PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur. 2!!

Monomate
Sep 1, 2003, 09:05 AM
two words: buy. it. now.

it rocks.

It's one of the most balanced fighting games ever made. All the characters are very well balanced, and it is truly possible to be good with all of the characters, unlike some games were certain characters are WAY overpowered, and some are extremely weak. And besides, you've gotta admit. The characters LOOK REALLY GOOD.

So remember those 5 words: buy. it. now.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 1, 2003, 09:43 AM
buy it now so i can spam you to death with the power of Maxi

Kadavreski
Sep 1, 2003, 11:45 AM
On 2003-09-01 07:43, Shattered_weasel wrote:
buy it now so i can spam you to death with the power of Maxi

or _J

Dime
Sep 1, 2003, 11:47 AM
I suck at this game. I'm kinda good with Yunsung though...he doesn't look cool though :/

Slicer238
Sep 1, 2003, 12:34 PM
I got it for GC yesterday, so far I liek using Link, I'm owning with him. I swear ivy is a slave tamer or something.

Monomate
Sep 1, 2003, 03:14 PM
On 2003-09-01 09:47, Dime wrote:
I suck at this game. I'm kinda good with Yunsung though...he doesn't look cool though :/

yeah...i'm good with all the characters that look stupid. Like, say, Voldo! I can't stand him, yet I'm pretty good with him. I want to be good with either Taki or Xianghua, but i'm only OK with them so far.

Now, Necrid...that is one big green mofo that is fun to use...specially once you get his version of Soul Edge...(his version, Talim's version, and Seung Mina's version all regain health when you beat the crap outta stuff! not fair!!!)

Voodoochild
Sep 1, 2003, 03:19 PM
I will get it to xbox a soon as i can. I have the old dc ver http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Firocket1690
Sep 1, 2003, 05:22 PM
I got mine at 10:00a.m. sharp on release day

I'm good (GOOD, not CHEAP) with:
Ivy, Crevantes, Kilik, Necrid, and Voldo ... in that order

I already unlocked (bought) at least 3 weapons for every character...

DarkShinjaru
Sep 1, 2003, 05:47 PM
F-zero GX > Soul Calibur 2.

That, or I just didn't have the money for both.

Uncle_bob
Sep 1, 2003, 05:49 PM
I had a Soul Calibur +2 on PSO once...am I speeeeshul?!111

VolOpt2003
Sep 1, 2003, 06:07 PM
im going to get soul calibur 2 when it comes out in UK.

does anyone know when it comes out in the uk?

Monomate
Sep 1, 2003, 06:39 PM
On 2003-09-01 15:22, Firocket1690 wrote:
I got mine at 10:00a.m. sharp on release day

I'm good (GOOD, not CHEAP) with:
Ivy, Crevantes, Kilik, Necrid, and Voldo ... in that order

I already unlocked (bought) at least 3 weapons for every character...

really? i have at least 6 for every char and i just got it saturday (it is now monday). I despise Ivy (damn the bondage whip!) cervantes is cool. kilik is cool only when you're charade. Necrid rocks, and voldo scares me.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 1, 2003, 07:37 PM
i will still own you all with Maxi's spam power

RavenTW
Sep 1, 2003, 07:50 PM
Soul Edge will own you all. No one can beat a demon with fire for limbs and a skull for a head.

Monomate
Sep 1, 2003, 07:52 PM
On 2003-09-01 17:50, RavenTW wrote:
Soul Edge will own you all. No one can beat a demon with fire for limbs and a skull for a head.

that's Inferno...not Soul Edge. Soul Edge is the fricking sword!!! The SWORD!!! (Nightmare has it to start, Cervantes has shards of it to start. Everyone else can get their own version of it. Inferno uses it and gets his ass kicked by me...)

Monomate
Sep 1, 2003, 07:54 PM
they need online SCII so that everyone the world over could kick my ass in a Weapon Master style tournament.

CGoodness
Sep 1, 2003, 09:22 PM
On 2003-09-01 07:05, Monomate wrote:
two words: buy. it. now.

it rocks.

It's one of the most balanced fighting games ever made. All the characters are very well balanced, and it is truly possible to be good with all of the characters, unlike some games were certain characters are WAY overpowered, and some are extremely weak. And besides, you've gotta admit. The characters LOOK REALLY GOOD.

So remember those 5 words: buy. it. now.

i think its much too short

i completely cleaned out weapon master, all items costumes, and both complete sets of missions and getting to level 77. Grand edgemaster of the basilisk in 10 hours.

also
necrid, link, ivy, cervantes, voldo, and astaroth are all insanely cheap

the first time i ever even used necrid i beat extra arcade without continuing or looking the a command list

dont buy it unless you like doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over...

Firocket1690
Sep 2, 2003, 02:28 AM
On 2003-09-01 19:22, CGoodness wrote:

also
necrid, link, ivy, cervantes, voldo, and astaroth are all insanely cheap

the first time i ever even used necrid i beat extra arcade without continuing or looking the a command list

hmph

try using different moves then !!
most people button mash until they find out how to execute ONE decent move, and overuse it to death
(repeatly until enemy dies)

and monomate ...
I don't have that much time to play SCII as you might think ...

my dad HATES it when I bug grandma for new stuff (Ex: GAMES)
and now that I DO have it ...
I can't play when my he's in the house...
so right now, I've been playing for about 20-25 hours ...

and one last thing ...
when I said I'm GOOD with Ivy, I mean I know most of the combos, the 3 whip positions, and how to execute most of ther moves ...
(not just the insanely cheap ones http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Slicer238
Sep 2, 2003, 05:46 AM
Level 47, at least 5 weapons for everyone, link needs 3 and Nightmare needs 4. I bought every weapon in ch 1-5 along with the theaters in those ch. I also bought every exhibition theater in sub ch 1. I will have every thing by the time I do the second run for sub chs 2 and 4.

RavenTW
Sep 2, 2003, 06:55 AM
On 2003-09-01 17:52, Monomate wrote:

On 2003-09-01 17:50, RavenTW wrote:

that's Inferno...not Soul Edge. Soul Edge is the fricking sword!!! The SWORD!!! (Nightmare has it to start, Cervantes has shards of it to start. Everyone else can get their own version of it. Inferno uses it and gets his ass kicked by me...)

A sad, sad world we live in when people forget the classics. He's Soul Edge, he has always been Soul Edge, he will always be Soul Edge!

Shattered_weasel
Sep 2, 2003, 07:51 PM
No the spam power of Maxi will own you all

odie2088
Sep 2, 2003, 08:27 PM
hmmm...did someone try to say that inferno WAS soul edge? ....yeah, i bet, they look for shards of inferno...suuuuuuuure they do...you just live in ur own happy little world there, doncha? and nightmare ownz j00 f00s! i unlocked everything for him, kilik, necrid, ivy, and a few others...i forget who though...all my shops are sold out, but im not lvl 77 yet, lol, in the 70s, 73? 72? somethin, but i just do the little poke thingie, then smash'em into the ground repeatedly. so, i push, over-b, hold over-b, over-b, hold over-b, and if they actually stand up and attempt to hurt me...well, i smash their heads in with my hilt! BUA HA HA HA HA! oh, and maxi sucks, lol, his names funny, plus hes the only japanese elvis impersonator i know of! -combs pompadour- i didnt know elvis had nunchakus, though...

CGoodness
Sep 2, 2003, 09:02 PM
On 2003-09-01 15:49, Uncle_bob wrote:
I had a Soul Calibur +2 on PSO once...am I speeeeshul?!111

did u copy that from my old thread a while back?

polishedweasel
Sep 3, 2003, 01:29 PM
I beat you all...I got it at 10:00 on Wednesday, beat the game with every character and beat weapon master mode all the way through, unlocked every weapon with every character, unlocked every costume with every character, I'm lv 75 I beleive, and I'm better than you...

uhm....as far as the game being too easy and repetitive...take the game off Easy, play it on hard and stop button mashing...anything else...ask the pros....me and DarkMonger...but he hasn't posted in like 8 months, hrm.

I think that's it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sagasu
Sep 3, 2003, 03:40 PM
Some one plays aLOT...

I got it saturday and I'm about level 63 in weapon master mode. I'd own all yall with YUngsung

Firocket1690
Sep 3, 2003, 11:28 PM
Lvl 35 ....

I don't play half as much as all of you'z

RavenTW
Sep 5, 2003, 06:34 AM
On 2003-09-02 18:27, odie2088 wrote:
hmmm...did someone try to say that inferno WAS soul edge? ....yeah, i bet, they look for shards of inferno...suuuuuuuure they do...you just live in ur own happy little world there, doncha?

Fool, go play Soul Edge/Blade and you'll know what I'm talking about. Soul Edge pwns Inferno and Charade.

Asuka_chan
Sep 5, 2003, 07:50 AM
I got it on Tuesday ^^. I play it so much that when I finally turn it off at one in the morning (^^'), I can still see the fights when I close my eyes ^^'.

Reenee
Sep 5, 2003, 09:38 AM
I have 60 bucks! But, I can't buy it till I save up some moola for FFXI crap. And even then, I'll get some hassle from my 'rents 'cause I start school Monday...