PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: What to do next? Chapter 5- Old and new Friends.

LJ
Sep 4, 2003, 09:09 PM
This is the sequel to "Why do bad things happen to good people?" written by...of course me. If you haven't read that one you might want to to understand. Plz let me know what you think.

--------------------------------
Chapter 1

LJ walked from the Hunter's Guild to his apartment. It had been a tough training day filled with Bartles and El rappies. He arrived and unlocked his door. He threw his keys on the counter and turned on the television. He watched for about an hour before he began to get sleepy. He was watching another commercial for some furniture when he couldn't hold out any longer and dozed off....

"NOOOO!" screamed LJ. Ant was lying on the ground again in a pool of blood. His last words echoed through the area. ' Thank you for being my friend...' All of a sudden the room swirled and truned back into the city. Black Hound and Donoph Baz faced off once again. The fight was the same as it always was. Donoph finished off the android and it used its self destruct mechanism as always. When LJ got up again Donoph was gone. LJ walked along the same path he had so many times and heard the phrase that haunted him for so long... May the great Donoph Baz rest in peace.....

LJ heard an explosion and the words, " LJ! Im here to destroy you!"

Wait a second....that wasnt in my dream before, thought LJ. He opened his eyes to see his door smoldering and a Ramar standing in front of him. He jumped up to his feet and equipped his Angry Fist.

"Damnit! What do you want?" LJ demanded to know.

"I was hired by Black Paper to kill you. Hahahaha and unlike those before me i will triumph!" said the Ramar

"Not that i'm complaining, but why didnt you just kill me while i was sleeping?" asked LJ.

"I have honor despite what you may think. I dont kill those while sleeping or turned around. Now enough questions! Take this!" yelled the Ramar. He whipped out an Inferno Bazooka and shot at LJ. LJ backflipped over the couch kicking and going out the window as he spun. The missle flew over him as he plummeted to the ground, and hit a building behind him destroyin the rows of window directly around it.

LJ grabbed onto a flag pole sticking out the side of his apartment building, swung around it and flipped over to the ground. People began to gather around and wonder what was going on. LJ turned and looked at them and yelled at them to run away. One person looked up at the window LJ jumped out of and saw the Ramar aiming for LJ with a Laser.

"Look out!" yelled the man. The ramar heard him aimed at the man and shot him in the chest killing him. This sent the crowd into chaos. Everyone ran around LJ who stood in the middle of the crowd keeping eye contact with the Ramar. The Ramar jumped out of the window doing the exact same move LJ used to get to the ground and stood in front of him.

At this point the crowd has cleared out. The ramar pulls out a Stag Cutlery and puts away his Inferno Bazooka. LJ looks at him strangely and pulls out his Yamatos. They begin swinging at each other. The ramar begins to swing at opposite downwar angles with the double bladed sword keeping LJ on the defense. The Ramar makes a Powerful swing and knocks LJ off balance. He immediately grabs a Handgun out of his Holster and shoots at LJ's chest from almost point blank range. But LJ jumps over enough so that the bullet doesnt kill him, but it still tore through his left side just under his ribs.

"ARGHHHHHHH!" screamed LJ. The ramar stood over him and prepared to shoot him in the head.

"I'll kill you just like your father died," said the Ramar.

"Who are you?!" yelled LJ. The Ramar chuckled and began to squeeze the trigger. Suddenly, LJ felt the air around him get warmer and a Rafoie explosion knocked the Ramar off his feet.

"Arghh!" screamed the Ramar. He got up and looked at LJ. " My name is Descarado. Remember that name. You'll be hearing it again!" He ran and turned down an alley. LJ used his last remaining strentgh to look around to see where the Rafoie had come from. the last thing he saw a small Fomar running towards him as he blacked out.

-------------------------------
That's all for now. Let me know what you think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LJ on 2003-09-24 08:30 ]</font>

Sagasu
Sep 5, 2003, 06:36 AM
Its good, keep going. I'll be waiting for more chapters!=]

Sunblast
Sep 5, 2003, 05:51 PM
Pretty good start. I liked how LJ taunted the RAmar at the beginning. LOL! Although, I gotta say one bad thing. When the RAmar pulled the handgun on him while they were dueling, you said he leaned back to make sure it didn't kill him (I'm thinking like Neo in The Matrix?), but you said it was a bullet. It is, of course, Photon, not lead. Might I suggest calling it a "coruscanting bolt of light"? It'd sound REALLY cool!

LJ
Sep 5, 2003, 10:25 PM
NO NO NO NO!! I didnt mean it like that. I meant when he saw the gun he jumped over to the right not leaned backwards lol. He jumped to the right but wasnt fast enough to dodge the Photon entirely. But i'll be writing again soon. You know i gotta feel it.

Sunblast
Sep 5, 2003, 10:31 PM
Awww, no Matrix? LOL, ah well. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LJ
Sep 5, 2003, 11:50 PM
Chapter 2

There he was again. Back on that faithful day. His sister on the news dead. His training with his best friend, Ant. The mission with the two traitors of Black Paper. His master's death. It all flashed in front of him. This time though, the dream had a new end. His near brush with death was fresh on his mind. Descarado was his name. A Ramar with the abilities of a hunter and the accuracy of a ranger. He was certainly a powerful opponent. What to do next?

LJ woke up with a searing pain in his side. He looked down and saw it was bandaged up. He looked around to see where he was. He seemed to be in some huge looking room. He moved over to the side of the bed and attempted to get up. When he did a pain roared through his body.

"ARGHHHHH!" screamed LJ. He fell back onto the pillow panting. Suddenly, the small Fomar that had saved LJ came into the room.

"Oh! You're finally awake. I figured you were too strong to let one shot get you down. Hi. My name's Zandor." said Zandor.

"Yeah, thanks for saving my life. My name's LJ," said LJ, " So, by the way, where exactly am I?"

"This is my house."

"But this is like some kind of mansion!" exclaimed LJ, " You look like you're only a kid!"

"HEY! I happen to be 14 years old! I'm not a kid," said Zandor.

"Where are your parents?" asked LJ.

"Oh they're on their boat cruising around the world," said Zandor plainly.

"They left you here all alone? They arent worried about someone breaking into the house, and trying to hurt you?"

"Let's just say i can take care of myself, ok?"

"Touchy, touchy! OK so mind giving me a tour of the house?" asked LJ.

"Well, you look like you can barely get up let alone walk around the house!" said Zandor. LJ again tried to stand up, ignoring the pain. He managed to get on his feet. Zandor looked at him in suprose, but immediately shook it off. "Well then, let's go." said Zandor. Zandor showed him around the third floor, the second floor, the first floor, and ended in the basement where a huge machine was sitting there. "This is my own personal training machine," said Zandor, " I can program more settings on this than the one owned by the Hunter's guild.

"Pretty cool," said LJ. "Let's try it out."

"Dont forget that you're hurt," said Zandor.

"It's only a flesh wound and it feels better already after walking around. Come on. I'll have a battle with you to test out your strength," replied LJ. He stepped into the virtual reality chamber and waited while Zandor set up a normal battle scenario. Zandor stepped into the chamber and said, " Begin."

The machine came to life and immediately transported them into the Spaceship. LJ equipped his Varista, knowing that he would need the extra strength because Zandor had long range force techniques. He cautiously stepped around the corner till he got to a long open hallway. He was suprised to see Zandor standing in the middle of it with his eyes closed. LJ took aim and fired at Zandor. He was suprised to see Zandor stood there and took the bullet head on. Zandor immediately opened his eyes and cast resta. He shot a foie ball at LJ, who jumped to the side dodging it. He landed hard because of his injury which flared up again. Zandor took advantage of this and shot a bolt of zonde at LJ which knocked him straight to the ground. LJ struggled to get up while Zandor slwoyl walked over to him. LJ cast resta. This healed his side injury more and allowed him to stand up quickly and ran to the side. Zandor immediately shot a Gibarta blast at him firing shards of ice at LJ. LJ rolled under them and ran out the door.

"Man, he wasn't playing when he said he could take care of himself," LJ thought to himself. "His only weakness is his speed, from what I've analyzed. I need to use this to my advantage." LJ ran back into the room and saw Zandor facing him, waiting.

"Well, you're pretty good," said LJ, "But I'm no amatuer myself. Ready to go at it again?"

"Whenever you are," replied Zandor. LJ took out his Stag Cutlery. Zandor countered by taking out his Double Saber. LJ ran at him, and attempted to suprise him by shooting a foie blast at him. Zandor quickly countered by shooting rabarta out and instead of making it go outwards he brought it up around him. The foie shattered the sheild which suprised LJ allowing Zandor to get some good swings in on LJ. LJ barely blocked the swings and backflipped over a low sweep to his legs. LJ backed off while Zandor stepped into a ready position and again closed his eyes. But this time something was different about Zandor. LJ sensed some heat begin to swirl around his body. It suddenly dawned on him what was going on. He saw the Gifoie come swirling out of Zandor's body. He immediately began twirling his Stag Cutlery and blew the fire blast away from him. He used the opening to jump in and do a twirling attack on Zandor. Zandor blocked the first of the strikes but being weaker and less experienced than LJ with a blade, he was quickly overwhelmed. The blades knocked his away and LJ switched to his Angry Fist and threw 5 quick punches at Zandor. Three in his gut, one at his head and the final one to his chest. Zandor staggered back hurt badly and cast grants on LJ. LJ was thrown back into the wall where he slumped down. Zandor began to cast resta when a Varista shot hit him in the head killing him. LJ stood up, with his Varista still pointed at Zandor's body.

The world disappeared around them. Xandor stood up and they stepped out of the chamber. "Wow! That was a good match. You almost had me, Zandor. You are good." said LJ.

"Thanks but I guess I'm not good enough this time. But next time watch out." said Zandor. " I guess we had better get some rest."

"Well let me tell you what's going on in my life right now before you get too attached." said LJ. LJ told Zandor his life's story. Zandor listened patiently and said, "Dont worry. I'll help you in your mission. I'm not worried about Black Paper," Zandor said boldly.

"Thanks, but i dont want to put you in danger," began LJ, but Zandor cut him off.

"I wont accept no for an answer. I will help you." said Zandor. " Now let's get some rest so we can get some answers tomorrow." LJ wnet back to the room he had slept in previously and Zandor went to his own room.

They got up early the next morning and went into the Hunter's guild. They went to see if there were any quests open. As they scanned, one caught LJ's eye.

"Hey! Stop! Let's do that one," LJ said pointing at the quest called 'Waterfall Tears'. "Missing Hunter? Sounds like Black Paper to me." They signed up for it and were told a Hunewearl had already signed up as well and had left 15 minutes earlier. They stepped into the Teleporter and pressed start. As the teleporter began, LJ noticed a strange girl looking at him with bright eyes. He started to say tosay someting but by then, they were gone.

----------------------------------
Sorry it's a lil long, just couldnt stop writing.

Kadavreski
Sep 6, 2003, 08:45 AM
this is great keep going!

Sunblast
Sep 6, 2003, 08:14 PM
Dude, that fight scene was awesome! Keep it up!

Sagasu
Sep 6, 2003, 10:58 PM
I get the feeling you like to fight alot, not like u have much of a choice =]

But great so far! you could've broken the really big part when they where fighting into more paragraphs, but its continuing good! A LOT faster than mine is, I seem to take the long way about getting to something...

mr_rubbish
Sep 7, 2003, 05:30 PM
Mmmm quite good.
How necessary is it to read the previous story? Will you be referring to events in it?

LJ
Sep 7, 2003, 07:31 PM
On 2003-09-07 15:30, mr_rubbish wrote:
Mmmm quite good.
How necessary is it to read the previous story? Will you be referring to events in it?

It isnt necessary but there will be references and it will explain a lot of things in this story. Chars from the other story are in this as well.

LJ
Sep 10, 2003, 07:59 PM
------------------------
Chapter 3

LJ and Zandor stepped out into the caves. They walked into the first room with LJ's Yamato's drawn, and Zandor's Double saber drawn. LJ looked around when no monsters popped up and noticed shark blood on the ground.

"That Hunewearl, what's her name, must have already moved on," said LJ.

"The mission log said her name was Sonren," said Zandor. "We should probaly hurrya and catch up with her so we can actually do some work on this quest."

Zandor equipped his Angry Fist so he could run without carrying a weapon and Zandor de-equipped his weapon so he could run and cast faster if he needed to. But even without a weapon Zandor lagged behind. Lj turned to him and said in a concerned voice, " Am i going too fast for you?"

Zandor ran up huffing and puffing and replied, " Nah it's ok i got it covered. I've been perfecting some new techniques." Zandor began to glow as if he was casting shifta but instead of the usual red glow one would have, he had a orangish tint. He suddenly began to float in the air. LJ stared in awe.

"How did you do that?!" asked LJ.

"One day i was reading at the force academy in the Advanced spell section, and as i was reading about spell frequencies i noticed that some spells had a similiar frequency. So i tested it out combined them and all of a sudden I was floating in the air. Weird huh? The bad part is i can only do it for a lil while and it eats my magic strength away quickly. So let's go before it wears off," said Zandor.LJ and Zandor started back off. LJ noticed a sizeable increase in Zandor's speed. Although still slower than him he was able to keep up much better.

After a couple of minutes Zandor and LJ heard a girl yelling and the sound of a Photon blade goin into a monster. THey ran into the room and saw a Hunewearl surrounded by Evil, Pal, and Guil Sharks. LJ ran up and killed 2 with his angry fist. Zandor shot a foie ball at one which killed it instantly. He cast Gizonde which circled through all the Guil Sharks which immediately went into shock and fell over dead. The Hunewearl cleaned the last 3 up with some elegant moves. It was as if she knew exactly how the monster would attack and had countered before it had even made the move. She punched her photon claw into a Pal sharks stomach twisted her arm and brought it straight up tearing right through its head. She stood in a ready position as if more were coming. One Evil shark that had managed to escape the slaughter lumbered up behind her and raised its arm. LJ ran up and grabbed its arm from behind put his feet on its back and shifted his weight backward throwing it into a wall, where it went headfirst and died.

The hunewearl looked behind her and saw LJ and Zandor. "Thanks!" she said, "I'm really glad you showed up when you did or I would have been in deep trouble. Hi, my name's Sonren."

"So you're Sonren," said Zandor, " Hi I'm Zandor and..." He glanced at LJ who seemed to be staring at Sonren's beauty and nudged him saying " and this is LJ." Sonren stuck out her hand and shook LJ's and Zandor's hands.

"DId you two join the Waterfall Tears quest too?" asked Sonren.

"Yea we did. It's kinda a personal thing for LJ, right LJ?" asked Zandor who again nudged LJ.

LJ finally snapped out of his trance and said, "Yeah, but it's a long story so dont ask." Sonren nodded and suggested that they continue. They continued on and fought some powerful creatures but between the three of them, they easily defeated them. They arrived in Caves 2 and arrived in the Waterfall room.

Sonren noticed another Hunewearl in the middle of the room. She yelled, "Hey!" to her. The Hunewearl ran up and began to attakc Sonren. "What are you doing?!" yelled Sonren.

The Hunewearl replied, "I'm going to kill you and your friends then I'll give your things to Black Paper!"

At that LJ began to step in but Sonren yelled for them to stay back. Sonren held her Photon Claw in a ready position as she and the Hunewearl, with Edges equipped, circled each other. The Hunewearl ran and made the first move trying to hit Sonren. But Sonren was much too experienced. She sidestepped and instead of killing her elbowed her in the neck knocking her unconscious. After a close examination of the girl Sonren said, "This is the missing Hunter! She is the twin sister of our client! She must've been corrupted by Black Paper. Let's take her back."

Zandor stepped forward and said, "I can take care of that." He began to chat a spell. A Telepipe appeared. They stepped into it and Zandor focused on Pioneer 2. They were immediately transported to Pioneer 2. They all walked up to the Hunter's Guild. They waited for their client to show up. When she finally did, LJ and Zandor gasped at how identical the twins were. The one they had fought in the caves had woken up and admitted that she had been working for a Purple Hucast that had called itself Black Hound and said it worked for Black Paper. She said her name was Anna. Her sister,Lj's client, was named Kroe. They left and paid each Zandor, LJ , and Sonren 1,800 meseta.

The group walked outside the Hunter's Guild. Sonren looked at the group and said, "So, what do you guys want to do now?"

Zandor said, "I dont know about you guys but im tired. I'm hittin the sack. You coming LJ?"

LJ said, "Nah, I'm not tired. I'll do somethin with you, Sonren." Sonren smiled at him. Zandor handed LJ the spare key and walked on his way home. Sonren turned to LJ and said, "Let's go!"

They walked over to the nearest club. As they walked in the blaring music greeted them. "Man i love clubs, How about you?"

Lj said, "This is actually my first time in a club." Sonren looked at LJ in a shocked way and shrugged. "Well, There's a first time for everything." They grabbed a table and talked about their lives. LJ told her his life story, starting about when his parents were killed and ending with the death of his mento Donoph Baz.

Sonren looked at him in a pitying sort of way. Sonren said," Wow. That's amazing. Well here's my story. My dad abandoned my mom when he found out she was pregnant. She died giving birth to me. I was sent to an orphange. I grew up and wanted to become a hunter. So i trained my body and took the Hunter's examination. I passed and i became a hunter. I found a Photon Claw on my doorstep. It was wrapped up and addressed to me with a letter. It said that this was my Mother's and She would be proud of me. I dont know who sent it to me. So that's basically it."

LJ said, "Wow. We have a lot in common."

Sonren smiled and said, "Yeah we do." They looked at each other and leaned over the table and kissed. When they broke apart Sonren smiled and said, :C'mon let's dance." She pulled LJ onto the dance floor. She began to dance but a Humar of about 20 put his hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, babe. Remember me?" said the Humar.

"Not you again. When will you let this go? I dont want anything to do with you anymore. Damnit go away." Sonren said through gritted teeth.

"Oh so i'm not good enough huh?" growled the Humar, "But this punk is? I dont think so." He stepped up to LJ and shoved him. LJ stood his ground. 3 of the Humar's buddies showed up out of the crowd. All 4 began to walk towards LJ.

LJ looked around, and shook his head.
--------------------------------------------

Sorry it's a lil long. Soryy too for leaving ya like this but that's enough for this chapter lol.

Sagasu
Sep 10, 2003, 08:55 PM
KICK THEIR ASS LJ!!!! DONT LET THOSE FAGS PUSH YOU AROUNG AND TALK TO YOUR GIRL LIKE THAT!!! GO WIPE THE MO--- sorry, got caught up there, I hope he murders those scum, there just jealous..

is it just me but so these two sound alike?

Sonren
Sirien

... nevermind...

M_BlackHawk
Sep 11, 2003, 07:47 AM
This is becoming quite the interesting story, LJ. I don't see much room for improvement, at this juncture, but I'll keep reading, and if I see somewhere that I feel needs a tip or 2. I'll feel free to assist. ok?

later

M_BlackHawk

mr_rubbish
Sep 11, 2003, 12:17 PM
You don't suppose that LJ may get...lucky? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_kisses.gif

Sagasu
Sep 11, 2003, 06:45 PM
Mr Rubbish, you better stop before I get out the eggs!

She was simply trying to compliment him on his writing skills and offer assistance if nessesary. I agree, this is starting to bloom into a reltively deep, but not to deep, plot. Besides, LJ is a cool char...
I seem to have a problem with going overboard with my stuff, and it tends to be not of much interest to the public

*Sighs*

LJ
Sep 11, 2003, 06:50 PM
Thanks M Blackhawk. And no Mr. Rubbish Sonren isnt like that. At least i think/hope that's who you're talking about.....anywayz you're right Sarunakai. Im not a deep person so how can i write a super deep story???*jeapordy song* I cant that's it. But i do the best i can:-D

Thanks for posting everyone. Im getting many more responses since last time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif:-D:-D:-D

Sunblast
Sep 12, 2003, 05:19 AM
Great Story, LJ! Keep it up! I can't wait for the next chapter!

Sagasu
Sep 12, 2003, 06:40 AM
On 2003-09-11 16:50, LJ wrote:
Thanks M Blackhawk. And no Mr. Rubbish Sonren isnt like that. At least i think/hope that's who you're talking about.....anywayz you're right Sarunakai. Im not a deep person so how can i write a super deep story???*jeapordy song* I cant that's it. But i do the best i can:-D

Thanks for posting everyone. Im getting many more responses since last time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif:-D:-D:-D

Thats cuz I'm here for ya, and most of us know what its like to be writing a story and to get no feedback *shivers*

mr_rubbish
Sep 12, 2003, 12:18 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif i hope i didn't offend you with my remark... I was just wondering if LJ was a ladies man.
and don't worry about whether your story is deep or not. Its your universe that you are writing about, you are telling US what happened like a transdimentional news reporter.

On 2003-09-11 16:50, LJ wrote:

LJ
Sep 12, 2003, 05:51 PM
Chapter 4

After walking Sonren home and kissing her goodnight, LJ arrived back at Zandor's house. He used the key and went inside. He climbed the stairs up to his room. He plopped on the bed, put on his night clothes and turned onto the news.

"Man that guy really does have a heart of gold, donating one million meseta to an orphanage."

"I know what you mean Trekan. In other news tonight which happens to be one of our strangest stories tonight. Four thugs are in critical condition at the hospital with one of them actually losing a limb after being beaten by one hunter. This video was obtained from a local club..."

The video showed the first thug being thrown into a wall. Another thug which had pulled a gladius had had his arm broken and twisted to the point where the gladius disarmed him, literally. Another had ran up and tried to kick LJ only to be thrown through a window. That final thug, the leader, was kneed in the gut. He fell on his knees and looked up with his eyes watering from the pain. LJ then uppercut him onto the table where Sonren and LJ had previously been sitting. It then showed LJ and Sonren walking out of the club.

"Wow. That is one pissed off Humar. Reports say the government is looking for this man. If you have any information concerning him then..." Trekan droned on.

LJ turned off the tv. 'So the government wants something with me now. Just great. Those thugs ruined an otherwise perfect night.' LJ thought. 'I'll see what the government wanst tomorrow, I'm too tired tonight.' He then went into a restless sleep which again had the dream that tortured him.

LJ woke up in a cold sweat. He glanced at the clock and saw it was 0700 hours. He got up put on his hunter's suit, got his weapons and went downstairs. He was suprised to see Zandor up eating rappy eggs and pancakes. Zandor was watching the report that had come on the night before about LJ. He looked up at LJ and said, "Interesting day and night yesterday eh?"

LJ grinned at him and said, "Yeah i guess so. I'm going to go see what the government wants with me. You coming?"

Zandor quickly replied, "Do you even have to ask? Your breakfast is already in the stove if you wanna eat first." LJ walked over and grabbed his plate. He quickly wolfed down the food and Zandor and he left the house.

As they were walking, LJ said, "Hey, let me get Sonren real quick." He ran off to go to her apartment, while Zandor waited by the warp to the Principal's office. Sonren and LJ arrived about 15 minutes later. Sonren looked at Zandor and cheerily said, "Good morning Zandor."

"Sorry we took so long," said LJ, "but we're here now so let's go." They stepped into the warp and arrived in the principal's secretary's office. "Are you here to see the Principal?" she asked.

"Yes we are," replied LJ.

"Do you have an appointment?"

"Well no, but I think he'll see me."

"I'm sorry we can't make any exceptions to the rule: No visits without an appointment."

"Well tell him LJ's here and we'll see what he has to say." The secretary gave off a little gasp, and immediately relayed LJ's message to the Principal. The Principal replied quickly with, "Send him in."

LJ, Zandor, and Sonren stepped into the office. They saw the principal staring out into space. He began to speak without turning around. "Well, LJ and company, I must admit that I didn't expect you to come of your own free will. I was soon going to have to send the Pioneer 2 guards after you."

"Sir, why are you after me. If this is about the club last night, I was only protecting myself and...." LJ began before the Principal cut him off.

"No I don't really give a damn about those thugs. If you ask me, they got what they deserved. Anyway down to business. I have a quest in the ruins for you. But it is too strong for the average Hunter so I am sending the elite of the Hunters to take care of it. So that means you have to prove yourself. We have a Private VR Chamber to test the Hunter's strength. So do you wish to try out?"

LJ looked at Sonren and Zandor. They both nodded. LJ glanced back at the Principal and said, "Sure. Let's go for it." The Principal walked over to his desk and pressed a button under it. A door opened in the wall. He looked at them. He stepped through the door. LJ and the group followed suit and stepped through as well. The door closed behind Sonren, the last one in.

The Principal looked at them and said, "This will test your endurance against monsters of Ragol. Who'll go first?"

LJ stepped up. "I will. I could use a challenge." He stepped into the transporter and felt the familiar rush of being transported. He arrived in the forest of Ragol. 'It's late evening so the stronger monsters would be out at this point,' he thought. He equipped his Yamatos. He stepped into the first room. 3 Boomas popped out of the ground. He quickly dispatched them. A lone Bartle popped out of the ground towering over him. He jumped into the air and slashed downward onto its hard shell. The blow knocked it backward, but it quickly caught itself. It roared and lumbered towards LJ. LJ cast a foie ball at it, burning and opening in its shell. He then stabbed his sword through it. The Bartle roared and fell over dead. LJ pulled his sword out of its body. Suddenly, a huge group of monsters popped out of the ground. Their was one of almost every creature in the Forest. A Bartle, Barble, Tollaw, Gulgus, Gulgus Gue, Hidelt, and an El Rappy all began to lumber towards him. The Gulgus reached LJ first and pounced on him knocking him down. The Gulgus Gue then tried to bite LJ's head off. LJ equipped his Angry Fist and grabbed the Gulgus and kicked him off of him into the Gulgus Gue. He then jumped up. He fired a Foie ball out of each hand and hit them both square in the head killing them.

The Barble and Bartle walked up behind him and both struck him at the same time almost killing him. He stood up and cast Resta. He then cast Jellen and Zalure on the remaining creatures. He faced the Bartle and Barble. The Tollaw walked up behind him. He cast Gifoie to swirl around him to create a little barrier that would stun them for a second. All of a sudden a Gizonde blast came from the Hidelt knocking him backward into the Tollaw. The Tollaw raised it's arm to strike him. He flipped backwards over it and shot a blast of Gibarta at it freezing it. The Hidelt shot another blast of Gizonde, at LJ who rolled to the side. The blast struck the frozen Tollaw shattering the ice and breaking the tollaw into multiple pieces.

LJ equipped his Stag and ran up and used its special on the Hidelt which when the blade strikes injects a poison into the enemy which confuses it, to the point where it thinks enemies are friends, and friends are enemies. He succeeded in confusing it. It began to pummel the bartle and barble. It ripped them to shreds in a matter of seconds.

While the Hidelt was on its confused rampage, LJ killed the El Rappy. By the time the Hidelt snapped to its senses LJ had already rammed his yamato into its stomach, and back-flipped straight into the air bringing his Yamato up through the Hidelt's head. He landed hard on the ground and collapsed. He couldn't even gather the strength to cast Resta. Luckily for him, that was the last of the test. The room dissolved around him and suddenly he was back in the Private VR room.

"Damn! That test was hard! But I passed though right?" LJ asked.

"With flying colors actually. Most people don't get past the Gulgus, and Gulgus Gue. So who's going next?" the Principal asked. Zandor went next and barely passed his test. Sonren went as well and also barely passed. The Principal looked at the tired group and said, "Great Job! You all did fantastic. I'll let you rest tonight, and get you the quest tomorrow via BEE system. See you tomorrow."

The tired group walked to the point where Sonren would go left to go to her house, and Zandor would go right to get to his. LJ looked at Zandor and said, "I'll be home soon. I'm just going to walk Sonren home." Zandor shrugged. He walked off to the right. Sonren walked silently along next to LJ holding his hand. They arrived at Sonren's house.

Sonren looked at LJ and said, "Wanna come in?"
------------------------------------------------

Lol what a way to end a chapter I know I know.

Sagasu
Sep 12, 2003, 06:16 PM
Ummm.... I'm starting to think Mr. Rubbish was right.... *SMACK* Nevermind... That chapter moved by pretty fast, what , it over, NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!....

M_BlackHawk
Sep 12, 2003, 07:18 PM
Ok...ok..the only thing I can say is QUIT LEAVING US IN SUSPENSE FOR SO LONG!!!!

Fun chapter and I can't wait for the next one.

later

M_BlackHawk

Sunblast
Sep 15, 2003, 05:09 AM
Wow, man, great chapter! Suspenseful ending, though. So cruel...

Sagasu
Sep 15, 2003, 06:35 AM
Dont make me get out 1-27, that way we might all die

JUST GET THE NEXT CHAPTER UP!!!

Kadavreski
Sep 15, 2003, 03:20 PM
On 2003-09-15 03:09, Sunblast wrote:
Wow, man, great chapter! Suspenseful ending, though. So cruel...

i agreee....COMME ON LJ!!!

mr_rubbish
Sep 15, 2003, 03:30 PM
most intriguing...

LJ
Sep 16, 2003, 10:03 PM
Sorry I havent posted in so long but im kinda busy. The next chapter will be up friday hopefully. Until then lata

LJ
Sep 24, 2003, 10:11 AM
Sorry guys for making you wait so long. Well here it is.

-------------------------------------------
Chapter 5

Zandor paced back and forth. LJ hadnt shown up all night. 'Where could he be?' Zandor thought to himself. 'If he got the message via Bee he should be here now. I hope Black Paper didnt get to him.'

Zandor recalled what had happened when he woke up. He had walked around the house looking for LJ. He had just sat down to watch tv when his communicator beeped informing him that he had a message. The message had been from the Principal and had informed the group to meet him at the Hunter's Guild. Zandor had gotten ready and hurried here as fast as he could. But he still hadnt seen a glimpse of LJ. Come to think of it where was Sonren?

All of a sudden it dawned on him. 'LJ mustve stayed at Sonren's house! That has to be it,' Zandor thought. He was turning to walk to Sonren's house when the Principal walked up.

"Hello Zandor," the Principal said cheerfully. "Where is the rest of your merry group?"

"I was about to go get them now," replied Zandor.

"No need to i see. Here they come now," Siad the Principal.

He turned around and saw LJ and Sonren walking up holding hands. 'They look happy about something,' thought Zandor, 'I'll have to ask them about that later.'

The Principal led them into a back room of the Guild. " OK here's the deal. I have a mission for you. I need you to go into the ruins. I have sent three different teams down there and none of them have returned. I need you to go and bring back any survivors."

"OK we can do that," said LJ. "Let's go." They were turning to walk to the trasnporter when the Principal stopped them. "Wait. I'm sending one of my best men...er...women with you. Her names Styla. You should see her in the first room of the ruins. She left about 5 minutes ago."

"Sure. We're on our way now." said Sonren. They walked to the transporter and felt the familiar sensation of being transported to the ruins. They arrived and smelled the familiar scent of the ruins.

"Man i hate that smell," said Zandor.

"Yea me too so let's do what we came to do and get the hell outta here." said Sonren. They walked into the first room. There was Dimenian blood on the ground all around. 'Man this Styla girl must be good if she did this all by herself," thought Zandor. They heard a scream in the next room. They rushed through the door.

A Ramarl was backed against a wall holding her left arm. She had a Varista in the other arm and was frantically shooting the wall of monsters that were closing in around her. LJ took out his Stag and Zandor, his double Saber. Sonren chose her Photon Claw. "Charge!" yelled LJ. They ran to the aid of the Ramarl. LJ slashed through 5 of the creatures with little resistance. Zandor cast foie after foie and used his double sabers special function to draw energy from the creatures to replenish his own. Sonren jumped on top of a Dimenian and brought her claw straight through its body. She then cast Shifta which sent an adrenaline rush through the group and the Ramarl followed her lead and cast Deband which slowed the air around the group so when the enemies attempted to slash at them it slowed the blow causing less harm than if it had come at full speed. The Ramarl pulled out a guilty light. Sonren switched to her railgun. Zandor pulled out his Raygun. LJ pulled out an inferno bazooka. They all stood back to back.

"Fire!" yelled the Ramarl. The four opened fire. every monster every thing that popped out of the ground everything that even moved was shot down mercilessly. And then all was still. The Ramarl looked around at the carnage and turned to the others. "Hi i'm Styla, your partner i presume?"

"Yea I'm LJ. Nice to meet you." said LJ

"I'm Sonren."

"And I'm Zandor. The pleasure is all mine." The groupo began to walk forward. As they neared the door a Del-D popped out of the ground. It roared.

"I'll handle this," said LJ. He ran forward twirling his Stag.

"Look out!" yelled Sonren pointing at the Delsaber dropping from the ceiling followed by a group of Dark Gunners. LJ didnt have enough time to react and was knocked backward. The Delsaber ran up to finish him when Zandor jumped in front of LJ with a gibarta sheild up. The Delsaber did his three hit combo on the sheil and broke it only to be frozen by a rabarta blast. It could only look on in horror as Sonren Jumped and brought her claw down on its head.

Styla, while all this was going on was taking down the Dark Gunners. She had frozen two to the ground and killed off 3 more. Only four not including the frozen one's remained. She began to aim at the red one when the Del-D that had been forgotten about came up behind her. He raised his arm to strike when LJ jumped and grabbed Styla pulling her out of the way. The Del-D turned to move but fell over dead when he was shot up by all of the Dark gunner's beams.

"Thanks, LJ," Styla said trying to regain her breath. The group polished up the rest of the Gunners and moved on. The battles seemed to get easier as they moved on. Finally they Arrived in the 3rd level of Ruins. They walked into the first room expecting a huge battle. When they got there, there was nothing. They walked into the next room. SAme thing.

"OK what's going on here?" said LJ frustratedly.

"I dunno. This is weird." said Styla. They continued on.

As they were walking Zandor slipped up to LJ. "So, what went on between you and Sonren last night, huh?"

LJ said, "It's not what you think. I went in we talked i didnt feel like walking home so i crashed on her couch. and She went to her own bed."

"Oh," said Zandor.

All of a sudden they walked in on a horrifying scene. A well known hunter named Ash was lying on the ground in front of the Black Hound. Sonren and Styla gasped. LJ took action. He equipped his Angry Fist and jump tackled the robot before it could send the killing blow to Ash. LJ pummeled the machine into nothingness. Even though he knew there wer a thousand more,(Explained in the first Story) each time he destroyed one it felt like he got a piece of revenge against the organization that destroyed his family. Sonren and Styla helped up the shaken Ash and Zandor picked up the Soul eater left behind by the Black Hound. He threw it into the air and cast rafoie on it destroying it. They were about to telepipe up when a delsaber appeared. It jumped and was about to strike the unseeing groupd when a Laser blast struck it in the head in midair. Everyone turned around. A lone Ramar stood at the door.

LJ gasped in shock. "ANT?!!!" he yelled.

------------------------------------------
Well there you have it. The next chapter is up. IF you dont understand the ending it is recommended you read the first story. Tell me how you guys liked this chapter.

Sagasu
Sep 24, 2003, 03:27 PM
Yay, took a while though. Good chapter LJ, I think I remember Ant, or was that the one I stepped on tuesday?

Sunblast
Sep 25, 2003, 05:01 AM
On 2003-09-24 13:27, Sarunakai wrote:
Yay, took a while though. Good chapter LJ, I think I remember Ant, or was that the one I stepped on tuesday?

Definately the second one. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Good chapter, LJ. Keep it up, dude!