PDA

View Full Version : Ranting is an ART, Bastards and Bitches.

KodiaX987
Sep 22, 2003, 01:35 PM
Guys, what the hell has happened with venting... Back then, a few years ago, you could curse your ass off and still get away with it, sometimes with some people going "Bravo!" or "Well put!" or some other compliments. Back then, ranting was an art. And it still is. The problem is that the art somehow faded away, like the style of a Superman comic book.

Today, three things will happen if you post a rant:

1) You will be called a whiner.
2) You will be told you don't have the rigth to rant against whatever you are ranting against.
3) You will be flamed.

So there's a shitload of people who come in here and point out that we, ranters, we whine.

MOTHERFUCKING DUH.

Me angry. Me wanna release some steam. Me gonna use the rants board, because me finds it convenient it's there. I mean, if mods and admins didn't want to us to have our periodic moments of whining, they wouldn't have put a rants board in the first place. Other forums wouldn't have put a rants board in the first place. Maddox would've never existed. Sucks500.com would've never existed.

Here; if so many people complain of people whining (irony - yet another below-the-belt jab) then why do so many people admire Maddox? I mean, this dude just rants and raves like the rest of us.

Watch what you reply in here. You might just get pissed off one day and rant as well.

Brought to you by da King of Rants, bastards and bitches.

muff
Sep 22, 2003, 01:57 PM
Well put, Bravo!

Mystil
Sep 22, 2003, 02:46 PM
On 2003-09-22 11:35, KodiaX987 wrote:

Brought to you by da King of Rants, bastards and bitches.

Sorry, but that title is mine.

Firocket1690
Sep 22, 2003, 02:51 PM
it's basically impossible to piss me off on the internet.....

I hardly ever START my own rant....
unless, it's somehow funny
See: I hate today's youth.
kids writing 1337 ono school boards.
Yes, amusing and funny, but still ......

KodiaX987
Sep 22, 2003, 04:24 PM
On 2003-09-22 12:46, Silhouette wrote:

You dare question the holder of the title? *evil grin* Check out the archives, dude!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nai_Calus
Sep 22, 2003, 11:45 PM
I love you. Marry me. Imagine the horrifying children we could have.

Mystil
Sep 23, 2003, 12:46 AM
On 2003-09-22 14:24, KodiaX987 wrote:

On 2003-09-22 12:46, Silhouette wrote:

You dare question the holder of the title? *evil grin* Check out the archives, dude!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ok. You got me beat by a few threads. So I'll just be the Prince of Rants, Bastards and Bitchs. Damn that is an awesome line you came up with. @_@

To add to the topic however, ranting is also a healthy thing, that I think many people do not realize. It's better to release the tension in your mind, than holding it in, as it can have serious effects on your body. Mind and body work as one. When the mind is ill, the body sufferes. So it is good to rant, rather it makes you a whiner or not.

Wewt
Sep 23, 2003, 06:02 AM
Letting off steam physically > Letting off steam verbally.

KodiaX987
Sep 23, 2003, 07:20 AM
I'd love to but my punching bag's already totaled...

Mystil
Sep 23, 2003, 12:50 PM
There's always a fighting game. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Wewt
Sep 23, 2003, 05:39 PM
Go out and break something. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2003-09-23 10:50, Silhouette wrote:
There's always a fighting game. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

There's always games, of course!

There's nothing like beating the crap out of somebody, or something, in a virtual environment

Mystil
Sep 23, 2003, 09:08 PM
It's better than taken your anger out on a human being. It's safe to do, and no one gets hurt(or you). And there's no trouble. Works for me.

polishedweasel
Sep 24, 2003, 03:52 AM
Thing is, people rant about stuff that doesn't even matter...like corrupting a lv 18 character. Oh wow, all that hard 2 hours of work gone down the drain, how about ranting about something that really matters, like getting your check cashed and being robbed outside the bank, or something equally tragic and rant worthy. Ok people? Get lives and stop bitchin.

Mystil
Sep 24, 2003, 07:45 AM
Yes hypocrit stop whining. Seeing as you joined one of my games, ranting on about how no one but you had a Keyboard(in the game). Then disrespected me and left. Fool. Why don't you follow your own advice.

Kodiaxs' post just reinstated my confidence in getting things off my chest without worrying about being labled by people that don't even know a thing about me. Drama Queen, Attention Whore, Whiner, complainer. I've been called all that. Who cares now.

I say to those people:
Lick me.

Ranting is an ART, BASTARD. Deal with it.

Wewt
Sep 24, 2003, 07:56 AM
On 2003-09-23 19:08, Silhouette wrote:
It's better than taken your anger out on a human being. It's safe to do, and no one gets hurt(or you). And there's no trouble. Works for me.

Hell no. I'm a very violent-minded(doesn't mean I'm evil and want to hurt people all the time) person, so I prefer to have things as real as can be. Of course, I won't hit people if I know I'll really hurt them. I'd only hit my friends for fun.

KodiaX987
Sep 24, 2003, 09:06 AM
Methinks the styliest way to blow off steam is by stabbing someone's eye with an icicle like in Die Hard 2. Boo-frikkin'-yah!

If not, I always love to start up Gunstar Heroes and kick some major ass.

Mystil
Sep 26, 2003, 07:59 AM
On 2003-09-24 05:56, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

On 2003-09-23 19:08, Silhouette wrote:

Hell no. I'm a very violent-minded(doesn't mean I'm evil and want to hurt people all the time) person, so I prefer to have things as real as can be. Of course, I won't hit people if I know I'll really hurt them. I'd only hit my friends for fun.

So am I, but I'd rather punch a hole in the wall, then get life in prison for punching a hole in someones chest.

Wewt
Sep 26, 2003, 01:04 PM
On 2003-09-26 05:59, Silhouette wrote:
So am I, but I'd rather punch a hole in the wall, then get life in prison for punching a hole in someones chest.

That's what GOOD friends are for!

Firocket1690
Sep 27, 2003, 11:18 AM
o_O

then I don't have many punching bags good friends... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Mixfortune
Sep 29, 2003, 10:56 PM
On 2003-09-24 07:06, KodiaX987 wrote:
If not, I always love to start up Gunstar Heroes and kick some major ass.

Ah, the sport of kings. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

polishedweasel
Sep 29, 2003, 11:25 PM
On 2003-09-24 05:45, Silhouette wrote:
Yes hypocrit stop whining. Seeing as you joined one of my games, ranting on about how no one but you had a Keyboard(in the game). Then disrespected me and left. Fool. Why don't you follow your own advice.

Kodiaxs' post just reinstated my confidence in getting things off my chest without worrying about being labled by people that don't even know a thing about me. Drama Queen, Attention Whore, Whiner, complainer. I've been called all that. Who cares now.

I say to those people:
Lick me.

Whoa whoa....what climbed into your asshole? First off, PSO is lame when you talk and noone responds to you. Secondly, why do you act like such a female? And last, how am I a hypocrite? I never ranted about anything in a game with you. Sorry you can't afford to buy a keyboard.

*hands his powerboard to Sillhouette* Better?

KodiaX987
Sep 30, 2003, 07:06 AM
On 2003-09-29 20:56, Mixfortune wrote:
Ah, the sport of kings. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

You know, I'll never get tired of fighting against the giant gun. I mean, it's so original!!! And the Urchin Force. Dammit, best boss EVAH.

Mystil
Oct 2, 2003, 01:20 PM
On 2003-09-29 21:25, polishedweasel wrote:

On 2003-09-24 05:45, Silhouette wrote:

I say to those people:
Lick me.

Whoa whoa....what climbed into your asshole? First off, PSO is lame when you talk and noone responds to you. Secondly, why do you act like such a female? And last, how am I a hypocrite? I never ranted about anything in a game with you. Sorry you can't afford to buy a keyboard.

*hands his powerboard to Sillhouette* Better?

Because as I said SO MANY TIMES, my personality is feminine. And it's just how I like it. I, unlike most people, do not mind being somewhat like my mom. I like my feminine ways. In short, I love who I am. It is Male feminism is looked down upon in the real world(ie: my town), but very much accepted online, because of the diversity of people, who's minds are more OPEN and full of reasonableness. God bless the internet. Masculinity provides strength, feminity provides passion.

I bought one, 'friend' it died the minute I plugged it in. I opted not to buy another one, in fear of getting ANOTHER faulty one. I don't need one anyway, for I type just as fast as a person who has one. All I wanted it for, was to do those cool animations.

Thirdly, I like to play first and talk later. I don't have all darn year to converse IN A GAME when I'm trying to kill stuff. You can run your mouth in someones game all you want. But I wont. Also: I don't have to say a damn thing to someone I don't like.

Forthy, uhm, you pissed everyone else off in that game with your dumb comments about 'keyboards' no one said nothing, til you left though. Thus you were needlessly ranting. THEREFORE, it brands you a hypocrite in this thread.

I'm done explaining myself to you. Go take your keyboard to someone who gives a damn and wants one.