PDA

View Full Version : Current PSO World general board conduct... [rant]

Ion_Rush
Mar 27, 2001, 03:30 PM
Please pardon my "tone" but...
HOW FRICKEN OLD ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!

When I first started reading these boards around a month ago I thaught, "wow, mature people I would actually like to play with"
So far I've played with Sheogorath, Emperor Rage, Dreakken, Glider, and a few others whom read/post here. I had hoped to play with other, such as DG, Spy, Sutehk(sorry if I mispelled your name). But now I'm not sure.

I prefer to play online games with mature players, not the usual immature 12 year old PK's I've had to deal with when I played UO. I enjoy playing with people whom I can have an intelligent conversation with, even if half the time where playing where running through a dungeon silent as can be. And for awhile I thaught most PSO Worlders where mature teens/adults. But now from these pointless contests, I've seen that most are just as if not more immature then my 5 year old sister...

What's the point of these contests anyway? Nothing, it's a pointless popularity contest. Why? Because there is no real difference between the charecters, sure maybe one has a different outfit, or different hair style/color. But if you look at two charecters there damn near the same thing. Tell me, what's the point of voting for the most beautifull charecter, when there all the same?

Where I a moderator I would have stopped this long ago, I had to put a stop to many a flame wars when I GM'ed on a UO player shard.
You wouldn't believe the bull I had to sift through then...quite a bit more then we see here.

I read these boards every day, and the more I see this crap, the more my opinion lowers on some of the people here. It's hard enough to find good people to play with on PSO, why break it up even more with a stupid contest?

If you want to do a contest like this, do it right, make a page, set it up like the current PSO World art contest, and vote that way. don't leave it open for flame wars. Look at the current "Beauty Contest" thread, and tell me what you see.. 2 pages of actual post pertaining to the topic, and 5-6 pages worth of flames between people who where once good friends...

It's bad enough that we have hundreds maybe even thousands of flames about PK's, duping, and cheating cluttering up these boards, do we really need another five hundred posts of flames slowing this board down even more?

Ask yourself these questions...
Is it really worth loosing friends over? Is it really worth tearing up a community over?

My respect may be meaningless to you, but it's a hard thing to earn, and even harder to regain... So I'll keep playing with Those who I respect like Sheo, Dreakken, Rage, and Glider. But to Danger Girl, Spy, and all the others who continue this immature flame war. Well, Perhaps my respect was misplaced...

-Ion Rush
lvl 84 Humar

Sheogorath
Mar 27, 2001, 04:12 PM
Hey Ion, better watch out, or Gideon and Ambrai will do to your post what they did to four of mine already: Delete them and move them to the rants section.

Whats sad is, I had valid points to be made in the responses I posted. I think I'm the number one poster in the rants section, without actually having GONE there, if you can believe that.

You make sense though Ion, and I'll tell you this: even those who I thought were my friends are nothing more then PK'ers now. I won't mention names, but I will say that when someone I know tells me that Pk'ing with Resta is "fun and really, really KEWL!" That I immediately put them on my "sh*t list".

But then again, I'm thinking about ditching the whole community anyway. For the past two days I've never been mailed, even though many, many people I know were online, and I am being completely ignored by everyone and everyone I know.

I think I burned my candle too bright, now people are "bored" with me and i've been thrown out with all the other useless garbage. I think I'll join Spy in that lonely, lonesome, sad, long drive out into the sunset.....

Zero101
Mar 27, 2001, 04:21 PM
Wow, you need to count to 10 and relax.
All too often, people seem to get so caught up in games of this nature that they lose sight of their true purpose, which is to have fun. None of this is meant to be taken quite as seriously as some people have made it out to be... sure it's just a glorified popularity contest, yes the characters all look somewhat similiar (they are only polygons and texture maps after all); but it is also very entertaining.
The "beauty pageant" thread is so popular right now because it is fun to see these contestants mock flame each other. The psuedo-drama that plays out is interesting, and adds an element of suprise to what would otherwise be an extremely boring event.
The simple fact of the matter is that it's all in fun... nobody should take it so seriously that they get their feelings hurt. The community is not going to be "torn apart"... in a week no one will even remember that it took place... but in the meantime it will give us something to laugh about.
And I think we could all use a break from the more common "how to PK/how to dupe" threads that would otherwise run so rampant. At least this is not actually destructive to the game itself, it just gives us something to do during the time we can't be playing.
And what is soo horribly wrong with that?

I don't want to cause a flame war between us, I am not trying to cause even more friction on the board. I am simply trying to put things back into perspective... it's a game, no more, no less... take it it for what it is and it won't cause any harm. If you are really so bothered by it, simply choose not to read the thread.
Thanks, and have a good day

IceBlink
Mar 27, 2001, 04:41 PM
Hey...

C'mon, Sheo, don't be like that. ^_^ I'll play a game of PSO with you anytime... if I ever catch you online... ^_^;; You know how hard it is for a UK person to find you guys? ^_^;;

Well, at least some of us are half-sane... I guess... ^_^

gameaddict9
Mar 27, 2001, 10:46 PM
hey, sheo, I can tell you why I haven't played/talked to you...... well...... recently, I haven't even gone online...... cuz.... whenever i get online the first game I go into, like 10 minutes into, I get PK'ed, it's very discouraging.... but, lol, they always give my weapon back, cuz, nobody wants a dbl saber.... even though it aint that bad =)........ I hate all those fags who think PK ing is cool...... I went into one game, after being off for about 2 days, hoping things would have cleared up...... And the first game I go into..... the first thing I see is, some dude saying, watch this....... I will die, and this scape doll will not revive me.... Now you know what I'm thinking.. This guy is a MAJOR FAGGOT, trying to fuck something up....... then he dies, and starts walking around..... I tell everybody, WATCH OUT!!! he's gonna PK you, and well, luckily I telepiped out fast enough, but, those other people didn't..... and they got PK'ed....... SEGA needs to fix this....

Aravis
Mar 30, 2001, 11:42 AM
Ion_Rush and Sheogorath, I'll play with you anytime... I'm usually on Umbriel daily. If you want to send me a private message (or e-mail) and let me know when you're going to be on and where, I'll meet you in the lobby.

I know what you mean about the boards and the game, and all the irritations that come with an online-community-based video game. But I have met a lot of good people who have counter-balanced all the jerks... Gryphon, VanFanel, ***NiGhTs***, Moogle, SSS_Gokou, Jesecca, and Deunan are just some of the great people I've met. Honest, fun, mature players. There's more on that great-people-to-play-with list, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Anyhow, I look forward to playing with you all - don't go off into the sunset in disgust. .if you do, then the jerks win. :-/

Aravis (FOnewarl 47)/Gynrei (HUnewarl 41)

PS - Don't refer to people who piss you off as fags (last poster on this thread) - that's just insensitive and shitty.

Nawms
Apr 6, 2001, 11:43 PM
Ion Rush Listen:

All your base are belong to us. Have a nice day!

you really do need to count to 10 and relax. IT is JUST a GAME! People mature don't taunt people. Shows how mature you are.