PDA

View Full Version : Complaints from/about customers...

FinalMasterM
Sep 23, 2003, 12:40 AM
Everyday I go into work I suck in my anger, hate, sarrow, etc and put a false smile on my face. I do everything I can to keep sane by joking with employees and customers. In the year I've worked there I've never had any trouble come from it til now...

It all started Saturday... I walked into work to be called to the office. Apparently a lady whom I checked out on my register the day before wanted to complain about my joking around with her for writing a check for $1.06 (.06 being the tax in KY). I only said "You know you probably paid more for the piece of paper than you are for what you wrote it for." She didn't seem to mind, but I guess I was mistaken.

Then later that day I had a customer come in and buy a card (.50) she had accidently grabbed 2 envelops (sp?) and instead of putting it back, threw it on the candy rack beside my register. I pulled it off on my way around to the register and jokingly waved it at her and said "You know that's not where it belongs." And instead of laughing, like most of my customers, she grits her teeth and says "You know, I've worked with the public for years and have never said anything so rude in my life. I am in a rush and don't have time to bother with you." Throwing her change down and storming out the doors. I guess she, in her 'years' of working with the public, hasn't gotten tired of having to pick up after every lazy-ass customer that walks into the store.

Next comes a lady who I've never seen before. She walks into the store and starts eyeing around. I walk up to her as I'm cleaning the shelves around and ask her if she needs any help finding anything. She declines and I tell her if she needs anything to feel free to ask. Apparently she doesn't care and starts picking items up, putting them elsewhere, then finally grabs an item or 2 and puts them on my register, one being a gallon of milk. She then walks away to the back of the store for about 30mins. I see the milk just sitting there and place is back in the fridge, not wanting it to get hot. About 20mins after she makes her way back to the front and begins to bitch about 'her' milk missing. I tell her I moved it back to the fridge to keep it cold, but she doesn't care, knocks the things she had on my register off and leaves.

AND LAST! A customer with 'bitch' all over her face. First, she waits til I ring an item up and says "Oh. I don't need that." After 3 items she finally stops and buys about $7 worth of stuff.. and hands me a $100. Ok, I think as I give her the change when she speaks up "Oh, I need a roll of quarters." Obvisouly I cannot sell her a roll, all the coinage in the store is needed and I tell her "Sorry, I cannot." She gets this really ugly face and ask "Can I ask your manager if I can buy one?". "No, sorry, all the change in the store is for store use" I say. She 'pffts' and a customer overhearing this says "Miss, there are 3 banks down the road, just a bit". I nod slowly and she turns, tosses her kart into the fridge (where the milk and such are) and says "I only asked a damn question, I don't feel like making 100 god-damn trips for change."

Swear, one day I'll write the book of "How to be a customer for DUMBASSES"

Mystil
Sep 23, 2003, 12:58 AM
Yes I can sympathize. A lady came to my store one night wanted to pay for a 18 dollar order with an 100 dollar bill. Pat(our cashier) could not go into the store safe to give her all that change, cause it was locked for tonight. The customer demanded that Pat GAVE HER change out of that 100. Pat could not do it. She ran outta one dollar bills, and had not 20's or 5's. Not enough 10's.

The lady then yelled at my boss, who was the manager on duty, saying our store should always have the money to break these. HELLO! No store would break an 100 dollar bill at a REGISTER. Only Customer Service can do that.

She got real nasty and started talking shit about our store. All he can say was that he's sorry that he can't help her. She had hurt Pats feelings of course. >_>. Really I think that she was just showing off how much money she had on her. 100 dollar bill, be deal.

How to be a customer for dumbasses would work, but can I write a book along with you called "How to deal with dumbass customers for Intelligent Employees"?

starhealer
Sep 23, 2003, 01:04 AM
You poor, poor customer service people you.

But I get to hear all this from my sister whenever she stops by the house. She works at Wal-mart, God of Chain Stores--and loathes every minute of it.

I'm just glad I don't have a customer service job. ^-^x

FinalMasterM
Sep 23, 2003, 01:07 AM
On 2003-09-22 22:58, Silhouette wrote:
How to be a customer for dumbasses would work, but can I write a book along with you called "How to deal with dumbass customers for Intelligent Employees"?

Sure, you can co-write my book and I'll co-write yours.

As for the $100... well hehehe I had one of those also when I started. Was my first night with my head manager and an older lady was in the store WAY after we were closed. She entered the store about 7:30PM EST, finally reached the back of the store around 10 after 8, and was done shopping by 8:45-9PM. By the time she went through every isle the manager had already done a complete pull on my register (leaving me with the $100 starting amount (which includes change)) Sure enough she buys about $10 worth of stuff and pays with a $100. Thus causing me to walk back to the office to ask the manager to break it causing him to scream "GOD-DAMNIT!". Ah, was worth getting out late to hear him say it.

Btw, I refuse to break $100s for anything under $40 worth of stuff. I won't break a $20 for anything under $1.

Inu_Ranma
Sep 23, 2003, 02:33 AM
The book that you want to write exists! It's called Fight Club! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Firocket1690
Sep 23, 2003, 11:22 PM
On 2003-09-22 22:40, FinalMasterM wrote:
Everyday I go into work I suck in my anger, hate, sarrow, etc and put a false smile on my face.

works for me too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif School.

About the breaking 20's by purchases less than $1 (too lazy to find quotes)

some people purposly by a small pack of gum because they need smaller bills....

oh, and tell me, what's less than a dollar..?
unless they still sell those doublemint thingies for 25 cents ...
the 7-11 nearby stopped selling those ten-cent candies not that long ago...

but nowadays, with all this tax, it's hard to imagine much stuff under a dollar

P.S.I know some wiseass is about to post saying something like:
"You can dial 10-10-220 for less than a dollar !!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2003-09-23 21:23 ]</font>

NKOTB
Sep 24, 2003, 12:22 AM
I have worked in a retail sales position for 2 1/2 years now. I work in what is by far the nicest clothing store within an hour and a half distance and I will tell you what pisses me off the most.

People that can't afford to shop here, but do anyway.

For example, summer clothes are currently reduced 80% to make room for fall and winter clothes.

These cheap mother f*ckers will come in and complain about prices when they are already marked down 80%!!! I've never shopped at Wal*Mart for clothes, but there is no f'in way they can be cheaper than our prices at 80% off. And if they are cheaper it will only be a slight difference, and the quality would be totally uncomparable to what we carry.

I also hate people that are too dumb to figure out what 80% off is.

1. If you don't like the price, F off.
2. If you are too dumb to figure out the price, you probably shouldn't be in our store. You are stupid poor trash that didn't graduate from 6th grade. STFU, leave me alone, go watch NASCAR.

geewj
Sep 24, 2003, 01:50 AM
I get lots of complaints at my job, but by the time it gets to me it's time to tell them how it is and send them on thier way. And the other half are in handcuffs, so I don't care about thier complaints.

(works in Loss Prevention at Sears)

Murdercall
Sep 24, 2003, 02:32 PM
What i can't understand is why do people wander the streets with $100 if they are planning to spend $10!?

Firocket1690
Sep 24, 2003, 05:10 PM
On 2003-09-24 12:32, Murdercall wrote:
What i can't understand is why do people wander the streets with $100 if they are planning to spend $10!?

Show off da' G's they got rollin'

*Good Charlotte starts playing in background
Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous*

CGoodness
Sep 24, 2003, 08:19 PM
Yea, some people suck and I know what it's like for you cashiers from seeing it in my countless hours loitering at media play and wal mart and such. that's why I always try to be really nice to cashiers so they know that not all people suck.

mimicr
Sep 24, 2003, 08:38 PM
On 2003-09-22 22:58, Silhouette wrote:
Yes I can sympathize. A lady came to my store one night wanted to pay for a 18 dollar order with an 100 dollar bill. Pat(our cashier) could not go into the store safe to give her all that change, cause it was locked for tonight. The customer demanded that Pat GAVE HER change out of that 100. Pat could not do it. She ran outta one dollar bills, and had not 20's or 5's. Not enough 10's.

The lady then yelled at my boss, who was the manager on duty, saying our store should always have the money to break these. HELLO! No store would break an 100 dollar bill at a REGISTER. Only Customer Service can do that.

She got real nasty and started talking shit about our store. All he can say was that he's sorry that he can't help her. She had hurt Pats feelings of course. >_>. Really I think that she was just showing off how much money she had on her. 100 dollar bill, be deal.

uhm...
do you work in MCDonalds?
cause..
uhm...
well do you mind answering?

echo-2003
Sep 24, 2003, 09:04 PM
On 2003-09-24 12:32, Murdercall wrote:

Probubly counterfit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

FinalMasterM
Sep 25, 2003, 12:54 AM
I had someone try to quickcash me the other day. (Where they ask you questions about breaking a bill or getting a set of bills for their change). Well he asked if I had any 50s instead of handing him 4 20s for his nice $5 purchase with his $100. I shook my head and said "no, sorry." He quickly put on a disturbed face as I counted each bill to his hand. Ah, the face on some people... priceless.