PDA

View Full Version : GRAH ESTLLA NOT ESTILLA RARRGGGGH!!!

Nai_Calus
Aug 24, 2003, 11:02 PM
Freaking hell, man, damn near everyone everywhere who mentions Estlla spells it 'Estilla'! There's no freaking i! It's stupid, I know, but it drives me fracking nuts! Look at your Mag's PB list! It says Estlla! Look at the outer ring on the summon circle! Note the utter lack of the 'I' character! Estlla! Not Estilla! Rarrgh!

...Sorry, I'm just annoyed because I'm raising a Mag for my FOnewearl right now, and Mag farming always gives me a screaming headache.

That, and I'm annoyed because Elly keeps growing on me and I don't hate her anymore.

Bradicus
Aug 24, 2003, 11:41 PM
I like elly... whats the word for people who "fancy"
machines?
that computer was a lucky man...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bradicus on 2003-08-24 21:41 ]</font>

Soukosa
Aug 25, 2003, 01:50 AM
Maybe people just aren't really aware that its spelled that way. I didn't know until Lucas2k4 corrected me stating something about you telling him about it. On a side note, Estlla works quite well in Ult, much better than Pilla.

Orange_Coconut
Aug 25, 2003, 05:39 AM
I think I know why, if you look at the Photon Blasts/donating PB guide Estlla is, infact, spelled "Estilla". That could throw many people off.

polishedweasel
Aug 25, 2003, 07:26 AM
I thought it was "estella"

oh well, who cares? not me....only a game..go outside and get some fresh ai...life. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Inu_Ranma
Aug 25, 2003, 03:06 PM
You are aware that Estlla is impossible to say in Japanese? That means that it's more likely the American/English port which has the typo, considering that it's impossible for the language of the original to spell the word that way.

_J
Aug 25, 2003, 04:35 PM
If all you have worrying you or getting you pissed off, is how people spell the name of a PB attack on an online game - consider yourself pretty fortunate, and very petty.

Oh, and you suck if it's the 'western barbarians' that got it wrong because of translation. : )

Inu_Ranma
Aug 25, 2003, 04:49 PM
I, personally, could care less. I'm just sitting around very bored and saw a line that was like...hey...this guy has no idea what the @$%! he is talking about!

It was entertaining.

OnnaWren
Aug 25, 2003, 06:43 PM
Bradicus: I believe the word you're looking for is "mechophile"...

And as for the whole "Estlla/Estilla/Estella" thing: 1)It is "Estlla". 2)Who cares if it's unpronounceable in Japanese? The language spoken aboard Pioneer II is not English, it is not Japanese; it is most likely a derivative of Palmalantak, the native language of the Palman race (and therefore much of the Algolian solar system).

Shimarisu
Aug 25, 2003, 08:40 PM
The Japanese is Esutora, I would hazard a guess that Estlla IS a typo, by the fact that the word would be an approximation of the pronunciation of the made up language, were you to spell it in english, and I've NO idea how to pronounce 'Estlla' with two Ls.

The Japanese is an approximation of a word that would be pronounced 'Estla', following usual conventions in Japanification of foreign words.

- Shimarisu (and by the way, I think I know you, did you perchance used to contribute to my fanzine Role Call a few years back?)

Nai_Calus
Aug 25, 2003, 10:13 PM
The Japanese furthers my case against the usage of Estilla, actually. >_>;

I always figured it would be pronounced 'EST-lah', but that's just me... *shrug*

And I doubt it's a typo, unless ST of Japan made the typo. The outer ring of the summon circle that has the names of the PBs does indeed say 'ESTLLA'. And considering the nice crunchy Engrishness of the rest of it...("I wish it at an alliance from several years ago" and "Please protect us by virtue of your the great light power" are the other two rings of text)

No, you can't spell Estlla perfectly in Japanese. You can't spell Bernie or Calus or Elly or Kireek either, but I don't see anyone claiming that their names are American typos. O_o;

Whatever you may choose to believe, my point still stands. It's not fricking Estilla. O_O; I can't believe people are actually arguing over this. X_x;

Rudoku
Aug 25, 2003, 10:20 PM
You started it...

Dime
Aug 25, 2003, 11:40 PM
Estilla

Nai_Calus
Aug 26, 2003, 06:59 AM
On 2003-08-25 21:40, Dime wrote:
Estilla

*whacks Dime with a rolled up newspaper* >P

Mleh! *cuddles Rati* So cute...!

LamerPanda
Aug 26, 2003, 07:04 AM
I call it dolphin. >_>

What? It works!

Nai_Calus
Aug 26, 2003, 07:19 AM
On 2003-08-26 05:04, LamerPanda wrote:
I call it dolphin. >_>

What? It works!

LOL, yeah. My boyfriend used to call it the Dolphin of Disaster. Farlla was Worm of Justice. Golla was Moose of Missing. Pilla was Moth(No, I don't see it either) of Asskicking. I don't think there was ever anything for Mylla&Youlla, and I know there wasn't one for Leilla. But yeah, he'd sit around and yell those out whenever either one of us used a PB. Glarghle. *hits him on reflex* o_O