PDA

View Full Version : people and junky cars

klepto
Sep 2, 2003, 11:49 PM
today while driving with my mother, we noticed a junky old car. once we had a few laughs, we noticed that despirte its slow speed, it was spewing parts all over the street. The car stopped, and we stopped to help. Turns out, the car has 343000 miles on it, and what was lying on the street was an alternator and part of his brakes. The owner claimed that in an attempt to save money, he bought this car for 300 dollars and he was gonna fix it up. To make a long story short, he was fined 500 dollars for obstruction of traffic/blocking the streets with his junked out old parts/littering. What a way to save money.

ABDUR101
Sep 2, 2003, 11:54 PM
...look, this is why we have the Darwin's award ok? If there weren't stupid people like this, then how would the rest of us get amusement?

If it weren't for people doing assenine stunts that ended with them crumpled into 10 different directions, or people with obscene schemes to rob places with plastic bags over their head with no eye holes which results in them banging into everything...seriously, where would ....oh..wait..lost my point. Oh well, it was a damn good one too, but now if you'll excuse me I have to go flush those lost pearls of wisdom down the toilet.

klepto
Sep 3, 2003, 12:02 AM
Ive read those darwins books. heh, quite interesting

polishedweasel
Sep 3, 2003, 01:32 PM
HEY!!! I got a junky car....but it's mine so...you know. AND! it was free, beat that.

BUt since we're on the topic of cars...you know one of my biggest pet peves has to be the little 16 year old girl that just got her lisence and daddy gets her a shiny new eclipse, accord, civic, etc.

Makes me wanna slap the hell outta daddy.

Monomate
Sep 3, 2003, 04:47 PM
actually, that's still only 800 dollars, which is a helluva lot cheaper than most cars, (yeah, i know the cost of fixing it up will be pretty significant, but i betcha it'll still be less than the price of a new car)

Uncle_bob
Sep 3, 2003, 04:50 PM
Dude, you could just steal a car. It's free.

Captain_Bob
Sep 4, 2003, 07:44 PM
On 2003-09-03 11:32, polishedweasel wrote:

BUt since we're on the topic of cars...you know one of my biggest pet peves has to be the little 16 year old girl that just got her lisence and daddy gets her a shiny new eclipse, accord, civic, etc.

Especially when they wreck it then get a new one next week. Stupis preps.