PDA

View Full Version : GC: Legits, and the people who have no idea what they are.

Logical2u
Sep 10, 2003, 02:30 PM
Warning! Another long and drawn out rant is approaching!

Ok, so I went onto Antares 8 last night with the Meet User trick, and waited about 30 minutes for an Ultimate game to open. I then decided to create a legit game.

So I do so. And guess what happens. A HUmar comes in with a Asuka (Hurrah not some uber duped over powered thing) and a rati. I figure he's pinkal later.

So we get to about the 3rd room. I rafoie em, then shootem.

Then this HUnewearl joins. Guess what? NO DEMELITION COMET! A TWIN BRAND AND A SAVIRTI! And a CUSTOM BARRIER. Legit... sense... tingling! Lol.

Then this FO joins in with a psycho wand, but he leaves. Then a FO with 2 chaos (a stick and a mag) joins. not great weapons or mags. but certainly not dupes I bet.
Then the HUmar leaves, and so does the HUnewearl later. another FO enters. I think he had a Psycho wand, but it was weak. And then a RA named... well he might be a member here so I won't say his name... comes in with a Guld Milla. I give him abit of a hard time, but then he yanks out a Frozen Shooter, then a Heavens Punisher. Says he traded for them, and therefore their legit. Ya right.
When we get to Mines when the HUnewearl leaves and a HUmar with a Yamato enters. I tell the HU that the RAmar isn't legit.
He starts yelling at me cuz he got them from trades.

I say "Heaven's Punisher IS NOT LEGIT on a level 90 player. And if you cared about stats you wouldn't even have it. Its weaker then the Red Handgun for cryin out loud. And you can't find Guld Milla on your ID."

He calls me a n00b who is jealous (I'm only one level behind him but he does more damage) and leaves.

All I can think about is how he was then one who was the n00b, whatwith walking in with 99% duped weapons and all, and the game being called LEGITS.

Oh yeah, a HUcast with a sange entered too but I forget when.

*inhales after a complete rant without breathing*

_Sinue_
Sep 10, 2003, 11:25 PM
Normally, I'd say chill out on the accusations.. because who cares if it's a dupe or not? I just don't like the A-holes who beef themselves out to the point where Ult Ruins is about as effortless as Forest 1 Normal. Once there's no challenge left, what's really the point of playing? It's pretty sad when a team can clear a room in Ult Seabed before I'm even done casting J/Z.

However.. you were in a game called "Legits", and that RA should have known better. That's part of why I don't trade.

Just try to be a bit more cautious who you accuse.. I mean.. what if you had seen my HUmar in the room? He sports an Oriagito, Demolition Comet, Red Handgun, an Opa Opa Mag, DF Feild, God/Battle, and Delsaber's Sheild. Those are some pretty nice finds.. and they are all completely legit. Just because his ID doesn't find either the Guild or the Milla, doesn't mean he couldn't have found either item in someone else's game - or with other characters who are well into Ultimate. Just by looking at my ID, I shouldn't have most of the stuff my HUmar does. However my Redria found the God/Battle, DemoComet, and DF Feild.. while my Greenill earned the Opa Opa Cell last Halloween and found the Red Handgun. The Oriagito is the only thing he SHOULD technically have per his ID.. and even then, the 1975 Agito is an increadibly rare drop which I'm very lucky to have gotten so early on.

bordering
Sep 11, 2003, 12:47 AM
yea, i agree with Sinue. just because someone has good equpiment, doesn't mean they're dupey.

i mean, since november i personally have run ALL ids in the game up to at least level 110. ALL of them. (my oran and blue are currently dead (my old FOmar and marl bore those ids) but i still have holy rays (yes, plural), an imperial pick, and twin chaks left as their legacy.) i don't even want to THINK about what my cumulative hour total is. my mat bank char alone has 30 freaking hours logged on it... i'm probably well on my way toward 3k hours with gc alone.

i do share items between my chars, as, well, i fucking found them they're mine to do with what i see fit. hell, i really don't understand this new breed of "legit" who thinks that sharing items between chars isn't legit... that's even more anal than Phlanax was (i met him while he was doing purple temple runs with his HUne in order to find yas 9ks for his RAmarl).

so, yea. don't judge right off the bat. i know several legit people who have legit uber rares such as sange and yashas, yas 9ks, double cannons, black king bars, x-mas cell mags, etc. do you really think that only dupers find good stuff? few things in this version are hacked, most of the common dupes were FOUND by someone at some time or another. just as an idiot duper who then proceeds to mass dupe an item that he finds, so can a legit find good items too. all it takes to accrue an impressive inventory or red boxes is time, luck, and good legit freinds with whom you share the wealth.

i do agree with you that there are a lot of morons who pose as legit. these are easy to distinguish from real legits as they usually don't know how to play the damn game or much about it. like the idiot funboys who claim they "found" their tj sword in ruins, or that their guld milla is legit because they traded for it, or that they found their pwnad off of one mil and they accidentally tekked it and it just happend to have all 0s.

i guess i can understand you being paranoid. when i was newer to the game and hadn't found any good rares of my own, i used to suspect almost everyone i ran accross of being a duper/dupe user. it's hard to belive that others can find things you haven't, perhaps. and if you only run one or two ids, then you might not have as good of an understanding that while an item may be impossible for, say, pinkal to find [god/power], viridia finds it fairly easily.

i think it's funny that if i were to go into a legit game with my RAcasel who uses a spread (one of 4 i have found in total (one is dead to FSODX, the other two were given to freinds), a frozen shooter (one of three i've found, two given to freinds), red mechs (one of, gosh, prolly 6 or7 i've found), an electro frame that was given to me by a freind in exchange for one of the fses, and occasionally a yas 3r i recently found with my new green RAcast, i would be suspected of being a "dupey". oh well, i guess. my real freinds know what i'm about. the only thing that sucks is that my real freinds aren't ALWAYS on like in the morning or late at night, then i end up in public. i HATE pso public. i hate it i hate it i hate it.

so, yea, poser legits suck. they give real legits a bad name. but try not to judge someone until you've seen their play style.

Valleo
Sep 11, 2003, 10:32 AM
On 2003-09-10 12:30, Logical2u wrote:

I say "Heaven's Punisher IS NOT LEGIT on a level 90 player. And if you cared about stats you wouldn't even have it. Its weaker then the Red Handgun for cryin out loud. And you can't find Guld Milla on your ID."

Pfft. My FOmarl could have piped a Heavens Punisher easily at level 90.

Nai_Calus
Sep 11, 2003, 02:46 PM
On 2003-09-11 08:32, Valleo wrote:

Pfft. My FOmarl could have piped a Heavens Punisher easily at level 90.

Amen. My PINKAL FOnewm piped my HUmar a 1975 Agito by L60, and the HUmar was about what, L85 or something then? Took a little longer for me to lose enough sanity to pipe for a Lavis with my REDRIA FOmar, but I still had that around L100. Had my Red Handgun and Demo Comet even earlier than that. God/Battle, too. Do you think said FOmar really found his L29 Gizonde by himself? Nope, that came from my HUmar's first run into Ult Seabed. Of course, being offline only helps with not being accused of using dupes, since I don't ever get to play with anyone but myself. Heh. But yeah, if I ever got online, if I played with people who didn't know me, they'd probably think I used dupes, since I have relatively uber equip, especially for my level, since I look for things with my different characters and trade stuff among them.
And then I have an uber-anally legit char who's never received anything from my other chars at all, and a couple of chars that are glitched to hell and back.

Logical2u
Sep 11, 2003, 05:45 PM
Ok, I might have overreacted a bit. Just a bit weird to see a ramar only 4 levels higher then you doing 150 more damage an attack, with a mechgun.

monkeyfist
Sep 12, 2003, 04:39 PM
i might know that ra. sent you a pm

Bradicus
Sep 12, 2003, 07:13 PM
found a chain sawd yesterday.. woo... oh well i always wanted one...

monkeyfist
Sep 12, 2003, 09:58 PM
im tired of the dupers who think they are better than legits. not to start a flame war here, but having to cheat on a game that is just heavy,heavy,heavy or light,heavy,heavy is kind of sad. (but thats a different thread)

Firocket1690
Sep 13, 2003, 09:49 AM
On 2003-09-10 22:47, bordering wrote:

so, yea, poser legits suck.

"I found my DC mag and this Tsukimiri J in teh ru1ns on my Viridia !!!"
"The g0d sl0ts were g0++en in teh Seabed w1th my skyLy,"
"my l3g1t fr13nd gave me t3h Fl4m3 G4m3n+"
"and I 1$ +3h leg1t"

they can be quite funny sometimes ....
found my DC mag

kat
Sep 16, 2003, 12:42 AM
My brother is at least honest with himself: he has a frozen shooter - he got it in a sympathy trade. We know it's duped (even without looking at the percents) because it's too good to have been given away for nada... and his logic is that he's going to use it now, until he can find his own.

And when he is able to get his own, forget the dupe one. He's got a legit demolition comet he found, and he's not using duped photon spheres on it - he's keeping it pure. He's got a ton of duped items on him, he knows it, and yet he is honest about it, and willing to play legit only items with me offline. He feels that the only way to actually be able to do anything in a game with people online these days (to be able to be similar to them in terms of damage, etc.) is to have duped items with high percents, or you don't get to hit anything at all, which is less fun....

I can understand that. Level six people with that rifle that ejects shells, or any other number of ridiculously high stuff on single digit people... yes, it can to an extent be nothing more than tweaking: a high mag and a lot of mats saved from other characters with slots stuffed with legit goodies to make it possible... but it makes it hard on the rest of us to even hit the enemy before it's dead.

I am, myself, basically legit. I have a few things of questionable orgin. My android has a Pitri mag which was given to her at level 100 with about 40 dex, 10ish def, and the rest pow... I've raised it sense into a nice droid mag, and as far as I'm concerned having raised most of it's growth it's rather legit, though I have a feeling the cell itself was a dupe, or someone duped it later or something. Same goes with the one god battle I was given... no one actually said it was duped, but why give it away if it's good?

I don't accept the obvious stuff - the BKBs and Dark Flows and all that jazz... People insult my intelligence by trying to make me think it's legit.

I'm not quite sure where I was going with this... but I would think I've gotten there with the simple concept: respect the paramaters of the game you've joined.... too bad game makers can't chose to boot people from that game or something - a nice GM sort of thing that I wish were available...

ChokingVictim
Sep 17, 2003, 12:45 AM
even worse, people who think they're the shit for using hacked items... i beefed my hucast with mats before i even touched him, slapped a lvl 200 mag on him i made with another character. (personally i can't stand mags made by other players, gotta love custom nidras and satos). i have a few god abilities and a god battle ready as far as units go. i traded for these and they are most likely duped but oh well. i've been using a rainbow baton with some so so percents i made myself as my main weapon... mostly because i want to get hits in before al/rappied jsword douchebags start swinging. and until i lvl him up to 80, jsword combos kill just about anything pre-ult. i'm by no means a legit, but i can't handle blowing through hard and v.hard obscenely powerful and not letting teammates get their hits in, it's rude and greedy.

i was in a group with some prick of a zit faced teen who keeps tallking like he's the cock of the walk for doing 4 digit damage to enemies. i point out how anyone can use al rappies and a j-sword. i have enough al rappies and multi-100 area BKBs to tear a helluva lot quicker through falz than he ever could with his humar that kept dying from the 3rd form grants attack... but he would still just not admit to being nothing but a hack whore. the punk just wouldn't take any blow to his fragile teen ego.

i will admit to using hacked and duped weapons with no problem...this hucast i wanna keep a little pure however...only using items i've found with other characters- red saber, Asuka, Orotiagito, Srank Twin. let's face it- this BKB and jsword bullshit is getting tired and tedious. so fucking boring... just boring.

like cheating i enjoy plenty of other bad things for me like smokes, narcotics, alcohol, and telelvision... video game cheating to me is just another minor vice.

people play how they wanna... that's just how it is. as long as one's playing doesn't detract from another gamers experience we should really all just live and let live. pretending you're a better player for using hacks is just plain absurd. hell, i'd kinda welcome a total dupe wipe just to hear all the players who've used nothing but hacks since signing on and begging for free stuff bitch and whine at how much their playing actually sucks when they die every other sec.

Olga-Rappy
Sep 17, 2003, 04:52 AM
Then this FO joins in with a psycho wand, but he leaves...

I think he had a Psycho wand, but it was weak.

I'm not going to deny the fact that they're the most duped FO-item next to Dark Bridge, but it seems like there's some prejudice here against certain items. A Purplenum with enough TP and Ryuker can just keep piping for about... 2 hours and 48 minutes until a Mil Lily hows up and drops it.

But yeah, that Ranger did seem goofed up. A good general rule of thumb is, "If it's not possible with a 150 POW/DEX/MIND mag, 50-75 mats, and some good units; it's not legit." But even then, it's no excuse to go around pointing fingers. Instead of going Salem on him, you could've said: "Can you please not use that item? It seems a bit unnatural, and it's kind of unbalancing for the rest of us."

It's not like he turned you into a newt. (And if he did, I assume you've gotten better.)