PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: Nemesis Redux [Part 2 : Puppet Master]

mr_rubbish
Sep 19, 2003, 03:32 PM
Trying something new. This is a story I thought up today, I'm just going to write it as I make it up with no real idea of whats going to happen next (a small lie).
I'll post new bits as often as humanly possible (as long as they don't interfere with the proper fan-fic i'm writing).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mr_rubbish on 2003-09-20 06:51 ]</font>

mr_rubbish
Sep 19, 2003, 03:33 PM
------- Nemesis Redux -------

----- Part 1 : The Illusion of Self -----

Seb Cole opened his eyes. He felt groggy as if he had been drugged, but could not seem to remember the circumstances as to how or why he found himself in this situation. His eyes adjusted to the harsh lighting and he peered long and hard around the room. Even with all the people standing around him he could see he was in the Guild hospital aboard Pioneer Two. Lying at an incline of fifty degrees indicated he was positioned in a regeneration chamber, but the door had been removed for some reason.

When Seb tried to sit up or raise his arms he found that he was barely able to do so, as if all his strength had been drained away. His head flopped back down to the firm cushion beneath. His stirrings in turn enduced movement in those around him and a figure stepped forward. His sight was getting clearer with every passing moment and he could see a contingent of heavily armed HUcasts standing to attention around the core of four people directly infront.

Two of them he recognised immediately, the first was Eventide, a regular hunting partner. The second was Matisse, a dead-eye RAmarl who had saved his life a number of times. Neither of them seemed particularly happy to see his reawakening. The third person was Natasha Milarose, chief of Pioneer Two's Research facilities. He had met her only a couple of times and she never seemed to be pleased to see him, but the lower left side of her face was covered with a bandage dressing, as if she had been injured a short while ago. The final person wore the clothes of a scientist but did not look familiar.

"What's going on?" His voice was croaky, alien, as if it did not belong to him.

"We should be asking that question of you." Replied Natasha. It appeared that talking was difficult because of her injury.

"I don't understand..."

As he peered down he saw that his wrists were manacled with some kind of glowing chain. He rattled his arms feebly as he noticed that his traditional dark blue armour had be replaced by a white frame.

"Whats going on?" He said, louder this time.

"Maybe he has lost his memory?" Asked Natasha.

Eventide leaned towards her, "Its a trick."

"Eventide, help me."

"You'll speak only when spoken to, Ben-X." Eventide said tersely.

"Ben-X? Why are you calling me that? It's me, Seb Cole." He protested.

The four observers were clearly shock by this statement.

"Impossible, Seb Cole is dead." Natasha informed him.

"What?" It was Seb's turn to be shocked.

"I think you'd better tell us what you do remember." Said Natasha.

Sagasu
Sep 19, 2003, 03:36 PM
As long as it foesn't amke your other fic take longer*Glare*

Good start though...

-Z
Sep 19, 2003, 04:00 PM
nice start to a fic mr rubbish! seems promising. keep it up! ^_^

mr_rubbish
Sep 19, 2003, 04:23 PM
you can talk, how many do you have on the trot? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
this story's beginning has been genetically engineered to hook people in...

On 2003-09-19 13:36, Sarunakai wrote:
As long as it foesn't amke your other fic take longer*Glare*

Good start though...

Sagasu
Sep 19, 2003, 05:05 PM
Lets see here,

Final Assassination
Struggle of War/continuing where final assassination leaves off...
Clans of Chaos/ A fic that I am working on with a partner/Fujikuro/
Keeping updated on The tower group fic of yours...
My own real book/Now in its 75th page/
Scetching and animating my comic/Half Demonz/

And between school and just hanging around psow I dont have much time...

SO yeah I guess I kinda shouldn't be talking. But your story has a much higher demand than mine anywayz...

mr_rubbish
Sep 19, 2003, 05:10 PM
i wouldn't say that. i just have six fans that check my postings religously, thats all.
and wow, that is a lot of work!

SO yeah I guess I kinda shouldn't be talking. But your story has a much higher demand than mine anywayz...

Sagasu
Sep 19, 2003, 06:15 PM
And one of the six is me right!!?? right!!!???

But I guess I've just gotten used to juggling so many things at once, so it seems normal now. Like when I have a break I feel so idle that I just have to do something anywayz...

So it your choice how many things you want to work on, and I'll be here to support you"Have a chair =]"

I'll leave it at that becuz I'm off topic here...

mr_rubbish
Sep 20, 2003, 08:44 AM
----- Part 2 : Puppet Master -----

"I think it was a couple of days ago. We... I mean me and Eventide and a couple of others stormed the East Tower. You must remember it." Seb directed this statement at both Eventide and Natasha.

"Not with you." Retorted Eventide.

"Please, you're not helping him." Matisse tried to calm Eventide down.

"What if i told you that that was nearly seven days ago?"

"Seven days? Have I been unconscious that long?"

"Not quite. Have you heard the name Ben-X before?"

"Not until Eventide called me that for some reason. Should I?..." He hesitated. His mind raced, flashes of something he did not recognise. "I... I... Think..." He stuttered.

"Go back to the Tower mission. Tell us what happened."

"We started by breaching the Central Control Area. In the rush to get started I neglected to purchase necessary supplies so I returned to the Ship. While there I met a young FOnewm who said that his father wished to speak to me about the East Tower. I was suprised by their knowledge of my mission and so went along to see what they knew."

"Pagani! I suspected he might have a hand in all this." Said Natasha.

"Yes, he said his name was Pagani. He offered me some exotic photon weaponery in exchange for data culled from the computer located at the top of the tower."

"And you accepted his offer?"

"I... Was curious, sure. I said to him that I would see what I could do. But I didn't make a firm commitment if you know what I mean."

"And then?"

"Well as per our report, it took us over four hundred Beats to conquer the Tower. The resistance we faced in some places was nothing short of phenomenal."

"So why didn't you mention Pagani in your report then?" Her emphasis on the word 'your' made Seb uncomfortable for some reason.

"I wasn't sure if I was going to give him the data, I suppose."

"Did you give him the data?" It was Matisse who spoke.

"I... can't remember. I remember leaving the Lab... and then nothing."

Sagasu
Sep 20, 2003, 01:22 PM
Continuing good, keep going! =]

mr_rubbish
Sep 20, 2003, 02:07 PM
i didn't realise how amazingly difficult it is too write a story on a just-in-time basis.
this is one experiment that i probably won't repeat. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On 2003-09-20 11:22, Sarunakai wrote:
Continuing good, keep going! =]

Sagasu
Sep 20, 2003, 06:44 PM
I feel saddened that you turn away from a unique style of writing simply because it is difficult. Yet if you do not feel comfortable in writing like this, or just that you dont have the feel of it and you think it handicaps your ability then by all means pull back and focus at what you are comfortable with...

mr_rubbish
Sep 21, 2003, 04:21 AM
well i'm going to keep at it (at least until my proper story is finished (10 more chapters! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )) but while posting the second part i could feel my powers draining... it was very wierd.

On 2003-09-20 16:44, Sarunakai wrote:
I feel saddened that you turn away from a unique style of writing simply because it is difficult. Yet if you do not feel comfortable in writing like this, or just that you dont have the feel of it and you think it handicaps your ability then by all means pull back and focus at what you are comfortable with...

Sagasu
Sep 21, 2003, 07:47 AM
Felt your powers draining huh? Was it because you had this wierd nightmare about being in a hall and then falling into a bubbling whiteness that scorched you for what seemed an eternity and Then the whitness turned to a floor. And the chill darkness around you makes you wish you where back in the boiling white. Then you see your dead brother come, and then he stabs you and you die. ANd all the while a blue sphere creature was draining you energy????

^-^'

mr_rubbish
Sep 21, 2003, 03:24 PM
how did you know????

On 2003-09-21 05:47, Sarunakai wrote:
Felt your powers draining huh? Was it because you had this wierd nightmare about being in a hall and then falling into a bubbling whiteness that scorched you for what seemed an eternity and Then the whitness turned to a floor. And the chill darkness around you makes you wish you where back in the boiling white. Then you see your dead brother come, and then he stabs you and you die. ANd all the while a blue sphere creature was draining you energy????

^-^'

Sagasu
Sep 21, 2003, 04:17 PM
It was me!!!!, nevermind...

mr_rubbish
Sep 21, 2003, 04:55 PM
you're a ball of energy? damn you!

Sagasu
Sep 22, 2003, 06:36 AM
NOOOOO, that was my pet!

"Bad fido"