PDA

View Full Version : noob haters

shifter
Aug 22, 2003, 08:33 AM
this has been bugging me since last night and i just gotta get it off my chest. in playing online, with my other char., and i decide to get some lvls on my force. so im on vega and find a game that my char can join. i get in, and start playing and after some time this guy joins in. while waiting for the others to come back from P2, me and him(another force) start going on r own. then he ask me where my weapon is and i dont say anything, so out of no where he calls me a noob. i ignore him, but he keeps it up for some time. so instead of getting in a typing war of words, i left.

i dont like carring a weapon, so what that automaticly means that im a noob. so i like my spells to come off faster than if i had a weapon, big fckn deal. the main reason i dont have a weapon on is because none of the stuff i have, i can equip but that some how mean that im a noob. ive spent most of my time offline and have only what i can find. i felt like reaching in the tv and socking some of these kids sometimes. i just hope no one else exp. some of the crap i had to go through last night.

Valleo
Aug 22, 2003, 09:19 AM
On 2003-08-22 06:33, shifter wrote:
this has been bugging me since last night and i just gotta get it off my chest. in playing online, with my other char., and i decide to get some lvls on my force. so im on vega and find a game that my char can join.

I stopped reading after that. That, to me, is the cause of your problem. Stay off Vega and you'll be fine.

shifter
Aug 22, 2003, 10:53 AM
reeally, i had no idea that vega was like that. u got any suggestions as to where i should play then.

Firocket1690
Aug 22, 2003, 11:06 AM
The official PSO World block is Antares 08

shifter
Aug 22, 2003, 11:19 AM
thank a lot. i think ill be playing there from now on.

Vanango
Aug 22, 2003, 11:29 AM
don't hate the noobplaya hate the game.

or something.

I stopped using a weapon with my high lvl Fonewm b/c I could cast faster without it and do heavy damage.

r0x0rz

shifter
Aug 22, 2003, 11:34 AM
thats was exactly what i was thinking. i dont carry a weapon for that reason(and i cant use the cool stuff i have). anyone who has played with a force can/has seen a huge difference when they do/dont have a weapon. i think its smart not stupid, and im glad that someone out there agrees with my method.

kat
Aug 22, 2003, 12:43 PM
I like to have a gun on my fo, mainly for trap whomping and stuff... but yeah, it is nice to have faster techs poppin off.

I'd say vega might be a part of the problem, but that Antares 8 (which is typically uber crowded) is not necessarly better - I've met my share of jerks there, though my understanding is that they aren't as bad as Vega's. There's been a 'Bruce Lee NK' up on Antares 10 I believe it is, though it could be 8 or 9 who is immulating his icon on Vega...

I play Deneb too... and there's still an overpopulation of idiots no matter how unpopulated the server is...

So don't expect that antares 8 holds only angels. I've met all kinds there too, and felt the need to smack as well.

Still... I play antares 8 as well as other blocks there and on deneb. I don't play Vega. Ever.

Fujikuro
Aug 22, 2003, 02:15 PM
Vega is definatly by far the most Idiot Populated Lobby in PSO...and to be honest I have noticed some of these people migrating over to Antares. Deneb is just plain empty most of the time unless its a PSOW Cmode Night. So pretty much the best thing to do is if you meet someone like that...leave. I mean if they are ignorant enough to call you a noob for not using a weapon then do they really deserve the time of day? Personally I like the Forces who don't use a weapon because like you said the techs get off a lot faster and they do just as much damage. So just leave those goobers alone and let them eat each other alive.

Sagasu
Aug 22, 2003, 02:52 PM
Face it...We where all noobs at one point, so people are really making fun of everyone.

Fujikuro
Aug 22, 2003, 04:07 PM
I think you missed something these pal, Idiot and noob are two totally seperate things. An idiot is someone who will mock you for no apparent reason or because he doesn't like the way you play PSO...or just has a lack of brains. A noob, or newbie, is someone who doesn'y yet understand everything about the game and thats fine because it will take time. However, the people I am against are the ones that, like stated in this post, start going off on someone and calling them a noob because they don't use a weapon. If your new to PSO and don't understand why someone doesn't use a weapon than thats fine but its when you go off and start mocking the person you don't understand that it becomes an annoyance, if you will. Yes, I was a "noob"/newbie at one point as well but common courtesy should have some affect even if it is just a game, right?