PDA

View Full Version : Anyone worried a PSO EpI&II Ver 1.0 is gonna happen here?

Link00seven
Sep 1, 2003, 07:25 PM
Yeah, anyone here worried that there's gonna be a bug in the game, and importers are gonna be screwed again? I dont think so, since the game connects to the EpI&II servers, it should connect to the US servers. I dont know. I'm still importing it, and giving it a chance.

How about all of you?

Reece
Sep 1, 2003, 08:17 PM
It will probaly happen ST dosn't care

Getintothegame
Sep 1, 2003, 09:52 PM
On 2003-09-01 18:17, Reece wrote:
It will probaly happen ST dosn't care

Remember the fisrt week GC V1.0 came out in Japan? There was a duping glitch. It was incredibly easy, and was spread around like crazy. Later that week, They made a recall and people could exchange it for V1.1.

I dont think that will happen on this game. There are more beta-testers.

:/ I'm tired, So I may have missed somethign there...

ginko990
Sep 1, 2003, 10:50 PM
C.A.R.D. hacked is going to suck even more than EP1&2 hacked.

AndyPandy
Sep 2, 2003, 02:18 AM
Didnt someone mention that there is already a Action Replay code out to change some of the text from Japanese to English in the trial?

Funny looking back now though, heh 1.0, 1.1, what a waste of time and money on behalf of Sonic Team. It really does go to show, that they stil have not got a clue.

YujiNaka
Sep 2, 2003, 09:47 AM
Yep. The thing is Datel dont make Codes for PSO. They will never ever make codes for online games. But there are some hacker who can make these "unofficial" codes.

Sashi
Sep 2, 2003, 12:04 PM
Well, I don't think it will be a problem, like some of you are thinking it will be. You don't have the ability to drop items, or cards, so they are just lying on the floor. Without having actual items like that, I think it will be slightly harder to dupe.

As for other cheats, time will tell.

Jack
Sep 2, 2003, 01:04 PM
The guy who made the code, Sappharad, made it with a master copy of his disc browser program, I assume. He also made the "Enable" (hahaha) code for PSO 1&2.

Sappharad
Sep 2, 2003, 06:05 PM
On 2003-09-02 11:04, Jack wrote:
The guy who made the code, Sappharad, made it with a master copy of his disc browser program, I assume. He also made the "Enable" (hahaha) code for PSO 1&2.

LOL. You're going to scare people who dont know that the enable is a joke, and what it actually does.

I dont expect any real AR codes to surface for any GC PSO version, at least not with how things are going. There is no way to make a working master (m) code for PSO Ep1&2 without a dump of the PSO version, (every release is different) some knowledge of PPC assembly, and knowing how to create an 'overlapping' enable. The main executable that loads when the PSO disc starts isn't PSO at all. It's a 400k-ish program that loads the actual game, PSOv3.dol. The AR only has the ability to directly modify what's there before the main executable runs, which is not PSOv3.dol. Of course there are people capable of doing this, but most of them have PSO for homebrewn development. The PSO Episode 3 trial on the other hand, does NOT load thru another executable. You'd only need a RAM dump to make codes for it. Hopefully Sonic Team will do something to protect PSO Episode 3 from being modified by the AR before the final comes out.

The reason I consider my PSO Episode 3 english code safe is because it doesn't modify the game at all. It just patches the filesystem table, which is loaded before PSO even executes. Since it doesn't modify the executable, it's basicly like the AR was never there in the first place.

I didn't intend on making this post so long, (it was 2 lines before I edited it) but I had to edit it after I read what was posted below. (And BTW, that so called Infinite TP he mentions... it does absoultely nothing. The code never get's ran, because there's no enable for it to allow the AR to write to the memory, and if it did run, it's just an edit of the fake enable, so it really wouldn't do much at all. I've looked at every fake code I've seen posted, and none of them are even CLOSE to doing anything.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sappharad on 2003-09-02 18:33 ]</font>

primer567
Sep 2, 2003, 06:26 PM
Only working AR codes are music glitch and infinite tp.