23 15:51, Sarunakai wrote:
So whos chapter 2 is better?

mr_rubbish
Aug 25, 2003, 12:49 PM
Hmmmm.....
Thanks for the submissions guys, but i think i scared off too many people with the rules http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
as a result i'm gonna pull this post in a few days and hopefully re-write it as a standard story. Hope its not too much of a disappointment, and as Zeus says in Altered Beast... "Never give up!"

Sagasu
Aug 27, 2003, 03:27 PM
*Sheds a tear*

LOL, no problem, if needed I can write more chapters but lately I havent been able to do much with the homework piling up, it last me a good three hours every day...

mr_rubbish
Aug 29, 2003, 12:29 PM
D'Oh! cannot delete this thread http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
everyone please ignore it