PDA

View Full Version : greedy?

MasterJoel
Sep 1, 2003, 02:02 AM
my sister had a traditional catholic wedding on saturday. as part of the wedding party (i was a reader and an usher), i recieve a gift from my sister and her new husband for being part of the wedding. a friend calls me greedy for accepting a present for their wedding. he also called us hypocrits because i also give them a wedding present for getting married, so "the buck" does a full circle. also, he thinks that if i accept a gift, then everyone is entitled to the same thing, dispite the fact that weddings only need 2 witnesses for legality and my sister spent over $15,000 to have her friends and family come. if you ask me, that is a gift to everyone. wedding guests money grubbing, apparently. what do you think?

-am i greedy for accepting a present from them for THEIR wedding?
-are my sister and i hypocrits?
-is the wedding itself a gift to guests, or are we greedy bastards for coming?
-does my friend have male PMS?

P.S., all wedding attendees get a small box of candy just for coming. my part in the wedding was not more important than other guests, but there wouldn't be a wedding without readers or ushers, and i filled both parts.

polishedweasel
Sep 1, 2003, 02:49 AM
I get so bored at weddings...you know? I like the food and partying after the wedding, but you know? meh...blarg!

zimmk2vgc
Sep 1, 2003, 09:52 AM
weddings...so beutiful (cries)

Shattered_weasel
Sep 1, 2003, 10:05 AM
On 2003-09-01 07:52, zimmk2vgc wrote:
weddings...so beutiful (cries)

nice spamming. Those one line posts a memorable

Suppa_Buddha
Sep 1, 2003, 12:13 PM
I was at a wedding yesterday for my cousin, I was an usher also I didn't get anything but a thanks from them. I didn't really care if I didn't get anything or not, they're family. But you, I don't thinks thats really greedy, its a gift just accept it.