PDA

View Full Version : What Are Your Problems?

Sephirothief
Feb 18, 2001, 06:03 PM
I really dont understand you people..It seems that just because someone is on level100 that automaticaly makes them a cheater. Someone recently posted a topic in which he described his encounted with a "cheater" just because said cheated was on level100. I admit that a lot of people who are on level100 are cheaters, but there are a good few that worked long and hard to get to the level they are on today(like me.) And even if they do use a gameshark, or the like, what busniess is it of you?? If they want to use it, let them. Is it in anyway harming you?? And please, don't try and tell me none of you have ever used a gameshark in a videogame before, because SOMEONE has to be keeping Gameshark in buisness.

Ratsmack
Feb 18, 2001, 08:46 PM
Tee hee. And here I was thinking I had ran out of cheaters to bash! First off, the first thing you said was a good point, but when you see a lvl 100 having trouble with a rag rappy on normal, you start to wonder. Second, there have been THOUSANDS of reasons why cheating hurts other gamers, first of which is the low value of meseta now. A person can have millions within a few seconds if they cheat. And, guess what, I NEVER used Gameshark OR Gamegenie or any other of that crap. You want to know who keeps them in business? The cheaters. Just because a lot of the people here are honorable doesn't mean that the majority of the gamer population is honorable. Take you for example. Flaunting the fact that you're a thief? Gee. Clever. So much for wondering how you got to lvl 100...

Arcadean
Feb 18, 2001, 08:49 PM
I couldn't have said it any better!

Gilder
Feb 18, 2001, 09:57 PM
I have a problem with cheaters... they cheat. If everyone cheated, the game would be boring, and no one would be playing. Thankfully, there are very few cheaters, and those who do cheat make themselves look like morons by getting killed multiple times in the Forest on Normal. I've seen it happen.

Spy
Feb 19, 2001, 04:34 AM
I beileve that you are refering to a post I made SephiroTHEIF, and let me expalin something to you. A person that levels themselves to 100 without cheating would know things, like how to handle pussy aliens like rappies, or where you "find" a double-saber at.

Pneophen
Feb 19, 2001, 09:13 AM
i dont care if a person cheats as long as that person doesnt suck when they are the same team as me.

Ambrai
Feb 19, 2001, 01:46 PM
I could care less if you hack your char to pieces, just DO NOT corrupt the economy of PSO. Do not dupe items into circulation, do not make money, do not do anything to drive the value of items down to handouts!!

theunsurpassed
Mar 18, 2001, 04:16 AM
Sephirothief, i just wanna say that u suck ass!!!!!!!!! U r a thief, hell, u admitted it in a post earlier. U said,"A lot of people are talking about how they got robbed by someone named 'sephiroth'. Well. there are hundreds of 'sephiroth's' out there. But, the real thief is me!!!" U suck

StorMRideR
Mar 18, 2001, 04:40 AM
Sephirothief u really r a dumb @$$. what do u mean cheaters wit gamesharks dont harm people. they harm allmost all legit players who r trying to play this game.and cheating becomes my buisness when a cheater PK me and steals my weapon/money or they try to intentionally BSOD me.

PS. i never used any cheat device ever before cause paying money to buy something to cheat in a game is wat a loser who cant even beat a game is wat a loser would do.

Arliman
Mar 18, 2001, 06:46 AM
Amen to that one. Honestly, cheaters don't hurt anybody!!???? How blind can you be? The point of the game is in "earning" your level's, persevering in hopes of finding that next rare item, achieving that next level or Mag evolution. PSO is about community, helping your teammates, not distorting the experience and ultimately debasing what we all strive to acheive.

killerb255
Mar 22, 2001, 04:22 PM
Well...I'll say this:

I have a friend who cheats in other games. These are his claims:

1) Many modern games are too hard.
2) I never cheat against others...just AI
3) I value the challenges of reality.

Well...he's my friend and all, but this is all BS. If he valued the challenges of reality, then he would value the challenges of games as well. Although the realm of the game is fantasy, the action of manipulating buttons on your controller is all reality: you are affecting the data of the game.

As far as NaVeR (is that right?) goes, I'll say this: as long as his cheating doesn't affect others in any way, I don't condone it. I don't like it, but I won't condone it. His cheating doesn't directly hurt anyone unlike Master's. His cheating does indirectly hurt others, though: it makes others feel that they wasted their time earning their rewards. No one wants to feel like they threw their life away...and cheaters are notorious for making others (unknowingly) feel this way.

Symptoms of a cheater:

- Massive circumvention around set methods. Anywhere from making simple excuses to teachers for not doing homework to purchasing massive numbers of lottery tickets to throwing themselves in front of a moving car to sue someone to get rich.

- The belief in "whatever it takes, regardless of who's in your way."

- Insecurity and pessimism (Ex: "I will flunk this test." or "I will die fighting Dark Falz.")

- Lack of self-confidence (Ex: "It's just not fair!!")

- Feeling sorry for oneself, whether in public or in private.

- The mentality of always being the last to do everything.

- The physicality of always being the last to do everything.

- The desire to be better than everyone else, regardless of what it takes.

- One who "tells fortunes" or "plays God": basically thinking that something will happen given only a little bit of a clue to make massive assumptions upon.

- One who's always in denial: denies that problems with oneself even exists.

In other words, this all ties down to "low self-esteem." Every cheater I've encountered thus far, including my friend I mentioned above, has expressed at least one symptom of low self-esteem.

HAND.

Ratsmack
Mar 22, 2001, 08:23 PM
What does it mean if you have 8 out of 9 of those? Heh heh...just kidding...more like 7 out of 9. Seriously, though, I dislike (not using hate, go me) faux-psychoanalysts about as much as I dislike cheaters. Truly, I do have quite a few of those, and I NEVER cheat. Cheaters are too stupid to think enough to have those characteristics. I condone (and participate) in almost every kind of cheater-bashing, but people acting like they know what they're talking about piss me off. There ARE NO set characteristics for cheaters, there's probably a bunch of popular, beautiful athletic cheaters, though I doubt it. If you're not a cheater, you don't know what goes through their mind...so...hush.

killerb255
Mar 22, 2001, 08:29 PM
Actually, I was a cheater at one time in my life, so I should at least know somewhat how they think...

...besides, I also varified a lot of this with a friend of mine who does cheat and even confirmed it.

I didn't say these were set characteristics...just perhaps a few hints to perhaps find out why they cheat.

I like psychology, but I'm not pretending to be anything. I just said that out of past experience.

Infernal
Mar 23, 2001, 02:30 AM
you all have said a mouth full..but i think its too little too late...i real do... i mean for christ sakes i could go out there and trade 20 points worth of grinders, and a megids lv 13 for all this... s-beats blades p-arm blades a oroitagito attrbute plate 4 slots and a spread needle with 100% to all attrabutes...i mean WTF there are no rare wepons anymore period... what lavis cannon and heavan punishe came out a few weeks ago on the american server and now every fuckin lv 5 ranger nand hunter has 1... "i remember back in the begining when yo where using a ouble saber and people drooled over it"... now PSO is pretty much pointless... thiefs and cheaters have taken possably the best DC game ever and turned it into a pice of garbage... i mean online play just aint fun anymore... ethier im getting froze in the lobby or some moron with a game shark comes in and BSODs everybody... and with the reacent attempts by sega to stop cheaters... i and everyone else have noticed the laggy and sometimes impossable to connect to servers.... sega is doing there best but they will never be abel to stop thievs and as far as game shark... the damage is already done....