PDA

View Full Version : Is SonicTeam USA's fault for not controlling the cheating su

Jkid
Sep 8, 2003, 09:39 PM
Would you think that it's Sega of America's/Sonic Team USA's fault for not conrtoling the cheating suituation that's on for both PSO games (Xbox,and GC) or would you blame ST HQ (The JP headquaters)?

If you don't know or have another reason, post it here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jkid on 2003-09-08 19:39 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jkid on 2003-09-08 19:45 ]</font>

Shattered_weasel
Sep 8, 2003, 10:29 PM
I would blame no one but the people who dupe/cheat

Dbc
Sep 8, 2003, 10:37 PM
It's sega fault period.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 8, 2003, 11:00 PM
On 2003-09-08 20:37, Dbc wrote:
It's sega fault period.

yep we should blame sega because they acctually made this game so that you could remotely play it....O boohoo

_Sinue_
Sep 8, 2003, 11:34 PM
I think it was Sonic Team's fault for not letting Sega of America participate in server maintinence and enforcement of the TOS. Sega of America isn't too bad of a company actually.. it's just that their hands are tied everytime they try to take some initiative. Sega of Japan IS Sega. Sega of America is just a puppet front for distribution and some light arcade development.

Jkid
Sep 9, 2003, 09:15 PM
Bumping this up for people to take a second look.

Bit
Sep 10, 2003, 04:35 PM
On 2003-09-08 21:00, Shattered_weasel wrote:

On 2003-09-08 20:37, Dbc wrote:
It's sega fault period.

yep we should blame sega because they acctually made this game so that you could remotely play it....O boohoo

Sega never made this game. Sonic Team did. Sega Produced it.

I highly hope those posts were sarcasm =x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bit on 2003-09-10 14:36 ]</font>

Reece
Sep 10, 2003, 04:45 PM
It's Sonic Teams fault. Japanese people don't give a fuck about the cheatas so they never complain. If they did ST would fix it right that second. If all of America asked They wouldn't care! ST is racist. And the JP players are stupid for not caring bout dupes

Wewt
Sep 11, 2003, 07:24 AM
On 2003-09-10 14:45, Reece wrote:
It's Sonic Teams fault. Japanese people don't give a fuck about the cheatas so they never complain. If they did ST would fix it right that second. If all of America asked They wouldn't care! ST is racist. And the JP players are stupid for not caring bout dupes

You're either new to PSO, or you simply don't know much about PSO's history concerning cheating. Ever heard of PSO Episode I&II version 1.0 and 1.1? No? Look into it, then you may retract your statement that Japanese people don't give a fuck about cheaters. Better yet, go read the archives in the cheaters forum of PSOW.

Valleo
Sep 11, 2003, 10:29 AM
Honestly, Ive no idea what exactly you want ST to do about the duping. At least on the Dreamcast they made it so that gamesharks were unuseable online (eventually). But people arent using gamesharks anymore, they are exploiting a bug that built in to the game. Short of a recall of every single game to remove that bug, the only thing they can do it ban certain unreleased items. As long as the game is playable offline, there isnt much else they can do.

Inu_Ranma
Sep 11, 2003, 11:42 AM
On 2003-09-10 14:45, Reece wrote:

That is an ironic statement to the point of humor in so many ways.

Anyway, I believe that for cheating, you can blame nobody but the people who are doing it.

KodiaX987
Sep 11, 2003, 11:59 AM
On 2003-09-08 20:29, Shattered_weasel wrote:

Read this twice, suckers. This dude speaks wisdom!!

Zarana
Sep 11, 2003, 04:02 PM
It's Sonic Team's fault. They're the ones who left all these loopholes in the game and, no matter how hard any party may try to rectify it, fixing these things completely is impossible.

It's not the lack of effort in maintaining it, it's the lack of effort in programming it.

Valleo
Sep 11, 2003, 04:17 PM
On 2003-09-11 14:02, Zarana wrote:
It's Sonic Team's fault. They're the ones who left all these loopholes in the game and, no matter how hard any party may try to rectify it, fixing these things completely is impossible.

It's not the lack of effort in maintaining it, it's the lack of effort in programming it.

While I cant speak for the X Box version, theres only one loophole in the GC version thats being exloited for all the duping, multi-equip and what not. Ive had it explained to me and to be honest, I have no idea how people figured it out. I cant see how the first person to figure this out saw the connection. Honestly, I dont know whether or not ST would have been able to see it.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 11, 2003, 07:05 PM
On 2003-09-11 09:59, KodiaX987 wrote:

On 2003-09-08 20:29, Shattered_weasel wrote:

Read this twice, suckers. This dude speaks wisdom!!

we found a live one

Soukosa
Sep 12, 2003, 01:46 AM
How about neither? They're trying to make it as hard to cheat as they can and they can't help it if someone finds a bug that allows to them cheat so much. Anyone that can blame ST for not seeing a bug like that, obviously hasn't ever written any programs that are at least semi-complicated. I have never come close to writting something as complicated as PSO, but I have made some programs that had bugs I wouldn't have even had thought could exist. If you don't like the cheating, then tough cookies. There will always be cheaters and there will always be bugs in games.