PDA

View Full Version : Best Class

Elvesong
Sep 8, 2003, 02:29 PM
I know this has probably been done millions time before by other nOObs but plz don't flame me.

Voodoochild
Sep 8, 2003, 03:02 PM
I like RAmarls the best. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Logical2u
Sep 8, 2003, 03:07 PM
THEY ARE ALL THE SAME, HOW GOOD THEY ARE DEPENDS ON YOUR SKILL WITH THEM.

Thank you.

ginko990
Sep 8, 2003, 03:20 PM
The best?

Personal opinion is what its all about. My opinion is HUnters, especially HUnewearls. You should make at least one of each class.

Zarana
Sep 8, 2003, 03:23 PM
Well, no class clears areas faster than a Ranger. So I guess I'll vote for them. *shrugs*

Still, it's all a matter of opinion. Some people don't value speed, some like to support, all the classes are equally usable.

Kent
Sep 8, 2003, 03:49 PM
As we all know, Sonic Team wouldn't know balance if it was stamped on the inside of their eyelids. There isn't a best class, but there is a worst. In the right hands, Hunters can pummel any enemies quickly, and Forces can blast the hell out of large numbers of enemies at a time (and smash things up a bit, if built properly).

Davion
Sep 8, 2003, 03:49 PM
*votes hunter

Another one of these threads. Oh well.

CGoodness
Sep 8, 2003, 03:54 PM
On 2003-09-08 12:29, Elvesong wrote:
I know this has probably been done millions time before by other nOObs

then whyd u make it?
you can search forums for another one of these threads

ginko990
Sep 8, 2003, 05:01 PM
On 2003-09-08 13:54, CGoodness wrote:

then whyd u make it?

Hey instead of being stupid you could just answer the question for the poster.

-benjamin-
Sep 8, 2003, 05:04 PM
<is the saddest person in the world

i bought a further 2 GC mem cards just so i get all classes and all sec id's (including 3 purplenum lol (2 of which arent mine))

well i did need 1 mem card for super monkey ball 2, my official one is full. and the next week there was a 2nd hand mem card goin cheap, so in total i payed 17 quid for 8 chars lol

the only one i have to anywhere a decent level is my HUcast (redria) i played a HUmar in dc, and i like the cast a lot more.

list of chars and comments (hope it helps):
HUcast (redria) lvl 86 (lol)
sees traps, highest atp, has loads of freeze traps, my best char

RAmar (greenil) lvl 47
another great char, has atk/def up spells, highest ata, uses guns before other rangers, always hits imn hard with meteor smash and inferno bazooka with 40 dex on Rati (mag) and elf arm/elf arm++ a lot of fun =)

FOmar (whitill) lvl 22 (melee)
havnt used much, i like him tho, low hp and def = a challenge, make one when u get used to the game, good mix of spells and melee =)
boost:shifta+deband+zalure+other one =)

HUcaseal (viridia) lvl 8 (lol)
new char, new mem card, cool looking animations, especially daggers, sees traps, has high evp and good power

FOnewm (pinkal) lvl 8
this is my tech based force, the sort of one that doesnt even have a weapon attack in his buttons, powerful with spells even at low level, recovers tp
boost: Gi / Ra techs

(chars that arent mine)

FOnewearl (yellowboze) (sister's char) lvl 30
great char because of all the mind mats my HUcast finds =), at level 30 she has like lvl 18 foie and outdamages (single hit) my lvl 85 HUcast regens tp fast
boost: low level techs / resta

HUnewearl (skyly) (sis' 2nd char) lvl 17
i like this char a lot, mainly melee but totally awesome with techs, i beat multi rol de rol with gizonde lol =) regens tp, has high atp but low hp, great char

(friends chars)
RAcast (purplenum) lvl 44
great mix of distance and melee here, with a good mag is easily uber, can see traps, and take em out at long range, highest hp in game! and highest atp of rangers, even higher than HUcaseal =) BIG footstep sounds tho =

RAmarl (purplenum) lvl 15
much like HUcaseal this char has some real cool animations, she holds her pistol on the side when firing, this is my sis' friends char so i dont know much about the stats, she is the magic user of the RA's and i think she can use both atk/def up AND down, dont know if she excells in pow/def/dex sorry =)

(chars i just made)

RAcaseal (purplenum) lvl 1 (duh!)
great looking char, i think shes the defense side of the rangers, has the ability to see mines and take them out at a distance, a great skill for a ranger

HUmar (oran) lvl 1
i had to make one, very common in dc (and im guessing gc too (getting modem in like a week)) uses both techs and melee, 2nd highest atp in the game, cant use atp up/def up tho, easily doable with a force/hune/ramar/l

FOmarl (bluefell) lvl 1
dont know a lot about her, specializes in healing techs, like resta and anti, but also in megid, as well as FOmar is good in melee, has slightly lower atp, but more ata, will be good with mechs ive heard
boost:resta+anti / megid

hope some of that was helpfull, if other people think its good i can research into all of the chars and make a guide for putting on this site if y'all want

flueggy
Sep 8, 2003, 05:41 PM
whoa i am surbrised how many people like rangers that is strange i thought there were going to be more forces, well i just not only like rangers i like forces and hunters as well

Ranger_Larry
Sep 8, 2003, 05:45 PM
You have to play each char. differently, but if you use them right they all kick butt. I now have HU, RA, and FO on ult. (Humar, Ramar, Fonewm, oh, RAcast too.) I have had RAmars since V1 on DC and am finally getting tired of them. They are good characters but geeze anything gets boring after so long. My humar is the most fun now because he is the lowest.

CGoodness
Sep 8, 2003, 09:06 PM
On 2003-09-08 15:01, ginko990 wrote:

On 2003-09-08 13:54, CGoodness wrote:

then whyd u make it?

hey I voted and all that... I was just saying cuz i remember some people get all mad when people do that I remember Guntz made a now-sticky thread about how to search the forums

im sorry... I picked Force cuz techs are cool

Hey instead of being stupid you could just answer the question for the poster.

ChokingVictim
Sep 9, 2003, 12:35 AM
ooooh a 'best class/character type poll'

that's sooooo original....

oooh a sarcasm detector..

that's sooooo useful...

Balbarei
Sep 10, 2003, 04:54 PM
Hi, im just another HUmar...

tiltnkirby26
Sep 10, 2003, 05:58 PM
And here we go again. Not one class is the best. No one class the is the best. Everyone has his/her own playing style weather its long range or up front. A hunter needs a force and a ranger. A ranger needs a force and hunter. A force needs a ranger and hunter. You know that "help me help you" kind of thing "Can't have one without the other" so on and so on....

MAGusZ87
Sep 10, 2003, 06:04 PM
acually kirby, any character can be soloed by a good player

tiltnkirby26
Sep 10, 2003, 06:13 PM
Yes, thanks for pointing that out but in teams and solo play no one class is the best/better then any other; they have ups and down and some may not be as easy to see as others.

LordOfTrees
Sep 10, 2003, 07:27 PM
rangers have some of the coolest weapons like the Gi-Gue Bazooka. and we dont run out of tp, tho some of the force techs that are lvl 30 are pretty sweet. but overall, rangers are easy to start and easy to continue with and just look kool.

XshinimoriX
Sep 10, 2003, 07:32 PM
well, i like rangers and forces, but i think that forces are a bit harder to start out with at first without outside help, but then again this is Phantasy Star "ONLINE" and not "OFFLINE" but if i had a choice i would say forces if ppl can go online and trade stuff or if u have a force getup when u lvl but otherwise i say that rangers are mad nice...
I HAVE NOTHING MORE TO SAY ABOUT HUNTERS... i think that the humar is a complete waste of time... i have owned ppl in PVP with my friends ranger and i got owned when i used his damn HUmar... i personally dislike them a lot because unless they have an obscenely high def and evp they pretty much get raped up by a lot of monsters in teh later lvls but u all already know that

Reiya
Sep 11, 2003, 03:25 PM
rangers, preferably the racaseal,shes can clear rooms from a long range,ability to see traps,hp regen,and high def so u dont need to heal all the freakin time:)

Sam916
Sep 11, 2003, 03:38 PM
Why does everybody vote for RA's?

Zarana
Sep 11, 2003, 04:07 PM
They're voting for Rangers because no class can kill an area with the same speed. Forces are in second before support is nearly as valuable as speed itself. Hunters are a distant third for obvious reasons. They're not fast and, except for HUnewearl, aren't supportive. They're probably the most enjoyable character to play as, but they're not by any definition the best.

XshinimoriX
Sep 11, 2003, 05:22 PM
HUNTERS SUCK tyvm

Solidus_Snake
Sep 11, 2003, 05:31 PM
I have found myself far mored skilled with long range attack type characters since the day I played Diablo and to me are the most enjoyable. Mage class characters can be fun but require so much damn maintenance(forgot how to spell it). And i find myself in trouble often when using warrior class characters or melee type and find myself dying more often than with a ranger.

FinalHell
Sep 11, 2003, 07:31 PM
*picks force*

Ya know sum day these kinda polls have tah stop all together!!!