PDA

View Full Version : Poll: GCN or PS2

MAGusZ87
Aug 28, 2003, 07:54 PM
A friend and I having a dispute over which system is better. I'm a Nintendo fan and he's a Sony fan. He also thinks that Sports games r the best type of video games, I prefer RPGs. He likes PS2 because it has "awsome graphics", I like GCN because it has far better and much more in depht plots and characters (like Link, he's still popular ever since 1987). So based on your own opinions, prejudices, loyalties, or whatever, pick your favorite out of the 2, Gamecube (GCN) or Playstation 2 (PS2)

Reenee
Aug 28, 2003, 08:01 PM
Get both.

Dbc
Aug 28, 2003, 08:05 PM
I'm gonna pick the PS2 even though I don't have either because I like rpg's and I could play psx and ps2 rpg games on it, GTA would be fun also

Dangerous55
Aug 28, 2003, 11:12 PM
There is no best system, when will people understand that? Each person has their favorite system, doenst make it the best.

The only way you can really do the "best" system is by the amount of money they make.

_Sinue_
Aug 29, 2003, 04:25 AM
Seeing as how my name at PSX2Central used to be "SonyFan", and I was a moderator over there.. I'm pretty sure you can guess what my favorite console would be.

The Dreamcast.

(And no, I'm not being sarcastic)

Miller
Aug 29, 2003, 06:41 AM
Prepares for console war heehee...

Well i like neither both are crap compared to my pc! out of the two it would be the PS2 tho all the Final Fantasy games swing it for me.

HotWaterDeath
Aug 29, 2003, 07:45 AM
They're both swell gaming consoles. I think this arguement can be likened to the "Coke vs. Pepsi" wars(They're both horrid, but horrid in a "good" way). Except Vanilla Pepsi tastes more like tapioca...and Vcoke tastes more like an ice cream float that fizzles out after five sips (Well so does Vanilla Pepsi). The bottom line is that tapioca owns your soul. Bow before your new chunk laden king!!

Valleo
Aug 29, 2003, 10:27 AM
To be honest, I buy consoles based on game titles. I got my PS2 in preparation of Suikoden 3, my GC in anticipation of SSBM and Zelda and my X box while waiting for Knights of the old republic. If you started a "which has the best game library" thread there may have been a point to it, but a "which is the best console" doesnt really maks sense to me.

I dont know which console has the most potential as far as graphics, game speed and so on. Even if I did it wouldnt dictate which one I played the most. As long as a console has some good games I actually want to play, i'll play it.

Stricker
Aug 29, 2003, 12:06 PM
If you like RPG (or other 1 player games) go for the PS

But if you like multiplayer games (like me) go for the GC

Reece
Aug 29, 2003, 03:04 PM
Did you say PS2 good graphics?! Bah XBox has the best graqphics then GCN...

Valleo
Aug 29, 2003, 03:19 PM
On 2003-08-29 13:04, Reece wrote:

"Me fail english? Thats unpossible!"
-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

Allos
Aug 29, 2003, 03:48 PM
First I'd like to say that if you like RPG's then why are you going with GCN? Yeah, it has some RPG's but PS2 has soooo much more. Graphically it all depends on the game, but on average GCN games have better graphical capability. It all depends on the type of games you play though.

DarkWolf
Aug 29, 2003, 03:49 PM
My gaming loyalties are with EVERYTHING BUT the Xbox. ^_^

I don't particularly care for sports games (unless it's wrestling, or BloodBowl [oh how I wish someone would remake that game! That is so hilarious!]), however the PS2 has a lot of "I'm-bored-so-I'll-play-this-for-5-minutes" type games I enjoy (like Theme Park Rollercoaster, and DBZ Budokai), and of course the innovative .hack series. However the GC has the two most important things I liked about the Dreamcast (PSO and Sonic Adventure1&2), however it's got games that appease my kids (Mario Party 4).

However, I already (unwillingly) have enough MS stuff that's beyond my pain threshold, and really don't need nor want any more.

Reece
Aug 29, 2003, 10:24 PM
On 2003-08-29 13:19, Valleo wrote:

On 2003-08-29 13:04, Reece wrote:

"Me fail english? Thats unpossible!"
-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

me no stupid?!111>? you ca1l me stuped! Weat Eva mster

Inu_Ranma
Aug 30, 2003, 05:52 PM
I pick....

PC ^_^

Monomate
Aug 30, 2003, 06:13 PM
On 2003-08-28 17:54, MAGusZ87 wrote:
A friend and I having a dispute over which system is better. I'm a Nintendo fan and he's a Sony fan. He also thinks that Sports games r the best type of video games, I prefer RPGs. He likes PS2 because it has "awsome graphics", I like GCN because it has far better and much more in depht plots and characters (like Link, he's still popular ever since 1987). So based on your own opinions, prejudices, loyalties, or whatever, pick your favorite out of the 2, Gamecube (GCN) or Playstation 2 (PS2)

he says PS2 has awesome graphics...lmao...ummmm...has he seen Halo? ( i know it's for XBox and i despise it because it is the most overrated game in the universe, but...truth be told...it has better graphics than most PS2 games.)

Now i ask, has he seen Resident Evil or Resident Evil 0? Better graphics than any game i've ever seen on ANY of the three systems.

but yeah. people say Nintendo is for 'little kiddies' but, it's got all the old school characters like mario and link. and really good games with really good stories (and btw, Resident Evil is anything but a kiddy game...)

and we also have Link in our version of Soul Calibur II cooler than that damn Heihachi...and Spawn for that matter...

so...GameCube wins...

Reece
Aug 31, 2003, 12:58 AM
I love listining to Casual Gamers and arguing with them. They say FF is PS2 ONLY RETARD! It's like wtf There are more FF's on a Nintendo system... and the PS2 FF's are WAAAAAY Over rated

tiltnkirby26
Aug 31, 2003, 09:46 AM
I like both!!!! I only have Gamecube(If you would like to donate to the "buy me a new system" foundation PM me) but I play the games on PS2 at my friends. Both are really in my mind the same.

BTW, The donating thing is a joke.

Inu_Ranma
Aug 31, 2003, 02:30 PM
W00t! San Jose...that makes five PSO players, myself included, that I know of in that entire county http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif