PDA

View Full Version : F*ck DBZ post

xHIGHONLIFEx
Sep 9, 2003, 12:01 AM
It was a crap cartoon to start off with, it has stupid stories, retarded characters, crap merchandise... why isn't it off the air yet??? Oh, and those stupid wannabes that spike their hair like the character... all annoying...

ssephiroth_da_hunter
Sep 9, 2003, 12:13 AM
Its not off the damn air yet cause the ppl at cartoon network are stupid. They probably think they are gonna lose rating if they take off DBZ!!! Anything could be better than DBZ, after a while DBZ gets boring cause of all the talking. If someone is talking trash to u, why sit and listen to it; just beat the crap out of them while they r talking.

Inu_Ranma
Sep 9, 2003, 03:09 AM
The fact is that, regardless of quality, DBZ IS popular. Think of it as the Titanic of Anime.

_Sinue_
Sep 9, 2003, 05:17 AM
No.. Titanic actually won quite a few awards and some critical acclaim. Were there an Award show for Anime, I could see DBZ walking away with only two awards. One being, the longest running series which should have ended after the first season.. and the other being the longest fight scene (14 episodes or so).

Dragon Ball Z is more like the McDonalds of Anime. It's a mass market product for people who don't have the time or motivation for anything better.. it fills a niche for the casual consumer. If you want quality or variety, then look somewhere else.

polishedweasel
Sep 9, 2003, 07:43 AM
*powers up*

*rambles on about nothing for 3 hours*

*flashes back to two year previous to this power up*

*Spends 15 more episodes reflecting on how bad the bad guy whooped me*

*goes back to current timeline*

*continues to power up*

*season ends*

*Cartoon network runs out of episodes for another 6 months*

ladies and gentlemen, I've just described DBZ to you...thank you, and goodnight.

Stricker
Sep 9, 2003, 08:35 AM
You are right. But then the problem is not DBZ, is cartoon network.

And yes there are many animes better than DBZ. They are just popular.

Miller
Sep 9, 2003, 10:12 AM
Ahh the classic joke...

How many DBZ chars does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

One but it takes 15 episode to do it!

RoninJoku
Sep 9, 2003, 10:24 AM
On 2003-09-09 05:43, polishedweasel wrote:
*powers up*

*rambles on about nothing for 3 hours*

*flashes back to two year previous to this power up*

*Spends 15 more episodes reflecting on how bad the bad guy whooped me*

*goes back to current timeline*

*continues to power up*

*season ends*

*Cartoon network runs out of episodes for another 6 months*

ladies and gentlemen, I've just described DBZ to you...thank you, and goodnight.

Hey I was gonna post that! BAHAHAHA! Its so true!

Kadavreski
Sep 9, 2003, 03:41 PM
On 2003-09-09 08:12, Miller wrote:
Ahh the classic joke...

How many DBZ chars does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

One but it takes 15 episode to do it!

hhahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhaha i found that funny
miller love the av

Firocket1690
Sep 9, 2003, 03:49 PM
On 2003-09-09 03:17, _Sinue_ wrote:
(14 episodes or so).

*charge*
*charge*
*charge*
*charge*
*charge*
*charge*
*charge*
*charge*
*charge*
*charge*
*unleashes nuclear warhead-like power blast*
Freeza: *brushes self off* "meh ..."
*charge*
*charge*
... etc

xHIGHONLIFEx
Sep 9, 2003, 08:40 PM
was standing outside my Art 101 class today, and some guys (all college guys)were talking about DBZ and some mini series deal with original DB at 6:30 and how its all cool and that it really is a good action anime... How is it good action when all they do is stand around for 10 episodes taunting each other, then fight for 2 minutes, throw a fireball, then stand there "admiring" their oppenents strength?!?! When will this madness end?!?!!

AngelofEnders
Sep 9, 2003, 09:38 PM
Just watch Dragon Ball. I have more to say but then it'll prolly turn into mind-less flaming and blah blah blah so I'll just maintain the peace.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 9, 2003, 09:41 PM
I like dragonball....DBZ/DBGT is somewhat like crap to me....In Dragonball they never really talk about powr levels / power up

xHIGHONLIFEx
Sep 9, 2003, 10:18 PM
Well, actually, Dragon Ball wasn't that bad.... It IS more entertaining than DBZ...

Reenee
Sep 9, 2003, 10:53 PM
Yeah, you gotta admit it: the chibi Goku Dragonball is actually much less offensive to the mind...

ssephiroth_da_hunter
Sep 9, 2003, 11:26 PM
Wuts cool about Dragonball is that everyone was tough. Like Tien for example, he was a total badass, always thinking of himself as a killer. Also Yajorobi acted all tough in the Dragonball series. The only funny thing in Dragonball were the name of the bad guys, like Tambourine (one of King Piccolo's minions). That made me laugh...

Stricker
Sep 10, 2003, 08:58 AM
I like YU YU Hakusho and Samurai X much more. Someone agree?

tiltnkirby26
Sep 10, 2003, 09:20 AM
Finally some other people agree that DBZ sucks. All they do it talk and talk and talk about every little thing.

Goku:Your very strong I'll go to .4567% of my power instead of going to 100% and kill you right away.

Any bad guy:oh yaaa...well I'll go to.4568% of my power level now I'm stronger then you and I will beat you and kill everyone and be king but no one will be alive so I can't become king(flashback to 5 years ago for no reason what so ever)

Goku:I will still fight you because I'm good and goods better then bad.

Any bad guy:o yyaaa well I'll o my super duper move called the (add in any funny sounding words).

Goku: Oh no!!!!!!I got to stop him as he charges up *just sit in the air watching the ball over bad guys head get bigger*

(6 eps. later)

Goku: Whats should I do darn it!!!!!!!!Darn it to heck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any bad guy: I'm almost ready!!!

(20 eps. later)

Goku: mmmmmmmmm what I'm I going to do................

Any bad guy: Hahahahahahaha your time is almost up.

(so on and so on and so on)

I hate that damn show!!!!!!

Rudoku
Sep 10, 2003, 10:39 AM
As a Dragon Ball fan, I have to say this: Maybe, just maybe, if you stop watching the thing, it'll go away. I personally hate the dubbed version, so I don't watch it(and not having cable strengthens that). And besides, why are you watching Toonami to even care about Dragon Ball? For the Justice League? It got stupid long, long ago...

P.S. They are taking it off soon for GT. I pity you all.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rudoku on 2003-09-10 08:40 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Sep 10, 2003, 12:51 PM
DBZ serously needed to be edited for length. There is alot of useless stuff happening in each episode that could be cut down on (eg. powering up and trash talking) and other stuff that should have been focused on more. If somebody sat down and edited it that way, there may be something enjoyable in the show.

Then again, half the people you see going around saying about how much they hate DBZ are just jumping on the bandwagon, like all the Matrix Reloaded haters.

Im not exactly a big fan of DBZ though, i prefered it when UK Cartoon Network shifted Gundam Wing into DBZ usual timeslot.

Stricker
Sep 10, 2003, 01:06 PM
On 2003-09-10 07:20, tiltnkirby26 wrote:
Finally some other people agree that DBZ sucks. All they do it talk and talk and talk about every little thing.

Goku:Your very strong I'll go to .4567% of my power instead of going to 100% and kill you right away.

Any bad guy:oh yaaa...well I'll go to.4568% of my power level now I'm stronger then you and I will beat you and kill everyone and be king but no one will be alive so I can't become king(flashback to 5 years ago for no reason what so ever)

Goku:I will still fight you because I'm good and goods better then bad.

Any bad guy:o yyaaa well I'll o my super duper move called the (add in any funny sounding words).

Goku: Oh no!!!!!!I got to stop him as he charges up *just sit in the air watching the ball over bad guys head get bigger*

(6 eps. later)

Goku: Whats should I do darn it!!!!!!!!Darn it to heck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any bad guy: I'm almost ready!!!

(20 eps. later)

Goku: mmmmmmmmm what I'm I going to do................

Any bad guy: Hahahahahahaha your time is almost up.

(so on and so on and so on)

I hate that damn show!!!!!!

lol

After that the bad guy miss and then goes Gokus turn to charge for the next 10 episodes.

Guile
Sep 11, 2003, 07:40 PM
Thing is the show brings in a lot of children viewers, and some older ones too.
If something is popular they are'nt gonna stop showing it are they.

AngelofEnders
Sep 11, 2003, 08:41 PM
Oh yeah I forgot to say atleast watched the subbed version of some of the DBZ versions. The original dialogue is more entertaining then the crap they show on Toonami anyway.

Mixfortune
Sep 12, 2003, 01:48 AM
DBZ was decent up till about episode...20, was it?
Yeah pretty much was decent until they left for Namek.

After that...ewwww...

Bah, I just play Hyper Dimension instead of watching it
cause it's better than the show itself, haha.

Reenee
Sep 12, 2003, 08:40 AM
On 2003-09-11 18:41, AngelofEnders wrote:
Oh yeah I forgot to say atleast watched the subbed version of some of the DBZ versions. The original dialogue is more entertaining then the crap they show on Toonami anyway.

Does everybody want a laugh? Watch DBZ...

on Telemundo. uber-hardcore...BYAAHHHHHHHHH! *sneeze*

Reece
Sep 12, 2003, 08:57 PM
On 2003-09-09 01:09, Inu_Ranma wrote:
The fact is that, regardless of quality, DBZ IS popular. Think of it as the Titanic of Anime.

Well I hope it hits a damn IceBurg soon

Reenee
Sep 12, 2003, 10:49 PM
On 2003-09-12 18:57, Reece wrote:

On 2003-09-09 01:09, Inu_Ranma wrote:

Well I hope it hits a damn IceBurg soon

Didn't it already? It's taking too damn long for it to capsize.

TheDarkRaven
Sep 13, 2003, 09:32 PM
DBZ is like that one show "All My Children"